Hartgrove Hospital Employee Reviews

Ok
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2017
If you need job experience, work here. Do not expect to advance in the company or get paid. The retention rate is very low because there is no support from management and the pay is terrible.
Challenging and rewarding
Mental Health Specialist/Sub-Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2017
You earn experience based on how much effort you put into it. You will learn a lot and be exposed to so many different cultures in a workplace, and psychiatric population.
This is a awesome place to work !!!
Mental Health Specialist Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2017
The workplace culture is awesome and extremely positive. I have worked here for years and there is always some type of employee appreciation offered.
The company encourages advancement and educational increase.
Pros
Very flexible, free meals and ongoing CEU's
Cons
Limited days off due to a shortage in staff.
Unsafe environment
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2017
Low Pay. Unsafe environment. Units are always short staffed, which puts employees at risk of being harmed. For only $15 and hour, you are performing the job of a nurse, a security guard, a social worker, and a therapist combined.
enjoyed the staff i worked with
LPN Adolescent Psychiatric Day Program (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2017
stressful, demanding feeling unappreciated by manager, not enough work space, always having meetings with management that had nothing to do with my job position.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no room for growth
Hartgrove Hospital
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2017
work was very fast pace, when I worked there, I felt I was not treated fairly, the manager compared me to other employees, the manager talked to me to other students that were in training and would imitate how I work to other students in training and was making them laugh at me in her office. The employees would put me down everyday about how I worked, instead of helping me by showing me what I was doing wrong, so I could correct my mistakes. I do not miss working there at all and nor do I miss the humiliation from the staff or the manager there.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Bad Management and staff
Overworked
RN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2017
Very high nurse to patient ratios causing much stress on the nurses. There are many "clicks" throughout hospital making others feel like outsiders or they are not part of the team.
Under paid
Mental Health Counselor/Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2017
Anyone who has a Bachelors degee and works here should be starting at $25 an hour. Mental health jobs are a hazard to your health both physically, and internally. To pay anyone less than that is a crime in this environment. I guarantee that the turn over rate for mental health counselors would drop dramatically.
Pros
Cons
Risk to your health, pay, and upward mobility.
Great experience, shouldn't be a longterm position
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2017
Working as a mental health position is a great experience for new graduates out of school who are looking to gain experience working with individuals who have mental illness. However, if you take the position I'd suggest having a vision of where you want to go with it, since the paths to advancement are few, and hardly worth it from my experience.
Pros
Good co-workers, great way to gain experience, will hire entry-levels
Cons
Difficult working conditions, poor compensation compared to other facilities
Not recommended
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
A very thankless workplace that does not pay yet expects the employees to always go above and beyond. The hours are long and the hospital has no cohesiveness.
cool
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
I enjoy working with this company but if you work as needed you rarely get hours if the census is. Great working environment, management work hard to to keep a friendly work environment
Inpatient Mental & Behavioral Health Facility
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2017
Located on the far West side of Chicago, IL, Hartgrove Hospital institutes questionable practices. The culture is the antithesis of what would be expected in a professional health care facility, especially when dealing with mental and behavioral health.
productive and busy
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2017
There is a lot of stuff to learn at Hartgrove but the job is worthwhile. The people are awesome to work with. Everyone is always friendly and eager and ready to assist at any given moment.
Beautiful place and very clean
Clinical Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2016
I was unpleased with the room for advancement. No support from management. Although, the place was very clean and well kept, it did not make a typical workday better. Company was always understaffed and not safe for clients or staff.
Responsible Organization
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2016
Top notch organization, which provides quality care and resources. Great staff and team environment. Mangament works well with staff, and takes feedback well.
Immature Workplace
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
The work Isn't hard nor challenging. Theres no type of employee Advocacy. Administrators feel they aren't equal individuals as other staff members.
Hard Work, but rewarding
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2016
The excellent team of Hartgrove Hospital employees makes work enjoyable, which is much appreciated given the challenges we face serving the mentally ill population.
Get the experience and get out
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2016
Hartgrove is a difficult place to work simply due to the nature of the work. Working in inpatient mental health can be depressing and dangerous. The advice I give to new hires is to have an exit strategy as soon as you start. If you're working as a Mental Health Counselor there is little to no upward mobility, however the flexibility of the schedule allows you to pursue an education and still bring in more money than working at McDonald's. I don't regret taking a job at Hartgrove, but I regret not going back to school sooner.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free lunch on the weekends, good coworkers, human service
Cons
Violent Patients, corporate bureaucracy, low pay, little upward mobility
Good start
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2016
Great first time coding job. I gained alot of experience coding charts, reviewing charts, creating physician queries.
Dont do it
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
This is not a company you want to work for, they understaff almost every day and do many illegal things. They hire persons that have no experience in the field and expect them to work the units after only 2 weeks of training. The immediate management called PS's are ok for the most part but the administration is lacking in leadership and in many other areas. The units will be undermanned and you will be handling a hall full of 20 patients while you watch as administration sits and laughs behind the nursing station. The working conditions are unsafe, they will have a unit of 40 patients that are acute with only 6 staff to try and control the unit and persons on it.
Benefits
Cons
To many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hartgrove Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7