Hasbro, Inc. Employee Reviews

laidback environment
Rapid Prototype Technician (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 18, 2016
working at Hasbro was fun and laidback at the same time management always seek to get the most productivity of the employees.
Pros
half day fridays
Cons
turnover ratio is too high
Great Company to work for!
Merchandising Representative - Temporary/Holiday (Former Employee) –  London, KYJanuary 2, 2016
I love working with Hasbro. I have been employed with them for 5 years now. It just is too bad I cant work all year round. I usually start around September and finish in December. The pay is wonderful! I have learned over the years where every toy in walmart is. The hardest part would be finding my product and making sure it was represented in the correct area.I enjoy setting up the displays and making my product look good to consumers. I do get to work with my mother, who is full time year round, which is great and lucky. We have so much fun working together. We both have strong work ethics, so its great when we can see how well we have done at the end of our day. I love doing merchandising and Im very good at it. I understand all that goes into the marketing of our products.
Pros
Working around people, good exercise, and fun to do
Cons
sometimes hard when stores are busy, people thinking I work for walmart and asking where other products in the store are
Excellent place to work!!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 9, 2015
I work really hard as a designer here. Long hours and a lot of organized process but it is worth it when I love what I do, with a sense of pride and well deserved praise and recognition from my management.

They really recognize the problems and remedy to fix the problems. Everyone has a job and they work as a team.

Life work balance is enforced and half day fridays. We work hard by we play hard too.

Free snacks that are not just lame snacks, but nice quality ones that anyone can appreciate. If you're gluten free vegetarian or a meat eater, its well stocked. And the drinks in the vending machines are cheap!

Plenty of parking, friendly coworkers and really organized here. I love the process here. People really take pride in their work.

I do wish they allowed dogs though. They lower my blood pressure!

Upper management is easy to approach and talk to. Open door police. Love that!
Pros
Bagel Fridays, company wide Movie days, friends and family discounts, half day fridays, team work and fun coworkers
Cons
Some contractors give up months before their contract is up, No longer dog friendly.
Co-workers are VERY helpful which makes you feel motivated to help others
Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MADecember 6, 2015
Managers care for their employees very much which is a positive. Because of the fact your on a assembly line all day you develop a skill to be quick and percise.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
long periods of sitting
Amazing and fun place to work
temporary hire (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 3, 2015
Hasbro was everything I'd hoped it would be, they were professional but still managed to have fun with what they did. It was an honor to have worked there.
Productive and fun workplace with a devoted and focused team of employees.
Rapid Prototyping Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 21, 2015
Hasbro was a great place to work. I was able to learn about different aspects of the design process of a toy along with learning about 3D prototyping and model making.
Great company to work for, compassionate
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 20, 2015
choosing which days to work in the week is up to the merchandiser
typical day- driving to store, meeting with store manager and department manager, straightening shelves with Hasbro product and restocking from warehouse is there is product, cleaning up after by taking cardboard to compactor and meeting again with department manager and suggesting what needs to be ordered.
The district manager is a very generous and compassionate person, when she works with you she normally took you to lunch.
Co workers, usually worked alone or at the holiday season hired a helper that was wonderful.
Hardest part - getting cooperation from store management teams
Enjoyable part - knowing you did a great job for your stores
Pros
choosing the days you wish to work, working alone, 401 K
Cons
can't think of a thing
Digital Content and Media within established brick-and-mortar global company
Producer, International (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 20, 2015
Managed web properties in western europe in alignment with US branding and commerce goals. Great production team within larger brand and marketing group. Opportunities for growth.
Fun Place to Work
TRANSFORMERS Team Toy Design Co-op (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 17, 2015
Fun place to work but seemed like people were in and out all the time and the focus shifted to marketing from design. Lots of great ideas but don't expect them to go anywhere if the narrow mind cant see it.
Pros
Fun People
Cons
Disillusioned Managment
Retail Merchandiser Part-Time
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Only part-time/seasonal work. Great company, great part-time benefits. Management okay. Lots of paperwork and mailings.
Benefits
Cons
Boring, climbing ladders, unpacking product
Graet Place to Work
Merchandiser/ seasonal (Former Employee) –  BayareaJuly 14, 2015
Hasbro was a great company . No advancement and only Seasonal. great coworkers and excellent supervisor. Work Independently.
Pros
Variety of Stores and build professional Relationships
Cons
seasonal, no advancement
Productive fun place to work with creative outgoing employees.
Intern, Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 13, 2015
It was an amazing experience. I was able to learn from highly experienced managers and executives as well work closely with several teams throughout the company. I was able to take skills and experience from this opportunity that match perfectly into what other employers are looking for in my field.
Pros
Lots of Perks, Toys, Food, Movies, Etc.
Innovative workplace in product development
Project Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJune 18, 2015
With the many brands at Hasbro, there is growth happening in every way with a need for extremely innovative product design.
Global and Innovative company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIApril 23, 2015
This is a strong and stable company, that offers lots of opportunities. Management does a good job making their employees feel valued, and are given great brands to work on.
productive work place working with toys
Packing and assembly (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at Hasbro was normal. It was the same thing everyday so at one point it got boring. I learned that the company's products had to be right at all times. The rates have been up and down for years but now they are good and the company is doing wonderful. My Co-Workers were so nice. Most of them were older than me. They showed respect at all times and helped me out when I needed it. The hardest part about the job was going into the job at 2:45Pm to 10:45AM in the summer time because when you work in a warehouse it feels like your away from everything. I always felt like I was missing something. The most enjoyable part about working at Hasbro was that I got to see and put together childhood game board games that I haven't seen or played in years.
Productive and fun place to work
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket RIFebruary 13, 2015
Assisting customers with calls in regards to complaints with a one call resolution. Was impowered to satisfy customer on 1st call.

