Harvard University Employee Reviews

Respectful, Insightful and Fun environment
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 10, 2017
I found the work atmosphere to be a very mutually respectful one, with insightful and fun activities to break up the work week. Good overall tone and support from management.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Salary
Dont ask for a day off
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 8, 2017
havent called in sick in over 2 years, and asked for a personal day to attend my aunts wake, and was told NO Sorry its not immediate family. Seriously?
Pros
Pay
Cons
Mgmt
World Class Education
Doctoral Student (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 7, 2017
Attending Harvard was an incredible opportunity to dive deeper into exploring how to improve the educational landscape for all students.
good environment
Teacher at Soldiers Field Park Children's Center (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2017
good environment
good balance
low pay
nice people
good hours
love my job
nice health insurance
annual salary very low
overall a good place to work
includes dental
Pros
free lunch, healthcare, dental care, good hours
Cons
low salary
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2017
great place to work
surrounded by great researchers
not too good family and work balance
has resources for great science
temporary job
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 21, 2017
great place to work , unfortunately it was a temporary job bur defintely I would do it again,
great job enviroment and the university services are very well organized
Absolutely the best place to work!
Instructional Designer/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 7, 2017
Intellectually stimulating atmosphere and encouragement to have some fun in the office now and then. Honestly, is the very best environment to thrive. Take advantage of the tuition break for the Harvard Extension School as well.
Working with students and helping them refine their writing skills and discover their artistic voices
Workshop Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 3, 2017
A typical day of work involves reading materials that have been submitted to me such as screenplays, television pilots, short stories, manuscripts and novels (fiction and non-fiction), and providing written and oral feedback. Days also include: telephone calls with students and clients, discussing their material and ways to advance and improve their projects, calls with industry professionals such as agents, producers, studio, network and cable company executives.

I am always learning from my colleagues new creative insights that improve my skills in providing students and clients with feedback about their work.

I'm managing assistants and interns and working with industry colleagues, including producers, agents, movie and television executives to attach actors and directors to material.

The hardest part of my job is constantly figuring out ways to make projects so they stand out in a highly competitive marketplace.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the discovery of new talent, and helping writers make great strides in elevating their work.
love working with kids
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Troutman, NCDecember 29, 2016
the best thing about the job is being able to interacting with the kids.. the teachers and administrators are wonderful and dedicated to what they do.
Pros
interacting with kids
Overall a great place to work
Reunion Campaigns, Harvard College Fund (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 23, 2016
A great mission: an institution that does great work to advance humanity in every way.

I have never had smarter or more hard-working colleagues than I do at Harvard.
great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 7, 2016
it was a great company to work for. Growth and expansion is a must within the company. Great team filled with lots of energy. I enjoyed all my time there.
Great Place to Work
Legal Contractor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 1, 2016
Encouragement from management, opportunities for growth across the University. Great people, open and accepting atmosphere.
Stimulating atmosphere
Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2016
I worked with managers that encourage personal growth. It is an intellectually stimulating environment and lots of opportunities to learn and collaborate
HBS was a great place to work
Associate Director, Administrative Technology Svs (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 3, 2016
HBS is filled with smart people who care. There is a definite emphasis on movement within the company and unusual growth opportunities.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 1, 2016
Stimulating on a daily basis. Good benefits and work environment. Plenty of opportunity to pursue intellectual interests and pursue opportunities on and off campus.
Productive and fun
Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2016
Everything is very excellent, The time management is a "must have".
Everyone is very helpful and respectful. I personally do Scheduling and reporting, Beyond basic desktop applications ect.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 7, 2016
Great place to work. Busy enviornment and very friendly and helpful colleagues.The most enjoyable aspect is the campus experience and the availability of participating in the activities throughout Harvard University.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with.
Cons
Many applications to learn
The school and its libraries are key-source in Near East and Central Asia art and architecture study
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 3, 2016
The institution is the oldest and largest devoted to the study and preservation of the records of the human past. The featured courses are stunning settings to learn the key skills of art-historical and image-based investigation. Through books and visual sources they reveal the meaning of architectural works and artifacts in their historical and geographical realms. The institution is an exciting place to grow professionally, to outline scientific questions in depth, and to propose better solutions for their solving.
Pros
Enjoyable discussions
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MASeptember 30, 2016
I really learned a lot about university billing. The pay was pretty good. I wish that the position could have become permanent. The Harvard square are is an exciting place and a great location for my daily commute.
Productive and fun work place where you get to cure cancer.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 28, 2016
I don't know what to say for this section. It depends on what you do or what your role here. Typically for a research assistant, you work long hour. Sometimes I stay past midnight and coming in during the weekend. But i love what I do because I think finding a cure for cancer is important.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvard University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3