Hasbro, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun job and great company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Although the job was Seasonal, it was a great company to work for.
Terrific co-workers and management was fantastic.
Hardest part of the job is that it is very physically demanding.
Pros
great pay
Cons
seasonal
Nice place to work but with little morale
Corporate Insurance Manager (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 23, 2017
Day to day operations are boring and there is very little morale in the Finance building in East Providence. If you are part of a small team then there is little exposure to meet other people unless you are directly working with them in your department.
Pros
1/2 day Friday workday
Cons
30 min lunch, 8:00am-5:15pm workdays
Excellent Company
Retail Merchandiser - South Austin (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Hasbro has made moves over the years to make itself a leader in the toy industry. They continue to secure top franchises and expand. As a retail merchandiser, it was my job to ensure our products and features were all set at each location. I had an excellent manager who encouraged and assisted in ensuring my success. Across several industries and other work experience, I still find some of the best leadership having come from this organization.
Pros
Flexibility; One of the best companies in its industry if not the best
Cons
Not much room for advancement or pay increase in my position
Fun workplace and friendly people!
Graphic Designer - Packaging (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Overall experience was wonderful. Very nice company to work for. Learned a lot from fellow peers and training was impecable. Everyone is out to help one another. hAS GOOD WORK MORAL THROUGHOUT THE COMPANY.
Great place to intern, poor prospects for full hire
Integrated Play Intern (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 2, 2017
I loved my time at Hasbro, met some amazingly talented people and got to work with some surprisingly interesting technologies. The culture there is great. People really take pride in their work and have a strong sense of responsibility for their products having a positive influence on the world. My supervisors were awesome.

On the negative side, on my team i didnt get much of an opportunity to learn from more senior employees.

And while Hasbro hires a ton of temps and interns each year, they very rarely hire people to full time positions after that. It seemed that they pretty much accross the board dont hire fresh grads. So if you want to intern somewhere that may lead to a job in the future at the company you interned at, it may not be the best place for you.
Pros
Great people, great culture
Cons
Pay isnt great, bad prospects for future emlpoyment
fun productive work environment
Temp (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 12, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Hasbro, I only wished I was able to work with the Boys Toys Team. and that i lived closer to being in-house.

besides that, everyone was very pleasant with upbeat productive attitudes.
Amazing, Collaborative Environment
Growth Channels Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 15, 2016
Hasbro was an amazing place to have my internships in college. I got a great taste of what it is like to be a professional. The company really cares about their employees and value everyone's work.
fun workplace, opportunity to be creative
Associate Brand Manager - Children Toy Industry (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 9, 2016
great work environment
fun culture
not enough full time permanent positions
Toy industry is competitive
a typical day at work was very busy with lots of meetings, fun people
Pros
free lunches at times
Awesome Experience
Precision Molding (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 31, 2016
The company is a awesome place to work. If I did not need to move I would still work there. They pay you on time and they treat you with respect. The salary is also not that bad as well.
Don't Believe The Hype
Designer (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIOctober 11, 2016
Pros: If you are a sadistic megalomaniac, you will go far at this company, with the full support of management, human resources and legal.

Cons: You will be managed by people who are comically unqualified to manage personnel, especially if you are in a design role. Despite what its public face may lead you to believe, this is the most unprogressive, over-working, under-paying and demoralizing company I have ever worked for, in my many years working in other corporate environments. If you are a recent college graduate and think that working here will be like working at Google or Amazon, you will be tragically disappointed.

Advice to Management: Sell your company to someone who didn't receive their management training from depression-era textbooks. You are totally blind to how your low-level managers treat their direct reports - it's shameful and embarrassing.
Pros
No personnel management experience necessary.
Cons
No personnel management experience necessary!!!
Amazing people
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 28, 2016
Amazing Place to grow your career. Great leadership and opportunities to grow as a professional. Good benefits and travel opportunities.
Best company ever!!
Production Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 17, 2016
Really, overall Hasbro was a great company. The management of course was not that great, but the benefits are fantastic. Half-day Fridays, all Major Holidays off, Monday to Friday work, vacation, sick days, movies, toys. I started my retirement early form Hasbro and moved to Maine.
Pros
Half-day Fridays, 2weeks vacation start, paid sick days, movies, toys, awesome gifts at employee events.
Cons
Management and so many consultants.
Great place to work and grow your personal brand
Global Brand Execution Intern (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 14, 2016
Hasbro has been a wonderful place to work. They strive to become one of the best place s to work and this is truly a great place to work. Managers serve as great mentors to foster growth and career development
Great working environment
Product Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 26, 2016
I was given a lot of trust on building a concept/doing research/making prototypes. Great people to work with - everyone is really creative and helpful.
Pros
lots of flexibility
Cons
less leadership on projects than expected
High learning curve
Copy Editor/Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 11, 2016
The high learning curve and additional demands of the position not described during the interview, combined with a somewhat oppressive atmosphere, did not make this an enjoyable position for me.
job was OK
Play-DOH Assembly/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Central Falls, RIJune 1, 2016
The company had long twelve hour rotation schedule which is unsafe. Management was less noticeable and safety was not top priority.
good place to work
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMay 22, 2016
not good with employees, no team environment, not good with benefits and managers. No supervisors on hand, bad work environment.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Toy making is serious business but it can be fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMay 11, 2016
For the most part my years at Hasbro were very good ones. I started out in an entry level position, however I was given the opportunity to grow professionally and was lucky enough to have had managers who encouraged me to reach outside of my comfort level in order to assist me with reaching my career goals.
Pros
Half day Fridays is an excellent perk, allows more time to spend with family and friends
Cons
Longevity and job security is a thing of the past
Great company to start a sales carreer
Regional Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 2, 2016
It would be unfair to rate this company as it has been over 29 years since I worked there. At the time it was a fantastic experience and I truly enjoyed selling the portfolio
Daily communication with Upper Management
Mgt Representative/Technical Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAMay 1, 2016
“Daily communication with Upper Management” regarding the several Certifications achieved by the company are as follows: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, SGP and three Chain of Custody Certifications. I create documentation according to the Standards set forth by these certifying bodies while maintaining compliance. Scheduling of external and internal audits annually. My co-workers are all 383 employee's, as we all work together, communicate and perform internal audits, relating to the Standards. The hardest part of my job is also the most enjoyable part, which is, maintaining compliance with Standards that are always being updated.
Pros
Healthcare, salaried position
Cons
No room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hasbro, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.