Harveys Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun to work at
Cashier/ Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 10, 2016
I've learned how to deal with having more responsibility and helping others when they really need it. Management is willing to help you anytime you really need it
Many jobs rolled into one.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 27, 2015
I would open store, open registers, unload trucks, merchandise the new merchandise arriving daily. I would also do maintenance, training and anything else aquired by the manager.
Very good place to work but in need of direction company slowly diying.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 1, 2015
At first very challenging with the President Joe Citizen, once Joe resigned the company went on a slow but critical downward uptight questioning everything, downsizing and laying off personnel. I don't believe Harveys will last much longer.
Pros
Good people (staff) alot of heart
Cons
Poor upper management
Harveys Review
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jesup, GAAugust 2, 2015
I started working at Harvey's at the age of 16 in High School. I started off as a cashier , it is a very demanding job, working weekends and holidays all the time can be a downfall. I did not get very many hours when I started off. I am now Customer Service Associate, I work 40 hours a week, I work mostly all weekends. Its a hard job trying to Supervise a team of people and keep customers happy. Overall its a great job that has gave me much needed experience.
Pros
Weekly pay, 40 hours, great management, friendly co-workers
Cons
30 minute lunch break, rude customers, being yelled at or cursed at, picking up the slack of others
Grill worker
Bagger/Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sylvester, GAJuly 22, 2015
I've learned to remain professional at all times and never to let a customer get you out of character. Team Work. How to prep food and salads for the next day
overall it was pretty decent to work there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAJuly 11, 2015
typical day: standing on my feet 6-8 hours a day, dealing with customers and management, but always smile on my face. I learned that no matter what the customer is always right, even if you want to disagree. co workers and management were fine. a few problems here and there but we worked through them.
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
dealing with some egotisitcal managers
Productive and Organized work environment
Prep Cook/Bartender/Server/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSApril 24, 2015
Day to day work evolves dealing with happy and unhappy people, communicating in a respectful manner toward management and co-workers, and learning new ways to better myself in the workplace. At HarveyS we strongly encourage team work and that is what makes HarveyS the best restaurant in Starkville, MS. The hardest parts of the job are the late hours and dealing with unhappy guest. The greatest part of the job is when everything has gone right with the guest and, the overall enjoyment, to see how happy we have made the guest at the end of their meal. Overall great place to work in Starkville, and wouldn;t work anywhere else with the positions that I worked.
Pros
Discounts on food between shifts, great work environment
Cons
shorts breaks, long double shifts
I liked spray painting very much
Lead painter (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHMarch 3, 2015
prep vinyl for paint
bring carts into paint booth
quality check
helped out in back putting product away
liked working with my coworkers
Pros
3rd shift
Cons
pay uneven
local grocery store
Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Springfield, GADecember 20, 2014
The experience I have had with this company hasn't been the greatest, but the company its self isn't to blame. The store level management team is what needs work. They shouldn't show so much favoritism and more recognition of the honest hard working associates.
Loved being a meat cutter.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAOctober 30, 2014
Come in at 5:45am strat cleaning a select section of meat counter. Then check for out of dates and make cutting list. As you pull meat to cut you should always be mindful of your inventory.You have until ten o`clock to at less two ever cut of meat in the case. Core is what they called it. Almost forgot price check for sell paper ad. Then mangament will inspect case for core, price, organiztion and cleanliness. We also have to unload truck if its truck day.Nothing make your day like a customer that is happy with there cuts of meat.
Pros
you now whats on sell frist.
Cons
unsatified customers you can't please no matter what you did or didn't do.
Great at making sure that they met people needs
Stocker and bagger (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 13, 2014
Made sure that everyone needs was met and made sure everyone did there jobs to the fullest.
not a bad first job.
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, GAAugust 9, 2014
It is an ok first job, However i do not recommend it as a full time position.
Pros
good opp to build customer service skills
Cons
pay
CASHIER
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Donalsonville, GAJuly 2, 2014
SCAN GROCERIES PARTICIPATE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE BAG GROCERIES
Fun Work Place
Asst. Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAJune 27, 2014
I enjoy working with the public, enjoy my customers at this store. love my co-workers
very nice atmosphere to work
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Sylvester, GAMay 26, 2014
bi-lo is a wonderful company to work for, strict in building a productive employee. the hardest part of job duty is breaking down a 2500 piece truck three days a week. My favorite is getting to know the customers and there shopping habbits
productive and fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adel, GAApril 24, 2014
a typical day at work is helping customers find items their looking for and checking them out in a timely manner while maintaining excellent customer service, ive learned that customers like to take their time shopping but quick at check out, management at the particular one i work did not uphold company policy, my co workers for the most part were awesome, the hardest part of the job is remembering codes, the most enjoyable part is getting to deal with happy customers
Pros
customers
Cons
management
Fun, Busy, And great Experience
Book keeper/ office team member (Current Employee) –  Douglas, GADecember 12, 2013
It be mostly Busy. I learn alot how to supervise and handle office procedures. It has helped me be better at customer service and productive throughout my day. The hardest part of my day I must say is making sure the store is left in better condition then when I arrived and that all customer leave happy.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no benefits, nothing free
Productive and always busy
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Homerville, GAOctober 25, 2013
this job was a really good job for me because I was able to use my people skills to the best of my ability.
Pros
30 minute break
Cons
able to communicate with the customers
Cashiers and the customers make the day enjoyable.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 16, 2013
A typical day at work consist of opening the office and counting down all the tills at closing. The customers and the co-workers (not the upper management, "store manager" and "assistant manager") make the job enjoyable. What I have learned about this company is that they will tell you one thing to get you in the door but then "lie" and not go through with their promises just to get you hired making you think that you have a good chance for advancing your career. The store manger is real good at this and this can be verified by a lot of the other co-workers at the store. *example* "there was a Position that opened up and the store manager promised this position to at least 6 other people even though he already had given the position to an employee that he was close to. He then goes on to admit that the only reason why he posted the position was to follow protocol and that by law he had to post the position on-line. These are some of the underhanded practices that go on at Harvey's everyday. There are even some co-workers that have been working there over 5 years and has NEVER had a raise. Please before you apply for this company please do your research. Maybe BI-LO will make some positive changes since they bought them out.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
you will never get a raise! read the reviews
Greencove Harvey's and DC
cashier (Former Employee) –  GreencoveJune 18, 2013
Not sure if everyone knows this but this company has been bought out and the DC is shutting down along with the stores being converted into BiLO. Not sure if I would waste my time in a company that can care less about putting people on the streets. :(
VERY SAD!!!