Hartford HealthCare Employee Reviews

Placed via contract as a Credentialed Trainer, but worked as an ID
Principal Trainer - ASAP (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 6, 2017
Did work of credentialed trainer, along with application of ID skills. Taught ASAP classes to various ED roles. Reviewed and edited quick start guides, assessments, training materials.
Great place to work if you enjoy the Medical Field.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 3, 2017
Fast paced environment, multi-tasking a must, must be able to cope with scope creep, and day to day directional change from management, certifications a must.
IT Department
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2017
I had an internship spot here from my highschool. My everyday task was to report to my manager and he would give me individual task to carry out each day. Nothing had a timer on it. I was just supposed to get it done within the day. All of my task were computer related, such as removing viruses, or fixing hardware on the computers.
The grass is not always greener
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 28, 2017
I've read the reviews, and I still felt it was a perfect place to apply. Once in, I realized it has better people, better leadership, and a more promising future than my two other (long term) positions at fortune 50 companies. It's easy to see something wrong and focus on that, but if you want to be happy at a company, step up and be part of the solution.

All the negativity I've read happens in other organizations too, but the difference is, HHC employees chose to see through the challenges and help make it a great place to work. If you're considering a career at HHC, and you like to be part of a growing company with a exciting future, don't let the naysayers decide your destiny. Apply.
Pros
Great people who really care. Leaders that listen and want you to succeed!
Cons
Some current/former employees who fail(ed) to see how good it is here.
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTAugust 30, 2017
Upper management believes in employee development and employees interaction. There vision to help their employee and patient is clear. Friendly atmosphere
Fast paced IT helpdesk
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 29, 2017
Many days you would receive 40-50 calls a day, this fast paced environment is great for those with high knowledge of IT otherwise it is easy to get lost in the chaos.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Stressful
Na
Medical Staff (Former Employee) –  CTAugust 24, 2017
Flexible schedule, employees fun to work with, safe environment, competitive pay, good health benefits, holiday pay, paid time off, sick time, patients were nice
Very good job opportunity for college students
Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 17, 2017
Some days can be much busier than others. There are some interns that work in a specific department of HHC and there are some that work in several department of HHC. I am the latter, so I receive different tasks for the day depending on who needs help for the day. The staff is amazing. They are always open to answering questions if you do not understand something.
Growing too fast
Billing Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 14, 2017
I have learned a lot working for HHC but think they are growing too fast and need to catch up on accounts they have instead of adding more.

Love the work I do as long as I am able to do the job instead of other peoples work.
Great place to work Difficult to advance.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT IV (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTJune 22, 2017
Great place to work and for the most part great people. They offer good benefits. Difficult to advance due to lack of mentoring and internal hr talent process.
Worse place ever
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 19, 2017
Some of your coworkers complain about there job and what's needs to be done..You are always accountable for everyone's action even when your not working..management is one of the worse specially working the AM shift...and they only promote those who are close to upper management so if you like to hangout with your boss you will be promoted in other words you have to be a brown nose to move up
Pros
Nothing Good
Cons
Micro management
Flexible work schedule
Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 18, 2017
Workload fluctuated depending on applications received. There was always room to make up hours even on the weekend if needed. Requesting time off was easy and always approved.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Stressful but rewarding!
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 2, 2017
It was stressful to work at Hartford Healthcare when Environmental Services transitioned to Compass as the managing company. I preferred to work for Hartford Healthcare directly.
excellent place to work
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 27, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at this organization.I had very pleasant interactions with everyone working for the organization and enjoyed teaching classes to the pharmacists there.
Pros
relaxed and stable workplace
Cons
Good place, in constant flux
Internship (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 27, 2017
HHC is a huge, wonderful environment to work. There is a lot of opportunity for personal and professional growth. A typical day as an intern depends on department, but may include IT work, assistantship, or other learning.
Phlebotomy
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 24, 2017
Hartford healthcare is okay to work for. The hardest part of my job is not supervisor not taking what we are saying into consideration.. I love working with my coworkers and love drawing blood. I just feel like it's time to move on.
Pros
Love working with my coworkers and drawing blood
Cons
Supervisor not taking what we say into consideration
Bad Management and Leadership
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 21, 2017
I worked here only for a month and realized how bad the leadership and management of the company is. They have a culture of some strategies and goals but in reality it is all a sham. The leaders are all pomp and show. Many of them are lazy and micro manage their employees to the hilt and end up taking credit for their work. They are not adaptive of the changing environment and not innovative in their thinking or strategies. Their are no standardized structures in place and what is left is a redundant system of processes where every methodology overlaps and approvals have to be taken at every step. There is a lot of repetition of processes and duplication of reports and information. There is no growth for an independent and innovative thinker in the IT hemisphere.
Pros
Company name
Cons
Micro-management, incompetent leadership, redundant culture
good place to work
NURSES AIDE (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTApril 5, 2017
I do like working at Hartford healthcare at home and I am interested in more or better opportunity for a better and longer future within this company.
Internship at Hartford Healthcare
Network Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 25, 2017
Work Environment is good.smart people around you, flexible work shift. Overall nice experience as an Intern.Learnt a-lot
Pros
Free coffee
my review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 8, 2017
This company was productive environment to work within and was filled with a great atmosphere. I enjoyed working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hartford HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9