Hartford Hospital Employer Reviews

work is good
Clinical Research Assistant (Current Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 5, 2014
In my first week working for the hospital, I felt completely comfortable in the office because everyone is so friendly! The first week here is training, and they throw so much information at you so fast that you learn a lot very quickly and by the end you are extremely well prepared to start your job!
Volunteer at Hartford Hospital
Volunteer Gift Shop Sales, Office Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 13, 2014
I had two jobs at the hospital at that time. There was not a hard or enjoyable part of either job. The typical day of being an office assistant is mostly alphabetizing and sorting files of patients. The typical day of being a gift shop cashier is ringing up customers, blowing up balloons, and stacking shelves in the gift shop. Again, my co-workers were – more... the people that I am in the 5th year program with. – less
Educational and interesting place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 4, 2014
Pros: joyful faces
Cons: non cohesive team work
Continuous learning opportunity. Different procedure for different situations. Need a management with OR knowledge. Co-workers is a work in process. Dealing with non-knowledgeable co-workers that continuously question your knowledge of aseptic techniques. Seeing the faces of first time mothers and fathers.
Busy place
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), Hartford, CTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: short lunch-30 minutes
My job would begin at 7am with calls for STAT codes to CT.
I learned to multitask even better. I honed my skills on how to work with all kinds of personalities.
management was well organized till 6 months before downsizing.
My co-workers were always there for me on the job, willing to pitch in.
The hardest part of the job was seeing the patients coming – more... down for a STAT. Actually seeing how bad they were always made me want to do well in my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job were all the employees, joking, working together, and communicating well. – less
Job satisfaction and new learning experiences
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits worked with great staff
Cons: worked a rotating shift
Med-surg unit. As a new nurse I learned many new skills. It helped me to develop my assessment skills.
Business Systems Associate (Current Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 13, 2014
No room for advancement, and no support from management. But a good place to work.
Great place to work!
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 7, 2014
Fast paced environment with multiple resources available.
Productive and friendly family oriented workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 30, 2014
Pros: always providing education for their employees
Cons: cold weather (nothing to do with hh)
Hartford Hospital is a teaching hospital and they taught there employees well. I enjoyed working there, the only reason I am not employed at Hartford Hospital is because I relocated. If I was ever to return to CT I would certainly seek employment at Hartford Hospital.
wonderful enviornment
Admin Associate II (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2014
I have come across of a lot of wonder people in Hartford Hosptial to work for and with.
The hardest part of the job
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 18, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about cardiac care
Cons: losing a patient
Having a patient die before a procedure or during one. I've never handled death well and it's hard when you speak to a patient everyday for several weeks preparing things for a procedure that is supposed to help them live a little longer.
PCA (Current Employee), Star Team, Float PoolAugust 12, 2014
Full Holistic care for patients. A typical night at work depended on which unit I was sent to as far as which patient population I was caring for, cardiac, neuro, emergency, med-surg.
Wonderful nurses and support staff.
For the Star Team, nursing management has open door policy and is willing to listen. They are there for us.
The hardest part of the – more... job is when we are understaffed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is caring for the patients.

Team work! – less
As a student nurse the experience has been very positive with each encounter proving to be a teaching moment.
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 14, 2014
Experience as a student nurse has been very positive. The staff has been very supportive and eager to teach.
Hartford Hospital is a institution that serves the greater Hartford Community.
Patient Administrative Associate (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 3, 2014
My shift starts at 11pm and we go right into production. Monitoring cardiac and medical patients. Interpreting Arrhythmia strips to ensure proper patient care. I work with 10 other people per night and we manage to keep a safe and professional environment while ensuring patient safety and care.
Had no issues.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJune 10, 2014
Pros: there's nothing free at my job.
Cons: short breaks for the amount of hours i do at work and under paid for the amount work i do.
My typical day at work is really a fast pace environment. I work very long hours doing the week.
A fast paced environment
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJune 9, 2014
A fast paced environment that is busy all day. Learn a lot- work both independently and with others
quiet enviorment to wrok in
patien support (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJune 3, 2014
Pros: excellent people
Cons: working alone
good and quiet enviorment to wor in since you are in corparate facillites
Centralized Scheduler (Former Employee), Newington, CT 06111May 7, 2014
Started part time in the Film Library, to MRI scheduling, to Central Scheduling. Learned many systems and loved the people I worked with.
intern
intern (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 9, 2014
Pros: evening schedule
Cons: can be loud
i worked as an intern.The kids were fun to hang around with. I had a great supervisor who was helpful with my internship. The staff was friendly and helpful.
I love the job but our department did not have enough advocates, went from five people to two.
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Hartford, Ct.March 31, 2014
Pros: great nursing staff and physicians, great patients
Cons: we did not have enough advocates for such a large hospital.
I really enjoyed my job with patients and working with the medical staff. I started with the department and we had enough employees to cover a hospital that also covered the Institute of Living, our Psychiatric hospital. I covered every floor, including the ED, ICU, and The Institute of Living. The job became very difficult when the staff dwindled to – more... two advocates. I wanted to keep the excellence in my work but was very difficult. At one point I was the only advocate and training a new hire.
When I resigned, I wrote several patients and their families to tell them I was leaving and who they could call when they come back to the hospital because they always asked for me when they were hospitalized. I really cared for them and all of the patients I had the privilege of working with. – less
GREAT
Accounting Assitant & Payment Analysts (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 30, 2014
Pros: secure and natural enviromemt for safety and healthy performances.
Cons: lack of hot meal cafeteria.
Good site for work and grow, friendly area. A daily challenge area for new learning plus sharpening skills.

1 2 3 4 5