Hartnell Community College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Reliable and Stable Work-Study Position with Amazing Co-Workers
HR Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 11, 2017
I worked at the Human Resources Department as the Office Receptionist and I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience there. I worked for everyone inside the HR department, but I had a main boss that I went to for everything. She was extremely kind and generous and very knowledgeable in her field.

A typical day at a work involved coming in and checking-in with the boss, then retrieving the mail to distribute through the HR office. After that, I usually had different projects (making files/folders etc) for me and I finished all the projects earlier than the end of my shift so I was able to do my homework or study when there was no one who needed assisting.

The workplace culture is great. Because it is a Work-Study position, you (student) gets the benefit of not having to commit to a full-time job position and also have a job position that was really lenient to your school schedule.

There wasn't anything "hard" about this job. The only 'hard' part was that you only got a maximum of 20 hours a week so although the pay was consistent, you only got that set amount per month. It's also a monthly salary so if you have bills to pay weekly, this may be difficult.

However, everything else, I have thoroughly enjoyed having been able to be a a part of the HR team back in the day. I highly recommend doing this position if you're eligible for Work-Study at Hartnell College.
Pros
Relaxed working schedule (can do homework or study when it isn't busy)
Cons
Not much of a advancement in job position because it is Work-Study.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Soledad Correctional FacilityNovember 29, 2016
Teamwork was key. Found it to be a supportive work environment by both our team and all CTF staff. Overall good experience. I would recommend for others to try it.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
It can be heavy on the heart
California Community College
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 28, 2016
Great place for education.

Agricultural environment.

Great student population with desires to improve, learn, succeed.
Fun While It Lasted
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 20, 2015
I only worked in Hatnell for 2 days. The first day was training. The next day was Panther Cub Day. I found it easy to get along with the other employees. I was also able to get along with the kids. We were assign team with the name of a color. My team was orange but I refereed to it as team Giants. It made things more fun especially for the kids. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of the kids during lunch as many of them started to wonder off once they finished eating. Thankfully everything turnout fine and no one got lost.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Not fair payment, incompetent Dean
, Physiology Professor (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CaliforniaJune 8, 2015
My co-workers are exceptional, but Dean and management are incompetent with high salaries
The hardest part of my work is encourage my students to invest enough time to study
The most enjoyable part is my students feedback of my job
Always a great way to help others
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 17, 2015
Hartnell provides a great learning environment to students and their student employees. I feel that I am always able to help out whenever I can.
Very productive experience
Mathematics Academy Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 23, 2014
I got a chance be part of the team where everyone was so eager to help students as well as each other.
Coworkers are friendly and helpful.
Title V Grant Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 22, 2011
Clear cut responsibilities and job descriptions. Progressive and willing to change in order to meet the needs of the students who are the ultimate "clients." Nice place to work.
Pros
tight knit culture of the staff there, friendly and helpful.
Cons
limited possibilities for advancement, because of budget constraints.