Hastings

Hastings Employer Reviews

It was a good place to work overall I just needed more hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Yukon OkJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: enviorment
Cons: the hours
It was a good place to work overall I just needed more hours. The hardest/most enjoyable part was stocking the floor. The management was ok. I started out at 9.00$ an hour. Then they cut it to 7.89 right after I got hired. I wish they would have told me that before I quit working at walmart.
Good to pay the bills and nice discount.
FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Helena, MTJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good discount, cool merchandise, great for students
Cons: poor managment, dirty corporate practices, always dirty
It was an ok place for a little while. I met some very cool people. I don't suggest trying to advance your position. Management is terrible usually. People have relationships with one another behind closed doors all the time and that really helps determine if you can advance.
Front Counter Team Lead
Front Counter Team Lead (Former Employee), Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Network with clients to ensure customer satisfaction, answer phones and process transaction in a timely manner
Responsible for opening and closing store and verifying that all transactions are balanced
Hastings
Video Manager (Former Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: manager experience. working in a place where your opinion really matters.
Cons: working with people who did not do their work.
A typical work day would start with going in one to two hours prior to the store opening so that sales could be updated daily or new releases could be stocked. The rest of the day was focused on providing customer service and stocking/re-organizing the Video department. Store manager was friendly and approachable, but appropriately strict to ensure that employees were getting work done. As with a general workplace, there are some employees that do the bare minimum and the few that "carry" the team. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the constant change in sales, some weekly and others daily. The most enjoyable part, positive interaction with customers who cared about your opinion on films/television. It was always a great feeling to be able to share a favorite film with someone who had never seen it.
Generally fast paced and fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNDecember 2, 2014
The management at Hastings is wonderful and so are my co workers. I enjoy being both a cashier and floor support. The only annoying thing is that they don't/can't give enough hours. I want 40 or more hours a week and they can only average 18-25.
Very nice environment
Different tasks (Former Employee), Eagle Pass, TXNovember 16, 2014
It was a very nice place to work at. Everybody was very nice to me while i was working there.
Typcial day
Customer Service (Current Employee), lawton, okNovember 7, 2014
Wonderful customer service to the local residents by checking out, locating rental, books, etc,, dealt with disgruntled customers with a smile when they had fines they disagreed on. I worked in the stock room and attained experience in that area. Co-workers, I got along with, I was friendly but performed my job without conflict or involved in others issues. I enjoyed dealing with the public.
it was ok
Video Manager (Former Employee), Victoria, TXOctober 28, 2014
Not much room for advancment once you make dept manager. You get stuck
fun place to work
Stockroom Manager (Former Employee), Clovis, NMOctober 6, 2014
even in the fast pace we could still have fun and do are jobs well. great staff to work with.
Great people to work with
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Great Falls, MTOctober 5, 2014
a typical day at work would include being at the register for most of the day. I learned how to work as a unit with my co-workers and also how to help people in different ways. The hardest part was handling the "cranky" people, but the most rewarding is making those poeple happy for keeping your good attitude and helping them to the best of your ability
Ensuring product organization and customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Benton, ARSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free rentals
Running the register, checking in videos, answering the phones doing returns and doing by backs inventories.
Fun and upbeat
CSA/ Backroom Associate (Current Employee), Victoria, TxSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great people, fun loving environment
Cons: i make less now than i did at my first job
Going to work is something I look forward to everyday. Management is great and never hesitates to listen to my ideas and complaints. I have learned everything there is to learn except the management side. The hardest part of my job is that I don't get enough hours or pay to raise my son and now I am having to choose between the job that I love and my son. I have been promised numerous promotions and raises but always let down and I cant hang on much longer.
Allsups Review
Video Manager (Former Employee), Clovis, NMAugust 31, 2014
Working for Allsups was an interesting experience. I learned how to run a register and zone a store properly.
fun
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: hrs
great place to work fun work environment ,great people and good discount
this was a fun working enviorment
Book Department Associate (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 12, 2014
Pros: fun job
Cons: no benefits
I enjoyed working at hastings, it was a great way to meet people, the enviorment was always cheerful and pleasant.
Extremely Fun!
Team Lead (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYAugust 4, 2014
My days at hastings we're fun and easy. The management was full of lively and fun people along with the co-workers. I learned cashier positions and also became team leader.
All fun and exciting places to have worked
Cashier (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJuly 22, 2014
I did enjoy my time at each of these employers. They all taught me the value of hard work and persistence in accomplishing my future goals. I wouldn't mind going back to work for any of these companies, given the opportunity.
Fun fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richland, WAJuly 10, 2014
Basic customer service. Cleaning, running movies, restocking food, dealing with customer issues and checking them out. Co-workers are pleasant and extremely easy to get to know.
Great company to work for
Book Department Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJuly 9, 2014
Management was great. Great co-workers. Challenging job working on Xerox multifunction devices
fun place too work very casual
Clerk/order puller/forklift operation (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: easy work for a paycheak
Cons: dusty work no advancment
dusty work place but easy work keep you busiy but not too hard too learn. honestly got bored with after a bit.

1 2 3 4 5