Hartwick College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Fun environment
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 27, 2016
The Hartwick College Swim team made the work environment very enjoyable. The assistant and head coach of the team are the two whom I worked very closely with and they were always there to brighten my day. However, because this was only a work study job there was no way of advancement, but they did allow me to pick up other tasks to make a little extra and even offered a summer job. The environment for which they facilitate work is one that is enjoyable for anyone and everyone.
Great experience.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 12, 2016
This was a work study job so they were very lenient with balancing work and school. The work I was doing was a combination of busy work and research for her department. Overall, it was a nice office job with nice people.
Pros
Worked with me to balance work and school.
Cons
Not enough hours, limited by financial aid.
productive and fun work place
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  OneontaJune 9, 2016
volunteer work helped build experience for future. good volunteer work to have on the side whilst at university and playing football for the college.
Customers
Cashier, Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Walton, NYDecember 30, 2015
This was at the Walton Big M. I enjoyed meeting the customers and working with them. Each day was different. Sometimes a customer would be difficult but I would still smile and give them good service. I enjoyed working behind the service desk the best.
Relaxed, yet productive atmosphere
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 14, 2015
Working for the Hartwick writing center as a tutor was great. I did it for several hours every week. It was a great way to build my own skills as an English major and have a way to make money that didn't take as much time away from my studies as a normal job would. I taught a class that prepared first year students for Composition and also took walk-ins and helped students with different papers and projects.The hardest part of the job was working with students who were disrespectful towards me or who didn't take the class seriously, but overall it was a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
I owned and operated this company.
DJ (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 30, 2015
After being a courier for several companies over several years, I decided to own my own business. it was a hard job and eventually I broke up the company and sold it. Traffic in the Washington Metropolitan area grew to heavy to successfully operate a stat courier service.
Pros
Super fabulous money
Cons
Sometimes I had to work 20 hours daily.
Wonderful, Beautiful Place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 22, 2015
Wonderful college campus, in a beautiful small town. College students are often hard to support, due to their more immature sensibilities, but the people behind the scenes do a wonderful job of managing a beatiful school. Most people work here for many years and retire.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
Dealing with less mature college students.
Hartwick College
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 31, 2015
Each position held entailed a variety of duties and challenges. My current position supports three departments (Study Abroad, Pine Lake and Advising), what should be at least a full-time position that I have to perform within 17.5 hours/week.
Excellent Communication
Member of the Student Senate Body (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 5, 2015
A small liberal arts college that focuses on individual student development in high school styled classrooms offering maximum interaction with Ph.D. qualified professors.
Close relationships, bonding activities, training
50-50 Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYAugust 9, 2012
A typical day in the 50-50 peer counseling office would consist of a laid-back, relaxed atmosphere with an open door for any student that needed to come in and talk. We were completely confidential and willing to talk to whomever needed or wanted it. I learned a great deal about many disorders and daily stress that students deal with. The hardest part of the job was the two week training that we did before we started. The most enjoyable part was everything. We got along great as a group, and always had fun as a group.
Pros
great atmosphere
a typical day of work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 27, 2012
I was responsible in my department for maintaining all the biographical information of the College's constitutents for fundraising purposes. I received information from various sources in order to make sure the information about people was accurate. I would use the internet to obtain much of the information I needed. I also would type up reports of visitation to constituents by development officers.
Pros
excellent benefits package and professional atmosphere
Cons
lacked variety and challenge
Always able to learn new things and gain more experience
Assistant Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYMay 19, 2014
My advisor always let me try new things in the lab, and learn from his experience. He made sure that what I was doing wasn't just a work study job, he treated me like I was his employee in a large company and gave me numerous responsibilities, and I enjoyed that.
Small Liberal Arts College
Organic Chemistry Lab TA (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 24, 2013
The Hartwick community is very tight knit and friendly with both students and new employees.
Beautiful campus
Head Counselor, Summer Soccer Camp (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Beautiful campus, great people and a genuine concern for students.
College Nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJuly 26, 2013
Great benefits and work environment. Supportive co workers.
Productive workplace and fun community.
Life Guard, Moyer Pool (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 16, 2014
When on duty all my attention is focused on the pool and the patrons. I always watch to make sure that each patron is not in danger. The hardest part of the job is when people float on their fronts for periods of time. I am never quite sure if they are doing it on purpose, or if they need help, but just when I get ready to rescue them they pop up for a breath. I love being able to provide the patrons with the opportunity to enjoy swimming in a pool without having to worry about their safety. As a student I have lots of homework and reading that I have to get done, but I also have to work. I have learned how to manage my time so I can be fully dedicated to watching any patron that comes to the pool, but also do my homework if no one is there. We work in teams generally, so one guard is always on duty while the other is at the desk on their break. This allows us to remain fully focused on the pool and deck so we don't miss anything. We also have an in service day every semester where we go over our rescuing skills. On these days we must work in groups and be fully coordinated with eachother. When demonstrating these skills we have to act as though the person we are "rescuing" is actually in danger and therefore, we must be a single cohesive group.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hartwick College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4