Harte-Hanks Employee Reviews in United States

Nice workplace, steady work, good benefits and excellent staff
Bindery Helper (Former Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDJanuary 24, 2016
-Clean environment
-learned how to operate cut and fold machines
-learned quality control and spent a little time supervising as well as doing mechanical work.
-Hardest part of the job was fixing a shipping order that was done incorrect. Which sometimes required staying after work.
-Even though employees stood on feet for 10 hours. Keeping busy and being surrounded by great co-workers and management kept everyone with a positive outlook.
Pros
Good benifits, good staff, consistant work
Cons
Not a job where you can expect growth; as far as rasies.
Nonstop Open to Close
Call Center Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with.
My immediate supervisor treated me as a partner in our tasks.
Though we had stats and expectations to meet, I was allowed flexibility in my approach to coaching and recognition.
There were extra layers of management at this job I did not experience at previous jobs, which seemed to create more challenges than it resolved.
The most enjoyable parts of my job was being allowed to be creative in my approach to supervising and mentoring new supervisors and team leads.
Pros
Increase in duties, responsibilities, across multiple accounts.
Cons
Compensation and benefits did not keep pace with duties and resposibilities.
Pot luck lunches, cotton candy and popcorn, movie days
Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2016
First company I have worked for that really care about their employees. When working overtime would offer refreshments to employees
Pros
Supported employees
Cons
No raise in pay but had bonus structure
Technical support for Fedex.com and Fedex Software
Customer Service/Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasDecember 7, 2015
Excellent company in Austin, TX but relocating to Dallas. Would stay if they had raises and extra benefits. Promoted to 3 dept in 9 months. Love the company but would like more benefits for employees.
Pros
Special activities and refreshments for employees
Cons
No raises for employees only bonuses
I liked the work...but they just use you.
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Bridgewater, MANovember 11, 2015
This company is run on temp workers, every day you get new ones that must be trained and watched closely, which prevents you from devoting your complete attention to your tasks. There are no benefits, no holidays, no vacations, no hiring and no raises! Not a place to expect a career or a future!
Pros
Some of the other hard working people were great!
Cons
No benefits, no holiday, no vacations, no hiring, no raises, all temps!
need a full time job?
Agent (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Working at harte hanks has provided me with a full time schedule and a chance to meet some amazing people! Harte-Hanks also has amazing benifits!
Decent enough place if you don't mind customer service
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2015
It's a great place to gain experience in technical support. Reasonably flexible in terms of scheduling. There's usually good opportunities to move around and move up.

The biggest issue would have to be the "call center farm" structure in which they put roughly several hundred people into large rooms, separated by half cubicles and micromanaging your time as if you were a number and not a person.

If you don't mind being treated like a number for a higher than average pay for that type of treatment, then you should definitely check it out.
Pros
Decent pay/benefits, Flexible hours, Ability to move up
Cons
Micromanagement, Employees are just numbers/voices
Great place
FedEx Trace Rep Operations Lead/Assistant Trainer (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 17, 2015
best place i have every worked , they really care for your needs, great company benefits they have paid vacation time , you can also earn that time while in traing have a great rate for promotion
Stepping Stone
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 31, 2016
This is a good company to work for. You have your up's and down's just like any company. The biggest critique I have is that there seems to be more rules than what can be enforced. .

Changes in the job place are based on client's needs, not the wants or desires of Harte Hanks. Promotions to management can leave one feeling used up and unappreciated.
unhealthy environment
Teleservice Rep (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 20, 2015
The only way to get advanced in this company is to have relations with someone, lie about something someone did, or scheme. The pay is horrible. I had one raise in 7 years. They always have some excuse about you not getting a raise. The only thing good is the paid time off. The insurance is good but pricey. The supervisors (most) do not care about their employees. It's all about them. The place is run by a lot of young uneducated people that have lied or schemed their way up. The people that work hard get stuck at the agent position. The place is full of young people that act like kids. If you want a place to advance, this is not the place for you. Besides the pay being bad, you are treated like a kid. You can not have your cell phone out and if you have to go to the bathroom you have to log your phone. Every time you get out of your seat, you have to log your phone. You can't make personal calls unless on break, which is fine, but the supervisors can do whatever they want while you work your butt off for 8.50 and hr. FedEx pays 12 per hr to give the agents and Harte Hanks only pays agents 8.50!! I could keep going. They fire people without notice because you are at will employees. The lie half the time about the reason people get fired. They will not give you any job references and they try to keep you from getting unemployment. They promise you a pizza party if you donate school supplies but you never get one. The place is poorly run and they do not appreciate the agents.
Pros
paid time off 120 hrs a year
Cons
they treat you like you are in jail and you can't have any freedom
Not Bad but Not Good Either
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 18, 2016
Typical Day: Clock in, talk on the phone ALL day. 2 breaks and 1 lunch.
Learned: How to deal with customers angry/screaming and give good customer service in terrible situations.
Management: A few were great...but several showed a lot of favoritism and a few were very arrogant and treated people like children instead of adults.
Co-Workers: Most co-workers were absolutely great to work with...some lived for "office drama".
Hardest Part: Dealing with angry/irate customers and calming them down.
Most Enjoyable Part: Making customers happy and good times with co-workers.

