Hasbro, Inc.

Hasbro, Inc. Employer Reviews

lots of toys
Policy Analyst (Current Employee), East ProvidenceSeptember 10, 2013
Good Cmpany to work for. Have 1/2 day Friday. Hasbro is a company that does alot in its community and I like that.
Tedious, unsafe job
Design Intern (Former Employee), East Longmeadow, MASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: cute little old lady worked in the cafeteria, toy store
Cons: hectic, stressful
- Bitter staff
- Lied to by management about relocation
- Never ending web of do nothing managers
- Didn't learn anything
- Went to work each day not knowing if my job would be there the next day
- Thankless
- Suggestions fell on def ears
- Kind people worked there who worked hard and did not get the thanks they diserve (someone was being forced to – more... retire, young people were getting strung along and paid WAY less than they should have, etc.) – less
I had a challenging job and good benefits.
Material Planner (Former Employee), East Longmeadow, MASeptember 3, 2013
I reviewed my paper requirements daily on the computer and made changes that were indicated by the system.

Using computer tools ,I accessed information about my delivery needs for the next day.With a report as my guideline, I contacted suppliers to be sure that desired paper deliveries would be made.

My interaction with my supervisor was minimal. – more... I made most decisions on my own and preferred that I was left alone. I also was very busy and had little time to interact with my co-workers.We would try to interjection quick moments of humor throughout the day to relieve the tension.Everyone was busy in our office.

Having daily deadlines could prove to be very stressful if suppliers were not giving us sufficient notice regarding delays. Working with my boss and co-workers to resolve an issue was satisfying in those situations.

