Hastings

Hastings United States Employee Reviews

Productive buisness with a great feel
sales asocciate (Current Employee), Hobbs NmApril 1, 2015
Pros: discount, great managment
Cons: training
Hasting is A great Place to work. Its a place to learn goals its a great starting job but with Hastings I learned alot about business and its a great atmosphere of new creative things. Its also a place that has all the latest trends and other things movies, books all and all its a great place to be!!!
Great People To Work with
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Lake Havasu CityMarch 19, 2015
Although there were excellent people to work with. There was a constant revolving door of store managers, who were never there. Pay was insulting with hardly any raises.
Bathroom cleaner
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMarch 17, 2015
They may promise you advancement or a higher salary, but they will not give it to you. They ended up sticking me with the closing bathroom cleaning jobs for the final weeks of my work there. That is when I decided it was not worth it to go in 3 hours a week and clean up after everyone.
Productive, constantly learning new things
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 8, 2015
A typical day at work includes, customer service, answering customer's questions in person or via phone. Helping them find what movie they need. Would need to know what movie customer's needed when they don't have a movie title but knew the actor's names in it.

Hastings was the spot when I was young for all my music needs so it was important for me to help customers find what CD they were looking for as well as books.My knowledge for pop culture/books/music and video games has expanded, it's really become the spot for anything as far as entertainment.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to help a customer find what they need when they themselves are not so sure what they are looking for. Also when they needed to find a movie and the system would say we have it, but it would be no where to be found seeing that movies can get easily misplaced since the movie selection is very huge.

The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly seeing what's new whether it be movie/pop culture/ music/video games or book.

Definitely recommend stopping here!
The employees where fun
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clovis, NMMarch 5, 2015
I would walk around and find customers orders and process them for shipment. I would help in the coffee shop if I was needed.
Hastings was a fun place to work
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Cordova, TNMarch 3, 2015
I enjoyed my short time working at Hastings. I advanced in very short time there, although I am bitter that corporate decided to close my store down for whatever reason.
Productive fun work place
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
I had a great time working for Hastings. Management was really laid back but got the job done. I just loved working for Hastings.
It was a good place to work overall I just needed more hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Yukon OkJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: enviorment
Cons: the hours
It was a good place to work overall I just needed more hours. The hardest/most enjoyable part was stocking the floor. The management was ok. I started out at 9.00$ an hour. Then they cut it to 7.89 right after I got hired. I wish they would have told me that before I quit working at walmart.
Good to pay the bills and nice discount.
FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Helena, MTJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good discount, cool merchandise, great for students
Cons: poor managment, dirty corporate practices, always dirty
It was an ok place for a little while. I met some very cool people. I don't suggest trying to advance your position. Management is terrible usually. People have relationships with one another behind closed doors all the time and that really helps determine if you can advance.
Front Counter Team Lead
Front Counter Team Lead (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Network with clients to ensure customer satisfaction, answer phones and process transaction in a timely manner
Responsible for opening and closing store and verifying that all transactions are balanced
Hastings
Video Manager (Former Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: manager experience. working in a place where your opinion really matters.
Cons: working with people who did not do their work.
A typical work day would start with going in one to two hours prior to the store opening so that sales could be updated daily or new releases could be stocked. The rest of the day was focused on providing customer service and stocking/re-organizing the Video department. Store manager was friendly and approachable, but appropriately strict to ensure that employees were getting work done. As with a general workplace, there are some employees that do the bare minimum and the few that "carry" the team. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the constant change in sales, some weekly and others daily. The most enjoyable part, positive interaction with customers who cared about your opinion on films/television. It was always a great feeling to be able to share a favorite film with someone who had never seen it.
Generally fast paced and fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNDecember 2, 2014
The management at Hastings is wonderful and so are my co workers. I enjoy being both a cashier and floor support. The only annoying thing is that they don't/can't give enough hours. I want 40 or more hours a week and they can only average 18-25.
Very nice environment
Different tasks (Former Employee), Eagle Pass, TXNovember 16, 2014
It was a very nice place to work at. Everybody was very nice to me while i was working there.
Typcial day
Customer Service (Current Employee), lawton, okNovember 7, 2014
Wonderful customer service to the local residents by checking out, locating rental, books, etc,, dealt with disgruntled customers with a smile when they had fines they disagreed on. I worked in the stock room and attained experience in that area. Co-workers, I got along with, I was friendly but performed my job without conflict or involved in others issues. I enjoyed dealing with the public.
it was ok
Video Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, TXOctober 28, 2014
Not much room for advancment once you make dept manager. You get stuck
fun place to work
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee), Clovis, NMOctober 6, 2014
even in the fast pace we could still have fun and do are jobs well. great staff to work with.
Great people to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTOctober 5, 2014
a typical day at work would include being at the register for most of the day. I learned how to work as a unit with my co-workers and also how to help people in different ways. The hardest part was handling the "cranky" people, but the most rewarding is making those poeple happy for keeping your good attitude and helping them to the best of your ability
Ensuring product organization and customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Benton, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free rentals
Running the register, checking in videos, answering the phones doing returns and doing by backs inventories.
Fun and upbeat
CSA/ Backroom Associate (Current Employee), Victoria, TxSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great people, fun loving environment
Cons: i make less now than i did at my first job
Going to work is something I look forward to everyday. Management is great and never hesitates to listen to my ideas and complaints. I have learned everything there is to learn except the management side. The hardest part of my job is that I don't get enough hours or pay to raise my son and now I am having to choose between the job that I love and my son. I have been promised numerous promotions and raises but always let down and I cant hang on much longer.
Allsups Review
Video Manager (Former Employee), Clovis, NMAugust 31, 2014
Working for Allsups was an interesting experience. I learned how to run a register and zone a store properly.

1 2 3 4 5