Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates

Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates Employee Reviews

Equall Opportunity employer
Medical Assistant II, Adult Urgent Care Department (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2017
Equal opportunity workplace where I was fortunate to land a job with little or no experience at all. I worked in the Adult Urgent Care department, a pretty busy and fast-paced department. It is an unpredictable environment, which makes it hard for employees. On the other hand, team work spirit lessens the burden on all employees
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
short staffed sometimes
Great company/office to work for.
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wellesley, MAMay 19, 2017
The only reason I left my position at HVMA in Wellesley was because my position was transferred in to Kenmore and it was too much of a commute for me.
I was promoted from a Medical Secretary position to a Referral Coordinator within the Internal Medicine department. I thorough enjoyed being a Referral Coordinator due to the fact that it was a challenging position where I was interacting and assisting multiple patients a day.
The doctors that I worked for were so great to work with, friendly, always approachable, and could fully depend on me to complete any task they needed me for.
The most enjoyable part of my job was completing a task from beginning to end (i.e entering a new referral/order; obtaining the authorization, making the appointment and ordering any equipment if necessary) for the patients. I really made some great connections with many of the patients and also with employees from outside vendors.
Pros
Wonderful doctors to work for and staff; ability to take on more responsibility when seen to be fit.
good place
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Concord, MAMay 13, 2017
Good company but many changes in the past several years.
Work environment is challenging and there have been many difficulties with changes in healthcare. All in all it pays well and has excellent benefits.
Great place to work.
Project Manager, Real Estate / Facilities (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 12, 2017
Awesome, truly caring about great patient care. Lots of teamwork and team building events. Everybody strives to improve all systems to achieve a better patient experience.
Pros
Training
Cons
Under staffing sometimes - happens every where.
Comfortable environment
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2017
I love my job at Harvard Vanguard. They make your experience working there enjoyable. When you enjoy your work, the patients feel it, and they have an enjoyable experience as well.
Pros
friendly happy place
Cons
they dont like overtime
Of All the companies I worked for HVMA was the best especially due to my Supervisor.
Lab Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 27, 2017
As soon as I walk into work I go right to work. Go to computer check work emails. Start entering patients and pull their orders and call them in to draw blood. Making sure I identified them with 2 identifiers. Checking samples to make sure that is all they need and asking if there is any questions they have for me. I would then take the specimens and drop them off to where they would go to be centrifuged or not. I would proceed with pouring off urines. After specimens are centrifuged I would pour off frozen specimens .And separate refridgerated and room temperature. I would proceed to put all specimens on tracking list and wait for runner to pick up. Meanwhile I would proceed to draw more patients. Perform EKG's. As well as drawing children,teenagers and newborns for PKU's and bilirubins. Also answer phones and answer questions to Doctors,other Labs and patients. Fax forms and pull outside orders. Each day I am learning new things such as doing rapid flus and performing stat creatinine and stat urines for hcg. I loving learning new responsibilities. I loved my supervisor . She was 90% of why I stayed at HVMA. She was extremely bright,and very fair saw the good in what you did and would let you know right away. As well as if there was an issue it was addressed right away.She would always explain things presisely and expected it done that way. She recently took another job at Needham lab. We now have a new Supervisor who is also very nice and very bright but because the way things are changing at HVMA she will not be around as much. Which is fine. The other associates I work with  more... we all have worked together for a long time and we are like family and diversified. The hardest part of my job is sometimes we are so busy it is hard to process everything at the same time.Such as pouring off 12 urines and doing flus and stat creat and centrifudging lupus specimens and pouring off 2 times and tracking all specimens before the runner comes to pick them up. However I love a challenge and knowing I can do my job in a timely fashion efficiently gives me pleasure. I love seeing patients and making them smile. Knowing I made them feel comfortable and even made them laugh is the best part of my job. It is so worthwhile to me knowing I helped people.being a good listener.  less
Pros
hour lunch holidays
Fast p[ased healthcare organization
LIS System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 20, 2017
Fast paced health care organization that that is high on quality and strives to be customer oriented and actively seek feedback from their patients to improve service
Boston
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2017
Great company to work for. Great benefits, great doctors and great staff, Schedules are reasonable. Little to no travel required. Self improvement classes available.
Great
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant / Scribe (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2017
I don't see the point of me filling this section out if my information is kept confidential. I enjoy your site but does not see how this pertains to me finding gainful employment.
Former Employee Medical Specialty
Medical Specialty Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Very productive busy company. Staff and Mgrs were great. Room for advancement. Great training provided. Market salaries.
Pros
Good company. Parking available. One hr lunches.
Cons
Na
Performing job test
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 9, 2017
when the company was in Harvard Pilgrim and Partners it was nice to work, since they became Atrius things changed example some of the benefits : employee discount, T pass ect.
Pros
20 minutes coffee break and 1, hour lunch break
Cons
health insurance PTO 401k
benefits are great
Medical Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 3, 2017
Hvma is a great place for benefits. Human resources are knowledgeable so they are able to help you navigate the system and benefits very well. I would recommend it to anyone.
Good company
Staff (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2017
Good benefits and room to grow. Busy offices high service excellence standards. Overall a good place to provide good care to the patients. Morale is very important and the culture is slightly different depending where in the organization you are.
Held Multiple positions
Occupational Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAMarch 16, 2017
I held multiple positions while working for Harvard Vanguard. They allowed growth and even tailored a job to my specific abilities. Enjoyed my years there
Great place with a great team of prefessional, hard working people
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  medical assitantMarch 16, 2017
I have worked in two locations with Harvard Vanguard. Both places I was in pediatrics. I was responsible for working with one or two providers a day, rooming their patients, managing schedules, and managing referrals, and making sure patients had their medications on time. It was fast paced and I excelled in customer service. I was always informing the patients of wait times and what was happening with the provider they were seeing. I had great interactions with patients and I love helping people of any age! I like to go above and beyond for families, making sure they have a good positive experience at the doctors.
stress
Dedicated Medical Assistant/Call center (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 12, 2017
management needs improvement. Employees should be appreciated and respected more regardless of job title. Good workers should receive bonus and compensation
Great company to work for
Population Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 5, 2017
With no medical experience, I was taught everything I need to know in less than a month. I moved up quickly and continue to exceed. This company has excellent benefits and continuous room for growth.
Pros
benefits, 401k, growth
Cons
commute, tedious work
Cardiology
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 20, 2017
I learned many thing about heart attacks and what to look for and what the sign look like on a sonograph. I learned how to read blood pressure, do EKG's and draw blood.

Many of my Dr patients didn't speak english so before they came in I taught myself how to carry on a conversation in their language to best of my ability , I think it was the effort that made the difference.
Pros
Woking some of the best doctors.
Cons
Patients dying.
Workplace Culture
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wellesley, MAFebruary 16, 2017
Harvard Vanguard has great team players, we all help each other. I have been able to learn a lot while I have been there. I enjoy both adult and pediatric urgent care.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Distance
Support staff are great and benefits were awesome prior to 2017
Clinical Support Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2017
Work days are often good and the flow is nice.
10 years of great patient interaction and management.
Management is dealing with a large financial lost.
Culture is nice.
Managing operation when short staffed,
Seeing patients and staff satisfied
Pros
Low cost parking
Cons
Financial struggles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval