Hartford Hospital Employer Reviews

Student nurse experience
Student Nurse, Transplant Unit (Former Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 2, 2015
Everyone was very welcoming and I had a great medical/surgical learning experience. I rotate through several departments and they all were welcoming. I learned new skills every day and the staff were always willing to teach.
Great place that provides execelent care to patients, families and staff
Staff Chaplain (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Staff chaplain for the past 10 years with the Pastoral Care Department.
Multi tasking is a must
Patient Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: meeting new patients and families
Cons: passing of patients
I have learned so much over the years working at Hartford Hospital. A typical day at work for me would have been answering incoming calls, Also answering the patients call bell. We would discharge about 15 to 20 patients a day and also have about the same amount of patients incoming. Best part about the job was meeting new people and making a difference in those in need of time. I would have to say the hardest part about the job was the passing of a patient whom could have been on your unit for 3 to 6 months. The most enjoyable part about the job was waking up every morning and walking into a place you loved also hearing positive feedback. Management was supportive in time of need they would be right besides the nurses or the unit secretary making sure if we needed a helping hand we definitely could of reached out.My Co-workers were the best there was never a time were your job title made anyone better then anyone or senority everyone was respectful we all were there for the same reasons ,Weather your a RN or a PCA or the unit Secretary you wouldn't hear "that's not my job". If there was down time and you could of helped out a co- worker it was not an issue. I learned that nothing is ever promised and always expect the unexpective.
Great place to learn
Medical/Surgical Care - Student Nurse (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Typically I met with staff nurse who prepared me to work with their patients. I learned great communication skills and balancing multiple job requirements with accuracy and attention to detail
Registering patients
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: being with great coworkers and paitents
Cons: in my case because i am per diem is not having insurance available to me
I have learned how to register patients, work insurance, medical data entry and obtaining co-pays. The management at Hartford Hospital are wonderful. They are willing to go the extra mile to help in anyway that they can. They push for you to succeed. I couldn't of learned everything that I did without my coworkers. They where always willing to help in anyway they can. I think the hardest part of the job is just getting the hang of insurance because there is so many different types to know. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with patients and helping make the experience as comfortable as possible.
Fun place to work
Maintenance Worker & Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: you can get a career here within time and experience
Cons: lots of hours
This was my first job and I did learn all my work ethics here. Managers were very helpful.
This helped me to learn how to be a manager.
Assistant Food-Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Manchester, CTDecember 29, 2014
I assisted in operating the food service department. This has been a valuable part of my career as an upcoming food service consultant.
tremendous hospital for experienced care
CT Technologist (Former Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 8, 2014
Was a long time ago that I worked there but at the time is was afast paced environment
work is good
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 5, 2014
In my first week working for the hospital, I felt completely comfortable in the office because everyone is so friendly! The first week here is training, and they throw so much information at you so fast that you learn a lot very quickly and by the end you are extremely well prepared to start your job!
Volunteer at Hartford Hospital
Volunteer Gift Shop Sales, Office Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 13, 2014
I had two jobs at the hospital at that time. There was not a hard or enjoyable part of either job. The typical day of being an office assistant is mostly alphabetizing and sorting files of patients. The typical day of being a gift shop cashier is ringing up customers, blowing up balloons, and stacking shelves in the gift shop. Again, my co-workers were the people that I am in the 5th year program with.
Educational and interesting place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 4, 2014
Pros: joyful faces
Cons: non cohesive team work
Continuous learning opportunity. Different procedure for different situations. Need a management with OR knowledge. Co-workers is a work in process. Dealing with non-knowledgeable co-workers that continuously question your knowledge of aseptic techniques. Seeing the faces of first time mothers and fathers.
Busy place
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Hartford, CTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: short lunch-30 minutes
My job would begin at 7am with calls for STAT codes to CT.
I learned to multitask even better. I honed my skills on how to work with all kinds of personalities.
management was well organized till 6 months before downsizing.
My co-workers were always there for me on the job, willing to pitch in.
The hardest part of the job was seeing the patients coming down for a STAT. Actually seeing how bad they were always made me want to do well in my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job were all the employees, joking, working together, and communicating well.
Job satisfaction and new learning experiences
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits worked with great staff
Cons: worked a rotating shift
Med-surg unit. As a new nurse I learned many new skills. It helped me to develop my assessment skills.
Business Systems Associate (Current Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 13, 2014
No room for advancement, and no support from management. But a good place to work.
Great place to work!
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 7, 2014
Fast paced environment with multiple resources available.
Productive and friendly family oriented workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 30, 2014
Pros: always providing education for their employees
Cons: cold weather (nothing to do with hh)
Hartford Hospital is a teaching hospital and they taught there employees well. I enjoyed working there, the only reason I am not employed at Hartford Hospital is because I relocated. If I was ever to return to CT I would certainly seek employment at Hartford Hospital.
wonderful enviornment
Admin Associate II (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2014
I have come across of a lot of wonder people in Hartford Hosptial to work for and with.
The hardest part of the job
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about cardiac care
Cons: losing a patient
Having a patient die before a procedure or during one. I've never handled death well and it's hard when you speak to a patient everyday for several weeks preparing things for a procedure that is supposed to help them live a little longer.
PCA (Current Employee), Star Team, Float PoolAugust 12, 2014
Full Holistic care for patients. A typical night at work depended on which unit I was sent to as far as which patient population I was caring for, cardiac, neuro, emergency, med-surg.
Wonderful nurses and support staff.
For the Star Team, nursing management has open door policy and is willing to listen. They are there for us.
The hardest part of the job is when we are understaffed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for the patients.

Team work!
As a student nurse the experience has been very positive with each encounter proving to be a teaching moment.
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 14, 2014
Experience as a student nurse has been very positive. The staff has been very supportive and eager to teach.

1 2 3 4 5