Harvard University

Harvard University Employer Reviews

Great place to work with exceptional people
Associate (Former Employee), Holyoke Center Room 600January 6, 2015
Pros: wonderful mix of terrific people
Cons: long hours
The Office of Sponsored Programs has the best support staff in Harvard. My co-workers are second to none and are always there to lend a hand.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the staff and coming up with answers to tough questions.
I've learned that management is always there to help you whenever they can.
Collaborative and Productive
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day at work I would first check the cells and samples needed for experimentation and assess those needs. Then I would report directly to the Post-Docs that I was currently working with and collaborate with them in regards to additional research findings and experiments that needed to be done.

I learned several technical skills and base foundations for research and development.

The management was easily accessible and very collaborative.

Co-workers within an academic environment tend to vary excessively due to the innate diversity of the environment. Some were laid-back and others were unnecessarily strict, some were collaborative and others were a bit more closed off, etc. Everyone was extremely productive.

The hardest part of the job was balancing experiments with outside life. The most enjoyable part was how productive and collaborative the majority of the work place was.
The pros and Cons of being a postdoc here
Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros:
Lots of resources, great environment and opportunities to foster collaboration and learn different skill sets.

Cons:
A lot of politics
Nice environment
PhD Candidate (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 21, 2014
Harvard Business School is a challenging, but unique environment that allows you to push the boundaries of your work and your thoughts. The facilities are nice, and the organization provides good benefits.
• Concentrated on anti-cancer drug discovery with specification in Multiple Myeloma (MM) in various cancer pathways. Major research interests included
Instructor at Dana Farber Cancer Institute (Former Employee), Boston MADecember 18, 2014
Concentrated on anti-cancer drug discovery with specification in Multiple Myeloma (MM) in various cancer pathways. Major research interests included target validation, signal transduction and biomarker identification as well as drug efficacy study in distinct animal models (xenograft, disseminated and scid-hu models)
mostly just productive
Maintanance (Current Employee), Bensenville, ILNovember 30, 2014
every day was different. it was the same routine but everyday something new happened to construction people working in the building or new messes i had to clean. i didn't really have many coworkers and if i did they mostly spoke Spanish. the hardest part of the job was probably making sure you didn't miss a spot because some managers are stingy about that.The best part was that i was able to clean and do my job however i wanted without someone breathing down my back,
active community involvement :)
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches and vip's visit often
Cons: parking is terrible
Harvard Law School has a tight-knit group of staff and faculty that are always involved in campus events and try to bring interesting activities to campus for students.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 6, 2014
I work on several research projects for my Ph.D. thesis. I work on statistical theory as well as carry out extensive simulation studies for my models. I also have had the opportunity to be involved in some collaborative projects.
Harvard University
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 5, 2014
Great management. People encourage 40 hour weeks to keep a very good work/life balance.
Enlarge your potential and great research experience
Research Assistant (Part-time), Jooa Julia Lee (Current Employee), New York City, NYOctober 27, 2014
I am involved in a volunteer part-time position. But I have learned a lot, my daily job include

Manipulate large datasets, identify the correlation between variables, read research articles

produce econometric analysis
One of the best places to work for
Assistant Supervisor Animal Care (Current Employee), Southborough, MAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: good benefits and good programs to help you
you learn a lot from co-worker they make you feel like you are part of their family you can see their dedication and passionate for what they do
i learned many skills
good management always there to help you grow and progress
nice
Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 20, 2014
many different departments but the one I worked with was really wonderful, the benefits package is also great
great place to work
Front End Engineer (Former Employee), Cambrige, MAOctober 20, 2014
very interesting work, clever co-workers. Great location and compensation.
Great place to work but not much room for growth
Recruitment Coordinator, FAS Recruitment Services (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 20, 2014
Great place to work but not much room for professional growth.
an OK job for a graduate of a web design program at BU
Web Designer/Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 20, 2014
I only worked there for about 6 months. I worked from home and got a teacher's assistant pay. it was not bad at all, especially since I did that before and after I gave birth to my daughter. At that time, it was the best job for me to do. very flexible in terms of hours and quite rewarding.
Great organization
FUNCTIONAL ANALYST (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 18, 2014
Wonderful organization to work for. I would go back if another chance opened up.
Good
Director, Conferences and Special Events (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 16, 2014
Interesting environment. Exposure to a broad range of people and topics.
HMS: Continuing Education: Many changes!
Senior Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 15, 2014
My time in Continuing Education at the Medical School can be characterized as the constant management of change, both good and bad.
Everything you'd hope for. A great place to work.
Library Technical Services Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 10, 2014
An excellent place to work. Great benefits, great colleagues and plenty of opportunities for professional growth.
Intense and Productive
Lecturer and Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 9, 2014
Intense and Productive. Offered many possibilities for better postdoctoral training. Different worldwide scientists lectured in different topics, and provided useful workshops for postdoctoral fellows.

1 2 3 4 5