Hartford Hospital

Hartford Hospital Employer Reviews

Hartford Hospital is a institution that serves the greater Hartford Community.
Patient Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 3, 2014
My shift starts at 11pm and we go right into production. Monitoring cardiac and medical patients. Interpreting Arrhythmia strips to ensure proper patient care. I work with 10 other people per night and we manage to keep a safe and professional environment while ensuring patient safety and care.
Had no issues.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJune 10, 2014
Pros: there's nothing free at my job.
Cons: short breaks for the amount of hours i do at work and under paid for the amount work i do.
My typical day at work is really a fast pace environment. I work very long hours doing the week.
A fast paced environment
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJune 9, 2014
A fast paced environment that is busy all day. Learn a lot- work both independently and with others
quiet enviorment to wrok in
patien support (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJune 3, 2014
Pros: excellent people
Cons: working alone
good and quiet enviorment to wor in since you are in corparate facillites
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee), Newington, CT 06111May 7, 2014
Started part time in the Film Library, to MRI scheduling, to Central Scheduling. Learned many systems and loved the people I worked with.
intern
intern (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 9, 2014
Pros: evening schedule
Cons: can be loud
i worked as an intern.The kids were fun to hang around with. I had a great supervisor who was helpful with my internship. The staff was friendly and helpful.
I love the job but our department did not have enough advocates, went from five people to two.
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Hartford, Ct.March 31, 2014
Pros: great nursing staff and physicians, great patients
Cons: we did not have enough advocates for such a large hospital.
I really enjoyed my job with patients and working with the medical staff. I started with the department and we had enough employees to cover a hospital that also covered the Institute of Living, our Psychiatric hospital. I covered every floor, including the ED, ICU, and The Institute of Living. The job became very difficult when the staff dwindled to – more... two advocates. I wanted to keep the excellence in my work but was very difficult. At one point I was the only advocate and training a new hire.
When I resigned, I wrote several patients and their families to tell them I was leaving and who they could call when they come back to the hospital because they always asked for me when they were hospitalized. I really cared for them and all of the patients I had the privilege of working with. – less
GREAT
Accounting Assitant & Payment Analysts (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 30, 2014
Pros: secure and natural enviromemt for safety and healthy performances.
Cons: lack of hot meal cafeteria.
Good site for work and grow, friendly area. A daily challenge area for new learning plus sharpening skills.
It's all about who you know
Administrative Asst (Current Employee), Hartford CTMarch 24, 2014
Pros: like an family
Cons: favoritism
It's all about who you know, great atmosphere at work, however advancing can be an task if you don't know many people. oppurtunities are often pre-filled before even posted by relatives of managers. Managers will keep you in their departments and prevent you from transferring. The overall Hospital is an OK place to work and everyday there is something – more... new to learn which is nice. – less
Productive environment with great learning opportunities
Staff RN (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 1, 2014
Pros: great learning opportunities
Cons: short, unpaid meal breaks
Get report, collaborate with team, meet and assess clients. Learned the workings of the hospital system
Coworkers provided support as needed
Hardest part of the job was losing a client
Most enjoyable helping someone to feel better
Excellent societal, budgetary, charting, excel, presentations.
Administrative Associate IV (Former Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: excellent software.
Cons: new software to keep apace with competition (other healthcare facilities, i.e. st francis medical center).
A most compelling and exacting work place. A typical day at work started early and learning was incorporated into the daily routine. Management affected changes rapidly, co workers were genial and skilled. Hardest part of the job was the layoff due to financial problems at the time. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the skilled persons – more... there. – less
Medical Assistant
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 5, 2014
◾Take patient history and measure vital signs
◾Help the physician with patient examinations
◾Give patient injections as directed by the physician
◾Schedule patient appointments
◾Prepare blood for laboratory tests
productive
Food and Nutrition Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 18, 2014
punch in
go to floors and see my paitents before break is served
take their menus for the next day
Fun Place to work Great STAFF
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: great staff and learning ability
Gained a lot of experience in the er setting. Gained new friends and professional references
Great place!
RN/PCA (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 13, 2014
I enjoyed the atmosphere. There was alot to learn which I welcomed it made me a stronger person and smarter person. Wonderful staff and clients.
Enjoyable place to work
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 18, 2013
Had the opportunity to work with several people from all different backgrounds, educations and cultures. I have learned a great deal from so many people and would strongly recommend Hartford Hospital as a place of employement.
Very profesional
FACILITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Newington, CTDecember 15, 2013
25 yrs of employment there it was all nice and educational and great co workers.I strted there at a young age and moved up with education...
do not support or treat staff well
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 15, 2013
Very stress full environment and managers do not support staff. Very high turn over rate. Not enough equipment to do job. Patient ratios very high and unsafe.
Productive place to work
PAA (Former Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 11, 2013
Pros: they help with education
Cons: working every other weekend
I enjoyed working at Hartford Hospital. It provides many opportunities to higher yourself in both education and work field. What I can say is that I sure do not miss working every other weekend.
Daily Records Request
Health Information Analyst (Current Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 18, 2013
Process medical records on a daily basis for short term/long term disabilty life insurance and legal claims

1 2 3 4 5