Harvard University

Harvard University Employer Reviews

The Best Place to Work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 18, 2014
I have worked many places, none have come close to working at Harvard. Great opportunities, the benefits were insane, and I worked with good people.
One of the best higher ed places to work
Asst. Dir. for Finance and Grant Administration (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2014
The reputation of Harvard is accurate even when it comes to employee relations.
Productive and great benefits
Assistant Director of Operations and Security (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAFebruary 1, 2014
Great place to work, just tough commute. Have to pay to park, and not many options for commuter choices. Lots of opportunities, but a very political place to work.
Really welcoming environment to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great speakers that i was able to hear
Cons: just temporary position
I was lucky enough to get a temporary position at Harvard Kennedy School of Goverment which was very closely related to a past work experience. So I was able to start making a difference from day one and I really enjoyed my job.
Great Experiece
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 28, 2014
Great experience. I really enjoyed working for the Department of Psychology.
This was my first job straight out of high school
Administration Office Clerk (Former Employee), Boston MaJanuary 28, 2014
I really learned a lot working here, and was where I was able to take a part time after school job and turned it into a full time 2 year job.
Harvard University
Post-doctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 16, 2014
Harvard is an exciting and dynamic environment to work. The academic environment provides constant intellectual stimulation. The program I am a part of also encourages wide-ranging collaboration. They are also considerate of life-work balance and have been generous with providing me the freedom to manage my time as I choose.
Pleasant academic environment
Staff Writer/Editor (part-time) (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: access to musical, literary, academic events
Cons: limited vacation time
Nice to be part of an academic environment and enjoy the perks of access to discounted evening classes. Writing, editing, and producing seasonal newsletter. Inputting text for the weekly service pamphlet. Meeting and interviewing people of interest for the newsletter was the best part of the job. Quick turnaround for weekly service pamphlets and other – more... orders of service with accuracy a priority made for some stressful occasions, but nothing that couldn't be handled, and always produced a feeling of satisfaction in a job well done. – less
Staff Assistant, MBA Student and Academic Services (Former Employee), Allston, MAJanuary 6, 2014
The staff, teaching faculty, and students are great to work with. The management of the staff is not so great, no clear goals and employee development they managed up instead of down.
Easy-going and knowledgable staff
Intern (Former Employee), Harvard SmithsonianJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: monotonous work
Lots of filing and alphabetizing of telescopic plates. Learned to work quickly and efficiently. My supervisors were laid-back but very serious about their work. Carrying stacks of glass was the most difficult aspect of the job but learning all I could about astronomy was worth it.
Harvard
National Security Fellow (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 3, 2014
The world's finest academic institution.
Best professors, best courses.
Excellent facilities.
Place of high intelligent scholars
Research Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 30, 2013
You need to be smart and hard-working to survive at Harvard.
Wonderful and organized environment
Executive Assistant to Professor Michael E. Porter (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 23, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working at HBS. The management and HR staff are all top tier and it is a wonderful work environment.
Wonderful people bad managment
System Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 19, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: no overtime for all the long weekends
I am very thankful for the experience, but overall very bad management.
Great place to be!
Project Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 9, 2013
I've had the opportunity to work on different aspects of hte project and everyone here has been very supportive.
work hard and excellent
Research Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 5, 2013
This opportunity confirmed my micromanipulation technical in transgenic and knockout mice, and allowed me reviewed all of my embryonic techniques in successes performed and verified that bone marrow cells have multipotential differentiation potential for neuron regeneration. My technical performances surprised my supervisors.
Great Place to start your career
Staff Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 4, 2013
Working at Harvard is great, there are many opportunities to take a part in. The co-workers are always willing to help in areas needed. You have great management that is understanding. It is great.
Healthy work setting
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 3, 2013
Pros: everything
Excellent work setting with endless learning potential. Worked beside seasoned technologist and Radiologist .
This was a position of a research assistant to a scholar/author.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 25, 2013
This had to do with developing and organizing an archive of the history of Psychology and Religion. This collection involved thousands of books and perhaps a hundred boxes of related material for publication and and archive. these were materials involved in in the publication of many books and articles.
Highly Engaging Experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 5, 2013
This was my first experience in a laboratory setting. I really enjoyed being part of the Harvard community for a summer, and it fueled my desire to obtain additional research experiences.