HARTFORD HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Easy to work with internal customers and partner with other departments
Sr. Treasury Analyst (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Participate in process improvements, making valuable contributions to the system, Able to actively participate in professional organizations
The relationships and people I work with make it easy to serve in my role. I believe in Hartford HealthCare system and serving our community.
Lead Patient Ambassador (Current Employee), New Britain, CTJune 10, 2015
Limited managerial opportunities for non-clinical personnel. Fellow employees are great, everyone has the same goal of superior care for patients. Management is very patient focused as well.
At times stressful, however co-wprkers are very supportive
WEEKEND ASSISTANT NURSING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Norwich CTJune 2, 2015
Pros: Hours of operation
A typical day at work entails scheduling nurses, triaging patient calls, supervising schedulers, running daily reports, and reporting off to regional director.
Great Place to Work come join us!
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Hartford, ALMarch 26, 2015
Pros: good work environment, small facility, and great co workers
Cons: staffing
I have worked at Hartford Healthcare for 13+ years. This facility is like my family. I enjoy working with all the staff we are a small facility with a big heart and home like environment. Hartford Healthcare is a clean facility. Our mission statement is" Improving every life we touch by providing exceptional health care and exceeding expectation". And we make every effort to achieve those goals.
Productive Corporate Environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great
fast paced
diverse
many learning opportunities
Great job at New Britain General until Hartford Healthcare came in
Medical Transcriptioninst (Former Employee), Medical RecordsAugust 13, 2014
I loved my job, that is until Hartford Healthcare came in about 5 years ago. The morale of the entire department diminished over the course of the next 3 years I was there, until eventually my entire department was let go. I have to say in retrospect, it was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. I am still in touch with employees who work in that area of the hospital and they tell me how horrible their jobs are now. They are treated like robots and many of them are seeing their jobs in danger of being outsourced soon. What used to be a hospital that valued patient care and employee satisfaction, it now has become all about Hartford Healthcare and its ability to generate a profit. I have conversed with many of the physicians who are on staff there are well, and they voice a similar opinion about working there. This hospital is now horribly managed.
Great place to work, very friendly office.
Population Management Intern (Former Employee), Wethersfield, CtJuly 30, 2014
Pros: meeting higher ups (getting connections), no micromanagement, friendly co workers
Cons: older hardware for computers
During my time at Hartford HealthCare, I had the pleasure of meeting quite a bit of the higher ups, which were all very polite and happy to help.

I learned quite a bit about how the health care industry works and how each part fits together and how they affect each other in the short and long run.

Co-workers are great very friendly and happy to talk to you about whatever. The environment in the office was very relaxed and no one was micromanaging your work.

Hardest part of the job was getting some of the doctors to compile with certain methods of documentation.
NO WORK Work/Life Balance
Chef (Current Employee), Newington, CTApril 24, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: no work life balance
Think of this place as just a step to your real job. NO WORK LIFE BALANCE. EVERY YEAR LESS AND LESS BENEFITS.
Expanding operations and creating numerous alliances
Pension Associate (Current Employee), Newington, CTFebruary 5, 2014
Hartford Healthcare is a large healthcare provider that is expanding rapidly within the Connecticut region. There is room for growth in particular fields, and the compensation rates are competitive.
hartford health care
Healthcare Office Support (Former Employee), Farmington, CTOctober 16, 2013
I received all the ops incoming mail , I would sort it out and log all the bills that came in from the different practices. I would run eligibility of insurance to the certain practice bills....
When done with the mail I would work the work fille and correct all the edits
Profound lack of effective management
Analyst (Former Employee), Hartford, CTOctober 11, 2013
Pros: variable hours, good cafe selections
Cons: management is non-existent and/or misguided as to their leadership value
Excellent healthcare; lousy leadership. Promotion is not vested by knowledge just length of stay.
Urgent care office
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTSeptember 18, 2013
While working for Hartford Healthcare I primarily work at the Walk-In center but I have had the opportunity to work with many of their satelite offices such as Primary care, Thorasic, Nuerology and General surgeons offices. This has helped me build up my skills to be able to and have the confidence to work in any office/envirement I'm assigned to. I enjoy working with my co-workers and being able to help and comfort patients as they come into the Walk-In.
A day at Clinical Lab Partners
Microbiology Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Newington, CTJune 17, 2013
Pros: company events
Cons: paid time off/sick days
During a regular day in the lab, my job includes checking temperatures for refrigerators, and incubators to ensure their functionality. Once that is completed my day consist of processing specimens for daily testing which includes plating patient specimens or running the Genexpert for rapid testing. My co-workers are there when I need them and are extremely helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing working with the co-workers that I have as they make the day easier.
Fast paced environment
Benefits Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMay 20, 2013
Hartford HealthCare ("HHC") aspires to be the next generation of integrated health systems, marked by strong patient focus, heightened efficiency, consistent quality performance and open, collaborative sharing of best practices. HHC's partners include a tertiary care teaching hospital, three community hospitals (including Hartford Hospital), two regional behavioral health centers, a statewide clinical laboratory operation, a large primary and specialty care physician practice group, a regional home care system and a physical therapy and rehabilitation network.
Review of Hartford Healthcare
Consultant Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMay 8, 2013
Hartford Healthcare is a large organization with many different areas of focus and several opportunities.
Good place to work when in between jobs
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Hartford, ALApril 15, 2013
Management isn't the best but it's nowhere near the worst. Good people to work under just a little frustrating at times. Hours are unfair at times and take away from personal life. Pay isn't the greatest and little to no chance for advancement.
good place to work, work was pretty routine...
TEAM LEADER - MANAGED CARE ISSUE RESOLUTION (Former Employee), Mansfield Center, CTJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: developed exceptional ability to work under high pressure achieving company goals.
Cons: not enough staff to keep up at times...
Begin by prioritizing my task in 2 files, importance and urgent. I start with those urgent lst.,calling insurance companies,physician offices,etc., answering customer calls, filling out claim forms, following thru.to completion, then taking care of my importance file next, etc.My day usually begin between 7:30-8:00 am thru.5-6 pm.I learned the importance of being proactive and thriving in leadership of team dynamics. The hardest part of the job was probably keeping up with the day to day activities. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a job well done.
Productive outgoing friendly place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford AlabamaSeptember 5, 2012
The hardest part of the job would have to be getting along with co-workers,there are so many different people with different personalities.My typical day at work consisted of showering my patients,getting them up,changing them,feeding them and getting them ready for bed.As well as charting and meeting any other of their needs.My co-workers were very outgoing and amazing to work with.The part I enjoy most about my day would have to be just being at work,I leaned very long ago that I may be the only person that those patients see,so it warms my heart to take care of them.
Great learning experience.
Sr. Compliance/Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2012
I learned a lot about health care in a very short period of time. I grew from internal auditing to having more to do with compliance and privacy.

However, there is very little room for growth and upward mobility.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the extensive interaction I have with all levels of employees - both clinical and non-clinical.