Cons:
All accounts paid the same even though some had 10x more work to do.
Worked there for almost 4 years and only got a total of $.50 raise the entire time.
Pros
Flexible Shifts, good hours
Cons
Unfair pay grades
Productive and interactive work place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 28, 2016
Harte Hanks is a very interesting job. I learned a lot of information and how to use different software's in the job field i worked in. I worked as a vendor for FedEx. My job title as a customer service rep required me to do a detailed amount of work for tracking the customers packages as well to provide them with the correct information concerning their shipments. The management were select staffed for different departments. They were detailed and handled everything that was out of order.. Co- workers were easy to work with and very helpful as well once help was needed. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing i made my customer happy and exceed in the customers expectations.
Great opportunities for growth
Operations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2016
Overall it is a great place to build a career and gives leaders the chance to make decisions and get things done. The challenge is the diversity of the team and difficulty adapting to the changes needed to stay current. Many clients leads to diversity of needs and thus can slow implementation of changes. This of course gives opportunity and makes it the great place it is!
Pros
Ability to make decisions
Cons
Politics
Great Company overall
Fraud analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 15, 2015
Excellent place to work, great benefits and room to grow from the bottom up. I enjoyed coming to work everyday. I would stayed had I not and a better finical opportunity.
Productive fun workplace with advancement opportnities
Revenue Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 20, 2015
HH was a great company with advancement opportunities, wonderful incentives, and had a wonderful floor support staff. My coworkers were super supportive and competitive at the same time. The downfall to the company was the management staff it was hard to find them during the day to speak with them we often had to leave messages on their desks to get in touch with them. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with all of the customers and to know that yo made their day by providing excellent customer service.
Harte hanks
TSR 1 (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2015
On a typical day at harte hanks I answer 12-20 calls a day assisting customers with troubleshooting their devices and accounts streaming the hbo now app.
Pros
PAY, PEOPLE, GREAT HOURS, BENEFITS
Cons
N/A
Fun environment and Great Management
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2016
There was nothing bad about working here. There was a couple of weeks that were mandatory for training. The work environment is very laid back. This was my first call center job and I believe that I learned a lot from this job. You don't have a say about the shift that you get most of the time. Overtime is available and ready dependent on the client.
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
Schedules
No Advancement/Raises
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 16, 2016
My manager is the only redeeming quality about this place. Harte Hanks has lost so many employees since I started, and is now highly in debt. They are cutting costs down to the point that trainees can no longer be offered water and chips in training.

None of the poor call center agents have gotten raises in over 10 years, and they are still paying the same wage that they paid back in 2004.
Cons
Expensive benefits, no advancement, executives don't care about the "little man".
No job Security
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2015
I worked there for about a year and there was not ever compensation,bonuses or anything that would ignite you to work harder. We all really worked hard but by the end of the day it really never felt that we were ever appreciated for all of the hard work and then a month before my wedding they laid us all off so that was very hard cause I did enjoy working there but for the people not the actual job.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No Respect
Very bad place to work
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2016
I worked on several accounts at this place. No one cares for you the turnover rate is very high from employees to managers is always something new and they don't care about you they want you to do everything you need to do for them but when it comes to them doing something for you it won't happen worst place ever to work.
Pros
Cons
Mansgement, Pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harte-Hanks. Our community is ready to answer.