Harvard University

Harvard University Employer Reviews

Staff Assistant, MBA Student and Academic Services (Former Employee), Allston, MAJanuary 6, 2014
The staff, teaching faculty, and students are great to work with. The management of the staff is not so great, no clear goals and employee development they managed up instead of down.
Easy-going and knowledgable staff
Intern (Former Employee), Harvard SmithsonianJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: monotonous work
Lots of filing and alphabetizing of telescopic plates. Learned to work quickly and efficiently. My supervisors were laid-back but very serious about their work. Carrying stacks of glass was the most difficult aspect of the job but learning all I could about astronomy was worth it.
Harvard
National Security Fellow (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 3, 2014
The world's finest academic institution.
Best professors, best courses.
Excellent facilities.
Place of high intelligent scholars
Research Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 30, 2013
You need to be smart and hard-working to survive at Harvard.
Wonderful and organized environment
Executive Assistant to Professor Michael E. Porter (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 23, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed working at HBS. The management and HR staff are all top tier and it is a wonderful work environment.
Wonderful people bad managment
System Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 19, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: no overtime for all the long weekends
I am very thankful for the experience, but overall very bad management.
Great place to be!
Project Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 9, 2013
I've had the opportunity to work on different aspects of hte project and everyone here has been very supportive.
work hard and excellent
Research Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 5, 2013
This opportunity confirmed my micromanipulation technical in transgenic and knockout mice, and allowed me reviewed all of my embryonic techniques in successes performed and verified that bone marrow cells have multipotential differentiation potential for neuron regeneration. My technical performances surprised my supervisors.
Great Place to start your career
Staff Assistant Intern (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 4, 2013
Working at Harvard is great, there are many opportunities to take a part in. The co-workers are always willing to help in areas needed. You have great management that is understanding. It is great.
Healthy work setting
Lead Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 3, 2013
Pros: everything
Excellent work setting with endless learning potential. Worked beside seasoned technologist and Radiologist .
This was a position of a research assistant to a scholar/author.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 25, 2013
This had to do with developing and organizing an archive of the history of Psychology and Religion. This collection involved thousands of books and perhaps a hundred boxes of related material for publication and and archive. these were materials involved in in the publication of many books and articles.
Highly Engaging Experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 5, 2013
This was my first experience in a laboratory setting. I really enjoyed being part of the Harvard community for a summer, and it fueled my desire to obtain additional research experiences.
what I learned
Courier Services (Former Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 4, 2013
I learned that the process of academic research is difficult, but extremely rewarding.
Ph.D. program
Ph.D. Candidate (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 16, 2013
Overall experience will be highly dependent on the advisor.
Great place to learn new skills
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 11, 2013
Boston/Cambridge is the most intellectually stimulating place I have ever been part of.
Very Important First Job
Database Manager (Former Employee), 1 Brookline Place, Brookline, MAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches, hour break
Cons: paid monthly
I began as an intern. From there I was able to develop with the institution gaining more access and having more responsibility. I learn how to manage a demographics database. Later becoming an equipment manager. Following that I participated in a longitudinal study on Multiple Sclerosis. I loved working with computers it was great. I worked in an office – more... setting which was also great. The environment was a mix between a school and a hospital. So there were administrators, doctors, students, and interns working all together. The most enjoyable part of the day was attending group meetings where people would share ideas and work on projects. – less
Education first, in all the right ways
Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: people and culture
They've had the most experience, but they've definitely learned how to create an educational institution. You will meet absolutely fantastic people here. At the end of the day, as long as you're ok with it being of and for education first and foremost, it's a fantastic place.
Helps pay the bills
Security Officer (Current Employee), Cambridge, MAOctober 7, 2013
I currently work as a Security Officer at Harvard University through Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. This review is primarily related to the relationship with the security company that I work directly for. This company has poor communication skills, exhibits poor work habits, and has a horrible record of employee treatment. It is a regular occurance – more... for paychecks to be wrong, time off to be denied, and extreme levels of harassment and prejudice are exhibited toward employees. The labor board is constantly called by the Union, and acknowledgement of employees for exceptional work is only shown if the employee is related to a family member of the management team. Employees who are qualified for promotions are overlooked, and those who are underqualified are placed in important positions within the company that leads to an increased negative effect on employees. – less
Admin asst duties
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2013
This was a great job with exceptional people to work for. Pleasant environment - study related issues. Love it!
Adviser (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 17, 2013
Harvard is a great place to work. Smart people and great managers.