Hastings Employee Reviews

Fun place Very Sad this shut down
MUSIC DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZNovember 20, 2017
This was probably my most favorite place I have ever worked. I was really bummed to see it go bankrupt. I left the company because the pay wasn't enough to support my growing family.
Best Job Ever
Cashier-Retail (Former Employee) –  Butte, MTNovember 11, 2017
Hastings was always an enjoyable place to work with a relaxed atmosphere, interesting products that led to interesting customers, and an amazing manager. I spent a majority of my time as a Cashier because we were so busy during my shifts. The best part of my day was being able to make people smile while upselling fun products. The most stressful part of my day was keeping the customers happy during one of our awesome promotional sales. I hope to someday find another job just as satisfying.
Pros
Cool products
Cons
Went out of business.
Fun, Adventurous, Fast Paced
Stocker/Receiver/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 19, 2017
Fast paced/Extremely productive/ Easy going

Shipping/Recieving/Inventory

Fun, Caring management,also organized

Getting tasks done on time

Working as a team but also independently
Pros
Management, Co-workers, Flexability with scheduling hours
Cons
Employee pay
Would love to continue working here
cashier and floor representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNOctober 18, 2017
Would love to continue working here but the store is now closed down. Everyone I worked with was nice and would help you in a heartbeat. The job was fairly easy but a little boring.
Pros
Great people, discounts, good enviornment
Cons
its closed down
I Miss Hastings
Music Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 10, 2017
It was my first job and I either my way up to music department manager. The people were great. The environment was fun. Pay and benefits were competitive. The only reason I quit was because I moved and there were no locations to which I could transfer.
Pros
Pay, discount, benefits, pto, co-workers
Cons
fun place to work too bad it closed
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 4, 2017
loved the day to day job there. its unfortunate the company went out of business. the hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of concern from the manager about security.
Pros
discounts on purchases
Cons
business closed
hastings closed
Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 2, 2017
Hastings has closed.
No need to write a review for an establishment no longer in operation.
In short I enjoyed my time there, but the pay was awful, and when state wide minimum wage was increased they never moved the payment to match for people who were previously fired on.
We had managers who had been there for several years making $0.13 more than new hires with continuous promises that it was something that would have to be approved by corporate to fix.
Miss It
Front Counter Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 11, 2017
Really miss it. This was my favorite job I have ever had. I wish it had not gone out of business since it was a really great place to be. Once they stared to liquidate it was awful.
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 2, 2017
this place was fun to work at. My manager was not very easy to work for but the other employees were awesome. I did 3 different positions when I worked there, i did cashier, barista and customer service. too bad the whole company went out of business.
Pros
discounts
Cons
went out of business
enjoyable workplace, laid-back, fun products
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 18, 2017
I had a lot of fun working at Hasting and am very upset that it went out of business. I loved the people that I worked with as well as the customers that came in. So far, Hastings is one of the few jobs that I was happy to go to everyday.The only difficult part about working as Hastings was the problems that we create ourselves, gossip, bad attitudes,etc. I also enjoyed helping the customers with questions because I was familiar with most of the product in the store and was interested in it. If it had not gone our of business, I would gladly still be working there today.
Pros
enjoyable work experience, good store location
Cons
minimum wages, no benefits
Fun place to work a little slow paced
Cashier and customer service (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 28, 2017
I liked working here and liked the people that I worked with. It was a little slow pace for my taste but was a good place to work overall. The customers were always nice as well. Stocking rental movies was probably my only complaint.
Pros
free rentals and discounts
Cons
slow paced
Managment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Borger, TXMay 9, 2017
Designed electronic file systems and maintained electronic and paper files. Handled all media and public relations inquiries. Served as central point of contact for all outside vendors needing to gain access to the building. Dispersed incoming mail to correct recipients throughout the office. Dealt with any and all escalated problems.
Enjoyed it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 8, 2017
I believed I enjoyed my job due to the community surrounding my specific Hastings. The company was ran well and my store had decent management. My coworkers were great. The hours were decent. Nothing to complain about.
Awesome people, fun environment
Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 26, 2017
Customers as well as employees were fun and amazing people. A great work environment. We were a little community and worked well together to provide great customer service. I learned a lot working there.
Pros
Discounts, great environment to work, and the people
Cons
no really benefits unless a full time worker and still limited
This job made me team leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 24, 2017
unfortunately this store closed down but I learn what a store goes thru when they closed down. the remodeling to try and make the store some more money
Pros
the ppl
Cons
becuz it was temp the pay
Hastings was great.
Counter Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 19, 2017
Hastings was a great little store to work in where you built a small family while working too. It had fun novelty items and it was great that you could buy and sell items there.
A very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COApril 14, 2017
A typical work day was not very complicated, i counted in a till, and helped customers for the first month and a half. I worked with customers and tried to promote sales in the store. When managment saw how well that i was doing at promoting sales and working with customers they moved me to the floor, where i stocked merchandise and helped customers with whatever they needed.
I learned how to promote sales in a manner that people will actually listen to. I learned how to understand how a store worked and how to count a till.
management was awesome, they quickly saw potential and didn't hesitate to reward hard work.
The hardest part was working for minimum wage and part time.
The best part was simply being a part of the store, it was a great experience and one i will cherish for a long time.
Pros
Excelent working environment
Cons
pay, hours
Out of business
Video Manager (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXApril 9, 2017
As far as I know this company went bankrupt. really no reason to talk about it honestly. So I'm just going to type this really long sentence to hit the minimum.
I loved working at Hastings because of my love of reading, even thought I only did janitorial.
Light Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 7, 2017
Working around all those books was great! The other employees were very helpful and management was always willing to help me out if I needed it. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to look through the books when work was done.
Pros
Easy to get to from home
Cons
I would have liked more hours.
Fun Work Plave
Front Counter Leader (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COFebruary 8, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the other employees. To help customer find what they are looking for and help them get the item was a great part of this job.