manager and co-workers were helpful and pleasant.

Satisfying the customer was the best part of the job. knowing I could use all tools to do so without management approval
Fun place to work
Business Manager - Walmart (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 11, 2015
Fun place to work. Office space is the best I ever worked in.
Unique business model.
Management and leadership is engaged in day to day.
Co-workers are willing to help.
Hardest part of the job is understanding the Toy business
Great Holiday party
Pros
halfday every friday
Cons
compensation
Good company to work for
Production Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 30, 2015
Toy company fun to work at salary a little low. Managment allowed you to work independantly. Many long time employees. Long paid time off around christmas, Half day Fridays in summer.
Best Company To Work for
Sr. Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket RIJanuary 29, 2015
 Processed High Volume of Vendor, Intercompany and Importation Invoice’s
 Lead, Supervised and Coordinated Activities of workers engaged, in calculating, posting and verifying duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
 Partnered with the Latin American Markets
 Oversee Accounts Payable Entries
 Three Way Matching both manual and electronic
 Administrated the Reconciliation of Monthly Credit Cards statements for 1500 employees across Latin American Countries
 Processed Intercompany Invoice using ERP/SAP and Sonda
 Performed monthly reconciliation of balance sheets accounts in a timely basis.
 Prepared monthly journal entries necessary for completing financial statements, including quarterly reports to all share holders.
 Performed random audits on Payroll Tax returns to ensure accuracy of Payments
 Conducted Wire transfer on both international and domestic accounts
 Assisted in the Process of Coding and Entering vendor invoice’s
 Responsible for creating and editing vendor information.
 Executed an Audit project in Brazil, Mexico, Columbia, Peru and Chile.
 Evaluated associates performance
 Prepare annual financial statements of Company’s 401(k) and pension plans.
 Created Purchase Orders per Requisition
Productive and never stuck in one place for to long.
RMO (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day would be me driving to different stores in different cities. I would show up log in and get with the DM of toys. We would go over some merchandise questions for my surveys and other questions that the corporation needed to know about. I would set displays and pull product to the floor. I would help in any Hasbro item that I could help with. After servicing the stores for that day I would come home and update surveys and rely any information that was collected for that day through power point office 365, outlook 365 web app and emails through their web site. I learned how other stores operate differently but along the same lines. I worked alone most of the year, the only time I would have a co-worker would be around Christmas to help out with fright. The hardest part of the job I would say was to get everything done in the amount of time given. Driving to 3 cities for 8 stores with only10 hours a week to work with, this including drive time was a little tight but managed. I enjoyed helping the store workers, they were a joy to see. I also liked that I got to travel, so I was never stuck in one place for to long.