Harvard University Employee Reviews

Productive Work Culture
Program Technology Analyst (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: Nil
Productive Work Culture in a collaborative environment. Wonderful co-workers and no micro-management and ample flex times. You are treated with respect, and overall a great workplace.
I enjoy my job
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Working with world renowned professors, healthcare, work life balance, free lunches, classes at the Harvard Extension School
Cons: can't think of any
I conduct multiple tasks throughout the day from complex scheduling and travel, streamlining office processes, and collaborating with co-workers on various projects. My co-workers and supervisors are supportive and I enjoy coming to work.
Harvard University is agreat place to work
Senior Sourcing Consultant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: good management and courses only are 40$ for employees
Cons: All 12 schools run independently
Harvard University has great place to work and the management team are great to work for and quality of life is wonderful. The staff members are very cooperative to each other. They were slightly below on their compensation but the $40.00 per course for employees is the best I have ever heard of.
Constant learning experience
Teaching Fellow Data Science (Current Employee), RemoteJuly 8, 2015
Learn and share from the brightest young students in the world, MIT and Harvard Alumni. Opportunity to mentor future data scientist and to learn from experience Data Scientist, design and grade homework is a very interesting experience to undestand problems solutions from different points of view.
Excellent place to work.
Adjunct (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 8, 2015
I was given the opportunity to teach and continue my research program due to interest in my Ph.D. work and a little luck.

Everyone I interacted with was friendly and helpful, the students were excellent, the pay was well above average. The office was extremely accommodating, giving me precisely the course load I requested to allow me to continue my primary activity of research.
high ranking educational place, I augment my knowledge working with a very well known faculties
Instructor, Department of Psychiatry (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 29, 2015
A peaceful place to work, a great oppurtunity to learn new skills, perfect mannagement, friendly setting, high ranking faculties and co-workers, grant submission is the most stressful part of the job.
Nice group of people across departments
Assistant Director of Administration (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Good atmosphere, nice people
Cons: No direct support for internal job hunting
I worked across every department and I thoroughly enjoyed the staff and faculty and students. In general they were collaborative and supportive. I think the Law School is particularly congenial.
20 words minimum
Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 23, 2015
Tell us about:

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Senior Financial Analyst
2015 - ALM Candidate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 22, 2015
Financial Controller for the Human Resource Division. Lead day to day business and financial analysis, monthly reporting, and annual budgeting, forecasting, and P&L optimization.
Research project
Faculty research aide (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 17, 2015
It was a very gratifying experience. I learned about something different. The professor that was leading this project was a very approachable and always willing to help.
Wonderful people to work with
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Harvard SquareJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great location
Cons: only short-term termporary position
A typical day involved answering phones, meeting and greeting visitors and guests, handling projects as needed.

I learned about how good I am at taking initiative

The management was fair minded

Most enjoyable part of job - learning new things all the time
Great Benefits for long term tenure
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 10, 2015
Pros: Health Care Benefits are great
Department management is quite average across the board for central administration. Changes occur often to keep work flow positive. Systems are a tad ancient but improvement is in the making. Work/life balance suggestions are widely available. Great EAP services. Harvard University...the way benefits should be everywhere.
great
Senior QA Test Analyst (Former Employee), CambridgeJune 10, 2015
It was great experience working at Harvard. Team is very supportive. Management is great. Overall good learning experience. I was part of their new system implementation in month of june2015
Management lacked consistency and direction
Project Manager (Former Employee), Iselin, NJJune 10, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: lack of direction, expectations of management did not match job description
Compensation was adequately good as well as the benefits. The ability to be in the field as a project manager was a definite plus, however, the negatives were upper management lacked consistency and direction. – more... A lot of what I did at the previous job at ABM Janitorial. While I did get the job done, it was challenging feeling like upper management was unreachable for days at a time. This was not HARVARD Univ, it was HARVARD Services Group - a Janitorial outfit. – less
Associate Researcher (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Interdisiplinary
Cons: If you are a woman with a baby, life is hard for you!
It was a great experience to work with lots of wonderful scientists from all around the world.Sky is the limit for all kinds of fun experiments. It is the dream of a scientist!
A great place to work for
Research Fellow (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Stay close with smart colleagues, learn what's new in the industry
Cons: Long working hours
Harvard provides me a great environment to work and to live. This is a perfect institute to enhance your all-round knowledge and increase your interest in science. Perfect place for young professionals and scholars.
Worked as a neurological tracer
Nuerological Tracer (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free food
It was great being around so many people! These people in the neurobiology department of Harvard are so smart! They know a lot and you just feel really inspired to keep on advancing!
extremely competitive environment
Director of Dissemination (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 12, 2015
Pros: great brand, international recognition
Cons: very competitive and demanding.
Harvard University has a brand that is recognized without the need of introduction. However, that comes with a price:

Harvard is NOT famous for being social

Harvard is NOT famous for being laid back – more...

Harvard is NOT famous for being slightly above average.

Make sure when you come in you do with passion. Ideally, you will live, breath and sleep over your tasks. Ideally, there should be no "clock-out" or weekend away from work.

If these concepts are intimidating, you might be a better fit somewhere else.

Besides that (for some, a problem, for others, an opportunity), great place. – less
Creative and independent work environment
Teaching Staff, Course Materials, Faculty Aid (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Creative and independent environment
Cons: benifits vary according to position
Active and inspiring environment. Lends to creativity. Great opportunity to work with diverse teams and best practices. Excellent resources and support.
labbor
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 25, 2015
good fame and ego
highly competitive environment and different mindset
low pay but very long work hours
if you have children, think before you jump in