Hastings Entertainment Employee Reviews

Fun environment to work in.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSNovember 21, 2017
Fun environment and people to work with and for. Was sad to see it go out of business with the way books, music and video are received. I enjoyed the customer service and networking with the community.
Hasting's review
Lifestyles Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXNovember 10, 2017
The company itself was really nice. Good discounts on products, especially used games!! Co-workers are nice and friendly. The customers are always a delight. Although sometimes you get the occasional thief.
business closed
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 31, 2017
I loved the atmosphere, but my direct supervisor could have used some education skills.Store Manager was great, discount was great. and I miss the business for buying books alone.
Hastings was great
Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 30, 2017
Hastings was awesome. I worked there years part time for a little extra cash and discounts. I would have kept working in my off time. It really is to bad it closed.
Went out of Business
Front Counter Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 24, 2017
Hastings went out of business so I can not refer it to someone to apply. Locally, working at the store was great. Corporate wise, not so much. Low pay, not enough hours and poor security measures.
loved this job, wish they were still around
Video Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 23, 2017
sadly this company went out of business, but they were a great place to work. very laid back and relaxed environment. management was very good to the employees.
Out of business
Manager/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INOctober 17, 2017
Hastings was awesome. But now they are out of business. It's a shame, really. But what can you do. That's the only reason I don't recommend working there.
Closed
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 7, 2017
The business was run into the ground and therefore my review does not matter because the company does not exist in the world any longer. It was fun while it lasted.
Fun and fast paced
Cashier, sales associate, barista (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COOctober 2, 2017
Responsible for excellence in customer service
Knowledgeable of all products offered in industry
Time management skills
Maintain high levels of confidentiality
In charge of self-improvement relative to profession
Out of Business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 30, 2017
The company went out of business in 2016. When the company was alive, it was a fun, entertaining company to work for. The benefits were good, the pay was not so good. They did pay for relocation when you got promoted.
A typical day was scheduling trucks and greeting guest
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Hardest part of job was running quotes
Enjoyable part of my job meeting and greeting guest
Working with a great people
Management was willing to lead
Pros
healthcare and job opportunities
Cons
that the company went out of business
No longer in business for a reason
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richland, WASeptember 26, 2017
While the people in your day to day life were usually really great, the company as a whole, seemed mismanaged. The company was on a pay freeze for several years and when they first announced it, the CEO sent out Christmas cards stating that his family would be skiing in the Alps over the holiday season. While people who had been with the company for years never made more than minimum wage. They offered a lot of things that people wouldn't buy normally but they stocked them in large quantities. Most of the candy was expired at any given time and the bathrooms were constantly out of order. You could tell that the company didn't really care about regulation or finding ways to re-stock or improve sales on a higher level than just requiring that cashiers ask customers if they wanted one more thing during checkout.
great, fun, and uplifted spirited place to work at
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMSeptember 24, 2017
a typical day would be arriving to work, clocking in, and proceeding with a manager to get a new register to count and then switch out with current cashier. after switching cashier's, i would then proceed to go check the drop box outside and bring those movies inside to be recased and put on the shelves for future rentals. While at my register i would fix around the front of the store and restock candies when there aren't any customers. this is repeated throughout the shift until closing. At closing time you would then check out the last customer, go to the back, collect all the trash, put empty video cases from the front to the back in designated area, restock soda machine, sweep front of store and lock doors. After this is over the manager and last cashier then counts our registers and sees progress for the day.
Pros
fun place, flexible hours, great staff, lots of things to do and keep busy, great manager.
Cons
n/a
Productive and very fun environment!!!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 24, 2017
Working at Hastings Entertainment was a dream! I was surrounded by things I love- books, comics, movies, figurines- and worked with some of the most amazing people! The only reason I no longer work there is because the business was closed due to liquidation.
Pros
Amazing management, flexible hours
Super fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 19, 2017
It was really fun, especially if you love books, comics, music, movies, random items you might find, including people. I'm sorry its not really around anymore
Pros
Environment
Cons
Pay
Business is now closed
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMSeptember 15, 2017
The chain closed due to ongoing poor management and suicidal financial decisions. The previous owner sold before it imploded and the final owner scrapped it to pay off debts.
Cons
Almost everything
great coworkers and fun to work nice eviroment
Associate Video and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMSeptember 6, 2017
hasting was a great place to work. Fun people to work with and nice customers come in. Learned a lot of patience there. enjoyed stocking the videos and other items, nothing new I learned just the computers and cash register. love the location, has great people around.
Pros
Enjoyed the ppl and enviroment.
Cons
that the company was closed down.
out of business
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNAugust 31, 2017
this company is out of business. When i worked there it was a very friendly place to work. I loved my job and enjoyed going into work everyday. I gained a lot of knowledge from this job
A good company to work for
SVP Merchandising and Inventory (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 30, 2017
A good company that was challenged with selling products that were being more competitively sold online at lower pricing. It became increasingly difficult to stay competitive and profitable at the same time.
Pros
Working with entertainment products was fun and the people were good
Cons
It was a public company run like a family business
Okay place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTAugust 18, 2017
This was a temporary part time job for me. They worked with my schedule and gave me the hours I wanted.

The store closed or I would have worked there longer.