Harveys Employee Reviews

Perfect
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylvester, GAAugust 7, 2017
This was my first job when I was a teenager. The hours and the management was great. It was very easy to manage my school work and job at the same time.
Hostile work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, PAJune 3, 2017
Management doesn't care about the employees. Thr employees do nothing but harass each other and cause problems. I quit because of being harassed at work and no one did anything about it.
it was great working with the people i worked with
perishable manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 30, 2017
a typical workday ...clock in start checking temp logs then go on to check dates before that make sure everything is full and looks good.always speak to customers order and do inventory.
Pros
co-workers were always a friendly bunch
Cons
always working on holidays
Nice job to have at first but hours will be cut eventually
associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2017
Hour cut and Managers are often switched out. With managers often being witches out the way the schedule will be set up often varies and is not very reliable for those who need to work consistently
Great Team Work
Server (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 1, 2017
The restaurant revolves around teamwork, and with it, the jobs of everyone is made so much smoother and easy going. Do your part to help others, and they will do the same.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Late notice on schedules for next week
Reasons
Bagger/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAOctober 16, 2016
The company is fine just starting out with a job. I'm just unhappy with working here and would like to find another job I may enjoy more. They will work around your schedule and will help you out by giving you more or less hours as you need.
Very productive workplace
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAAugust 22, 2016
The workplace was a good environment and it was very fast paced. The manager did not help out much on the front end. Work Life balance is good. Day shift.
Exciting Place to Work
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 24, 2016
Management team very knowledgeable and willing to train. on a normal day, I work the service desk and cash office. I relieve associates for break at the register as well as self check-out.
Productive and organized workplaces that increased my time management skills
Dining Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSApril 20, 2016
What I learned most from Harveys is how to manage my time while maintaining being a full-time student. During my five years Harveys, I have maintained a 3.0 GPA. I was also tasked with various jobs such as social media manager, coding invoices, checking in trucks. I was also placed on a marketing team, where I would go out and visit different businesses and tell them about our company. My place of employment has always been enjoyable. Being in the restaurant businesses you are faced with certain high-paced, quick-thinking situations. I feel that I have gained an incredible amount of knowledge from my time there.
Volunteer at boys and girls club
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMarch 10, 2016
An increasing number of children are at home with no adult care or supervision. Young people need to know that someone cares about them.
Boys & Girls Clubs offer that and more. Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of boys and girls by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and influence.Boys & Girls Clubs are a safe place to learn and grow – all while having fun. It is the place where great futures are started each and every day.
Very productive and fun to work at
Cashier/ Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 10, 2016
I've learned how to deal with having more responsibility and helping others when they really need it. Management is willing to help you anytime you really need it
Many jobs rolled into one.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 27, 2015
I would open store, open registers, unload trucks, merchandise the new merchandise arriving daily. I would also do maintenance, training and anything else aquired by the manager.
Very good place to work but in need of direction company slowly diying.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 1, 2015
At first very challenging with the President Joe Citizen, once Joe resigned the company went on a slow but critical downward uptight questioning everything, downsizing and laying off personnel. I don't believe Harveys will last much longer.
Pros
Good people (staff) alot of heart
Cons
Poor upper management
Harveys Review
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jesup, GAAugust 2, 2015
I started working at Harvey's at the age of 16 in High School. I started off as a cashier , it is a very demanding job, working weekends and holidays all the time can be a downfall. I did not get very many hours when I started off. I am now Customer Service Associate, I work 40 hours a week, I work mostly all weekends. Its a hard job trying to Supervise a team of people and keep customers happy. Overall its a great job that has gave me much needed experience.
Pros
Weekly pay, 40 hours, great management, friendly co-workers
Cons
30 minute lunch break, rude customers, being yelled at or cursed at, picking up the slack of others
Grill worker
Bagger/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sylvester, GAJuly 22, 2015
I've learned to remain professional at all times and never to let a customer get you out of character. Team Work. How to prep food and salads for the next day
overall it was pretty decent to work there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJuly 11, 2015
typical day: standing on my feet 6-8 hours a day, dealing with customers and management, but always smile on my face. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right, even if you want to disagree. co workers and management were fine. a few problems here and there but we worked through them.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
dealing with some egotisitcal managers
Productive and Organized work environment
Prep Cook/Bartender/Server/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 24, 2015
Day to day work evolves dealing with happy and unhappy people, communicating in a respectful manner toward management and co-workers, and learning new ways to better myself in the workplace. At HarveyS we strongly encourage team work and that is what makes HarveyS the best restaurant in Starkville, MS. The hardest parts of the job are the late hours and dealing with unhappy guest. The greatest part of the job is when everything has gone right with the guest and, the overall enjoyment, to see how happy we have made the guest at the end of their meal. Overall great place to work in Starkville, and wouldn;t work anywhere else with the positions that I worked.
Pros
Discounts on food between shifts, great work environment
Cons
shorts breaks, long double shifts
I liked spray painting very much
Lead painter (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHMarch 3, 2015
prep vinyl for paint
bring carts into paint booth
quality check
helped out in back putting product away
liked working with my coworkers
Pros
3rd shift
Cons
pay uneven
local grocery store
Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Springfield, GADecember 20, 2014
The experience I have had with this company hasn't been the greatest, but the company its self isn't to blame. The store level management team is what needs work. They shouldn't show so much favoritism and more recognition of the honest hard working associates.
Loved being a meat cutter.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAOctober 30, 2014
Come in at 5:45am strat cleaning a select section of meat counter. Then check for out of dates and make cutting list. As you pull meat to cut you should always be mindful of your inventory.You have until ten o`clock to at less two ever cut of meat in the case. Core is what they called it. Almost forgot price check for sell paper ad. Then mangament will inspect case for core, price, organiztion and cleanliness. We also have to unload truck if its truck day.Nothing make your day like a customer that is happy with there cuts of meat.
Pros
You now whats on sell frist.
Cons
Unsatified customers you can't please no matter what you did or didn't do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harveys. Our community is ready to answer.