Harvey's Employee Reviews

Good place to work for a first part time job
Cashier / Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Eastman, GAJune 15, 2016
This is a good place to work if you are looking for part time positions, but there is little room to advance in this particular store, and there are very few full time positions.

Typically, you need a lot of customer service skills to work anywhere in the store.

I have learned more skills as a cake decorator, and added to my customer service skills here.
fast and easy to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be coming in and doing my work. I learned that they pack chicken in a lot of ways. the management was great. My co-workers was good to work with all the time. The hardest part of the job was to keep on time putting the food in the trays. The most enjoyable part of the job was to learn new things.
Pros
lunch time, picking good from bad checken, coming in every day
Cons
Havey's is a fast pace job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2016
I enjoy my working enviorment. I get to meet new people everyday. It's a very friendly workplace. We get to do different jobs. You are not stuck just doing one thing.
Pros
we have many job opportunities
Cons
all cashiers only work 30 hours
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAFebruary 19, 2016
Harveys was a great place to work at everybody got alone and we would help each other out. Working there was a fun and enjoyable time because you met new people all the time and you done what you had to do while working there and they would never give you problems if something was wrong they would check on you
Pros
helping learning together
Cons
not having help sometimes
productive every hour
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, GAApril 13, 2016
Day to day it can be busy during day and slow at night. The management was very helpful and so were the co workers. I learned how to operate a cash register, bag groceries, and stock shelves durng the day and at night.
Pros
great first time job
Cons
opportunity
work summary
Lisa Swords-supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blakely, GAJune 15, 2016
the work was not hard but it was made fun by positive and energetic employees. The hours were few and far in between with no chance of advancing your current job position,
good job
Deli-bakery manager (Current Employee) –  Gray, MEJune 2, 2016
7-5 great work shift, great employees, great customers and great management I love most of all the team work and great customer service experiences
Pros
good work hours
Cons
high turn over
low staff morale
Meat Manager (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJune 27, 2016
it used to be a fun place to work but after the buy-out , a lot of things have changed, including bonus, pay rate and job security.
Typical Day
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJanuary 28, 2016
When you walk in you let your supervisor that you're here, then he tells you what he wants you to do. You always knew what your time for coming in was. Everyone worked together to get the job done, if you didn't understand something you can ask a buddy and they will tell you .
OK place to work but nasty managers
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Americus, GADecember 23, 2015
This is a place you do not want to work. The managers are nasty people. They give you hours based on whether or not they like you. A lot of things aren't in order as they should be. People do not use professionalism in the store. Other than that, things are fine.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Short lunch times & breaks

Want to know more about Harvey's?

Ask a question
great place for a first job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adel, GANovember 12, 2015
It's a great place for a first job. It gives you a lot of experience with customer service, since you have a wide variety of customers. Not recommended for a long-term job though.
Pros
I love working customer service
Cons
management had a bad attitude and employees never got any hours
fun
Center Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Adel, GAJanuary 2, 2016
fast paced very fun work place interesting and i love my job i do well with adapting to new jobs and the hardest part is being in the freezer being cold
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Fast Pace and helpful environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 13, 2015
Harvey's is also a local business with daily specials. It is a very fast pace environment with numerous employees and one shift. I was able to meet a lot for people with this job and formed relationships with customers that will never be broken. The managers and employees are like family and everyone is willing to lend a helping hand.
Its a job
Dishwasher/Prep (Current Employee) –  Bay City, MISeptember 25, 2015
I currently work at harveys. They give me 20-25- per week and my scheduel keeps changing hours i need a job that will keep me working because i am availible at all hours and shifts nessasary.
Pros
free dinner when closing
Cons
hours are always changing but i will take them i do need them.
Lovett Cleaning Sweep
Front End Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 10, 2015
Working with the company of Lovett Cleaning Sweep Is and where the best work place I learn my skills in environment services. I work with the company over 10yrs,i develop myself in management, team leader and team work.
Pros
1hr
Cons
15to 20mins
Productive place that can lead to more.
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 23, 2015
This place has a good work environment. It also is a good job that you can move quickly if you know what you are doing and how to be a team player. I have no regrets for working for this company, It showed and taught me things that would be vital in the future. And they have good benefits for part time and full time workers.
Pros
Ability to move up the ladder.
fun and energetic work place
Office accounting member (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GAAugust 11, 2015
A typical day at work is fun and we keep each other going.
management is great as well and very understanding.
the hardest part of the job is trying to please upset customers.
the most enjoyable part is the fellow employees.
Harveys
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJune 11, 2014
I did enjoy working at Harvey's and I would consider going back if it was under better management and had a better choice of benefits. I worked hard when I was there and my customers loved me. I got along with all my co-workers and I never had any major problems with anybody. The only problem I had a Harvey's was my consent change in hours and shifts. Also, the management was not being fair when it came to scheduling and pay/hour.
Cons
short breaks, rude managers, no benefits
awful company to work for
sales exec (Former Employee) –  englandMarch 30, 2014
worked for this company for just under a year.
the manager of my store was horrendous, no reviews, no coaching. lied and was only interested in himself.

the bonus structure is terrible and although i did very well hitting my KPI's, you cannot earn a decent wage.

overall i found harveys lacking in staff development, horrendous customer service, and not the best products.

think very carefully before working for these people.
Pros
two days off a week
Cons
hours, wages
Productive and Exciting
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Havana, FLDecember 31, 2013
One a daily basis the working environment is pretty steady paced except for monday that are usually a bit busier. I learned valuable custer service skills and prep skills. The managers ar pretty easy to talk to about whatever is needed and they stay on there workers in a way that still makes working there comfortable. All the workers there are friendly to both co-worker and customer and they see work as a chance to learn and grow together. The hardest part of the job is telling a customer that you cant help them with something that oes against store policy.And the most enjoyable part is meeting the new people everyday