Harveys

Harveys Employee Reviews

Productive and Organized work environment
Prep Cook/Bartender/Server/Expeditor (Former Employee), Starkville, MSApril 24, 2015
Pros: Discounts on food between shifts, great work environment
Cons: shorts breaks, long double shifts
Day to day work evolves dealing with happy and unhappy people, communicating in a respectful manner toward management and co-workers, and learning new ways to better myself in the workplace. At HarveyS we strongly encourage team work and that is what makes HarveyS the best restaurant in Starkville, MS. The hardest parts of the job are the late hours and dealing with unhappy guest. The greatest part of the job is when everything has gone right with the guest and, the overall enjoyment, to see how happy we have made the guest at the end of their meal. Overall great place to work in Starkville, and wouldn;t work anywhere else with the positions that I worked.
I liked spray painting very much
Lead painter (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHMarch 3, 2015
Pros: 3rd shift
Cons: pay uneven
prep vinyl for paint
bring carts into paint booth
quality check
helped out in back putting product away
liked working with my coworkers
local grocery store
Service Lead (Current Employee), Springfield, GADecember 20, 2014
The experience I have had with this company hasn't been the greatest, but the company its self isn't to blame. The store level management team is what needs work. They shouldn't show so much favoritism and more recognition of the honest hard working associates.
Loved being a meat cutter.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Saint Marys, GAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: you now whats on sell frist.
Cons: unsatified customers you can't please no matter what you did or didn't do.
Come in at 5:45am strat cleaning a select section of meat counter. Then check for out of dates and make cutting list. As you pull meat to cut you should always be mindful of your inventory.You have until ten o`clock to at less two ever cut of meat in the case. Core is what they called it. Almost forgot price check for sell paper ad. Then mangament will inspect case for core, price, organiztion and cleanliness. We also have to unload truck if its truck day.Nothing make your day like a customer that is happy with there cuts of meat.
Great at making sure that they met people needs
Stocker and bagger (Former Employee), Brunswick, GASeptember 13, 2014
Made sure that everyone needs was met and made sure everyone did there jobs to the fullest.
not a bad first job.
Deli Worker (Former Employee), Pembroke, GAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: good opp to build customer service skills
Cons: pay
It is an ok first job, However i do not recommend it as a full time position.
CASHIER
Cashier (Former Employee), Donalsonville, GAJuly 2, 2014
SCAN GROCERIES PARTICIPATE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE BAG GROCERIES
Fun Work Place
Asst. Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Waycross, GAJune 27, 2014
I enjoy working with the public, enjoy my customers at this store. love my co-workers
very nice atmosphere to work
Stocker (Current Employee), Sylvester, GAMay 26, 2014
bi-lo is a wonderful company to work for, strict in building a productive employee. the hardest part of job duty is breaking down a 2500 piece truck three days a week. My favorite is getting to know the customers and there shopping habbits
productive and fun place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Adel, GAApril 24, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: management
a typical day at work is helping customers find items their looking for and checking them out in a timely manner while maintaining excellent customer service, ive learned that customers like to take their time shopping but quick at check out, management at the particular one i work did not uphold company policy, my co workers for the most part were awesome, the hardest part of the job is remembering codes, the most enjoyable part is getting to deal with happy customers
Fun, Busy, And great Experience
Book keeper/ office team member (Current Employee), Douglas, GADecember 12, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: no benefits, nothing free
It be mostly Busy. I learn alot how to supervise and handle office procedures. It has helped me be better at customer service and productive throughout my day. The hardest part of my day I must say is making sure the store is left in better condition then when I arrived and that all customer leave happy.
Productive and always busy
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee), Homerville, GAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: 30 minute break
Cons: able to communicate with the customers
this job was a really good job for me because I was able to use my people skills to the best of my ability.
Cashiers and the customers make the day enjoyable.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Waynesboro, GAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: you will never get a raise! read the reviews
A typical day at work consist of opening the office and counting down all the tills at closing. The customers and the co-workers (not the upper management, "store manager" and "assistant manager") make the job enjoyable. What I have learned about this company is that they will tell you one thing to get you in the door but then "lie" and not go through with their promises just to get you hired making you think that you have a good chance for advancing your career. The store manger is real good at this and this can be verified by a lot of the other co-workers at the store. *example* "there was a Position that opened up and the store manager promised this position to at least 6 other people even though he already had given the position to an employee that he was close to. He then goes on to admit that the only reason why he posted the position was to follow protocol and that by law he had to post the position on-line. These are some of the underhanded practices that go on at Harvey's everyday. There are even some co-workers that have been working there over 5 years and has NEVER had a raise. Please before you apply for this company please do your research. Maybe BI-LO will make some positive changes since they bought them out.
The Patry's at Harveys
Slot Technician (Former Employee), Stateline, NVMay 6, 2013
Pros: steady easy going
Cons: low pay
Started out as restaurant worker then later went to college and became a Slot Technician. The people were great there,both customers and co workers. It truly was a fun family atmosphere. The Shop would plan and get together to go camping for a week at various lakes besides touristy Lake Tahoe. Did some traveling through Harrahs. Great Summer concerts.
worked with some awesome employees
asst manager (Former Employee), Reidsville, GAMay 6, 2013
Pros: trying produce in the dept
Cons: no overtime
was a wonderful learning experience learned more of how it is to be a asst manager in a huge store
Love the cashiers. Poor management.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Waynesboro GAApril 4, 2013
Pros: most staff and customers
Cons: management
Fun place to work unil you meet the management. They will throw you under the bus to save themselves. No place for advancement. No raises. They play favorites.
An OK workplace
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee), Brunswick, GAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: nice customers, office experience, improved customer service
A typical day at work is pretty good due to everything and everyone (co-workers) being in order. I learned how to manage the front end of the store and how the money was being handled. Most of the people in management were fair and others were good to work with. My co-workers were overall a good team. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with the customers and providing the customer service they needed.
like working with co-workers
Bakery Manager (Current Employee), Waynesboro, GAFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: staying in the top 10 in sales and productivity company wide.
Cons: hours being cut drasticly.
i like working with all nationalities.taking care of customers in the way i like to be treated.going the extra mile to win our customers not only for that someone but for ourselves as well.
Fun Workplace with excellent employees
Cashier (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJanuary 1, 2013
This was my very first job. I was in high school and I absolutely enjoyed every moment of it.
sucks
bager (Former Employee), lake city floridaDecember 7, 2012
I was a bager was hired for cashier never got there mangers suck and not nice to ppl at all i made it 1 week of work and worked 48 hours in one week and did not even get a brake just my lunch would never work for them again dont even shop they at all

Harveys Salaries