Hartford Hospital Employee Reviews

Good work environment
Data Collector/Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 15, 2017
Excellent staff and good educational experience. Was sad when I felt the need to leave for a btter work schedule to attend school.
I enjoyed the staff and my position.
Unit Secretary/Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 30, 2016
I worked on a cardiac unit. I enjoyed the doctors and nursing staff. They were very supportive as a team. They had time to joke about life around us even during tough days.
Pros
The team support
Cons
The major lay-offs.
Extremely fast paced and challenging
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 30, 2016
Great place to learn- nothing like a teaching hospital. Ability to advance and move between the various floors. Management ok. Sometimes not so patient oriented
Strong market leader
Director, Cardiovascular Perfusion (Former Employee) –  Operating roomDecember 27, 2016
A longstanding leader in medicine and surgery for Connecticut. Growing regionally as a robust well respected center for cardiovascular procedures including open heart.
good work environment. decent benefits
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 27, 2016
co-workers are team oriented. Ready to help patients. Working with patients and in a team is the best part about the job.
Great environment to work in.
Physician Billing Rep (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 27, 2016
Working at Hartford Hospital taught me alot. The level of care that taken for each individual patient as well employee is phenomenal. The best part of being an employee was that I was able to continue learning new things. Which in turn made a better asset toward to the company overall.
Pleasent eniviroment to work.
Patient Care Associate (PCA) Star Team (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 13, 2016
The nurses are helpful, its a diverse place to work multicultural staff as well as in leadership roles. excellent patient care and educational
meetings.
Pros
Over time is readily available.
Cons
Long work days.
Hh
Serving as an RN (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 30, 2016
I have learned so much from this hospital but they do not have incentives to stay for registered nurses. The job is difficult but the experience is exceptional. Both the transplant and the surgical trauma ICU are wonderful learning enviroments.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 23, 2016
Co worker are fun make the day go by quickly. management is quick and helpful about resolving a problem. One thing that i have learned is that you cant please everyone.
good place to work
Nutrition food service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 24, 2016
Co worker are fun ans make the day go by quickly. management is quick and helpful about resolving a problem. One thing that i have learned is that you cant please everyone
productive
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 22, 2016
It is a very challenging and interesting place to work. great people and environment. there are opportunities for advancement and very encouraging for educating its employees.
hartford hospital
PACU RN (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 12, 2016
Big facility with many opportunities for all types of nursing, advancement, new grad orientation, appropriate departmental training. great support from co workers
Pros
opportunities
Cons
management communication poor
A learning experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 4, 2016
Rapidly moving work environment, flexible hours, challenging patients and always room for growth within the company.
National recognition
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 24, 2016
My work day is challenging and exciting since everyday is different due to various expectations and requests. Hartford Hospital has taught me that teamwork and communication are vital in the workplace. Management is transparent and open to ideas in order to make the patient experience seamless. The work I do at Hartford Hospital is variable depending on the daily expectations from the customers which are both patients, employees and vendors.
Benefits
Cons
Layoffs
Hosptial
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 31, 2016
Good job to have. They have great benefits and the people are great. everything is easy to learn with people eager to teach you how to get the job done.
much autonomy
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 26, 2016
I worked for Hartford Hospital for over 16 years and learned so much. I felt respected and that i was making a difference.
You could not find better co-workers.
if you looking for experiences to learn from , this is the place to work.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
benifits
Healthcare working through its issues
Business Systems Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 18, 2016
OK place to work. On a scale of 1-10 it rates a 5.

8 hour day trying to accomplish the work of three people.

The hardest part of the job was being responsible for other staff members job responsibilities. Dealing with interdepartmental drama.

Most enjoyable part of the job...the patients.
Pros
Patients
Cons
No work life balance
Enjoyed faced paced environment with critically ill patients
Neuro/Trauma Team Leader for Rehab (Former Employee) –  Hartford CTJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working from 730-4pm and was given the opportunity to become a team leader which challenged my management and leadership skills in a positive way. I enjoyed working with my coworkers, especially the newer graduates who really valued research and professional development. The hardest part of the job was having patients who were going to die and continuing to work with them and their families however this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Good Place To Work
Clinical Research Assistant (Quality) (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 1, 2016
I've worked with various companies and this one is very good. Generous PTO and work/life balance. I've been exposed to a lot of information and learned a great deal. I would recommend this company to family/friends.
A good place to work
Control Drug Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 8, 2016
I worked and was trained in multiple areas with the first 6 months. I enjoyed only left because there was no pay increase for all the training I received and was getting paid the same as come one I was hired with that wasn't trained like I was.
Fast pace but fun co-workers
Pros
enviroment, benefits, training
Cons
no different pay scale on training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hartford Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.