Hastings Water Works, Ohio’s largest swimming pool service, maintenance and management company, seeks a creative, self-managed person to be their new Aquatics Manager in our Columbus market near New Albany, OH.
This open minded and motivated person has a sense of urgency and works effectively under pressure. Position requires that you be a leader and self-motivator. This person must have the ability to communicate effectively to current staff and clients, possess strong organizational skills and the ability to direct day to day operations. Operations included: maintaining pool cleanliness, daily paper work, pool schedule for a staff of 15, coordinate swim lessons, contracts for pool rentals, and the support of aquatic personnel.
- A degree in Recreation, Sports Management or related is preferred.
- At least 2 years experience in the aquatics field.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work 40 hours per week including weekends and holidays (if needed).
- Current certification:
- - American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid.
- - American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
- - American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor (desired – will train).
- Basic knowledge of a pool pump room and water chemistry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to lead by example.
- Experience using Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Good organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures (training provided).
- Leadership and public relations skills.
- Decision-making skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, swim, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee regularly is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
At times employee must be able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
If you are a detailed oriented person who values being perceived as accountable and dependable and wants to be part of a dynamic team in a growing and very successful company, send a narrative letter about yourself with your current resume and work experience to:
Kevin Kreeger, Aquatics Director
c/o Hastings Water Works
10331 Brecksville Road
Brecksville, Ohio 44141
or apply online via this job posting.
No phone inquiries please.