Harte-Hanks

Harte-Hanks Employer Reviews

Very high paced keeps you on your toes
Temp triage position (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: we were spoiled when it came to free food
Cons: favoritism
A normal work day would be a 7am to 4pm work schedule. I would walk in and sign in to all of my programs on my desktop. I would log on to my phone and start receiving calls from customers. I will then verify personal information, then transfer them to the correct department. The hardest part of the job was the calls coming in back to back but one would get used to it very quickly. The co-workers were fun to work with but the management was not so professional.
Procutive high demand job
Domestic Trace Agent (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day I trace package lost, late, or headed to destination to place request for the customer.
I have learned patience and how to deal with high stress levels with customers.
Management is up and down.....no management is really sturdy.
My co-workers are team players if I seek assistance or need help with anything they are willing to assistance so that we help one another be successful
The hardest part of the job is failing to get a important package to the destination by deadline with limited resources.
The most enjoyable part is finally getting someone their package they have so eagerly been waiting on and having them express joy in or accomplishments and hard work to get it there.
No advancement, poor communication, shrinking company
ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Billerica, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Work in finance dept. Low pay, only way to get ahead with HH is to be best friends with the boss.

Company downsizing, despite what they say (Restructuring by laying tons of people off, reducing office space).

Only people happy there are sales people (the only ones who make anything). New managers are running the company into the ground.
Terrible Workplace
Revenue Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Austin-TxFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: healthcare, pay, reduced lunches, favoritism, non-professional
By far this has been the worse place I have worked. If you are a hard worker they use that to their advantage and work you to the bones, picking up other co-workers slack. They do not care about you as a person, there only concern is making sure numbers are met. Even when you have proven yourself to be a hard worker coming in early, staying late they will not promote you, but rather promote someone who they personally know and tell you that you are not experienced enough. They will hire anyone just to have numbers and shortly after hiring every one quits.

Personally I would just avoid this job.
Productive and fun
Senior Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Yardley, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Produtive and fun. Manage, develop, and deliver analysis that improves the profitability of client marketing programs. Provide database marketing analysis including analytic segmentation, direct marketing test design, response analysis, ROI analysis, and implementation of predictive modeling. Develop statistically sound customer targeting and test plans, measure current marketing programs, provide recommendations for improvement. Hands-on interaction with database and analytical/modeling tools supporting database marketing including SAS, SQL, Tableau
Harte Hanks
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pretty good place to work. Learned alot of valuable tools to take with me into the real world. Management team wasn't always the best but Its a fine job.
Good quality
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: hearing different accents across the us
Cons: dealing with a tough customer
Talking on the phone with people across the US was pretty interesting. Learning good customer courtesy and communication skills was beneficial. Management and co workers rarely needed each other but when needed everyone was helpful. It was overall fun
Fun workplace
Press Printer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Ran a printing press. The management was willing to work with you. The co workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the press. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with.
Dock worker
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: staying safe
Cons: injury, due to not practicing safety
I have found that my many years of forklift experience have shown me the proper and improper way to handle many situations. I have actually become a forklift safety trainer in response to some frequent mistakes I have seen, and committed myself. The biggest and most frequent mistake when operating a forklift is not wearing your seat belt. If the vehicle tips over, you need to be strapped in avoid serious injury, or even death. I always try and keep in mind, safety first
Always had activities for Employees, Worked well with me with my child
Revenue Service Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: mandatory reduce lunches(more than normal), pay is not enough for the job
A typical day at work would be taking inbound calls; 50-80 calls a day, updating customer FedEx accounts, collecting payments while making necessary adjustments to customers invoices among request. Also, educated customers of company service guide and providing detail information on current or past due invoices. At this job I learned how to stay firm with decisions and also gained experience in customer service. I loved working with my co-workers and management, we helped each other with challenging customers.
Was awesome, now tanking
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good paid time off, health, dental, and vision coverage, 401k
Cons: discipinary actions, disorganized, lack of motivation, low moral.
The company was great to work for, good people, lots of work to be had, in a fun energetic environment. Due to management changes beginning at the top it seems to have taken its toll on middle managers and below. It is no longer the happy place where people enjoyed coming in to work and wanted to put their extra effort. Now it is turning into a highly disciplinary action driven organization, with less assets due to current layoffs.
Typical Call Center
Customer Service Representative - Temp (Former Employee), Austin, TxJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: good training
Cons: dreary work environment
This place is just your average call center. The training is very thorough and you are prepared adequately for the calls you'll be taking.

