Hartford Hospital Employee Reviews

Helping patients
Patient Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 11, 2017
Admitting patient / discharging patients , blood pressure and watching the heart rhythm's. Making all patients needs where met and satisfied at all times .
Pros
helping patients
Cons
pay
Excellent Healthcare facility to work in
Department of Medicine, AAIII (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 9, 2017
For me, a typical day at work would include scheduling meetings with higher level executives and the Chief of Medicine, managing the expenses and budget, preparing reports, inputting resident and attending schedules into our on-call directory, requisitioning/ordering supplies through PeopleSoft, approving time cards, physician verification letters and academic promotion paperwork for UConn Health Center.
I have learned a great deal about the healthcare system and it's ins and outs; how to work together as a team for the benefit of the patient and their family members. I have also learned a great deal about myself and what I can handle and have improved my abilities to interact with people from all walks of life.
The Corporation tends to be a bit top-heavy; however, I believe they have the best interests of their patients and employees at heart. They provide excellent and competitive salaries and benefits. They recognize that it takes all employees to run the facility and rely on us to do our best every day.
It's such a diverse culture with employees and patients from all backgrounds. The employees and contractors are friendly and will to lend a hand. It is the most diverse employer I have worked for.
The hardest part of the job is knowing information that is privy to the executives but not to the rest of the staff. Knowing that there might be lay-offs or someone might be terminated. Seeing anyone let go from a company is always hard.
I most enjoy the people I work with...from the physicians right down to the environmental services staff. They all make coming to
  more... work worth it and enjoyable!  less
Pros
benefits, staff members, salary, Pto
Cons
cost of benefits
Good people and culture
Administrative Assistant Bone & Joint Institute (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 8, 2017
The culture at hartford hospital is people first oriented and being a Hospital they do all they can to provide a great patient experience. Multiple jobs at the hospital very fast paced environment with changing priorities all the time.
Great teamwork
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE/CNA (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 5, 2017
Nice working environment. Nice managers. Advanced learning through healthstream. Great teamwork from unit aides to patient administrative assistant to nurses and patient care associate.
A pleasure working at the Brownstone Building of Hartford Hospital.
Medical Assistant Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 2, 2017
Fast exciting place to work in, never a dull day. Multiple ethnicity groups and different cultural range. I have learned to be compassionate, demonstrate empathy and consideration towards co-workers and clients/patients.
The hardest part of the job is not being able to provide more services to help the community in their needs specially the minorities. Healthcare is very important for the growth and the development of the families within our communities specially in this part of town.
Coming to work every day; enjoying my co-workers, these ladies have made me feel so loved and comfortable that I see them as home/family. Plus, the clients/patients need all the support that we can give them. I enjoy the patients and their kindness. Yet, not all are kind but they all have a sorry to tell.
Hartford Hospital/the Specialty Clinic is a great place to work in, is going through some changes with new management but it is going to be for the better. Buy educating myself I am looking for a better future in which I can continue to grow, have a voice for the less unfortunate and make my family family proud. That is why I am graduating in may with my Bachelor's Degree in Social Work. Moving forwards for my Master's Degree.
Pros
I have always had an unconditional understanding of my co-workers and administrative staff.
Cons
People need to be more possitive in the way they see and resolve problems.
Great Place to work
Emergency Admin. Assist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 1, 2017
Requires the ability to exercise discretion and use good judgment to perform duties promptly and consistently with little direction. Work is subject to general review only and requires considerable accuracy and responsibility. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. Requires the ability to recognize problem situations and refer them to the appropriate staff member.
It was a great experience.
Patient Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 27, 2017
Challenging at times but a great place to work. I learned that helping others is the more rewarding experience in life, made me grow as a person and to obtain a great work experience.
Busy but a enjoyable place to work
Float Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 26, 2017
The hours are great. I never had a problem with management. Management always noticed when you went beyond your job to help. They offer a in house ‘facebook’ to recognize employees.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2017
Even though the pace can be stressful I enjoy working with my coworkers and patients. If I can make one of my patients smile or laugh then my day is complete.
very gratifieng work
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 16, 2017
I got to work with a great bunch of women. The patients were not as acute at the time I worked there. But it was a great place to work and I would defiantly go back

Want to know more about Hartford Hospital?

Ask a question
fast paced but very much fun
Personal Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 15, 2017
Excellent in providing with knowledge and opportunity for growth in the company. I would highly recommend working here for people with potential to rise up.
Steady employment, great educational support.
Patient Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 30, 2017
Support of Managers getting employees trained to assistant in performing jobs, advancing to different levels, and areas. within the hospital. There is a great network system of upper management to help each area / unit. Very similar to community. very supportive.
Pros
Good, positive.
Cons
Short staff
foundation in nursings start here
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 24, 2017
Great teaching hospital with excellent teachers. I learned my ER nursing through 3 physician assistants. although I had a nurse teaching me what I needed to do working in the ER. The PA showed me how and why patients required the care needed. I was most grateful for their tutelage.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
you can burn out fast
good place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Had no problem waking up early to go to work mainly because the friendly environment coworkers treat you like family here. You get the opportunity to help people no matter what role you play which is another great aspect working for this hospital.
Hartford Hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 19, 2017
I was a Hartford Hospital volunteer from my sophomore through senior year in high school. I found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this position.
The best place I ever worked!
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 12, 2017
Great place to work, great staff, great management, I loved this job! I made slot of great friends! No micro managers! Team work from top to bottom! Nothing negative to say! I really enjoyed working there and with working with all the staff!!
good place to work
Patient Care Associate PCA (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 6, 2017
Hartford Hospital is a good place to work. Many times short stuffed but they have great nurses and nurses aides.
The hardest part of the job is seeing very sick people every day and sometimes there is nothing you can do for them except to keep them comfortable.
Busy lab. Great place to learn
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 30, 2017
Fast paced. Great place to learn and get familiar with every aspect of the lab. Even the "slow" days have something to offer learning-wise. Great people to work with and always willing to help teach.
productive and learning environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 26, 2017
Hartford Hospital is a great place for students to learn and see what an everyday life is at a hospital. Fast paced. You learn a lot, most of the staff are all open to helping and teaching.
flexible hours for school
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 25, 2017
Hartford Hospital is a very fast paced environment. You learn so much that will become beneficial if you are interested in a Healthcare career. Working in a hospital has taught me how to appropriately approach and communicate with people of all ages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hartford Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.