Harvey's Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced but rewarding job
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Folkston, GANovember 6, 2014
Very fast paced and thorough job but teaches abundant responsibility. Extremely rewarding job and great co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be staying on schedule while being completely sanitary. I gained a lot of work experience by working at Harvey's.
Very interactive with guests
Hostess and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 23, 2014
I was a server and a hostess. I took care of guests to the best of my ability. I worked curbside and also expo. Help assist the bartenders in getting glasses brought to the bar. Learned a lot about customer service.
Great Company
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Stateline, NvSeptember 26, 2014
Work was fun, learned a lot of customer service, management easy to get along with, co-workers friendly
Harveys
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GAJune 11, 2014
I did enjoy working at Harvey's and I would consider going back if it was under better management and had a better choice of benefits. I worked hard when I was there and my customers loved me. I got along with all my co-workers and I never had any major problems with anybody. The only problem I had a Harvey's was my consent change in hours and shifts. Also, the management was not being fair when it came to scheduling and pay/hour.
Cons
short breaks, rude managers, no benefits
awful company to work for
sales exec (Former Employee) –  englandMarch 30, 2014
worked for this company for just under a year.
the manager of my store was horrendous, no reviews, no coaching. lied and was only interested in himself.

the bonus structure is terrible and although i did very well hitting my KPI's, you cannot earn a decent wage.

overall i found harveys lacking in staff development, horrendous customer service, and not the best products.

think very carefully before working for these people.
Pros
two days off a week
Cons
hours, wages
Fun workplace overall
Team member (Former Employee) –  Madison, FLFebruary 6, 2014
while working at Harvey's you learn a lot with the experience of being able to work in every department.
Pros
experience
Cons
not enough pay from experience
Not enough hours or benefits
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 24, 2014
They typically do not offer enough hours for you to support your household when you are a single mother. I would have need two more part-time jobs to make up for the financial loss I was taking when working there and there also was no area to grow within the company.
Productive and Exciting
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Havana, FLDecember 31, 2013
One a daily basis the working environment is pretty steady paced except for monday that are usually a bit busier. I learned valuable custer service skills and prep skills. The managers ar pretty easy to talk to about whatever is needed and they stay on there workers in a way that still makes working there comfortable. All the workers there are friendly to both co-worker and customer and they see work as a chance to learn and grow together. The hardest part of the job is telling a customer that you cant help them with something that oes against store policy.And the most enjoyable part is meeting the new people everyday
NO RAISES AT ALL\no room for advancement
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GASeptember 18, 2013
this company will tell you exactly what you want to hear to get you in the door. after you are hired it's a different story. trust me. ask anyone who has worked there. I personally know a couple of people that has been with this company for at least 3 years and they still make minim. wage! that's a disgrace. they give people false promises of future advancement positions when in reality you will always remain in the same spot that you came in when you walked in the door and if they do give you a promotion, you WILL NOT GET A RAISE. if you don't believe me please read all the past reviews.
Pros
you meet some nice customers
Cons
no pay raises at all!
it was good place to work
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Havana, FLAugust 15, 2013
good place to work. Not good benefits. worked holidays long hours
Grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 10, 2013
I would ring up items for customers. Was a really good place to work
Manager
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lowell, INApril 14, 2013
I enjoyed working there. It was my first place of employment. I enjoyed the learning process.
easy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Donalsonville, GAJanuary 4, 2013
job easily done.
loved the cashier work-- counting down drawer, checking out customers.
A fun works place with the people you meet
cashier (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GADecember 17, 2012
I enjoyed working with the people that like to talk and joke and still get the job done. Talking and joking is what makes the time go by on the job. I like working in a place where there is friendly faces and no drama.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
It was a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, FLNovember 6, 2012
This job just gave me a little more experience with a cash register and customer service skills
Ran a cash register at check out
Retail/Sales (Former Employee) –  Fitzgerald, GASeptember 29, 2012
This was my very first job and I love communicating with others. There really wasn't a bad part about this job because I was happy about having a job while I was still attending high school.
Pros
everything was great
Cons
n/a
A fun, as well as laid back, place to work.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 25, 2012
My manager was very nice and willing to work with my schedule.
Growing company, provides excellent experience
Assistant Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandersville, GASeptember 19, 2012
Rapidly growing company. Very busy for the area. The company has good benefits but advancement can be difficult and the pay was a bit lackluster. Management was good but stern and strict. Always seemed to be lacking the proper amount of help but everyone worked together to maintain the counter and keep a proper amount of backup. Very fast paced environment. Gained excellent experience and enjoyed the work.
Pros
professional environment with good benefits
Cons
pay rate, advancement
Positive surrounding with great co-workers
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 10, 2012
A typical day at work consist of clocking in five minutes early and taking over for the morning cashier. The majority of my day is spent providing excellent customer service for the duration of the customer’s visit, which resulted in customer retention. For the past three years of working at Harvey's, there hasn't been any dual moments. The most enjoyable part of working at Harvey's is working around co-workers with different personalities, style, and culture. Everyday is a new challenge but I learn something new about my co-workers, the companies, and how to better my working skills.
Pros
benefits, friendly faces, and hoilday events
Fast paced, Excelent for advancement!
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJuly 5, 2012
Start and set up line, and prep sheets.
Fill out specials page.
Check for proper rotation of inventory.
Place produce order.
Follow chef's chceklist.
Prepare for, and execute service.