Harte-Hanks

Harte-Hanks Employer Reviews

Harte Hanks Fedex Account
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOLUTIONS AGENT (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 22, 2015
This job has been my favorite so far. It was so exciting to come to work everyday. I loved the fast pace environment. The atmosphere was so inviting. The training was informational and intense. A training class that I will never forget. I was promoted a few times in this job, my manager was awesome. I just overall loved working here.
Fast pace, chance to try new ways of doing things
Production Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 20, 2015
They always was open to trying new ways to improve production.

Every time I would come up with a new invention to try to improve on production. I was given the time and resources to give it a try. this keep it fun and exciting.
Great heart and soul of the people, wasting their time in a soulless company
Social Media Support Specialist (Former Employee), Austin TexasMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great teammates
Cons: everything under the sun, petty upper management low wages
Working at Harte Hanks started out as a promising career move. The potential of the semi-new social program held great promise for a media grad trying to find their place in the work world. At first the team was packed with young and talented people each bringing unique and strong skills to the role. It appeared that this would be the job that took my career to the next level but that soon went out the window along with the windows themselves.
As early as two weeks in, people started to resign in droves and I had realized that I had made a terrible mistake. Our team dwindled to half its size soon after and as the workload increased we were forced to work weekends, something I never signed up for. In addition the lack of overtime offered made this a one sided affair. Eventually after a long period of low staff they finally decided to hire new members. Unfortunately the cycle of high turn over would continue to repeat itself until my resignation.
The company was prone to petty and childish decisions from upper management, and with each new change the quality of work diminished tremendously. We were taken from an open modern office with comfortable seating, windows and a convenient entrance. To a room void of windows and natural light, our desk space was cut in half and we crammed into a room with other agents. In addition the respect and admiration we once felt was replaced with feeling of guilt and of lack of value. To make matters worst we eventually lost access to the doors that were located on the side of the building where we worked. We were forced to make almost a full 360-degree – more... walk around the building in the hopes of making it to our desks on time to avoid attendance points that could cost us our jobs.
When asked for an explanation into why this was done, we were given a vague answer and told, “It was for safety reasons.” It was obvious that we had become the one of the most hated teams in the company and that we were now a target of some unknown higher up that wanted to see us burn. Equipment quality was always a second thought for them. From day 1 we inquired about getting new computers to perform a jobs better. We are always given the run around and this was never really addressed, eventually I just gave up. We were providing support for devices that were more advanced than the computers we worked on.
I could keep going but then it might turn into a book. Heed my warning if you are considering this company, have a quick exit strategy, or the days will turn into weeks, month and years. With each passing span of time, a bit of yourself will become filled with despair and you wonder how you let this happen to your life. – less
Good people, and good opportunities.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXMarch 16, 2015
I enjoy interacting with my team members, managers and lateral coworkers. Harte Hanks offers great opportunities and gives you the ability to advance throughout your career.
No longer allowed to manage our own business
Project Manager (Current Employee), Bensalem, PAMarch 12, 2015
Senior management no longer trusts the teams to make their own business decisions. Day-to-day decisions are questioned and not understood which leads to no decision. Cost cutting and efficiencies, without providing the processes, tools or training to become more efficient is the new culture. Employees are made to feel like we should be lucky to work at Harte Hanks vs. Harte Hanks valuing their employees. Just a paycheck.
Worked on site at Texas Instruments supporting their customers
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2015
Typical day was entering customer orders and working open orders reports which consisted of customer changes to orders they had on the books. All orders were entered using SAP software, open order reports were usually in Excel, used Microsoft Outlook for communication.
Productive and highly Motivated worker looking for an employer that matches and challenges my skills
Fed Ex Agent/ Tech Support (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXMarch 11, 2015
I go to work and give 110% everyday. I've learned to be a quick learner, work at a fast past and always be a team player. I love to work and there is nothing too hard that I cant accomplish.
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 10, 2015
Renewal by Andersen of Austin - Austin, TX 78758 (North Austin area)
You will be responsible for making outbound calls to potential customers and new prospects. Strong technical aptitude including Microsoft Office and typing..
Nice place to work
FedEX Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXMarch 7, 2015
Harte Hanks is a ok place to work, but the pay rate is not much at all. For a family, it can only get the bills paid. In my opinion, we don't get paid enough for what we have to listen to and deal with for 8hrs a day.
Great place to polish phone skills and sales
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: great place to polish phone skills and sales
Cons: no commission structure
Harte-Hanks is a fun place to work at. Great co-workers and fun environment. Plus, Harte-Hanks gave me the opportunity to polish my phone and sales skills. The only downside is no real incentives for selling insurance products, meaning there is no commission structure.
Good work life balance and nice people
Software Engineer II (Current Employee), Billerica, MaMarch 3, 2015
Great hard working people, my manager was awesome in terms of work-life balance;There are currently lot of changes going on.
Nice try but too little too late
Account Executive (Former Employee), Yardley, PAMarch 2, 2015
Company going through too many changes that do not include the people who bring and keep the clients. Employees are jumping ship.
Cool laid back place.
Fedex Domestic Trace Agent (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: benefits/job security
Cons: angry customers
Working here is cool the only issue is dealing with upset customers on EVERY phone call. Bad vibes like that will take a toll on anyone after a while. The best is the job security and benefits. This job is very easy to do.
Very high paced keeps you on your toes
Temp triage position (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: we were spoiled when it came to free food
Cons: favoritism
A normal work day would be a 7am to 4pm work schedule. I would walk in and sign in to all of my programs on my desktop. I would log on to my phone and start receiving calls from customers. I will then verify personal information, then transfer them to the correct department. The hardest part of the job was the calls coming in back to back but one would get used to it very quickly. The co-workers were fun to work with but the management was not so professional.
Procutive high demand job
Domestic Trace Agent (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day I trace package lost, late, or headed to destination to place request for the customer.
I have learned patience and how to deal with high stress levels with customers.
Management is up and down.....no management is really sturdy.
My co-workers are team players if I seek assistance or need help with anything they are willing to assistance so that we help one another be successful
The hardest part of the job is failing to get a important package to the destination by deadline with limited resources.
The most enjoyable part is finally getting someone their package they have so eagerly been waiting on and having them express joy in or accomplishments and hard work to get it there.
No advancement, poor communication, shrinking company
ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee), Billerica, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Work in finance dept. Low pay, only way to get ahead with HH is to be best friends with the boss.

