Hastings

Hastings Employer Reviews

Allsups Review
Video Manager (Former Employee), Clovis, NMAugust 31, 2014
Working for Allsups was an interesting experience. I learned how to run a register and zone a store properly.
fun
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: hrs
great place to work fun work environment ,great people and good discount
this was a fun working enviorment
Book Department Associate (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 12, 2014
Pros: fun job
Cons: no benefits
I enjoyed working at hastings, it was a great way to meet people, the enviorment was always cheerful and pleasant.
Extremely Fun!
Team Lead (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYAugust 4, 2014
My days at hastings we're fun and easy. The management was full of lively and fun people along with the co-workers. I learned cashier positions and also became team leader.
All fun and exciting places to have worked
Cashier (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJuly 22, 2014
I did enjoy my time at each of these employers. They all taught me the value of hard work and persistence in accomplishing my future goals. I wouldn't mind going back to work for any of these companies, given the opportunity.
Fun fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richland, WAJuly 10, 2014
Basic customer service. Cleaning, running movies, restocking food, dealing with customer issues and checking them out. Co-workers are pleasant and extremely easy to get to know.
Great company to work for
Book Department Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJuly 9, 2014
Management was great. Great co-workers. Challenging job working on Xerox multifunction devices
fun place too work very casual
Clerk/order puller/forklift operation (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJuly 3, 2014
Pros: easy work for a paycheak
Cons: dusty work no advancment
dusty work place but easy work keep you busiy but not too hard too learn. honestly got bored with after a bit.
Not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 24, 2014
Cons: not enough hours.
Hastings, at least in waco is not the best. you work less than 25 hours every 2 weeks.
the Coworkerss are ok.
Fun work enviornment
CafĂ© Manager (Former Employee), Enid, OKMay 21, 2014
Fast paced, friendly enviornment. Great management team, customers were very pleasant.
Meet new people
Casheir (Former Employee), Roswell, NMMay 8, 2014
Pros: getting paid
Cons: roller blades, rude/lazy management
Roller blades are the hardest part of this job! Management is not very productive.
Can be a fun place to work under the right management.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 30, 2014
The retail and service industries are definitely not the easiest to work in. You get a chance to work and collaborate with so many unique people, and meet exciting and talkative customers with many perspectives.

The pay, amount of raises, commendations for good performance, and benefits aren't the greatest.
To much drama
ICA (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKApril 17, 2014
it was not the hardest job in the world but it did allow me to be able to spend more time with my kids.at the end of the day i was not making enough money to move on in life, plus working there seemed more of a high school then an actual job itself nobody would take responsibility for anything that was happening
Fun and exciting environment to work in, knowledgeable staff with excellent customer service and employee discounts. Fee coffee.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKApril 2, 2014
Pros: free coffee, employee discount of ten percent.
Cons: expect minimum wage and low hours.
Hastings is a great place to work as long as you are do not rely upon it to feed a family. For a single person young or old, it proves to be an interesting job which is simple to master. They do tend to be harsh on cash discrepancies with the register, requiring termination after three write-ups. I personally find this to be very understandable and – more... quite fair. The management is always friendly and mild mannered, the staff is knowledgeable, and most employees tend to keep their positions for many years without feeling the need to leave. It is easy to settle into a comfortable groove, and the products available are not only mind-blowing, but are also available at a generous discount to all employees. Each employee is allowed one free small paper-back per week, at the disadvantage of having to remove the cover from the book. I prefer to purchase the book rather than to desecrate or deface it in any way. – less
Fun Place
Team Leader (Current Employee), Ogden, UTApril 2, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: pay
Its never dull or boring. Always customers and work to do.
I love staying busy and interacting with lots of people.
Fun place to work
CSA (Former Employee), Midland TexasMarch 17, 2014
Pros: 10% discount
Cons: horrible pay
great place to work but the pay is not good and can not afford benefits.
I work in a very productive atmosphere and the employee's make it a fun and happy place to work.
CSA (Current Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOMarch 14, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: n/a
A typical day working at Hastings is like working with a big family. They treat everyone with respect and all the manager's and employee's are very helpful. They make it a very fun a laid back stress free environment.
fun place to work
Cashier- Duties (Former Employee), coloradoFebruary 27, 2014
I learned alot. helping customers with renting movies, buying books, operating cash register.
Fun place to work
Counter Team Lead and Book Manager (Former Employee), 80631February 26, 2014
The salary is low, but if you do not have a lot of bills it is a wonderful, fun place.
Books movies and random items
Front Counter Team Lead (Former Employee), Enid, OKFebruary 18, 2014
I was a step below a manager at this location and it seemed to be as if I was always there. Our previous manager was fired due to not being able to bring up store profits which isn't her fault.

1 2 3 4