Harvey's

Harvey's Employee Reviews

Growing company, provides excellent experience
Assistant Market Manager (Former Employee), Sandersville, GASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: professional environment with good benefits
Cons: pay rate, advancement
Rapidly growing company. Very busy for the area. The company has good benefits but advancement can be difficult and the pay was a bit lackluster. Management was good but stern and strict. Always seemed to be lacking the proper amount of help but everyone worked together to maintain the counter and keep a proper amount of backup. Very fast paced environment. Gained excellent experience and enjoyed the work.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Albany, GaSeptember 5, 2012
Counting money in cash drawers, at the beginning of shifts to ensure the amounts are correct and that there’s adequate change. Receiving payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits, Issuing receipts, refunds, credits, or change due. Weighed items sold by weight to determine prices. Requested information or assistance using paging systems
Positive surrounding with great co-workers
Clerk (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJuly 10, 2012
Pros: benefits, friendly faces, and hoilday events
A typical day at work consist of clocking in five minutes early and taking over for the morning cashier. The majority of my day is spent providing excellent customer service for the duration of the customer’s visit, which resulted in customer retention. For the past three years of working at Harvey's, there hasn't been any dual moments. The most enjoyable part of working at Harvey's is working around co-workers with different personalities, style, and culture. Everyday is a new challenge but I learn something new about my co-workers, the companies, and how to better my working skills.
Fast paced, Excelent for advancement!
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSJuly 5, 2012
START AND SET UP LINE, AND PREP SHEETS.
FILL OUT SPECIALS PAGE.
CHECK FOR PROPER ROTATION OF INVENTORY.
PLACE PRODUCE ORDER.
FOLLOW CHEF'S CHCEKLIST.
PREPARE FOR, AND EXECUTE SERVICE.
deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 14, 2012
Pros: easy job
Cons: gossiping within the staff
Typical day at work consisted of preparing food, cooking, cleaning and restocking the floors. I enjoyed working with the customers on a daily basis which was the most fun for me because we had regulars.

About Harvey's

Food Lion is a king among grocery chains in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions where it operates about 1,345 supermarkets – Read more

Harvey's Salaries