Harveys

Harveys Employer Reviews

Productive and always busy
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee), Homerville, GAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: 30 minute break
Cons: able to communicate with the customers
this job was a really good job for me because I was able to use my people skills to the best of my ability.
Cashiers and the customers make the day enjoyable.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: you will never get a raise! read the reviews
A typical day at work consist of opening the office and counting down all the tills at closing. The customers and the co-workers (not the upper management, "store manager" and "assistant manager") make the job enjoyable. What I have learned about this company is that they will tell you one thing to get you in the door but then "lie" and not go through – more... with their promises just to get you hired making you think that you have a good chance for advancing your career. The store manger is real good at this and this can be verified by a lot of the other co-workers at the store. *example* "there was a Position that opened up and the store manager promised this position to at least 6 other people even though he already had given the position to an employee that he was close to. He then goes on to admit that the only reason why he posted the position was to follow protocol and that by law he had to post the position on-line. These are some of the underhanded practices that go on at Harvey's everyday. There are even some co-workers that have been working there over 5 years and has NEVER had a raise. Please before you apply for this company please do your research. Maybe BI-LO will make some positive changes since they bought them out. – less
Greencove Harvey's and DC
cashier (Former Employee), GreencoveJune 18, 2013
Not sure if everyone knows this but this company has been bought out and the DC is shutting down along with the stores being converted into BiLO. Not sure if I would waste my time in a company that can care less about putting people on the streets. :(
VERY SAD!!!
The Patry's at Harveys
Slot Technician (Former Employee), Stateline, NVMay 6, 2013
Pros: steady easy going
Cons: low pay
Started out as restaurant worker then later went to college and became a Slot Technician. The people were great there,both customers and co workers. It truly was a fun family atmosphere. The Shop would plan and get together to go camping for a week at various lakes besides touristy Lake Tahoe. Did some traveling through Harrahs. Great Summer concerts.
worked with some awesome employees
asst manager (Former Employee), Reidsville, GAMay 6, 2013
Pros: trying produce in the dept
Cons: no overtime
was a wonderful learning experience learned more of how it is to be a asst manager in a huge store
Love the cashiers. Poor management.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Waynesboro GAApril 4, 2013
Pros: most staff and customers
Cons: management
Fun place to work unil you meet the management. They will throw you under the bus to save themselves. No place for advancement. No raises. They play favorites.
An OK workplace
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: nice customers, office experience, improved customer service
A typical day at work is pretty good due to everything and everyone (co-workers) being in order. I learned how to manage the front end of the store and how the money was being handled. Most of the people in management were fair and others were good to work with. My co-workers were overall a good team. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating – more... with the customers and providing the customer service they needed. – less
like working with co-workers
Bakery Manager (Current Employee), Waynesboro, GAFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: staying in the top 10 in sales and productivity company wide.
Cons: hours being cut drasticly.
i like working with all nationalities.taking care of customers in the way i like to be treated.going the extra mile to win our customers not only for that someone but for ourselves as well.
Fun Workplace with excellent employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 1, 2013
This was my very first job. I was in high school and I absolutely enjoyed every moment of it.
sucks
bager (Former Employee), lake city floridaDecember 7, 2012
I was a bager was hired for cashier never got there mangers suck and not nice to ppl at all i made it 1 week of work and worked 48 hours in one week and did not even get a brake just my lunch would never work for them again dont even shop they at all
WORST JOB EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cashier (Former Employee), swainsboro gaNovember 3, 2012
Pros: the little bit of money i do get
Cons: everything else
This is a horrible place to work. Rude customers, and even managers. All the manager cares about is himself. Horrible pay and unpredictable job hours. One day you could work 4 days a week, then the next you work 2 days. Wouldn't recommend applying!!
Highly TOXIC work environment
F/T Grocery Team Member (Current Employee), Albany, GASeptember 17, 2012
Pros: get to meet a few really good people
Cons: stone-age organization from top-to-bottom
I read the reviews other employees expressed and simply couldn't believe they were talking about the same company I work for! Harveys Supermarkets? The grocery chain, primarily located in south Georgia? In my 30 year career, I've never been associated with an organization loaded with more negative baggage. Constant turnover, poverty wages, clueless – more... leadership; don't have enough room to finish.
Typical day at work? Trying to keep your head above water while dealing with the mess left over from the day before. What I learned? To thank GOD for all the other companies out there that reward hard work, take decent care of their people, and have some clue that running a business like a 1920's sweat-shop is long-gone. Hardest part of the job: psyching yourself out enough to crawl in the door after 30 days or so. Most enjoyable part: Definitely a few very good people here...who also want out ASAP! Think I'm exaggerating? Just a disenchanted employee? If there's a store near you, give it a try! Then talk to me. With 35%-40% turnover, plenty of opportunity! – less
not enough pay for the work
meat cutter (Former Employee), donalsonville gaSeptember 16, 2012
Cons: pay dont match what they expect
the pay sucks,managment sucks.i left this company and make 3 dollars more an hour for less work at another company
Company soley based on customer service
Stocker (Former Employee), Albany, GAMay 22, 2012
My job was to unload the incoming cargo trucks, organize merchandise, and stock merchandise throughout the store.
work was well balanced never had disputes
stock crew (Former Employee), waycross, GAFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: extrodinary people
Cons: short breaks
just a great time overall. people easy to get along with. managers and employees were always helpful in any possible.
Great friendly place to work at!
Manager (Former Employee), Richmond hill, OntarioMarch 13, 2014
Pros: fun, friendly
Cons: teadeous doing the same job ex, grilling every shift
Worked there for a bit over a year, and was like family. Teaches you great people skills that everyone should know.
I enjoy working there, very fast paced and very friendly
Crew member (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJanuary 10, 2014
For the past few years, I've been working as a fry cook, the position makes you focus on quantity of food and the time it takes to cook the products. There is times in the summer temperature may reach over 35'C, and most employees may not take the heat. The co-workers and managers are very friendly and always willing to help with your problems.
Good to work as part of team
General sales (Former Employee), Chichester, ENGJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: ability to earn bonus
Cons: as i can think of.
Always something to do.All aspects of showroom left to me (Display,Ticketing etc)
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Romford, ENGDecember 5, 2013
Good job and got lots of experience but I left this for a reason which was I didnt like it
Slow
Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 28, 2013
Harvey's wasn't a great experience from the beginning hours sucked not much was learned and it was very unorganized.