Harvard University

Harvard University Employer Reviews

work hard and excellent
Research Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 5, 2013
This opportunity confirmed my micromanipulation technical in transgenic and knockout mice, and allowed me reviewed all of my embryonic techniques in successes performed and verified that bone marrow cells have multipotential differentiation potential for neuron regeneration. My technical performances surprised my supervisors.
Great Place to start your career
Staff Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 4, 2013
Working at Harvard is great, there are many opportunities to take a part in. The co-workers are always willing to help in areas needed. You have great management that is understanding. It is great.
Healthy work setting
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 3, 2013
Pros: everything
Excellent work setting with endless learning potential. Worked beside seasoned technologist and Radiologist .
This was a position of a research assistant to a scholar/author.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 25, 2013
This had to do with developing and organizing an archive of the history of Psychology and Religion. This collection involved thousands of books and perhaps a hundred boxes of related material for publication and and archive. these were materials involved in in the publication of many books and articles.
Highly Engaging Experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 5, 2013
This was my first experience in a laboratory setting. I really enjoyed being part of the Harvard community for a summer, and it fueled my desire to obtain additional research experiences.
what I learned
Courier Services (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 4, 2013
I learned that the process of academic research is difficult, but extremely rewarding.
Ph.D. program
Ph.D. Candidate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 16, 2013
Overall experience will be highly dependent on the advisor.
Great place to learn new skills
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 11, 2013
Boston/Cambridge is the most intellectually stimulating place I have ever been part of.
Very Important First Job
Database Manager (Former Employee), 1 Brookline Place, Brookline, MAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches, hour break
Cons: paid monthly
I began as an intern. From there I was able to develop with the institution gaining more access and having more responsibility. I learn how to manage a demographics database. Later becoming an equipment manager. Following that I participated in a longitudinal study on Multiple Sclerosis. I loved working with computers it was great. I worked in an office – more... setting which was also great. The environment was a mix between a school and a hospital. So there were administrators, doctors, students, and interns working all together. The most enjoyable part of the day was attending group meetings where people would share ideas and work on projects. – less
Education first, in all the right ways
Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: people and culture
They've had the most experience, but they've definitely learned how to create an educational institution. You will meet absolutely fantastic people here. At the end of the day, as long as you're ok with it being of and for education first and foremost, it's a fantastic place.
Helps pay the bills
Security Officer (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 7, 2013
I currently work as a Security Officer at Harvard University through Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. This review is primarily related to the relationship with the security company that I work directly for. This company has poor communication skills, exhibits poor work habits, and has a horrible record of employee treatment. It is a regular occurance – more... for paychecks to be wrong, time off to be denied, and extreme levels of harassment and prejudice are exhibited toward employees. The labor board is constantly called by the Union, and acknowledgement of employees for exceptional work is only shown if the employee is related to a family member of the management team. Employees who are qualified for promotions are overlooked, and those who are underqualified are placed in important positions within the company that leads to an increased negative effect on employees. – less
Admin asst duties
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2013
This was a great job with exceptional people to work for. Pleasant environment - study related issues. Love it!
Adviser (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 17, 2013
Harvard is a great place to work. Smart people and great managers.
Productive workplace
Intern (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 10, 2013
A typical day at work was not stressful at all. All the colleagues were very helpful and always ready to show their job.
Great culture and mission
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 8, 2013
I worked at Harvard Law School, and the best part is certainly my colleagues and work/life balance.
Exciting and interesting place to work with chances to meet so many different people and experience different cultures.
Research Technician / Lab Management (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: meeting different people.
Cons: long hours and on call 7 days.
A typical day a work does not exist in research but I will try to do the best I can.
My day would start at 5am when I would start by setting up the lab and getting it ready for the other researchers. Then I would prepare my own experiments and while waiting in between steps I would check the lab stock and order what ever was needed. Next would be to – more... check the equipment and ensure that it was all running properly, if not I would then take the appropriate steps necessary to get what ever it was to function, By now the other researchers would be coming in and I would start helping them with what they needed and check on my own experiments. I would some times go over the lab inventory and contact vendors to get the best prices on equipment that we needed to replace, (I once negotiated a 15000 freezer down to 3000). This part of my job I really enjoyed.
My greatest achievements were my people skills and keeping such a high stress work place a fun but productive place to be,
Now I would finish up my experiments and check on every one else to make sure that they didn't need anything and then I would go home around 7pm.
The most rewarding part of my job was lab management...I really enjoyed working with people whether it be building operations, vendors, equipment repair or other staff. The feeling of accomplishment when you could get things done quicker and easier than most people was great,and I have always been a people person. – less
This is a productive place to work
Web Content Coordinator (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 3, 2013
I enjoyed working with my colleagues. The most enjoyable part of the job was our working together and having lunch together as well.
Great place to work for collaborative and innovative professional
Interim Assistant Dean of Research Administration (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 3, 2013
Harvard is an interesting and challenging place to work. With a large research portfolio, the opportunities are tremendous.
very nice
Secretary (Externship) (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 2, 2013
The co-wokers were very inviting. A typical day at work is research.
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAAugust 27, 2013
Great Institution. A lot of support on the job. Training encouraged. Good work-life balance