I enjoyed my daily routine, resolving the issues that came up while making sure that thing were all set for the days ahead. – less
My Dream Job
EXECUTIVE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Pawtaucket, RI.August 28, 2013
Pros: your the boss. and you prove yourself everyday
Cons: it can get ugly on the road in december in north carolina. snow
Had three Kmarts per day to sell all toys under Hasbro. This totaled over 500 items. My duties started with assessing inventory on shelves and backroom of store. Providing each store manager with a list of future toys coming to market. Give a detailed list of inventory of toys on hand and which needed to be ordered to keep shelves stocked.
Set up future – more... placement of displays for toys on future ad weeks.
Stocked shelves, organized back-stock and negotiated placement of featured ad displays for best sales.
The hardest part of the job is trying to sell future drop shipments of toys for Christmas in July. Most toys were made in China and needed a lead time of three months to get to America.
Trying to explain to a executive buyer he needs to buy a thousand nerf bow and arrows in July is hard, but if you miss the buy-in you will not get any more then what you ordered.
The greatest thing about working with Hasbro was everyone loved toys. Everyone wanted to see the new thing. Even managers in there fifties acted like kids when you showed them the new GI JOE. – less
Good company to work for
SAP BO & CFS Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 21, 2013
Good Company to work for. Great environment. Takes care of employees
Great place to work, very political, and will stab you in the back.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Renton, WAJuly 19, 2013
My work day consisted of delivering and processing mail and shipping. I would set up room for special events as needed and run the product room for the employees. I learned that you should always be kissing your bosses behind if you want to keep your job. The boss I had put me on a performance improvement plan in January for such things as crossing – more... my arms during team meetings, coming in to work to early and not answering e-mails to him and his crony fast enough. When I successfully completed the PIP he eliminated my job title, renamed it from mail room clerk and called it Facilities assistant and gave the job to one of his friends. – less
Hasbro Inc. has been a great company to work for. I have had the opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills alot in the ten years spent here.
Customer Financial Service Team Lead (Current Employee), East Longmeadow, MAJune 19, 2013
Pros: free games and toys and working hours.
Cons: due to shared services my job will be relocated at our corporate office making me unemployed.
My typical day at Hasbro Inc. is to oversee a Team in regards to an assigned portfolio; to accomplish the necessary research and validation of deductions taken by our customers.
To provide leadership and assistance to my co-workers, to assure compliance to all of Hasbro's business policies and practices.
Also, to achieve my collections goals by maintaining – more... productivity and escalating issues to proper levels of management.
I've had the opportunity to work with a great team of individuals in which I've learned a lot from, especially how important teamwork is. – less
Fast Paced, Fluid Environment
Involved in all aspects of sales planning (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 23, 2013
Hasbro is proof that work can be fun. Everyday was a new challenge. The partnerships and relationships built over my years at Hasbro will last a lifetime.
steady work.great learning experience
Senior electrician (Current Employee), east longmeadow maMay 17, 2013
i support production machinery and maintain facility.a typical day involves trouble shooting breakdowns and performing scheduled pm's.i regulary work with engineering to meet production needs.i work with the saftey department to implement saftey procedues and keep machinery and building in safe condition.
Productive family oriented workplace
Project Manager Intern (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIApril 2, 2013
I learned all about the design and development process from concept start to shipping out product to stores. A really great place to work. Co-workers enjoy their jobs and are happy to help led you in the right direction.
Great people, fantastic product and properties. Professional, fun place to work.
Senior Product Design Manager (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIMarch 28, 2013
Relaxed yet challenging atmosphere. Team setting with cross-disciplines really helped me learn much more about the business than what my individual role might have allowed.
Great place to work part time job but a fun place
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), El Paso TexasMarch 20, 2013
Pros: great support from management
Contacted several store per week worked about 15 hours per week
Good benefits, culture needs help
Sr. Coordinator (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIMarch 11, 2013
Good benefits, culture needs help. You can be a rock star one day and out the next.
Fun! and Great People but not too stable
Retail Merchandising (Former Employee), Pawtucket, RIFebruary 28, 2013
You get to play with toys and talk to customer in the store environment, its really individually driven which is nice for flexibility but can get lonely and it is a dying art so there are less and less opportunities for it.
fun and caring place
Assembly Line (Former Employee), East Longmeadow, MAFebruary 12, 2013
Loved working the assembly line and boxing things. Also loved my co works and looking at the New games .
Loved this company, many of the products were toys I played with as a child
Retail Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee), ArkansasFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: working with toys, meeting new people, hours and pay
Cons: management is condescending, loud and rude to store management and department manager
Typical day included traveling from store to store within a given territory, walking the toy department and taking notes as to what was out on the shelves and stocking the shelves from out of the backrooms. The hardest part of this job was being let go like a piece of yesterdays garbage, after years of dedication. I miss my position with this company – more... everyday, but not sure I would go back if asked. – less
Working conditions were pleasant
Retired (Former Employee), East Longmeadow, MAJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: health care, holidays, pension plan, 401k
I was assigned to 3 machines and would set up the required items
to run the machines. At times I would set up different color changes
as required.
Sometimes the hardest part of the job would be coming into my
shift and would have to finish off the prior shift plus my shift, but
didn't happpen too often.
It's not the type of workplace the press is making out to be.
Sr. Graphic Designer (Former Employee), East Longmeadow, MAJanuary 24, 2013
Its a tough place to advance your career and explore new avenues in the company.
productive and good place to work
Assembly Worker, Packing, working in fast pace (Current Employee), East Longmeadow, MAOctober 17, 2012
A typical day at work is really good everything is organize. is a easy job. the co worker are nice. i like working there.
Overall Hasbro is a well manged company from a financial viewpoint. Hasbro ELM management team is effective yet limiting in growth.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), East Longmeadow, MASeptember 26, 2012
Pros: competitive salary and benefit package
Cons: game board and manufacturing is a mature and dying trade.
A faced paced and rapidly changing environment as the game board industry strives to meet the challenges of the digital age.

Competitive salary and benefit package with a 100% 401K match. Average to good insurance benefits relative to cost.

If your looking for a long term Carree look elsewhere as the emphasis of the corporation is NOT on game board – more... production in the digital age.

The ELM site has declined in employment from approx. 1600 in 2001 when hired to just over 300 when my position was eliminated. the hand writing is on the walland has been for the past 8 years. – less

About Hasbro, Inc.

Hasbro, Inc. (Hasbro) is engaged in providing children’s and family leisure time and entertainment products and services, – Read more