Hartwick College Employee Reviews

Wonderful, Beautiful Place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Beautiful Campus
Cons: Dealing with less mature college students.
Wonderful college campus, in a beautiful small town. College students are often hard to support, due to their more immature sensibilities, but the people behind the scenes do a wonderful job of managing a beatiful school. Most people work here for many years and retire.
Excellent Communication
Member of the Student Senate Body (Current Employee), Oneonta, NYMay 5, 2015
A small liberal arts college that focuses on individual student development in high school styled classrooms offering maximum interaction with Ph.D. qualified professors.
Beautiful campus
Head Counselor, Summer Soccer Camp (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Beautiful campus, great people and a genuine concern for students.
Always able to learn new things and gain more experience
Assistant Lab Technician (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYMay 19, 2014
My advisor always let me try new things in the lab, and learn from his experience. He made sure that what I was doing wasn't just a work study job, he treated me like I was his employee in a large company and gave me numerous responsibilities, and I enjoyed that.
Productive workplace and fun community.
Life Guard, Moyer Pool (Current Employee), Oneonta, NYApril 16, 2014
When on duty all my attention is focused on the pool and the patrons. I always watch to make sure that each patron is not in danger. The hardest part of the job is when people float on their fronts for periods of time. I am never quite sure if they are doing it on purpose, or if they need help, but just when I get ready to rescue them they pop up for a breath. I love being able to provide the patrons with the opportunity to enjoy swimming in a pool without having to worry about their safety. As a student I have lots of homework and reading that I have to get done, but I also have to work. I have learned how to manage my time so I can be fully dedicated to watching any patron that comes to the pool, but also do my homework if no one is there. We work in teams generally, so one guard is always on duty while the other is at the desk on their break. This allows us to remain fully focused on the pool and deck so we don't miss anything. We also have an in service day every semester where we go over our rescuing skills. On these days we must work in groups and be fully coordinated with eachother. When demonstrating these skills we have to act as though the person we are "rescuing" is actually in danger and therefore, we must be a single cohesive group.
Small Liberal Arts College
Organic Chemistry Lab TA (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYSeptember 24, 2013
The Hartwick community is very tight knit and friendly with both students and new employees.
College Nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYJuly 26, 2013
Great benefits and work environment. Supportive co workers.
a typical day of work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits package and professional atmosphere
Cons: lacked variety and challenge
I was responsible in my department for maintaining all the biographical information of the College's constitutents for fundraising purposes. I received information from various sources in order to make sure the information about people was accurate. I would use the internet to obtain much of the information I needed. I also would type up reports of visitation to constituents by development officers.
Close relationships, bonding activities, training
50-50 Peer Counselor (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYAugust 9, 2012
Pros: great atmosphere
A typical day in the 50-50 peer counseling office would consist of a laid-back, relaxed atmosphere with an open door for any student that needed to come in and talk. We were completely confidential and willing to talk to whomever needed or wanted it. I learned a great deal about many disorders and daily stress that students deal with. The hardest part of the job was the two week training that we did before we started. The most enjoyable part was everything. We got along great as a group, and always had fun as a group.