Hastings Entertainment

Hastings Entertainment Employee Reviews

Fun if you aare single and like to travel
Fixture Set Manager (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Lots of Travel
Cons: No Home time
This was a really great job, just not for a married man. Lots of traveling across the nation. I got to see some amazing places. But this job cost me my marriage.
Not quite sure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXMay 11, 2015
Not to sure it's been awhile since I worked here it was a college part time job. It was fun I enjoyed working in the lifestyles department.
Great Company
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMMay 6, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers easy going environment
Cons: none
Fun job and easy going. Different departments available to work in. Get to meet very many new faces every day. Great place to work for the part timer
Hastings Entertainment provided Music, Video and extenisve Book selection
Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great discounts on multiple items
Cons: I was part time on most of time spent working for Hastings Entertainment
I enjoyed my time at Hastings. Being in Inventory Control was a great learning experience. It tied my shipping and receiving training to this job. Great place to work. Not many benefits, they would prefer to keep their employees on part time, as to not provide benefits. Unfortunately the store closed in 2009.
Limited advancement opportunities
MIT (Manager in Training) (Current Employee), Stephenville, TXApril 30, 2015
Pros: Discounts on products
Cons: Management
Good co-workers
Management doesn't train people very well
Forced to sell people subscriptions that are a pain to get rid of.
Good for beginners, not so good for long term.
Inventory Control Manager (Current Employee), Topeka, KSApril 26, 2015
Pros: solid corporate leadership, US based company (TX)
Cons: poor break room, mediocre advancement
I have enjoyed my time at Hastings but it is time to move on. Lack of advancement outside of the store management position (with its requirement availability to move) is lacking. Besides store managers, it is hard to make a career out of it in the leadership positions. A good place for college age employees or people wanting to learn management. Not so good for long term associates.
Front Counter Team Leader/ Jack of all trades (Current Employee), Brownwood, TXApril 9, 2015
Great place to work, worked twice for them and still going. I am glad that they would have me back because it was a great time working with everyone even though most are not there anymore but we know we are always welcomed back.
Loved working here!
Customer Associate (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TexasApril 8, 2015
Honestly this was one of my favorite jobs, but due to personal problems I had to find a better job. I would go back if I could! Laid back environment, super nice place, coffee is always good, great interaction with customers, cool place in general !
Productive and fun to work at.
CSA (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZApril 4, 2015
Duties: Greet and connect with every customer and help influence purchasing decisions continually grow knowledge of products and customers. Comply with standards for merchandising and stocking
front of store and department product maintain the highest standards of conduct and confidentiality follow proper register/cash handling policies and procedures and conduct a successful cash audit upon
the completion of each shift. Go Ship for online orders sent out.
great for a couple months tops
Front Counter Team Lead (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 28, 2015
If you want job security this is not the place.Everyone has a negative attitude because they are worried about getting fired.
Worst place I have ever worked.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: employee discount, a place to work while looking for something better, always hiring
Cons: don't always get your break, low pay, no benefits (ever), ect...
Management was completely incompetent. Corporate culture means no pay, to many tasks, and never finishing anything. Never get enough hours, and chances of going full-time are minimal. Once was told that the customers didn't matter. Turn over rate was averaged out to one person quitting a week.
Hastings is a fun place to work for a first time employee
Book Department Manager (Former Employee), Los Lunas, NMMarch 11, 2015
Pros: employee discounts, opportunities for advancement
Cons: healthcare benefits are horrible
Each day is different depending upon if your a department associate or a customer service associate. They each have their own responsibilities and tasks that is usually laid out by your managers. I've learned a lot by working at Hastings, good and bad. I've helped such a large array of different people and personalities. Some of your customers you will never forget, whether it was a good or bad experience. I can't say to much for management. I've had both really awesome and really horrible managers. Each of them are truly unique. Same with your co-workers. You have your hard-working and friendly ones and than you have the ones that you wish you didn't have to be around. But that's every job. The hardest part of the job is different for everyone. Some have a hard time in the departments and others have a hard time on the registers. The most enjoyable part of the job, at least for me, was helping people. I've meet some of the most amazing individuals working for Hastings.