There's a lot of focus on metrics, which I understand is important. There is also a clean desk policy, no writing implements of any type at your desk, no electronic devices at all on the floor (your purse had better be pushed all the way under your desk and not visible from the aisle) which I suppose is good for productivity, but boring when there are no calls coming in.

The chairs are old, the carpets are old (and smell bad) I don't think anyone ever dusts the computers or desks.

All of my supervisors were great, very helpful and approachable. There was a LOT of turnover among my co-workers.

I think the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers.
Harte Hanks
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXJanuary 11, 2015
I throughly enjoyed this job but I just did not like whole sitting down all day looking at a computer screen.
Terrible Management and no room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Cons: management, strict rules
Harte-Hanks is run in a very strict almost school like way with management that is very overbearing and rude. Within the company you have very few opportunities for advancement or increase in pay. There is no grace period if you are even 1 minute late and everybody is grossly underpaid. On average people working the same job for the same amount of hours are paid about 2 dollars more with opportunity to grow. Daily you are monitored to not get on the internet, you are not allowed to use pens or use your cell phones. Harte-Hanks also paid employees to post positive reviews on yelp in return for a 25 dollar gift card.
Poor, Horrible Place to work
Call Center Rep (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 26, 2014
Pros: hard to be fired
Cons: everything
If you need a job….this isn't it. Many employees have records including an Associate Operations Manager, Supervisors, and Leads. They keep people who don't perform because they need the "bodies" so if you are looking for job security, I guess this could be a plus. However, if you are a minute late, expect your supervisor to call. Often times they force you into mandatory overtime if they are short-staffed. Pay is poor, for the work they expect you to do. The company culture is very childish, management holds grudges, gossip is constant and people tend to worry about everyone else rather than themselves. Favoritism is rampant (race plays into it as well with some supervisors). Training is poor, how can you take them seriously when they can't even spell "Welcome." They will do anything to pass you during training include giving you the answers (again, they need the bodies). Those in authoritative roles have been know to sleep with their subordinates, so if you want to advance within this "company" that's your ticket. If you are looking for a professional environment look elsewhere, if you want to go back to high school you'll fit right in!
Good place to learn
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2014
Most of the days are 8 hours, but there are times when you need to stretch a bit. But teh work is enjoyable , once you get the hang of it.
Great Place
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXDecember 12, 2014
Overall a great place to work. Not a stressful job at all. Would recommend anyone to consider working at Harte Hanks. The job was pretty laid back the main job was answering the phones and satisfying what the customer wanted and apologizing for anything they were not happy with.
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 9, 2014
providing tech support for any device to customers who had the services that this company provide
Great people environment
Data entry (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 27, 2014
Great people to work around, made the job a great environment to work in. At any time I had a question by lead or supervisor was there to help. The work it self was not that difficult if you just stayed in adherence and followed your guidance assistance. Have not experienced any issues with problems with co-workers or management.
Fast paced, growing enviorment.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 25, 2014
Working with Harte Hanks "FedEx" is pretty exciting. You have a chance to grow with the company, meet other CSR's from the other locations, learn new things and really just be a great customer support agent.

1 2 3 4 5

About Harte-Hanks

Harte-Hanks, Inc. (Harte-Hanks) is a worldwide direct and targeted marketing company that provides direct marketing services and – Read more