Harte Hanks Employee Reviews

Horrible Environment
Customers Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 15, 2017
This job is not for people who are emotional. The supervisors don't care and they will not budge when it comes to things you have to take care of outside of work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks, lunch
workplace culture
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 15, 2017
Do not give raises always have an excuse for why they can not. Do not look within the company for job advancement and will ignore your application if you apply for another job within the company. You may never even get an interview for the job. Always have computer issues due the the old equipment they use.
benefits
Cons
no raises (10 yrs 2 raises)
Poor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2017
The job was ok but cause be a a lot better starting with the manger than the pay to HR they have work on being better for the company to insure that harke hanks is striving to be great
not the best
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2017
Through the years I have gained a healthy respect for the value of the management review process. However, value can only be gained if the approach is correct and the goal is to improve the organization. It is important to keep in mind that the management review process is not intended to be a time for finger-pointing or show-boating. It should be approached with neutrality, in an un-biased manner.
Great place to learn
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2017
Great place to start a career. Lots of opportunity to learn if you are motivated. Company is going through major restructuring which is painful but necessary, but this too creates new opportunities.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay not as competitive for some roles
Bad
Teleservice representative for Alamo Colleges (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 7, 2017
Harte Hanks is not a supportive working environment. The turnover rate is almost at 80% nor is it a conductive space to get work done. I thoroughly enjoyed my exact position and account with Alamo Colleges however the working space did not contribute to my working life or experience. I unfortunately would not refer this place to anyone it is too toxic of a workzone.
fast paced; fun
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 3, 2017
great place to work; lifelong friends; tools were given to you to do to you job and there was a teamwork environment; expectations were given for deadlines
Keep the trucks rolling.
Cost Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 1, 2017
Our whole purpose is to keep trucks rolling with our entrusted freight on them. You may dispatch hundreds of trucks a week from all parts of America. The work is a little tedious but the pace is not rushed.
Very repetitive..not challenging..
Customer Service/Fedex Freight (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 27, 2017
I had never worked at a call center before....this was the most demeaning job I have ever had. Your time there..seniority doesn't rate...I was told by a supervisor....."All we need is your butt in a chair to take calls, whether you are sick or not."
Pros
paid time off
Cons
robotic
Very laid back job but can get challenging from time to time, wonderful staff
CALL CENTER / SAMSUNG REP (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2017
fast pace job from time to time managers are always there listening in to your own line recorded conversation making sure you are doing your job accurately. Love the environment it was always welcoming when you walk in. Most enjoyable part is when your manager tells you keep up the great work and you have honestly helped all your customers out to their satisfaction.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
coffee machine was always empty
fun
technical support manger (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 24, 2017
Harte-Hanks was a great place to work for people. It has great hours and great benefits. Friendly environment. A place to make life long friends. just overall Fun!!
Stable but underwhelming job
Fedex Tech Support (Web Services/Server/ Software) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2017
The benefits are guaranteed 40 hours a week with overtime available being common. Some of the accounts under Harte Hanks offer very comfortable job security, and an easy going atmosphere. However the Pay and opportunity for advancement is just not there. I would recommend this job to some one who needs a stable job asap but encourage them to move on when an opportunity arises.
Pros
Stable 40 hours, PTO avail
Cons
Low Pay, Very little opportunity for advancement
Typical Day
Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2017
I worked on the USPS account which required me to answer incoming calls about mail problems,issues, standard questions for anyone using US mail. It was pretty cut and dry and did not require me to have to work hard because shipping mail isnt really rocket science. The only thing that may have required me to extend myself was dealing with foreigners and try to explain standard mailing practices to them.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
I was working there when 911 happened so this place will be stuck in my memory
Freight Customer Service
FedEx Freight Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 17, 2017
My department is okay but I am aware all I am is a seat being filled. Pay is ridiculous but the health benefits are pretty great and keep you staying.
Pros
work life balance and health insurance
Cons
pay
Stressful call canter environment
Microsoft Exchange Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2017
Very stressful call center environment. The work day was regimented and structured with little to no room for deviation. You had to learn on the fly while online with Premier customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to resolve the customer's issue without having to escalate to next level support.
Suckie job
Ground Trace Agent (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 9, 2017
Unjustly fired no prior warning. Poor management.. Inconsiderate of employees needs and family life..No real jobs in town only reason ppl work there .
Pros
Cons
No raises ... Bad pto policies... Bad attendance policy
They just chew you up and spit you out
Xbox Live Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 3, 2017
I was lied to that there was a higher paying job after the end of my contract, so management is very dishonest. They don't care about their employees, just saving money.
Fedex
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 30, 2017
You're under paid and over worked. The only time you get a raise is when you get a promotion. Upper management majority of the time passes the work off to the senior leads. They don't tell accurate information for the criteria for bonuses. They give people promotions that aren't qualified enough for the position. The insurance is ok.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Upper management
management review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 23, 2017
Fast paced production environment
General Manager Direct Mail and Fulfillment (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 22, 2017
Production meetings held with all managers and supervisors to verify that all client schedules are on track and that all established production quotas are being met.

In my role I have learned budget analysis and preparation, financial statement analysis, and various measures of financial controls.

Have also worked on team building and mentoring others for their advancement.
Pros
Fast paced, great people
Cons
Job stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harte Hanks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9