Company downsizing, despite what they say (Restructuring by laying tons of people off, reducing office space).

Only people happy there are sales people (the only ones who make anything). New managers are running the company into the ground.
Terrible Workplace
Revenue Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Austin-TxFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: healthcare, pay, reduced lunches, favoritism, non-professional
By far this has been the worse place I have worked. If you are a hard worker they use that to their advantage and work you to the bones, picking up other co-workers slack. They do not care about you as a person, there only concern is making sure numbers are met. Even when you have proven yourself to be a hard worker coming in early, staying late they will not promote you, but rather promote someone who they personally know and tell you that you are not experienced enough. They will hire anyone just to have numbers and shortly after hiring every one quits.

Personally I would just avoid this job.
Productive and fun
Senior Marketing Analyst (Current Employee), Yardley, PAFebruary 6, 2015
Produtive and fun. Manage, develop, and deliver analysis that improves the profitability of client marketing programs. Provide database marketing analysis including analytic segmentation, direct marketing test design, response analysis, ROI analysis, and implementation of predictive modeling. Develop statistically sound customer targeting and test plans, measure current marketing programs, provide recommendations for improvement. Hands-on interaction with database and analytical/modeling tools supporting database marketing including SAS, SQL, Tableau
Harte Hanks
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pretty good place to work. Learned alot of valuable tools to take with me into the real world. Management team wasn't always the best but Its a fine job.
Good quality
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: hearing different accents across the us
Cons: dealing with a tough customer
Talking on the phone with people across the US was pretty interesting. Learning good customer courtesy and communication skills was beneficial. Management and co workers rarely needed each other but when needed everyone was helpful. It was overall fun

1 2 3 4 5

About Harte-Hanks

Harte-Hanks, Inc. (Harte-Hanks) is a worldwide direct and targeted marketing company that provides direct marketing services and – Read more

Harte-Hanks Salaries