Harte-Hanks

Harte-Hanks Employer Reviews

Great Place
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXDecember 12, 2014
Overall a great place to work. Not a stressful job at all. Would recommend anyone to consider working at Harte Hanks. The job was pretty laid back the main job was answering the phones and satisfying what the customer wanted and apologizing for anything they were not happy with.
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 9, 2014
providing tech support for any device to customers who had the services that this company provide
Great people environment
Data entry (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 27, 2014
Great people to work around, made the job a great environment to work in. At any time I had a question by lead or supervisor was there to help. The work it self was not that difficult if you just stayed in adherence and followed your guidance assistance. Have not experienced any issues with problems with co-workers or management.
Fast paced, growing enviorment.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 25, 2014
Working with Harte Hanks "FedEx" is pretty exciting. You have a chance to grow with the company, meet other CSR's from the other locations, learn new things and really just be a great customer support agent.
A good place to advance.
Agent/Lead (Former Employee), Shawnee, KSNovember 21, 2014
Harte-Hanks allowed you to be able to move up quickly if you put your time in and showed that you wanted to advance. They provided training when working with new systems or jobs and the training was for the most part done well and gave you the tools to not fail. Management was easy to work with and had an open door policy for all employees.
Nice place to work with good hours, benefits
Customer Service (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: good pay/hours and benefits
Cons: dealing with frustrated customers daily
Good job in a comfortable/inviting environment. I really enjoy the overall atmosphere and the job itself even though I'm still in classroom training.
A great place to work if you are a very flexible, highly motivated and self-starting kind of employee.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Gold River, CANovember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule & good compensation
Cons: healthcare benefits are mediocre. very difficult to take vacation.
Print and digital advertising and marketing is a very competitive industry that is unpredictable. Companies in similarity must be very flexible and highly adaptable. When an industry is forever changing, it makes achieving growth and success very difficult.

If there is anything that I have learned working for Harte-Hanks, it's how to adapt, overcome – more... and be successful in an industry/company that keeps changing direction.

You must be independant in this industry. Other than emails, you rarely see other co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the independence. As long as you are a top producing rep that is surpassing your goals, management pretty much leaves you alone.

The hardest part about this industry is that the harder you work, the more clients you acquire. The more clients you manage, the less time you have to go get new clients. There should definitly be more sales support so we could get out and grow our territory. Also, there becomes a point that you aren't able to take vacations, because of the work load it takes to prepare to be off for a week. Vacations are based around having phone reception, internet and a few hours per day working while you are on vacation. – less
Technical Support Call Center for multiple companies
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: hours, on site daycare
Cons: non-competitive pay, advancement
Company provides tools and resources to effectively perform duties.

Pay wasn't very competitive
nice place to work
crewleader/fork lift operator (Former Employee), cincinnatiOctober 22, 2014
harte hanks was a great to work i learned alot and worked with some great people . the hardest part my job was when the work load slowed down.
No Comment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
Harte Hanks is an international direct marketing company providing innovative marketing services to a broad range of businesses and consumers.
great for students
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 16, 2014
great place to work if you need to balance school and kids, very easy to advance and always a friendly staff
It was a temporary position
Temporary Positions (Former Employee), KansasOctober 14, 2014
The hardest part of the job was taking calls while having morning sickness (that lasted all day).
Great Company to work for fast paced environment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Great company to work for they sold our portion to Advo, Inc. which I later returned to Harte-Hanks once Advo, Inc. moved out of state.
A wonderful place to work
FedEx Dot.com/Domestic Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 10, 2014
Being new to Texas and the Austin area, I believe that Harte Hankes is a hidden treasure. Having worked for many Call Centers off and on over the years, there is no culture or environment quite like the FedEx line where I work.

I just started working for Harte Hanks (2) months ago, and I have been extremely impressed with the opportunity for learning, – more... growth, and advancement. During my past experience, Call Centers were considered 'dead-end' and many workers would become burned, out and would eventually leave the organization. What I have discovered with the FedEx line of business at Harte Hanks, along with other departments, is there are many employees who have been with the organization for numerous years; they have advanced; they have grown with the company and started from the Call Center all the way up to Senior Management. Witnessing a tangible example of promotional opportunity through personnel advancement serves as great incentive to all of us.

I have also enjoyed the diverse and energetic culture. Management continues to incorporate a variety of fun-filled days such as Hat Day, Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, Twin Day, and Funny Socks Day; to name a few. These types of activities allow for positivity and amazing interaction between colleagues and staff; which trickles down into an up-beat experience with customers. Harte Hanks is service based - from the inside outward.

It has been a joy to work for Harte Hanks; to learn new functions and to think outside the box; yet receive training in adhering to clear cut policies and procedures. I also like that Harte Hanks' Senior Management lend a listening ear and open-door policy for input and recommendations from ALL employees. Many ideas have been implemented into operational processes throughout the organization.

For the short time frame I have worked at Harte Hanks, I have been blown away at the progressiveness of the organization; the wonderful personalities I have had the pleasure to interact with and learn from; and the vast platform Harte Hanks provides for each and every employee to move forward and upward within the company. I know for a fact I am fortunate to be employed at Harte Hanks, and feel I am part of a team that makes a difference by exhibiting quality service internally, and externally to all customers we assist. – less
productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch and snacks sometimes
Cons: short breaks, headaches
I would come into work, clock in and start taking calls. I would get calls one after the other until the end of my shift. I learned a lot like how to handle upset customers and make the experience better for them in the end. I would always go out of my way to help the customer. My co-workers there were fun to work with even though we didnt get to talk – more... much from being on the phone constantly, the managers and supervisers still tried to make it a fun environment by letting us play games and bringing us food and snacks. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes you are not able to fully help the customer, your customer service connections can only go so far and sometimes that does upset the customer and all you can do is apoligize but that does not happen often. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually being able to fully help the customer and have them completely satisfied when they get off of the phone. – less
Challenging and productive
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: shift days and hours
Cons: sitting and waiting until exactly the time to clock in.
A very challenging job with room for growth. Lots of people to interact with and new task everyday.
Good folks to work for and with. The fed-ex program is great.
Fed Ex Revenue Services Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TxSeptember 13, 2014
Harte-Hanks has a wonderful environment with solid management.
Happy employees are important to them.
Good benefits.
Solid opportunities for people willing to work hard and show up for work.
Terrible company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: terrible management, stressful environment, etc...
Terrible company to work for, very stressful environment to work in. The job itself is not stressful or hard, it's the terrible management that make it so stressful. They have very little to no knowledge of what they're doing or supervising over at all. The only guidance you have is your co-workers. Management does not care about their employees and – more... treat them like dirt while expecting the employee to maintain a positive attitude at all times. Pay is way low for the amount of stress you have to endure on a daily basis. No pay raises or real incentives to complete work but are always expected to do your work and everyone else's whether by your choosing or being forced upon you. They do everything backwards there, it's like the better you are at your job the more you get punished. Bottom line is if you're desperate then go for it but I assure you that you can do way better. – less
Don't work there unless you're desperate
FedEx call agent (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: everything else
The management is HORRIBLE! They are VERY unprofessional. It's a very High School environment. Supervisors don't know anything, you have to rely on your co-workers if you have any questions. Just horrible.
Was OK.
Technical Support /Team Lead (Former Employee), Shawnee KansasSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: was a team lead
Cons: not enough communication from the company
I did not mind working there. I had good supervisors.Not sure what else to say.

1 2 3 4 5

About Harte-Hanks

Harte-Hanks, Inc. (Harte-Hanks) is a worldwide direct and targeted marketing company that provides direct marketing services and – Read more