Hartford Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Healthcare working through its issues
Business Systems Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 18, 2016
OK place to work. On a scale of 1-10 it rates a 5.

8 hour day trying to accomplish the work of three people.

The hardest part of the job was being responsible for other staff members job responsibilities. Dealing with interdepartmental drama.

Most enjoyable part of the job...the patients.
Pros
Patients
Cons
No work life balance
Good Place To Work
Clinical Research Assistant (Quality) (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 1, 2016
I've worked with various companies and this one is very good. Generous PTO and work/life balance. I've been exposed to a lot of information and learned a great deal. I would recommend this company to family/friends.
A good place to work
Control Drug Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 8, 2016
I worked and was trained in multiple areas with the first 6 months. I enjoyed only left because there was no pay increase for all the training I received and was getting paid the same as come one I was hired with that wasn't trained like I was.
Fast pace but fun co-workers
Pros
enviroment, benefits, training
Cons
no different pay scale on training
Nice place if you can get in
Food and Nutrition Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 1, 2016
Very busy day starts early in the morning and finish mid day that's always good just have to make sure your stuff be ready on time
Good
Assistant nurse, Account analyst (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 26, 2016
Working here for a long time i was able to find opportunities quickly and things have been good up until now. I don't know what else to say working as a cna could be very difficult but there is room for advancement
Pros
good location
Cons
hours
Staff Nurse Life
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 25, 2016
Worked as a staff nurse for almost 5 years now. Improving my skills everyday working in the medical ICU. Charge nurse frequently, responding to emergency calls on other hospital units, running patients as 1:1 with high acuity
Work place enviornment was adequate
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 31, 2016
This organization has been reorganizing for several years. Hopefully, they have made the appropriate changes and will again be productive and create a team atmosphere.
small department who well together
OFFICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 26, 2016
Oversaw two other employees and we worked well as a team. Tight quarters could sometimes be inefficient, but we all did our best to get the job done.
A good place to work
User Service Mgr / Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Main CampusMarch 14, 2016
- Excellent work life balance

- Exciting and challenging culture

- Professionalism is expected

- Hardest part of the job - tight project deadlines

- Coworkers were generally quite good

- Management was fair

- Enjoyable part of the job - Contributing to advancing Healthcare
Pros
interesting and challenging work - My favorite job in my career
Cons
somewhat below avrage compensation
Great work place learn something new everyday.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 2, 2016
My day at work would consume of coming in early setting up the kitchen with the stock as needed, turning on all steam tables so that when employees come in they can get right to work work. Next i would check all patient diet orders to find out of any allergies.Then i would help unload the truck of its shipment and any hot food it may contain.Serve patient food, deliver it and wait for any call backs( patient may have changed their order) pick up left overs then clean up sweep & mop etc. Restock the kitchen and then take care of any side assignments my supervisor may have given me. What i learn from this job is that a well balanced diet can get you a long way and the appreciation for patient care. My co-workers are good peoples they are reliable and most of caring and trustworthy. there was no hard task that i could say of but as long as you think before any action you should be able to over come any task. the most enjoyable part of the job was EVERYTHING! from the patients to my co-workers including supervisors.
Pros
Great learning environment
overall people are very nice
Physicians Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 2, 2016
I am busy six months out of the year. I am responsible for transportation for the Board of Education for the Town of Rocky Hill. I run the senior volunteer program. I am also the secretary for the Facilities Director where I order all supplies for the custodians in town as well as order their uniforms, do accounts payable work for them etc.

I am also the Director for the Free and Reduced lunch program for our district. I am responsible to make sure that all the children are in the correct lunch programs and file forms with the state of Connecticut every year to verify as such.

I order all supplies for the office including, paper, office, coffee, grocery( when needed) etc.
I also organize all the bookings for each school in town for all the gyms, cafeterias, libraries and auditoriums for events.

I love my job, the only thing is that six months out of the year, I sit at my desk for 6 hours a day doing nothing. That's the hardest part of my job.

I love my co-workers, they are wonderful to work for. I wish my manager could be a little bit more helpful in finding me more to do.
Pros
hour paid lunch
Great place to work in. Very friendly staff.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 20, 2016
Assist patients with adl`s also I do glucose finger sticks, vital signs, q2 turns and document all of the patients intake and output we get daily weights and also do ekg test. I enjoy every thing about my job the hardest thing is when I am busy and I feel like I cant give my patients all the time they deserve.
Pros
I do my own schedule.
Cons
Long commute.
Large, level 1 hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 14, 2016
Large hospital, room for advancement and movement if wanted, possibilites for education, supportive staff and excellent nursing educators. Very small yearly raises.
Enjoy the diversity
Clinical Consulting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoy being an employee of this facility. I have learned a lot working here throughout the years. I have grown professionally in my experience here as an employee.
Nutrition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 5, 2016
Work load is incredibly heavy at an average day. Good place to obtain managerial skills. Co workers are nice and helpful. Most enjoyable part of work is patient menu selection.
Work in a very fast pace environment. Continuous phone calls and provide customer service.
Medical Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 9, 2015
It's rewarding to be part of a team that provides mental health assistance to children between the ages of 3-18 years of age.
Work is what you make it.
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 7, 2015
There is not much job security. It would be much better if there were UNIONS for the employees and more benefits. Company needs a huge boost in morale for employees.
Productive and Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 3, 2015
I love my workplace, hate that I have to relocate if I ever return to CT I would definitely apply again :)

Working for the UROGYN department is like working with family, everyone cares and respects you. Great teamwork. Holidays with pay, Manager tries her best to accommodate everyone!!!
Pros
Staff is like Family
Cons
n/a
Hartford Hospital
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 29, 2015
Management sucks!
If you have a great work ethic, they will work you to death.
They have employees who literally do nothing and will have another employee work three times as hard. A lot of favoritism goes on in that place.
Friendly, dedicated and efficient staff
Worked with Patient Care Technician (EMT training) (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 28, 2015
Great place to work with friendly, dedicated and efficient staff. Staff are always willing to help and truly care for patients.