Harveys Employee Reviews

Reasons
Bagger/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAOctober 16, 2016
The company is fine just starting out with a job. I'm just unhappy with working here and would like to find another job I may enjoy more. They will work around your schedule and will help you out by giving you more or less hours as you need.
Productive and organized workplaces that increased my time management skills
Dining Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSApril 20, 2016
What I learned most from Harveys is how to manage my time while maintaining being a full-time student. During my five years Harveys, I have maintained a 3.0 GPA. I was also tasked with various jobs such as social media manager, coding invoices, checking in trucks. I was also placed on a marketing team, where I would go out and visit different businesses and tell them about our company. My place of employment has always been enjoyable. Being in the restaurant businesses you are faced with certain high-paced, quick-thinking situations. I feel that I have gained an incredible amount of knowledge from my time there.
Very productive workplace
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Eastman, GAAugust 22, 2016
The workplace was a good environment and it was very fast paced. The manager did not help out much on the front end. Work Life balance is good. Day shift.
Volunteer at boys and girls club
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMarch 10, 2016
An increasing number of children are at home with no adult care or supervision. Young people need to know that someone cares about them.
Boys & Girls Clubs offer that and more. Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of boys and girls by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and influence.Boys & Girls Clubs are a safe place to learn and grow – all while having fun. It is the place where great futures are started each and every day.
Exciting Place to Work
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 24, 2016
Management team very knowledgeable and willing to train. on a normal day, I work the service desk and cash office. I relieve associates for break at the register as well as self check-out.
Very productive and fun to work at
Cashier/ Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 10, 2016
I've learned how to deal with having more responsibility and helping others when they really need it. Management is willing to help you anytime you really need it
Many jobs rolled into one.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 27, 2015
I would open store, open registers, unload trucks, merchandise the new merchandise arriving daily. I would also do maintenance, training and anything else aquired by the manager.
Harveys Review
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jesup, GAAugust 2, 2015
I started working at Harvey's at the age of 16 in High School. I started off as a cashier , it is a very demanding job, working weekends and holidays all the time can be a downfall. I did not get very many hours when I started off. I am now Customer Service Associate, I work 40 hours a week, I work mostly all weekends. Its a hard job trying to Supervise a team of people and keep customers happy. Overall its a great job that has gave me much needed experience.
Pros
Weekly pay, 40 hours, great management, friendly co-workers
Cons
30 minute lunch break, rude customers, being yelled at or cursed at, picking up the slack of others
Very good place to work but in need of direction company slowly diying.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 1, 2015
At first very challenging with the President Joe Citizen, once Joe resigned the company went on a slow but critical downward uptight questioning everything, downsizing and laying off personnel. I don't believe Harveys will last much longer.
Pros
Good people (staff) alot of heart
Cons
Poor upper management
overall it was pretty decent to work there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJuly 11, 2015
typical day: standing on my feet 6-8 hours a day, dealing with customers and management, but always smile on my face. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right, even if you want to disagree. co workers and management were fine. a few problems here and there but we worked through them.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
dealing with some egotisitcal managers
Productive and Organized work environment
Prep Cook/Bartender/Server/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 24, 2015
Day to day work evolves dealing with happy and unhappy people, communicating in a respectful manner toward management and co-workers, and learning new ways to better myself in the workplace. At HarveyS we strongly encourage team work and that is what makes HarveyS the best restaurant in Starkville, MS. The hardest parts of the job are the late hours and dealing with unhappy guest. The greatest part of the job is when everything has gone right with the guest and, the overall enjoyment, to see how happy we have made the guest at the end of their meal. Overall great place to work in Starkville, and wouldn;t work anywhere else with the positions that I worked.
Pros
Discounts on food between shifts, great work environment
Cons
shorts breaks, long double shifts
Loved being a meat cutter.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAOctober 30, 2014
Come in at 5:45am strat cleaning a select section of meat counter. Then check for out of dates and make cutting list. As you pull meat to cut you should always be mindful of your inventory.You have until ten o`clock to at less two ever cut of meat in the case. Core is what they called it. Almost forgot price check for sell paper ad. Then mangament will inspect case for core, price, organiztion and cleanliness. We also have to unload truck if its truck day.Nothing make your day like a customer that is happy with there cuts of meat.
Pros
You now whats on sell frist.
Cons
Unsatified customers you can't please no matter what you did or didn't do.
productive and fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adel, GAApril 24, 2014
a typical day at work is helping customers find items their looking for and checking them out in a timely manner while maintaining excellent customer service, ive learned that customers like to take their time shopping but quick at check out, management at the particular one i work did not uphold company policy, my co workers for the most part were awesome, the hardest part of the job is remembering codes, the most enjoyable part is getting to deal with happy customers
Pros
customers
Cons
management
An OK workplace
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 26, 2013
A typical day at work is pretty good due to everything and everyone (co-workers) being in order. I learned how to manage the front end of the store and how the money was being handled. Most of the people in management were fair and others were good to work with. My co-workers were overall a good team. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with the customers and providing the customer service they needed.
Pros
nice customers, office experience, improved customer service
The Patry's at Harveys
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  Stateline, NVMay 6, 2013
Started out as restaurant worker then later went to college and became a Slot Technician. The people were great there,both customers and co workers. It truly was a fun family atmosphere. The Shop would plan and get together to go camping for a week at various lakes besides touristy Lake Tahoe. Did some traveling through Harrahs. Great Summer concerts.
Pros
steady easy going
Cons
low pay
Fun, Busy, And great Experience
Book keeper/ office team member (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GADecember 12, 2013
It be mostly Busy. I learn alot how to supervise and handle office procedures. It has helped me be better at customer service and productive throughout my day. The hardest part of my day I must say is making sure the store is left in better condition then when I arrived and that all customer leave happy.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, nothing free
like working with co-workers
Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAFebruary 11, 2013
i like working with all nationalities.taking care of customers in the way i like to be treated.going the extra mile to win our customers not only for that someone but for ourselves as well.
Pros
staying in the top 10 in sales and productivity company wide.
Cons
hours being cut drasticly.
local grocery store
Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Springfield, GADecember 20, 2014
The experience I have had with this company hasn't been the greatest, but the company its self isn't to blame. The store level management team is what needs work. They shouldn't show so much favoritism and more recognition of the honest hard working associates.
Worst job ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cashier (Former Employee) –  swainsboro gaNovember 3, 2012
This is a horrible place to work. Rude customers, and even managers. All the manager cares about is himself. Horrible pay and unpredictable job hours. One day you could work 4 days a week, then the next you work 2 days. Wouldn't recommend applying!!
Pros
the little bit of money i do get
Cons
everything else
Grill worker
Bagger/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sylvester, GAJuly 22, 2015
I've learned to remain professional at all times and never to let a customer get you out of character. Team Work. How to prep food and salads for the next day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harveys. Our community is ready to answer.