Hasbro, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Daily communication with Upper Management
Mgt Representative/Technical Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAMay 1, 2016
“Daily communication with Upper Management” regarding the several Certifications achieved by the company are as follows: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, SGP and three Chain of Custody Certifications. I create documentation according to the Standards set forth by these certifying bodies while maintaining compliance. Scheduling of external and internal audits annually. My co-workers are all 383 employee's, as we all work together, communicate and perform internal audits, relating to the Standards. The hardest part of my job is also the most enjoyable part, which is, maintaining compliance with Standards that are always being updated.
Pros
Healthcare, salaried position
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Associate Industrial Designer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 1, 2016
I worked on a short-term contract with Hasbro. Each member was passionate about their work which only inspired others to do the same. The staff were fun and light-hearted but focused. This lead to a very enjoyable time working for a great company.
High learning curve
Copy Editor/Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 11, 2016
The high learning curve and additional demands of the position not described during the interview, combined with a somewhat oppressive atmosphere, did not make this an enjoyable position for me.
Great company to work for!!
Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 13, 2016
A typical day at Hasbro was very enjoyable.
I learned a lot about the inner workings of the toy industry.
Management was very easy going.
My co-workers were easy to get along with and eager to help.
Preparing shipping test.
Working with the latest toys...
Successful, Driven company focused on Brand Execution
Replenishment Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 23, 2016
Great place to work with strong team environment. Hasbro has really strengthened it's focus on Brand Execution and developing a full-faceted brand experience.
Great company to work for
Consumer Care Intern (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIApril 20, 2016
I enjoy helping to solve consumer issues regarding Hasbro products. I have learned that good customer service leads to a great customer experience.
good place to work
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMay 22, 2016
not good with employees, no team environment, not good with benefits and managers. No supervisors on hand, bad work environment.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Great Culture
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIApril 19, 2016
Great Culture, Great Product, Experience will vary greatly depending on team placement. Management still struggling to embrace current culture
Great People
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Great people to work with. Challenging work with difficult time lines. Total meetings per week is reasonable. Too many temps not enough open req's to accommodate the need.
Pros
1/2 Day Fridays and Free Snacks!
Cons
Temp Only
Great Company to work for!
Merchandising Representative - Temporary/Holiday (Former Employee) –  London, KYJanuary 2, 2016
I love working with Hasbro. I have been employed with them for 5 years now. It just is too bad I cant work all year round. I usually start around September and finish in December. The pay is wonderful! I have learned over the years where every toy in walmart is. The hardest part would be finding my product and making sure it was represented in the correct area.I enjoy setting up the displays and making my product look good to consumers. I do get to work with my mother, who is full time year round, which is great and lucky. We have so much fun working together. We both have strong work ethics, so its great when we can see how well we have done at the end of our day. I love doing merchandising and Im very good at it. I understand all that goes into the marketing of our products.
Pros
Working around people, good exercise, and fun to do
Cons
sometimes hard when stores are busy, people thinking I work for walmart and asking where other products in the store are

Want to know more about Hasbro, Inc.?

Ask a question
A great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAApril 22, 2016
Staff members were enjoyable and a joy to work with. I loved working there! Very good compensation and benefit packages.
Co-workers are VERY helpful which makes you feel motivated to help others
Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MADecember 6, 2015
Managers care for their employees very much which is a positive. Because of the fact your on a assembly line all day you develop a skill to be quick and percise.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
long periods of sitting
laidback environment
Rapid Prototype Technician (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJanuary 18, 2016
working at Hasbro was fun and laidback at the same time management always seek to get the most productivity of the employees.
Pros
half day fridays
Cons
turnover ratio is too high
Great company, fun culture, fantastic people
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 8, 2016
Hasbro is a great company with a fun culture and fantastic people. In fact, its the people are what make Hasbro so special.

A typical day on the job consists of meetings with cross functional teams to ensure sales are on track with glide paths, development schedules are on time and all the global regions are aligned with strategies.

The leadership at Hasbro is extremely smart, experienced and passionate about the business and its people. Hasbro has a great education program where you can get training to hone your skills. I learned a lot and added techniques to my own knowledge base about how to more effectively manage dynamic teams.

The hardest part of the job is managing all the relationships, politics etc. globally. Hasbro is a large matrixed organization that requires a lot of alignment and influence to get things done. If you are not a polished relationship manager you may find it difficult to get things done at a high level.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the children and putting smiles on their faces.
Pros
Half day Fridays and great people
Cons
Work life balance is stressed and at times unrealistic
Great company to work for, compassionate
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 20, 2015
choosing which days to work in the week is up to the merchandiser
typical day- driving to store, meeting with store manager and department manager, straightening shelves with Hasbro product and restocking from warehouse is there is product, cleaning up after by taking cardboard to compactor and meeting again with department manager and suggesting what needs to be ordered.
The district manager is a very generous and compassionate person, when she works with you she normally took you to lunch.
Co workers, usually worked alone or at the holiday season hired a helper that was wonderful.
Hardest part - getting cooperation from store management teams
Enjoyable part - knowing you did a great job for your stores
Pros
choosing the days you wish to work, working alone, 401 K
Cons
can't think of a thing
Excellent place to work!!
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CADecember 9, 2015
I work really hard as a designer here. Long hours and a lot of organized process but it is worth it when I love what I do, with a sense of pride and well deserved praise and recognition from my management.

They really recognize the problems and remedy to fix the problems. Everyone has a job and they work as a team.

Life work balance is enforced and half day fridays. We work hard by we play hard too.

Free snacks that are not just lame snacks, but nice quality ones that anyone can appreciate. If you're gluten free vegetarian or a meat eater, its well stocked. And the drinks in the vending machines are cheap!

Plenty of parking, friendly coworkers and really organized here. I love the process here. People really take pride in their work.

I do wish they allowed dogs though. They lower my blood pressure!

Upper management is easy to approach and talk to. Open door police. Love that!
Pros
Bagel Fridays, company wide Movie days, friends and family discounts, half day fridays, team work and fun coworkers
Cons
Some contractors give up months before their contract is up, No longer dog friendly.
Amazing and fun place to work
temporary hire (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIDecember 3, 2015
Hasbro was everything I'd hoped it would be, they were professional but still managed to have fun with what they did. It was an honor to have worked there.
Digital Content and Media within established brick-and-mortar global company
Producer, International (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 20, 2015
Managed web properties in western europe in alignment with US branding and commerce goals. Great production team within larger brand and marketing group. Opportunities for growth.
Fun Place to Work
TRANSFORMERS Team Toy Design Co-op (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 17, 2015
Fun place to work but seemed like people were in and out all the time and the focus shifted to marketing from design. Lots of great ideas but don't expect them to go anywhere if the narrow mind cant see it.
Pros
Fun People
Cons
Disillusioned Managment
Productive and fun workplace with a devoted and focused team of employees.
Rapid Prototyping Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 21, 2015
Hasbro was a great place to work. I was able to learn about different aspects of the design process of a toy along with learning about 3D prototyping and model making.