Hastings Associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Kingman, AZMarch 2, 2015
Coinscidentally this was my first ever job I learned a huge portion of my customer service skills from working in this place. In the beginning it was a wonderful place to work, it has everything for everyone. Whether you enjoy reading, gaming or watching movies with the family. Apart from that working with tha many associates I encountered we created a sort of family unit, some of them I still talk with today.
Rewarding barista job!
Barista (Former Employee), Kerrville, TXFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: short breaks
I would start work by making a fresh brew of each coffee, and also make fresh pastries. I would then proceed to clean the café even if it was done before hand, just to make sure and restock if necessary. After all of that I would greet customers (but usually I am doing so in between my work that I stated above.)
My time working here has taught me that above all, the customer comes first. No matter if you know they're wrong or not. As well as ensuring that you always count your drawer before and after your shift to ensure that everything is there.
My managers were amazing! They were always ready to help out if anyone needed. I loved everything about this job, I can't say anything bad about it! But my most enjoyable moments were spent helping the customers and making lasting friendships with both the customers and my co-workers! I would love to someday work here again!
worked as order puller 5:30p-4:30a
order puller (Former Employee), AmarilloFebruary 6, 2015
Distribution Center a HORRIBLE place to work!! Treat you like kindergarteners and no respect Constanrly threatening jobs
Receiving team always busy. Enjoyed working with my team
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, NMFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: flexible lunch hours, employee pricing, customer interaction
Cons: above average turn-over rate, damaged inventory
Early morning shift, 5 am - 2pm. Learned to receive and prep daily inventory as well as rental inventory. Also learned to use RF Scanner for a variety of uses. Management was always changing, so had to adapt to different styles of upper management. Immediate team workers were very good. Hardest part of job was inventory scans, keeping physical inventory in compliance with on-hand inventory in system. I enjoyed the variety of product that was sold and working the early shift and getting home before my daughters got home from school.
Strict environment
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), killeen, texasJanuary 28, 2015
Being young, i guess i felt that many things the company required of me were unfair. Unfair being that if i couldn't achieve a goal, my hours were cut. i was a cashier but also acted as customer service. I loved meeting new people and being able to work around entertainment but the demand was too much for me at the time and made the experience sour.
Fun place to work. Great People all around.
Go-ship/ Front Counter Team Lead (Former Employee), Fort Smih, ARJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: customers and co-workers
Cons: no advancement
At Hastings there was a great deal of people that would come in there looking for something specific and we all would try to assist. No matter which part of the store you were assigned. I learned how to manage an entire department and learned how to instruct groups of people to work as a unit. Our goal was to make sure the customers left satisfied. The hardest part of the job was dealing with technical difficulties because we had an old Linux system and it would constantly just stop working.The thing I enjoyed most was my co-workers, they were a varied and crazy bunch.
You dont want to work here!
Music Associate (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKJanuary 20, 2015
You don't want to work for this company. They treat their employees awful especially at the Muskogee store. Also they love firing people for really ignorant reasons. There were many great workers who got fired or quit because they could not stand working there. Beware! Thumbs way down!
Tough company to work for
ASSISTANT MANAGER/LOSS PREVENTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: was too focused on profit and not on customer service
As assistant manager, the day started with planning and prioritizing. I learned time management, prioritizing, basic management skills, and refining customer service skills. Co-workers were good and I developed good relationships with them. The hardest part of the job was workload planning and having to send people home if sales were not up to standards. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I entered into Loss Prevention. I liked the travel and seeing various successful stores and helping unsuccessful stores improve their loss prevention issues.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hastings Entertainment

Hastings Entertainment has it all for a smaller-town Saturday night. The company operates about 135 superstores in nearly 20 Midwestern – Read more

Hastings Entertainment Salaries