Harvey's Employee Reviews

fun and energetic work place
Office accounting member (Current Employee), Douglas, GAAugust 11, 2015
A typical day at work is fun and we keep each other going.
management is great as well and very understanding.
the hardest part of the job is trying to please upset customers.
the most enjoyable part is the fellow employees.
loved it
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSJuly 4, 2015
I was at Harvey's a long time and made some great relationships with my employers and coworkers. My health is the only reason I am not still there. I miss it often.
Productive place that can lead to more.
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee), Macon, GAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Ability to move up the ladder.
This place has a good work environment. It also is a good job that you can move quickly if you know what you are doing and how to be a team player. I have no regrets for working for this company, It showed and taught me things that would be vital in the future. And they have good benefits for part time and full time workers.
You can move up
Hopper (Former Employee), ocilla, gaMay 22, 2015
Harvey's is a good place to move up. Everyone helps everyone here, when you want to learn they will help you.This is a great place to be able to learn and go from the bottom to the top.
I love being part of the team
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Douglas, GAMarch 1, 2015
I like that the work with my school schedule. I love seeing my customers. I love interacting with them. The manager has compassion for family.
Great company
Cashier (Former Employee), Reidsville, GAJanuary 8, 2015
Great place to work at and very easy . Not one bad day.
Great manager and co workers.
Fast paced but rewarding job
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Folkston, GANovember 6, 2014
Very fast paced and thorough job but teaches abundant responsibility. Extremely rewarding job and great co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be staying on schedule while being completely sanitary. I gained a lot of work experience by working at Harvey's.
Very interactive with guests
Hostess and Waitress (Former Employee), Columbus, MSOctober 23, 2014
I was a server and a hostess. I took care of guests to the best of my ability. I worked curbside and also expo. Help assist the bartenders in getting glasses brought to the bar. Learned a lot about customer service.
Great Company
Concierge (Former Employee), Stateline, NvSeptember 26, 2014
Work was fun, learned a lot of customer service, management easy to get along with, co-workers friendly
Harveys
Cashier (Former Employee), Fitzgerald, GAJune 11, 2014
Cons: short breaks, rude managers, no benefits
I did enjoy working at Harvey's and I would consider going back if it was under better management and had a better choice of benefits. I worked hard when I was there and my customers loved me. I got along with all my co-workers and I never had any major problems with anybody. The only problem I had a Harvey's was my consent change in hours and shifts. Also, the management was not being fair when it came to scheduling and pay/hour.
awful company to work for
sales exec (Former Employee), englandMarch 30, 2014
Pros: two days off a week
Cons: hours, wages
worked for this company for just under a year.
the manager of my store was horrendous, no reviews, no coaching. lied and was only interested in himself.

the bonus structure is terrible and although i did very well hitting my KPI's, you cannot earn a decent wage.

overall i found harveys lacking in staff development, horrendous customer service, and not the best products.

think very carefully before working for these people.
Fun workplace overall
Team member (Former Employee), Madison, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: not enough pay from experience
while working at Harvey's you learn a lot with the experience of being able to work in every department.
Not enough hours or benefits
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Macon, GAJanuary 24, 2014
They typically do not offer enough hours for you to support your household when you are a single mother. I would have need two more part-time jobs to make up for the financial loss I was taking when working there and there also was no area to grow within the company.
Productive and Exciting
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Havana, FLDecember 31, 2013
One a daily basis the working environment is pretty steady paced except for monday that are usually a bit busier. I learned valuable custer service skills and prep skills. The managers ar pretty easy to talk to about whatever is needed and they stay on there workers in a way that still makes working there comfortable. All the workers there are friendly to both co-worker and customer and they see work as a chance to learn and grow together. The hardest part of the job is telling a customer that you cant help them with something that oes against store policy.And the most enjoyable part is meeting the new people everyday
NO RAISES AT ALL\no room for advancement
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: you meet some nice customers
Cons: no pay raises at all!
this company will tell you exactly what you want to hear to get you in the door. after you are hired it's a different story. trust me. ask anyone who has worked there. I personally know a couple of people that has been with this company for at least 3 years and they still make minim. wage! that's a disgrace. they give people false promises of future advancement positions when in reality you will always remain in the same spot that you came in when you walked in the door and if they do give you a promotion, you WILL NOT GET A RAISE. if you don't believe me please read all the past reviews.
it was good place to work
Grocery Manager (Former Employee), Havana, FLAugust 15, 2013
good place to work. Not good benefits. worked holidays long hours
Grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAJune 10, 2013
I would ring up items for customers. Was a really good place to work
Manager
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Lowell, INApril 14, 2013
I enjoyed working there. It was my first place of employment. I enjoyed the learning process.
easy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Donalsonville, GAJanuary 4, 2013
job easily done.
loved the cashier work-- counting down drawer, checking out customers.
A fun works place with the people you meet
cashier (Former Employee), Dublin, GADecember 17, 2012
Pros: lunch
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed working with the people that like to talk and joke and still get the job done. Talking and joking is what makes the time go by on the job. I like working in a place where there is friendly faces and no drama.
Headquarters