HARTFORD HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews in United States

New medical information system implementation
Radiology System Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 3, 2016
A large diverse group of analysts building and implementing a new medical information system across five hospitals. Coordinating with the personnel from hospitals and departments to ensure that the build would satisfy all the sites.
Pros
Well compensated. Good benefits.
Cons
High stress.
Hartford HealthCare
Department Coordinator Strategy & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 1, 2016
fast paced
great co-workers
growing company
team environment
many learning opportunities
great culture
competitive compensation/ benefits packages
Great place to work at.
Performance Improvement Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 23, 2016
A great place to work at where you are giving opportunities to growth and developed within the network. Also, where you can feel great as a contributor and support on helping others in need.
Hospital to Homecare Settings
Rehabilitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTMay 14, 2016
Fast paced. Demanding work environment. 7 day a week work expectation for management level. Ample opportunity for advancement or career change.
Pros
Job opportunities
Cons
7 day a week work expectation
Fast paced healthcare organization
EPIC Certified Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 26, 2016
Healthcare organization's goal to be nationally recognized and respected for excellent patient care and safety. A very fast paced organization moving toward implementing newly integrated electronic health record for one patient experience.
wonderful workplace
homecare (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTFebruary 24, 2016
the most enjoyable part of this job is bonding with your clients.
my typical day at work was making meals and enjoying their company
enjoyed staff enviroment,
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 24, 2016
Enjoyed the staff very friendly, everyone worked as a team ,learned the new Epic Software now at Hartford Hospital. The location was nice not to much traffic and just off the highway.
Enjoyed working for HHC
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 1, 2016
I was allowed to do my job freely. My opinion and thoughts were respected. I was allowed to come to work, and do my job. Received great feedback from manager. Met on a weekly basis to go over any projects, concerns, question or anything I needed from him to assist me in doing my job better .
Cons
Vacation and PTO
good place to work
PCA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJanuary 18, 2016
Great place to work as a new CNA/HHA. Working in home care is wonderful. The clientele you serve is amazing. Hours are flexible and you can set your own schedule.
Good Workers/Bad Management
Insurance (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJanuary 5, 2016
A typical work day is busy,stressful. I have learned that management does not appreciate their employees. Management is often rude and condescending towards staff. The staff outside of management are all seasoned healthcare employees who display teamwork at its finest. The hardest part of the job is the disorganization and lack of management support.The staff however make the work days bearable. Management has been known to offer positions with false schedules. Once your in the door they change the schedule that you accepted upon hire. Since I have been employed numbers of people including members of clinical staff, management and administration have left. People who worked there for over 20 years. Employees are expected to work outside of their hours. They have NO trainers to do any type of education or training. People are often written up due to mistakes.
Horrible Company to work for
RN (Former Employee) –  Hartford hospitalOctober 31, 2015
I worked at HHC for 10 years. Over the past few years since HHC TOOK OVER and made our hospital a BUSINESS they destroyed everything I loved about working there. Work culture is volitile. There is NO work/life balance. All they do is put down and write up employees. Completely unsupportive atmosphere. Benifits have been cut and cut and cut. Management is horrible and ONLY speak to lower level employees to write them up. The stress level is through the roof and management doesnt care. Managements attitude is, "if you don't like it leave", so, I left.
Pros
Cons
poor benefits, no work/life balance. Awful management, horrible stress, its just getting worse and worse.
challenging place to work
Business (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutAugust 31, 2015
No respect for longevity at the work place and trying to post to a new position is difficult. Values are not being followed by hiring management for work opportunities, especially women.
great group of professionals
Consultant (Current Employee) –  FarmingtonJuly 17, 2015
Busy and full day with like minded colleagues.

- Very detailed job
- Need for superior organization
- Need for working with Business Analysts for testing
Easy to work with internal customers and partner with other departments
Sr. Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 15, 2015
The relationships and people I work with make it easy to serve in my role. I believe in Hartford HealthCare system and serving our community.
Pros
Participate in process improvements, making valuable contributions to the system, Able to actively participate in professional organizations
Lead Patient Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 10, 2015
Limited managerial opportunities for non-clinical personnel. Fellow employees are great, everyone has the same goal of superior care for patients. Management is very patient focused as well.
At times stressful, however co-wprkers are very supportive
WEEKEND ASSISTANT NURSING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Norwich CTJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work entails scheduling nurses, triaging patient calls, supervising schedulers, running daily reports, and reporting off to regional director.
Pros
Hours of operation
Great Place to Work come join us!
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford, ALMarch 26, 2015
I have worked at Hartford Healthcare for 13+ years. This facility is like my family. I enjoy working with all the staff we are a small facility with a big heart and home like environment. Hartford Healthcare is a clean facility. Our mission statement is" Improving every life we touch by providing exceptional health care and exceeding expectation". And we make every effort to achieve those goals.
Pros
good work environment, small facility, and great co workers
Cons
staffing
Productive Corporate Environment
team environment
beautiful modern office
diverse
many learning opportunities
Pros
great
Great job at New Britain General until Hartford Healthcare came in
Medical Transcriptioninst (Former Employee) –  Medical RecordsAugust 13, 2014
I loved my job, that is until Hartford Healthcare came in about 5 years ago. The morale of the entire department diminished over the course of the next 3 years I was there, until eventually my entire department was let go. I have to say in retrospect, it was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. I am still in touch with employees who work in that area of the hospital and they tell me how horrible their jobs are now. They are treated like robots and many of them are seeing their jobs in danger of being outsourced soon. What used to be a hospital that valued patient care and employee satisfaction, it now has become all about Hartford Healthcare and its ability to generate a profit. I have conversed with many of the physicians who are on staff there are well, and they voice a similar opinion about working there. This hospital is now horribly managed.
Great place to work, very friendly office.
Population Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CtJuly 30, 2014
During my time at Hartford HealthCare, I had the pleasure of meeting quite a bit of the higher ups, which were all very polite and happy to help.

I learned quite a bit about how the health care industry works and how each part fits together and how they affect each other in the short and long run.

Co-workers are great very friendly and happy to talk to you about whatever. The environment in the office was very relaxed and no one was micromanaging your work.

Hardest part of the job was getting some of the doctors to compile with certain methods of documentation.
Pros
meeting higher ups (getting connections), no micromanagement, friendly co workers
Cons
older hardware for computers

2.8