Harvey Mudd College Employee Reviews

Great place to thrive
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Platt Campus CenterAugust 28, 2017
I worked at Mudd for the better part of 10 years. I was laid off at one point but jumped at a chance to return and work with the amazing students again. The working environment and colleagues are part of what makes Mudd great. The alumni are an amazing group of people as well. The small size of the college makes for a tight knit community with most employees staying for years. Benefits include (for part time as well) health insurance, retirement paid into by the college, tuition reimbursement for your children, and the ability to take a class at Mudd every semester. Oh, and the ice cream cart during the summer! I miss working here every day and would go back in a heartbeat if I moved back to California.
Harvey Mudd
Freelance Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CAJune 3, 2017
Working as a freelancer in house I will get multiple jobs with information and the deadlines I have to meet. While working here I learned all about publication design and designing for multiple platforms.
Pros
flexible hours, positive team environment
Cons
low pay
I go to College here, Work Study
Math Tutor ranging from Algebra (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CAApril 3, 2017
They pay well and I don't have to do any perpetration for work. They bought us food and have nice equipment for us to use. Pretty easy job give that I go to Harvey Mudd.
good enviorement
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CAJuly 4, 2016
great place to work always learning something new is this place is my first job in a college and learning how to serve a big mass of people in 2 hours
Pros
good lunch and dinner
Cons
summer, winter and spring breaks
A revolving door of stifled workers
Advancement (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Senior management does their best to prevent any change or growth. Entire departments get reevaluated and half the people fired with no cause other than their personal politics weren't as clever as their coworkers who eagerly throw them under the bus to save their own jobs. Expect back-biting among peers and poor leadership among supervisors.

Avoid leaving a good job for here because there is no job security. They may pay more, but you'll be gone in three years when the new VP fires everyone. And there's always a new VP or Dean looking to fire half a department to make his mark.
Pros
Good pay and benefits for the short time you'll be there.
Cons
Weak leaders, treacherous coworkers, endless politics.
Great student envolvement
Administrative Assistant, Dean of Students Office (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAJune 26, 2014
In the office, your day can be quiet or extremely busy. Tasks can be added or changed daily, depending on needs. The co-workers are great and friendly. The hardest part of the job was times when a students parents would pass away while they were at college. The most enjoyable was to see them succeed at the end of their four years.
Pros
Nice co-workers, great benefits.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Opportunity
Plant Operations/HVAC Mechanic/Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAMay 28, 2014
Great opportunity and environment for learning, adaptability, and accommodating service mentality.
Great colleagues but management gets in the way of real work
College Advancement (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAMarch 5, 2014
Minor decision-making includes too many voices across campus;
Resources not available to be successful with projects;
Antiquated systems
Pros
Nice coworkers, campus cafe serves starbucks
Cons
Indecisive management, too reactive vs. proactive