Hastings Mutual Insurance Company

Hastings Mutual Insurance Company Employee Review

View all Hastings Mutual Insurance Company reviews

No rewards for long term employees
Anom. (Former Employee) –  Hastings MIJanuary 20, 2012
Long term employees passed over for multiple promotions. Senior management have their favorites.
Pros
some great folks work there.
Cons
not of those great folks are in management.

Other Hastings Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Change NOT for the Better
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MINovember 20, 2017
Leadership is all about numbers without taking into consideration other factors for daily performance and service. Claim applications are poor in performance which directly affects productivity and efficiency. There are several other inefficient processes in place and unfortunately, leadership does not appear to listen to ideas or recommendations of those working in the trenches. The overall morale in Claims has declined to devastatingly low levels and turnover is an everyday occurrence. The company is becoming so focused on micro-management that it is crippling the confidence, ability and performance of their most dedicated and experienced claims people.
Very poor management
Multi-Line Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MIOctober 7, 2017
Direct supervisor was excellent and always there to support us as individuals, and my coworkers were incredibly friendly; however, the managers above him were incredibly micromanaging of him and of us, and often seemed to not really understand what our jobs were and asked far too much of us. Too many people on my level were not doing their jobs and were getting away with it, and were constantly "sick", pushing all their work onto us. The multi-line position is supposed to be a jack of all trades, which it is, but they expect too much of us and not enough of the other workers such as the salvage reps and subrogation. Overall, a very poor experience as a worker. Extremely high turnover which is easy to see why once you've worked a couple weeks there.
Pros
Unlimited paid sick leave
Cons
High stress, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hastings Mutual Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6