Hastings Water Works, Ohio’s largest swimming pool service, maintenance and management company, seeks a creative, self-managed person to be their new Human Resource Manager.
Lead and manage the Human Resource goals and objectives for a regional business with approximately 35 FTE and 450+ seasonal PTE in our Cleveland and Columbus offices.
The Human Resources manager will develop and implement Human Resource practices and objectives that will sustain an employee-oriented, high performance culture, emphasizing: empowerment, accountability, continuous improvement, quality, productivity, and standardization of processes. Directly overseeing recruitment, on-boarding and retention of an outstanding workforce, the Human Resource manager is also responsible for the development of HR processes and metrics that support the organization's strategic goals of significant double digit growth annually during the next 2-5 years.
Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Manager:
- Directly involved with the hiring, on-boarding, continuous training and evaluation of employees to insure the alignment of individuals and departments toward company goals as well as involved with the promotion, discipline and termination of employees
- Direct responsibility for: compensation and benefits administration including; 401k, health benefits, vacation/holiday, unemployment, workman’s compensation, workforce time keeping and related administrative areas
- Direct supervision and oversight of HR assistant, receptionists and clerical positions
- Compliance with DOL regulatory concerns regarding employees
- Development of all HR related policies and documentation
- Administration and coordination of pre-employment tests and background checks for potential new employees
- Directly oversees all matters related to: employee safety, welfare, wellness and rewards recognition programs
- Participates in compensation and benefit survey within labor market to determine competitive wage rate and remain apprised of current trends
- Responsible for annual insurance coverage assessments including business, liability, health and workman’s compensation
Potential candidate must have:
- A proven record of high performance in the human resource field with at least 5 years of HR related progressive work experience
- A PHR, SPHR or similar certification
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in: Human Resources, Psychology or a related field
- Embody the values of integrity, respect, service, performance, along with leadership, confidence and a low-ego approach
- Possess and demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
- Proven experience working with senior management team and successful interface with all levels of employees
It is preferred the ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Kronos Time Keeping Systems
- Quick Books accounting software