Harte-Hanks

Harte-Hanks Employer Reviews

great for students
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 16, 2014
great place to work if you need to balance school and kids, very easy to advance and always a friendly staff
It was a temporary position
Temporary Positions (Former Employee), KansasOctober 14, 2014
The hardest part of the job was taking calls while having morning sickness (that lasted all day).
Great Company to work for fast paced environment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Great company to work for they sold our portion to Advo, Inc. which I later returned to Harte-Hanks once Advo, Inc. moved out of state.
A wonderful place to work
FedEx Dot.com/Domestic Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 10, 2014
Being new to Texas and the Austin area, I believe that Harte Hankes is a hidden treasure. Having worked for many Call Centers off and on over the years, there is no culture or environment quite like the FedEx line where I work.

I just started working for Harte Hanks (2) months ago, and I have been extremely impressed with the opportunity for learning, – more... growth, and advancement. During my past experience, Call Centers were considered 'dead-end' and many workers would become burned, out and would eventually leave the organization. What I have discovered with the FedEx line of business at Harte Hanks, along with other departments, is there are many employees who have been with the organization for numerous years; they have advanced; they have grown with the company and started from the Call Center all the way up to Senior Management. Witnessing a tangible example of promotional opportunity through personnel advancement serves as great incentive to all of us.

I have also enjoyed the diverse and energetic culture. Management continues to incorporate a variety of fun-filled days such as Hat Day, Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, Twin Day, and Funny Socks Day; to name a few. These types of activities allow for positivity and amazing interaction between colleagues and staff; which trickles down into an up-beat experience with customers. Harte Hanks is service based - from the inside outward.

It has been a joy to work for Harte Hanks; to learn new functions and to think outside the box; yet receive training in adhering to clear cut policies and procedures. I also like that Harte Hanks' Senior Management lend a listening ear and open-door policy for input and recommendations from ALL employees. Many ideas have been implemented into operational processes throughout the organization.

For the short time frame I have worked at Harte Hanks, I have been blown away at the progressiveness of the organization; the wonderful personalities I have had the pleasure to interact with and learn from; and the vast platform Harte Hanks provides for each and every employee to move forward and upward within the company. I know for a fact I am fortunate to be employed at Harte Hanks, and feel I am part of a team that makes a difference by exhibiting quality service internally, and externally to all customers we assist. – less
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch and snacks sometimes
Cons: short breaks, headaches
I would come into work, clock in and start taking calls. I would get calls one after the other until the end of my shift. I learned a lot like how to handle upset customers and make the experience better for them in the end. I would always go out of my way to help the customer. My co-workers there were fun to work with even though we didnt get to talk – more... much from being on the phone constantly, the managers and supervisers still tried to make it a fun environment by letting us play games and bringing us food and snacks. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes you are not able to fully help the customer, your customer service connections can only go so far and sometimes that does upset the customer and all you can do is apoligize but that does not happen often. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually being able to fully help the customer and have them completely satisfied when they get off of the phone. – less
Challenging and productive
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: shift days and hours
Cons: sitting and waiting until exactly the time to clock in.
A very challenging job with room for growth. Lots of people to interact with and new task everyday.
Good folks to work for and with. The fed-ex program is great.
Fed Ex Revenue Services Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TxSeptember 13, 2014
Harte-Hanks has a wonderful environment with solid management.
Happy employees are important to them.
Good benefits.
Solid opportunities for people willing to work hard and show up for work.
Terrible company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: terrible management, stressful environment, etc...
Terrible company to work for, very stressful environment to work in. The job itself is not stressful or hard, it's the terrible management that make it so stressful. They have very little to no knowledge of what they're doing or supervising over at all. The only guidance you have is your co-workers. Management does not care about their employees and – more... treat them like dirt while expecting the employee to maintain a positive attitude at all times. Pay is way low for the amount of stress you have to endure on a daily basis. No pay raises or real incentives to complete work but are always expected to do your work and everyone else's whether by your choosing or being forced upon you. They do everything backwards there, it's like the better you are at your job the more you get punished. Bottom line is if you're desperate then go for it but I assure you that you can do way better. – less
Don't work there unless you're desperate
FedEx call agent (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: everything else
The management is HORRIBLE! They are VERY unprofessional. It's a very High School environment. Supervisors don't know anything, you have to rely on your co-workers if you have any questions. Just horrible.
Was OK.
Technical Support /Team Lead (Former Employee), Shawnee KansasSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: was a team lead
Cons: not enough communication from the company
I did not mind working there. I had good supervisors.Not sure what else to say.
hard worker
FedEx Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 20, 2014
It is always a new learning day from difference cases assigned. Co-workers are always there to help unstressed the atmosphere. Time goes by fast. The hardest part is the support to some exceptional customers with bad mood.
Horrible Place to Work
Team Lead (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: everything else
I transferred from Kansas City to Austin Texas after being told there would be room for advancement. Thirteen months later I am left with no job. (The program was shut down) The upper management uis quick to deligate their responsibilities to you with no pay increase. This company has no loyalty to its workers at all. Stay away from this company!!!!!
Also – more... the pay is the lowest of any call center. RUN the other way!!!!!! – less
Productive and fun work environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 19, 2014
The environment working was a good balance between fun and productivity. The managers and staff were very helpful with any inquiries.
Easy going job
Bilingual Licensed Sales Rep. (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXAugust 19, 2014
I have received the experience and training to be able to perform my duties.
Easy going job
Bilingual Licensed Sales Rep. (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXAugust 19, 2014
I have received the experience and training to be able to perform my duties.
Avoid working here
Sales Audit/ Fraud Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 15, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: everything else
Underpaid. Worked here for over a year and still have not received a raise. Very unorganized. The supervisors make a big deal if you are late by a minute but are constantly never here. Good if its your first call center job I suppose.
Better off panhandling
Supervisor (Former Employee), AustinAugust 14, 2014
Pros: i can't think of one
Cons: they are registered with the twc as a hostile work environment
If you have a choice between working here and living under a bridge choose the bridge...
Limited advancement opportunity and below average pay for what we do.
Technical Support (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 13, 2014
Basically the day is spent troubleshooting hardware and software problems for a variety of larger customers in the US and Canada. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help people resolve their issues. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the way in which the account is managed.
Entry level jobs for people with no experience.
Domestic Trace Agent (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXAugust 11, 2014
This workspace provided a great place to begin my career in customer service. A call center environment with several accounts to learn to how to best meet customers' needs and gain experience working with real people.
Stressful Day everyday with little pay.
FedEx Services Customer Support Agent (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXJuly 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks, stressful work, untrained supervisors, etc
The typical day at this job is always stressful. I can say for the most part that I learned alot of different things from this employer as far as computers, but the management was not very professional or helpful. I got along well with all of my co-workers, because basicly they were the only guidance and help I had. The hardest part of the job I would – more... say is trying to maintain a good time management between your lunch and breaks. They would expect you to talk on the phone into your break time or lunch time frame if you had to, but still come back from lunch at the time your supposed to instead of getting your full lunch or break time. The most enjoyable part of this job was all of the different people I was able to talk to from all over the states, and the feeling of successfully helping someone with a problem and then they tell you "Thank you for your help". – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Harte-Hanks

Harte-Hanks, Inc. (Harte-Hanks) is a worldwide direct and targeted marketing company that provides direct marketing services and – Read more