Harvard University Employee Reviews in United States

Strong consensus building culture
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2016
I am currently an Executive Assistant to the Executive Dean and Chief Financial Officer at Harvard Medical School. At HMS, I work with a fantastic team and have been able to see the benefits of a strong consensus building culture.
Focus on incoming and outgoing mail.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 21, 2016
A typical day will be of me going around campus collecting and delivering all Harvard law professor mail..Focus mainly on FedEx,ups and US postal.
Pros
You meet a lot of important people.
Amazing work place!
Administrative Assistant (Temporary Hire) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 10, 2016
I was a great experience! Everyday was learning new skills that allowed me to advance in my working abilities. Everyone is is willing to help, teach, and answer any questions you may have.
Microbiology Department Harvard Medical School
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2016
I was a Laboratory Aid at Harvard Medical School and
would prepare medial and solution for all the researchers
in the Microbiology Department.
Best place to work.
Financial Associate I (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 18, 2016
I work in a peaceful place, where all the people around are ready to help when a help is needed. Lots of training are offer every day to attend for you personal development.
Pros
Good opportunities to move to another position
Cons
n/a
Great workplace
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2016
Excellent work/life balance.
People work in a team there.
Respect for employees and respect for each other
Company thrives on taking good care of its employees.
Great Place to work and learn
Senior Chef Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 25, 2016
A great working environment, opportunities are varied and great. The resources to learn, and further one's self are almost limitless.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 19, 2016
I been dedicated to the management team for almost 9 years, dealing with clients and employees.

I learn a lot from previous jobs and I was capable to teach others.
Nice to work at!
Instructional Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 16, 2016
Awesome people - nice and helpful. Only a contractor - but employees have a nice benefit package. Learning new things all the time.
Harvard Law
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 13, 2016
Great atmosphere. Staff has been incredibly accommodating. Great perks and learned a lot on the job! I would recommend this job to anyone.
Bleeding edge research and yes, ping pong tables too.
Research Resources & Central Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAMarch 10, 2016
A challenging work environment in a diverse setting, Harvard is a world class institution with honor, compassion, and prestige. I would be there still if it were not for our site closure.
A high quality workplace on par with the prestige of its Academic Reputation
Interim Assistant Project Controls Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 15, 2013
Working at Harvard has been a highly rewarding experience. I have found the work environment to be one that was simultaneously relaxed and focused on excellence. The management and staff within my department are friendly, smart, well educated professionals who bestow one another with respect. My job is challenging and at times tedious but I feel genuinely supported by my manager which makes me happy to work hard.
Pros
great work environment, excellent benefits, use of harvard facilities.
Cons
somewhat difficult to get hired.
a good place to work
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 1, 2016
Harvard University is a good place to work. It provides the employees good health plan. The people there are nice and helpful.
Fun working place, excellent colleagues and manager
Technical Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 19, 2016
Flexible working environment, very interactive, well organized and managed. Good place to learn and do research. excellent place to make connections.
World Class
Central Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Southborough, MAMarch 3, 2016
Learned from the best and willing to share my knowledge and skill at your profit or non-profit facility for many years to come.
Creative and independent work environment
Teaching Staff, Course Materials, Faculty Aid (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 1, 2015
Active and inspiring environment. Lends to creativity. Great opportunity to work with diverse teams and best practices. Excellent resources and support.
Pros
Creative and independent environment
Cons
benifits vary according to position
Great opportunities with a chance to grow
Administrative Assistant-Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 16, 2012
A typical day at work consists of answering phones, and checking in guests. I would also do general administrative tasks for operational managers. The management was great, always willing to help you if needed. I like the majority of the staff. I do see almost everyone on a daily basis, which required excellent customer relation skills. What I like most about working at HCRI is the satisfaction of the work the organization. I would have to say the hardest part is remembering where the Conference Rooms are.
Pros
free lunches, health benefits, 3 weeks paid vacations
A friendly academic environment
Grant, Program and Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 11, 2012
This is a great place to work if you enjoy working amongst some of the top academic minds in the world. What makes these colleagues even more special is that they are focused on the mission of improving public health globally through research. It is an honor to work amongst them. The faculty are by-and-large a friendly group. The staff are generally hard-working and know that they are fortunate. The benefits are second to no company I've ever heard of.
Pros
benefits, work-life balance, pay and friendly environment
Cons
can be a bit bureaucratic
Fun with educational opportunities
Grants and Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 15, 2013
-a typical day at work - review portfolio and assist in proposal development
-what you learned - how to network and navigate within Harvard to develop skills
-management - strong leadership who are also great mentors
-co-workers - very friendly and supportive
-the hardest part of the job - meeting tight deadlines
-the most enjoyable part of the job - benefits
Pros
plenty of educational opportunities and support
Cons
can be overwhelming to navigate career path within large institution
Great benefits with flexible hours, dedicated staff and faculty.
Senior Financial Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 13, 2012
I have been a Financial Associate at Harvard for a little over 3 years and although there are days when there is a lot on my plate, it is manageable and the team I worked with is filled with wonderful people. Most of them are, but you learn to get around the ones who are used to getting their way as well. You have to learn quickly, especially the internal software applications, which there are plenty of and you have to be proactive about learning deadlines. As with any financial job, there always seems to be a deadline, but if this is motivator for you, I'd say for it.
Pros
flexible hours, good benefits
Cons
it's hard to move up in pay wage when you've had a few years of experience.

4.3