Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Employer Reviews

CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Braintree, MAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: always learning something new
Cons: very busy, always on your feet. night shifts.
I worked at Harvard Vanguard for 9 years. I had previously worked with the same Chief pharmacist at BC/BS Medical East for 13 years. I loved working there. The pharmacy was always busy. You had to be fast and accurate. My favorite part of the job was the patients. I received two Key Contribution Awards and the Diamond Award for excellence in customer service. They always strived to go above and beyond for all patients. You were always on your feet and never much down time. The people and the patients there were really great.
nice place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Cambridge, MADecember 6, 2014
good opportunity to learn from experienced doctors and nurses.
Great fast paced,organized company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Medford, MANovember 19, 2014
• Provides designated clinical support daily
• Collects and enters vital signs on patients through Epic Care EMR
• Review clinicians referral module and provide authorization for scans/specialty appointments when needed
• Stock exam rooms daily with needed supplies
• Scheduled routine follow up appointments for Diabetic and Chronic Disease patients
• Performed necessary lab tests routinely; rapid strep tests, EKG’s, urine dipsticks, etc.
• Scheduled STAT appointments for MRI’s, CT scans, and ultrasounds
• Proficient with Epic Care Medical software
Pediatric Primary and Urgent Care Center
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Braintree, MANovember 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers, nurse's union
Cons: management system
Responsible for telephone and in-office triage of pediatric patients, immunizations, bladder catheterization, asthma therapy, medication administration. Most enjoyable part of the job is assisting parents in caring for their children. Making a difference, taking extra time to fully and clearly explain and demonstrate procedures to parents and patients to help them feel at ease during their visit.
great company to work for
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), west roxburyOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee, tea hot chocolate
Cons: two ten minute breaks, one hour lunch.
Very busy company, in a very friendly family oriented atmosphere. great management, great staff, excellent doctors.
Made me very confident in my organizational skills, taught me patience and attention to detail.
File Clerk (Former Employee), MassachusettsOctober 13, 2014
Pros: everyone was extremly friendly encouraging and helpful. i worked in a very comfortable enviornment.
Cons: not many opportunities to learn new things, duties were repetative
While working at Harvard Vanguard’s cooperate office, my main duty was to maintain and organize thousands of employee files and personal documents. I was able to acquire a greater sense of company security through a variety of legal documents including letters of employee hires, terminations, misconducts, harassment, employee reviews, salary increases, temporary leaves and awards of achievement.

Harvard Vanguard has taught me the importance of confidentiality and attention to detail, as I am able to successfully do both.
It is a great place to work
Dedicated Medical Assistant II- Internal Medicine (Current Employee), Somerville, MAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: my boss, co-workers, patients and the benefits
Cons: the commute
I love my job because of my patients and it offers great benefits and pay that you deserve. My boss is always there if I need to talk about anything whether it be work or just an issue I am having myself. My co workers are great! We are all aiming for the same goal, good patient care! My commute is the hardest part. If I didn't have the commute I would not leave. The most enjoyable part of my job is my patients, I love knowing that I am helping them,
Its multicultural,its one village honest clean and fast.
Medical Assistant I (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: its been a great opportunity for a work place...
Cons: it has become a long commute to work.
I dont have words to express nothing but good about my position and work place at HVMA. I love working in the pediatric dept. i love my nurses and staff. Its a busy place everyone does their part but work very well together and communication is important here. I work for one clinician two or more if needed.
Productive & fun work place
Medical (Current Employee), Medford, ORSeptember 5, 2014
I love my job. I have amazing co-workers who all get along great. We are a friendly enviroment & i enjoy taking care of children and being able to help to attend in them getting the proper care they need.
Great place to work!
MEDICAL ASSISTANT II (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 4, 2014
I began my career here and have learned so much along the way! Great mentors and colleagues!
Loved my nursing supervisor complete nurse advocate.
Registerd Nurse ob/gyn (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 4, 2014
Company is ok to work for but too much management. Many times instead of having time to do our job we would have to attend mandatory meeting and it was frustrating.
Was not what I expected it to be.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Needham, MASeptember 1, 2014
Co-workers were great, but the management was not transparent at all.
Harvard Vanguard
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Beverly, MAAugust 17, 2014
Great place to work with great people that work hard on a day to day basis.
Productive and friendly work place
Phlebotomy (Externship) (Former Employee), Roxbury, MAAugust 1, 2014
It's a great place to work in.Working as a Phlebotomist at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates was a very good experience for me I learned a lot there.The staff are nice and friendly.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Quincy, MAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: good health care benefits
Cons: short breaks, lack of staffing, lack of growth opprtunities
Welcoming patients entering practice. Verify demographics and insurance information. Collect copayments and past due balance.
Focus on patient experience and customer satisfaction.
Supervisors are available to help in case of any issues.
Lunch area with food for sale. Vending machines
Patient Access Representative, Dental Department (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit package. union membership and representation.
Cons: working on a saturday
Busy Dental practice which in my opinion needed more people to handle patient check-in; i.e. Two people on the front desk for new patient registration.
I learned how to use the Dentrix scheduling system.
Our direct supervisor was very nice.
She was professional, fair and easy to talk to.
All of my co-workers were great and helped me with any problems I had with the system.
The hardest part of the job was learning to correctly post procedures into the system.
I also had problems understanding the ego of one particular dentist.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that nobody's perfect.
Hit or miss with each site
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 12, 2014
HVMA has many clinical sites and each one is very different from the next. Perhaps it depends on the location, or the management, or the work culture that is created but, what you experience at one site may very well not go on at another one. I can only speak about the site I work at. A certain culture has been created that is not conducive to an individual's growth and advancement. There is no respect among the staff and management has a poor handle on the internal problems that plagues the site. Outwardly patients can sense the lack of cohesion among the staff as well.

This said, I cannot complain about the outstanding benefits that include HVMA paying 80% of your tuition up to $5,000 per year. You have the option to have them give you the money before you start the class as well.
Teaching Hospital
Medical Transcriptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 6, 2014
Pros: my co-workers, they are the best
Cons: mico management started 2013
Good morning to all who I come across. Right to work put requisitions in priority order and I transcribe until done. I interact with co-workers as need for work related issues and/or problem solving. Management has been the heardest to deal with but I am working on the adjustments that I don't understant, but it's happening across the network. I enjoy completing my work and pleasing my bosses when i do.
good benefits
Cpht Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Braintree, MAMay 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short staff
Very busy, time fly's by. Good benefits. Good co-workers. Not a very flexible schedule and sometimes short on staff.
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 15, 2014
Pros: salary, vacation, benefits
Cons: far from my dwelling
This workplace has a diverse and good work enviroment, employees get along well.

1 2 3 4

About Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

Non-profit multi-specialty Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates wants to be in the forefront of health care in Boston and surrounding – Read more