Hartford Hospital Employee Reviews

Large, level 1 hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 14, 2016
Large hospital, room for advancement and movement if wanted, possibilites for education, supportive staff and excellent nursing educators. Very small yearly raises.
Enjoy the diversity
Clinical Consulting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoy being an employee of this facility. I have learned a lot working here throughout the years. I have grown professionally in my experience here as an employee.
Nutrition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 5, 2016
Work load is incredibly heavy at an average day. Good place to obtain managerial skills. Co workers are nice and helpful. Most enjoyable part of work is patient menu selection.
Work in a very fast pace environment. Continuous phone calls and provide customer service.
Medical Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 9, 2015
It's rewarding to be part of a team that provides mental health assistance to children between the ages of 3-18 years of age.
Work is what you make it.
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 7, 2015
There is not much job security. It would be much better if there were UNIONS for the employees and more benefits. Company needs a huge boost in morale for employees.
Productive and Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 3, 2015
I love my workplace, hate that I have to relocate if I ever return to CT I would definitely apply again :)

Working for the UROGYN department is like working with family, everyone cares and respects you. Great teamwork. Holidays with pay, Manager tries her best to accommodate everyone!!!
Pros
Staff is like Family
Cons
n/a
Hartford Hospital
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 29, 2015
Management sucks!
If you have a great work ethic, they will work you to death.
They have employees who literally do nothing and will have another employee work three times as hard. A lot of favoritism goes on in that place.
Friendly, dedicated and efficient staff
Worked with Patient Care Technician (EMT training) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 28, 2015
Great place to work with friendly, dedicated and efficient staff. Staff are always willing to help and truly care for patients.
Productive day any day
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 15, 2015
Starting at 6 am. Getting set up for the day to see patients. Setting up area for blood draws and urine samples. Next step is getting ready paperwork. Waiting for patients to come in every hour. The day goes by fast seeing at least six patients per day.
a very oppressive enviroment
Registered Nurse,Resource Nurse, Mentor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 1, 2015
This large scale health care institution has lost sight of the real importance which is the patient first. Their primary goal is to ensure their profit margin despite overworked employees and understaffed units. Safety is no longer a priority, and neither is the patient or their staff!!!
Great work place environment and friendly managment, but no job security
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 26, 2015
Great place to work and I'd love to go back, problem is there a lot of layoff at Hartford Hospital. They brought me on board and promised me a year or longer contract with the possibility to go permanent. I performed very well and most of my fellow employees wanted me to stay but I was laid off after working only 2 months.
Pros
Great Workplace environment and friendly management.
Cons
Frequent layoff, no job security.
Great place to work. Great fun people
Food and Nutritionist Coordinator - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 25, 2015
Provides routine support services such as preparing patient trays, assisting with food preparation. Also discussed diet plans with patients .
management
Patient Support Aide (Current Employee) –  Hartford CTOctober 19, 2015
I love working at Hartford Hospital but its hard for you to move up and grow with in the hospital because you have management who will try and stop you from moving up and trying to better yourself as a employee.
Excellent place work
PCA Personal Care Assistant/CNA (Former Employee) –  CTOctober 19, 2015
i have work for Hartford Hospital for 14 years and my experience is one that i will cherished,Very caring,kind,compassionate,and Team Player.
Pros
Caring, Compassionate.
Cons
Excellent care.
Corporate and vs happy employees
Financial Counselor/PAA (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 17, 2015
Hartford Hospital can be GREAT!
Why? Because of the staff! It has amazing devoted Physicians, Nurses, Nursing care and all the other staff that interacts with patient's care... day in and day out.
HHC is a fantastic teaching Hospital!
Yes, I worked at Hartford Hospital for over 20 years! That is a very long time! Some may say it couldn't have been that bad if you stayed there that long. Good point! But remember, I saw first hand tremendous changes in the way this company has been run. Truthfully some good but also a lot bad choices toward employees! Bad in what sense?
Well, Back in the day it was a family oriented place to work and the respect and treatment the employees received was exceptional and greatly appreciated by HH. What about now?
The benefits and incentives have been stripped from HHC employees. Truthfully, the fear employees have is what else will be the next thing they will CUT OUT?
Please consistently REWARD your staff for doing a very difficult, stressful job! Please bring back that family oriented feeling back and treat the employees with what's due to them such as: (call-in pay, pay differentials like it used to be, and not expect such a high demand from overworked, short staffed, stressed out employees without compensation and provide better benefits... etc.)
You will have happier employees if that is accomplished!

If you want to work at Hartford Hospital to learn and grow in your profession then by all means I encourage you to apply.

But, like I found out years later there are other companies other than HHC that offer bigger and better
  more... benefits!

I hope this helps in your decision process!
Pros
Teamwork, Staff working great together under stress!
Cons
Corporate, stripped of benefits, removal of call in pay
Supportive Work place
Hemodialysis Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  HartfordSeptember 29, 2015
Hartford Hospital is a supportive work place with excellent collaboration between departments. Excellent educational opportunities. Poor health insurance and other benefits.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
poor benefits
really sad experience
Patient Administrative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 28, 2015
After waiting for months to be hire and give my two weeks notice to a new job, to have the opportunity to work for Hartford Hospital they released me because I didn't pass an exam that wasn't part of the job offer and scored 76% out of 80. However, other people that was attending the training and failed the test as well had the chance to retake the test, which make me feel discriminated and treated differently. also the staff doesn't get a fifteen minute break, which I cared less about but other employees where definitely treated differently
Friendly and supportive atmosphere
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 26, 2015
Management was great, supportive and understanding.
Encouraged experimentation w procedures
Caring and supportive staff
the job
Interventional Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hartford HospitalSeptember 25, 2015
Very busy place. we work like we are a family. The staff sticks together. Management not on same page. The "old people" stay and the newer people have a different work ethic. New in and old out.
Cons
pension cuts
Enjoyable place to work. Very fulfilling but challenging at time. Fast paced encouraging time management, proficiency, personal growth people
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2015
Working at Hartford Hospital and seeing its metamorphosis over the past decades, help me to appreciate more the importance of the personal human element in the healthcare field. Only through our caring smiles, giving of an attentive ear, a comforting touch, a reassuring word, can the Whole Person- the complete patient be treated. I feel this will promote both healing and overall wellness. The patient figurative heart- their inner person must also receive treatment and care to promote healing and ultimately their recovery. To play a role in this and see the results is both enjoyable and fulfilling.
Pros
Great training, great workmates
Cons
Hectic pace, under staffed