Harvard University

Harvard University Employer Reviews

Very Fun Place to Work At
Network Technician Intern (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 18, 2014
Awesome Experience, would do it all over again. I had the opportunity to expand my knowledge and worked with an amazing team.
Excellant lab enviroment
Graduate Research Student (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAApril 17, 2014
Education, research,collaboration is next to none. Best working environment for research and intellectual growth.
A lot of free time
Senior/Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee), Allston, MAMarch 31, 2014
Great place
A lot of vacations and holidays. Great managers and executives.
Nice place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Harvard, MAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: interesting environment, potential future
Cons: job for high school students
It was a nice environment to work into, it gave me a opportunity to learn form the researchers techniques they used for to their work.
Great Place, Good for Steady Position
Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great culture, nice management, a lot to learn
It's Harvard, it's very well established, as is their internship program. They gave us interns a lot of materials (books, packets, mugs, etc) for improving ourselves, work ethic, time management, etc. It is a publishing company after all!

The place was very office like, but the people there were very nice. My manager was great, and did what she could – more... to help me understand what the Marketing department did. I helped out with trade shows, sat in on conferences. – less
Pleasant Place to work
HVAC Operator (Current Employee), AllstonMarch 17, 2014
Pros: opportunity
Cons: competion
It's a great place to meet all walks of life.
There is always something new and interesting going on.
The campus is always expanding and creating new jobs.
ok job - horrible management
Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: overall, management does not respect staff
the culture/environment is not a healthy one - the people who are successful as staff for the most part spend most of their time gaming the system - there's a glut of middle management who seem to spend a lot of time not doing much - if you have a people focused manager, it can be a nice place to work - sadly, the majority of managers seem to be pretty – more... insecure, but also have inflated egos, which makes for a pretty unpleasant mix for staff – less
Outstanding experience
Project Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2014
Outstanding research environment, co-workers and work life balance are fantastic
A Machine!
Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 18, 2014
Great benefits for employees but very hard to advance here. Most departments had employees who has been there for years - and who were either not efficient or just plain set in their ways. Not a very innovative place to work.
The Best Place to Work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 18, 2014
I have worked many places, none have come close to working at Harvard. Great opportunities, the benefits were insane, and I worked with good people.
One of the best higher ed places to work
Asst. Dir. for Finance and Grant Administration (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2014
The reputation of Harvard is accurate even when it comes to employee relations.
Productive and great benefits
Assistant Director of Operations and Security (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 1, 2014
Great place to work, just tough commute. Have to pay to park, and not many options for commuter choices. Lots of opportunities, but a very political place to work.
Really welcoming environment to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great speakers that i was able to hear
Cons: just temporary position
I was lucky enough to get a temporary position at Harvard Kennedy School of Goverment which was very closely related to a past work experience. So I was able to start making a difference from day one and I really enjoyed my job.
Great Experiece
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 28, 2014
Great experience. I really enjoyed working for the Department of Psychology.
This was my first job straight out of high school
Administration Office Clerk (Former Employee), Boston MaJanuary 28, 2014
I really learned a lot working here, and was where I was able to take a part time after school job and turned it into a full time 2 year job.
Harvard University
Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 16, 2014
Harvard is an exciting and dynamic environment to work. The academic environment provides constant intellectual stimulation. The program I am a part of also encourages wide-ranging collaboration. They are also considerate of life-work balance and have been generous with providing me the freedom to manage my time as I choose.
Pleasant academic environment
Staff Writer/Editor (part-time) (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: access to musical, literary, academic events
Cons: limited vacation time
Nice to be part of an academic environment and enjoy the perks of access to discounted evening classes. Writing, editing, and producing seasonal newsletter. Inputting text for the weekly service pamphlet. Meeting and interviewing people of interest for the newsletter was the best part of the job. Quick turnaround for weekly service pamphlets and other – more... orders of service with accuracy a priority made for some stressful occasions, but nothing that couldn't be handled, and always produced a feeling of satisfaction in a job well done. – less
Staff Assistant, MBA Student and Academic Services (Former Employee), Allston, MAJanuary 6, 2014
The staff, teaching faculty, and students are great to work with. The management of the staff is not so great, no clear goals and employee development they managed up instead of down.
Easy-going and knowledgable staff
Intern (Former Employee), Harvard SmithsonianJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: monotonous work
Lots of filing and alphabetizing of telescopic plates. Learned to work quickly and efficiently. My supervisors were laid-back but very serious about their work. Carrying stacks of glass was the most difficult aspect of the job but learning all I could about astronomy was worth it.
Harvard
National Security Fellow (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 3, 2014
The world's finest academic institution.
Best professors, best courses.
Excellent facilities.