Hartford Hospital

Hartford Hospital Employee Reviews

Lovely place to work , good people
Enviornmental service aide (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJune 30, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: none
Clean all day,learned alot about using chemicals, things i did not know about. Very supportive management and will help anyone excel. I miss that job.
Fun job
Radiologist Dark Room Assitant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJune 23, 2015
Pros: Something in my Field
Cons: Being in a dark room for 12 hours
I was blessed with having a unique experience learning and assisting radiologist in Hartford Hospitals Dark room. I learned many key things about X-rays.
in the end it seemed like they didnt care about their employees. Benefits that i started with were gone when I left
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hartford ctJune 22, 2015
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: short breaks, no breaks
i worked as a floor/stepdown nurse. I would also be charge nurse at times as well as having an assignment. I worked on a cardiothoracic floor taking care of pts who were post open heart surgery. I worked nights and at times pts were very sick. Sometimes pts had to go to the ICU. Its hard to be a nurse but its also very rewarding and that goes for any nursing job.
Front Desk
psr (Former Employee), Meriden, CTJune 14, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Cons: never got to take full lunch
In the am always came in half hr early to do things to get ready for day. First the patients come in we admit them on the computer then call the PTS to let them know they are here. Take phone calls for new patients. We take all info put into computer and set them up with appointment. Call insurance to find out what benefits they have. Greet customers coming in if they need anything before they see their PT. Clean up patient and work area. We had great coworkers always tried to work together to make patients happy. My boss was great with taking care of any issues we had of had and always was there with open ear. The hardest was customers that were uncooperative when they were told about insurance process. I love working with people.
Hartford Hosp.
Unit Aide (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJune 1, 2015
Most of the staff that i worked with were nice and reliable, others however, I felt acted like high schoolers... rude and self centered.
Managers I've had were nice and were open to hear what we had to say. The pay was fair in account of what I had as a position.
Clinical Rotation
Student Nurse Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 13, 2015
Pros: teaching hospital
Cons: BSN degree only
Hartford Hospital is an excellent teaching hospital, with a staff that is willing to show and allow students to try procedures within their scope of practice, always maintaining safety first. I learned a lot at Hartford Hospital under the direction of my clinical instructor, and the helpful staff.
tries to do a lot with a little
Research Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 12, 2015
employees and employers manage to do a great deal with the resources available to them, but opportunities available are dwarfed by those at other healthcare centers in the state.
Great employer to work for.
Patient Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great education, support system for new employees.
Cons: Daily operations could be overwhelming at times due to staffing.- not enough people.
The Cardiac Unit(s) at Hartford Hospital was a high energy area and fast paced. There were many faucets of the job to learn and they had a great support system from Upper Management.
fast paced work environment with extraordinary learning opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Emergency DepartmentFebruary 14, 2015
-management of the care of 5+ ER patients
-providing efficient and quality nursing care
-acting as a pro active member of the trauma team
-utilizing clinical skills in providing care to the critically ill patient
Student nurse experience
Student Nurse, Transplant Unit (Former Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 2, 2015
Everyone was very welcoming and I had a great medical/surgical learning experience. I rotate through several departments and they all were welcoming. I learned new skills every day and the staff were always willing to teach.
Great place that provides execelent care to patients, families and staff
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Staff chaplain for the past 10 years with the Pastoral Care Department.
Multi tasking is a must
Patient Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: meeting new patients and families
Cons: passing of patients
I have learned so much over the years working at Hartford Hospital. A typical day at work for me would have been answering incoming calls, Also answering the patients call bell. We would discharge about 15 to 20 patients a day and also have about the same amount of patients incoming. Best part about the job was meeting new people and making a difference in those in need of time. I would have to say the hardest part about the job was the passing of a patient whom could have been on your unit for 3 to 6 months. The most enjoyable part about the job was waking up every morning and walking into a place you loved also hearing positive feedback. Management was supportive in time of need they would be right besides the nurses or the unit secretary making sure if we needed a helping hand we definitely could of reached out.My Co-workers were the best there was never a time were your job title made anyone better then anyone or senority everyone was respectful we all were there for the same reasons ,Weather your a RN or a PCA or the unit Secretary you wouldn't hear "that's not my job". If there was down time and you could of helped out a co- worker it was not an issue. I learned that nothing is ever promised and always expect the unexpective.
Great place to learn
Medical/Surgical Care - Student Nurse (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Typically I met with staff nurse who prepared me to work with their patients. I learned great communication skills and balancing multiple job requirements with accuracy and attention to detail
Registering patients
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: being with great coworkers and paitents
Cons: in my case because i am per diem is not having insurance available to me
I have learned how to register patients, work insurance, medical data entry and obtaining co-pays. The management at Hartford Hospital are wonderful. They are willing to go the extra mile to help in anyway that they can. They push for you to succeed. I couldn't of learned everything that I did without my coworkers. They where always willing to help in anyway they can. I think the hardest part of the job is just getting the hang of insurance because there is so many different types to know. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with patients and helping make the experience as comfortable as possible.
Fun place to work
Maintenance Worker & Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: you can get a career here within time and experience
Cons: lots of hours
This was my first job and I did learn all my work ethics here. Managers were very helpful.
This helped me to learn how to be a manager.
Assistant Food-Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Manchester, CTDecember 29, 2014
I assisted in operating the food service department. This has been a valuable part of my career as an upcoming food service consultant.
tremendous hospital for experienced care
CT Technologist (Former Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 8, 2014
Was a long time ago that I worked there but at the time is was afast paced environment
work is good
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 5, 2014
In my first week working for the hospital, I felt completely comfortable in the office because everyone is so friendly! The first week here is training, and they throw so much information at you so fast that you learn a lot very quickly and by the end you are extremely well prepared to start your job!
Volunteer at Hartford Hospital
Volunteer Gift Shop Sales, Office Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 13, 2014
I had two jobs at the hospital at that time. There was not a hard or enjoyable part of either job. The typical day of being an office assistant is mostly alphabetizing and sorting files of patients. The typical day of being a gift shop cashier is ringing up customers, blowing up balloons, and stacking shelves in the gift shop. Again, my co-workers were the people that I am in the 5th year program with.
Educational and interesting place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 4, 2014
Pros: joyful faces
Cons: non cohesive team work
Continuous learning opportunity. Different procedure for different situations. Need a management with OR knowledge. Co-workers is a work in process. Dealing with non-knowledgeable co-workers that continuously question your knowledge of aseptic techniques. Seeing the faces of first time mothers and fathers.

1 2 3 4 5