Hasbro, Inc. Employee Reviews

Was a great company, but not any more....
Engineer - Playskool, Boys Licensed, Girls (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 19, 2017
Too many layoffs, and workers left are overwhelmed..

Very competitive, lots of behind the back talking...no direction.

Upper management talks in circles
Fun!
Employee Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 9, 2017
Hasbro was a great place to work. The company culture and values are all about creating fun experiences for children. I had fun planning events and be a part of various projects.
Fun and creative environment
Rapid Prototype Technician (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 4, 2017
Hasbro created has a fun and welcoming work environment. Everyone is very nice and will to take time out of their day for you. Hasbro is very active with their volunteer work especially towards children. Each department takes time to work with schools to educate children. Last month we repainted an elementary school, street art and all.
Fun place to work
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 3, 2017
I loved working at Hasbro great staff. Loved everything about it. People were nice always stayed busy. They have a gym. They have family activities on the weekend like soap box durby. Loved that job.
Pros
Dicounts gym nice atmosphare
Cons
Temp job
Great Company if you love Toys
3D Sculptor (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIAugust 31, 2017
Hasbro is great if you have a real love for making toys. Relaxed workplace, overall nice and laid back people. Not competitive and very community oriented.
good place to work
Senior UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIAugust 25, 2017
competitive work culture.
helps you to learn advanced technology
opportunities for new employees
Teams with friendly environment.
Work while you work and play culture
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
no job safety
Productive and fun workplace
Brand Writer (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIAugust 15, 2017
A fun and inspiring workplace. Enjoyable and hard working team and supportive management. Friendly staff and a strong learning experience for all student co-ops.
fun
ASSEMBLER/FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAAugust 5, 2017
a lot of staying in the same spot for 8hrs, just outing pieces in the boxes while the conveyer belt pushes the boxes down,very boring,management outstanding
Great parttime work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 3, 2017
I you like working 10-12 hours a week this is a great job. Merchandising is a great way to meet people and work with different retail companies. Working with toys department managers is very rewarding.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
minimal work hours
Strangely humorless
Designer (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 27, 2017
For a toy company, they seem to lack a general sense of humor. They do NOT allow employees free reign of expression. They do NOT allow their employees to "cut loose". *example: they had a pinball game in the lobby...no one was allowed to play it. They are absolutely paranoid about security. You can't even head to the restroom without a security guard keeping track of you and cameras recording your path. There is zero privacy. If you want to have a private conversation with your co-workers, you need to leave the building. Strange. Strange almost cultish company.
Pros
Free movie screenings
Cons
Everything else
Hasbro Co-op
Co-op Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIJune 19, 2017
Hasbro is very much a revolving door unless you get a very Senior position. I did enjoy my time there, but the work culture is very at-arms-length in many ways. No one stays for very long.
Pros
good connections
Cons
value is always in output, not necessarily people
Engineering department
Designer/Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMay 26, 2017
I was hired as a designer. The design department was, in my opinion, in disarray. There were several contractors on staff that were considered temps. Not a way to run an efficient operation. This was some time ago so I don't know if the vision has changed.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
management
A fun stress free work environment
Financial Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMay 3, 2017
A typical day at work is maintaining the daily work force of all the banks activities from Canada, South America and Europe. Communicate with management for daily settlement status. What I learned from Hasbro Inc. is that we are a family and we stick together. The hardest part of the job is the end of the month closing but we always maintain a positive attitude. The most enjoyable part of the job is the toys and the fun activities Hasbro Inc. provides.
Fast paced, professional and creative work environment
Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIApril 20, 2017
Great place to work, with good compensation and environment, but heavily relying on contract and temp workers makes it difficult to gain permanent positions in creative services. This "revolving door" of temp workers means that a lot of talented people pass through and are lost, and much time is pent getting new temps up to speed and proficient at their jobs only to be replaced again.
Pros
Company store discount, half day Fridays, good work environment
Cons
So many temp workers that would make valuable employees never get the chance
work place
Sr. International Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAApril 10, 2017
Hasbro is a great company to work for, and I have gained a lot of both International, and Domestic Logistical experience over the years along with gaining quite a few friends over the past years
Pros
Close to home
Great work environment and good people. Great team based project management.
Junior Rapid Prototyping Lab Technician. (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIApril 6, 2017
During my time working for Hasbro, i have developed skills both hands on and on the computer. My team has been supportive the whole way and helped me gain experience in a highly demanding field. Many projects are coming in and out everyday where we need to keep track of all parts to ensure our customers are getting the proper times requested. I have been able to manage my time well here and learn programs such as magics, preform, and illustrator. Hasbro has also helped me apply my hands-on schooling at Wentworth to put together and fix items needed for customers whether it is for a photo shoot, tooling had copy, or paint samples.
Pros
Hasbro activities: movies, luncheons, coworkers
Cons
n/a
Supply Chain Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 15, 2017
I held an internship for Hasbro. The person I was completing a project for was hard to reach and provided minimal support/insight. Ultimately, the project failed as a result.
Pros
Look inside the Hasbro building.
Cons
Poor first experience with Supply Chain work.
Work Place
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAFebruary 26, 2017
A typical day at work consist of a heavy work load which was done with precision in a timely fashion.
I learned new technology which is very essential in today"swork force
management was very knowledgeable and their communication skills were very exceptional
the workplace environment was very pleasant and safe
after learning the flotation of the job nothing was too difficult
the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and meeting new people
Pros
free lunches voluntary overtime
Cons
strict management and short breaks
Toy company was great work enviroment
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIFebruary 14, 2017
One of the best companies to work for in RI. Toy company made it fun place to work. Gave you all the tools necessary to succeed and do your job well.
Pros
great employee cafe
Cons
average salaries
Fun job and great company to work for
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Although the job was Seasonal, it was a great company to work for.
Terrific co-workers and management was fantastic.
Hardest part of the job is that it is very physically demanding.
Pros
great pay
Cons
seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hasbro, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2