Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Employee Reviews in United States

Busy workplace
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MA 02481June 15, 2016
A typical day in the office consists of answering 100+ phone calls varying in context. I work with good coworkers who all work together and are willing to help. The hardest part of my job is when patients call upset and tend to start yelling. The most enjoyable part is working with my amazing coworkers.
Pros
flexibility with time off
Cons
high call volume- can be overwhelming
productive culture
Medical Assistant/Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 4, 2016
Great place to work, the work flow of my department varies we see a lot of elderly patients. They tend to rush in to be seen from the early start of fall until January and then they return early spring and we don't see most of them until early fall.patient oriented, they support there employees who want to further their education.
Outstanding Company to work for
Lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2016
Open clinic, calibrate equipment, perform quality assurance. Greet patients, patient educations, administer radioisotopes and perform imaginig.

All aspects of this position were outstanding from management to co-workers and Cardiology staff.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Supervisor for Visual Services Department (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2016
I make sure to be ready and out the door so I can get to work at least 30 minutes before ‘start time.’ That way if there are delays such as traffic I’m still on time for any meetings or important tasks. I check voice mail and the calendar, then plan my sit down work time around other things like meetings. Sometimes it’s hard to balance between being friendly and keeping on task, but people understand that I don’t like to chit chat during the day – I like to work.
Pros
FREE LUNCHES
Cons
NONE
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 9, 2016
I enjoy going to work everyday. I have fantastic co-workers and a supervisor that trusts that I will do the job to the best of my ability. The job is busy and I learn new things everyday.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
raises could be higher
Excellant Employer
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAMarch 21, 2016
Harvard Vanguard is an excellent employer and I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to work there for many years.

They consider their employees an Asset and reward them accordingly.

I would highly recommend this employer.
Fun and great place to do internship
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 22, 2016
I was an intern here, and the facility and staff were very open and nice to work with. I learned so much, and would highly recommend people to intern here or work here.
Overall good experience
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Kenmore Square, MAMarch 30, 2016
Good management, decent work/life balance. Some disruption among cohorts. Commute was not close or convenient. Clinicians were friendly and polite.
Pros
Hour long lunch, experience
Cons
Commute, pay, cohorts.
i love what I do
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MADecember 6, 2015
The company seems to be worried more about finances then on patient care, management doesn't have any clinical experience which makes it extremely difficult for MD's and clinical staff to agree on anything, hence why their MD/clinical staff turn over rate is so high. Other than that I love my job, I love my co-workers and I love my patients.
Pros
Wonderful patients, great co-workers
Cons
Commute, long days, short staffed, voice not heard by higher up management
Great learning opportunity
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMarch 7, 2016
Fast paced ophthalmologic practice. You will learn a lot under a great physicians, but be prepared to work. HVMA overall is a great place to grow.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons

Want to know more about Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates?

Ask a question
left in 2013
REFERRAL CO-ORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJune 29, 2016
The only reason I left my position was due to the fact that my department was relocated to another town and the commute was too much.
Pros
nice people
Cons
pay
Assist the paient and filling Medication providing Great Customer Services
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2015
Receive written prescription , refill requests and verify that patient information is complete and accurate
Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs
Answer telephones and respond to questions or requests
Fill bottles with prescribed medications and type and affix labels
Assist customers by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information
Enjoyable work group, good benefits,
Dedicated Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAOctober 19, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Harvard vanguard. It is driven by
analytic data for the business model but shared with the staff to
clarify and reinforce goals of the organization.

The Braintree location has drawbacks...parking, old building that has long since been sufficient work space for the staff and the patients. In need of serious remodel or better, new building.
Pros
salary
Cons
parking
great place to work
Pediactric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAApril 1, 2016
great company , patients and staff are their first priority. Great on site training , always room for growth within the company
Outstanding environment
Cardiac Stress Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 23, 2015
I have been fortunate enough to work for such an outstanding company with excellent benefits, and more importantly an excellent staff within the Cardiology specialty. The learning experiences I have had from our cardiologists has led me to be the confident technician I am today. I feel comfortable with my work, and have thoroughly enjoyed working with my fellow technicians, as well as my supervisor.
Pros
Great benefits, desirable hours, ability to travel
A very wonderful place to intern and learn
Phlebotomy (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 10, 2015
This was a wonderful place to intern at in general. There was a great amount of experiential learning involved in the time spent here. I was welcomed with immense positivity and trained very well. This made my time on the site result in greatly satisfying improvements of my skills. I also learned a lot about the job in a practical manner. There was a lot to learn at first, but that's what really transformed me in a good way and helped me develop in a multitude of skills.
Very busy job
Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, MADecember 7, 2015
Great supervision
Wonderful, knowledge co-workers
Enjoyed the Pt's I worked with
Very busy job
Learned a lot
Appreciated learning new skills
Pros
Gret co-workers
Cons
Pay
Fun work place
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 16, 2015
Its a great environment.Everyone is very friendly. Good health benefits and vacation time. Company offers workshops and tuition
reimbursement
Love The Patients
referral coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston MaNovember 23, 2015
they make my job great i love the patients they make me happy and make me love what i do i have been there for nine months and i love coming to work every day
Fast paced medical office
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Concord, MANovember 12, 2015
Amazing coworkers who are dedicated to our patients!
Excellent employee morale, always planning something fun for us to thank us for our hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Reviews by Location