Hastings

Hastings Employee Reviews

wonderful work environment with plenty of oppurtunities
guest service manager (Former Employee), Altus, OKJuly 1, 2015
Pros: great learning experience and work environment
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed working at hastings. I met a lot of interesting people and learned a great deal. also gained a lot of experience as a manager and inventory specialist
Not bad for part time
Counter Team Leader (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJune 29, 2015
Not bad for part time. Don't expect advancement opportunities, because there are few full time positions available and little upward mobility.
Cool Culture, Awesome Customers
FCTL (Former Employee), Rio Rancho, NMJune 24, 2015
Pros: Small discounts, great customers and coworkers.
Cons: No corporate support.
A typical day here consisted of counting tills, counteracting theft with excellent customer service, assisting customers with purchases, questions, and complaints. I learned more about today's workplace – more... from this job than all of my previous experience combined. This included the basics of metrics, loss prevention, building rapport with customers, communicating effectively as a key part of the team, and training fellow coworkers.

Management was never about micro-management. I could work as an independent part of the team without being supervised; unless I asked for the supervision and assistance, I was never bothered by anybody.
The co-workers are very competitive. This is a good thing because the dynamic of our working relationship pushed me to achieve many goals the company set for me, and many goals that I set for myself.

The hardest part of the job is having to say no and stand by the corporate policy. These policies change almost weekly and most of them are purely for the interest of the company and not the customer. I had to stand by the company in situations where I knew the customer was right, but could not assist further due to fears of demotion and termination.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people to find things that they TRULY LOVE. The smiles and conversations I shared were meaningful and often resulted in the happiness of both the customer and myself.

If you get hired here as a CSA or FCTL, keep your nose to the ground. It is a highly competitive, sink or swim environment. If you can handle that, you will gain a lot from Hastings. – less
Fun work place
CAS (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJune 19, 2015
Pros: The discount
Cons: Not many hours, stressful, and the pay was low.
the most enjoyable part was my co-workers we were a great team and everyone was very nice. The management was okay I thing he needed more help because he had just so much to do and run for only on guy. – more... The hardest part of the job was the companys system it was really hard to learn and to work with. A typical day was gathering moive's within the in/out side drop boxes. Scan the movies in and re-case them and run them back on the wall. Answer many customer question. Also run the regrster – less
Cashier at a video and book store.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), spokane, waJune 19, 2015
Pros: Great lunch breaks.
Cons: Holiday helo.
I would run the cashier and do all transactions at the front of the store .

I learned customer service skills and how to balance a cash register.

The management was not good.

My co workers and I rarely interacted.

The hardest part of the job was when I could not help a customer.

Helping the customers was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Great place to work!
Team Member (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDMay 28, 2015
Pros: Fun and customer service oriented workplace
Cons: bathrooms
The hardest part about working at Hastings is not blowing your check on Hastings merchandise! Other than the seasoned associates that think they're better than you, working here wasn't too bad.
fast pace environment
Backroom Associate (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 20, 2015
Unloading merchandise from trucks, pricing, answer phone calls, help customer with questions, stock merchandise ( sometimes in order) . Not enough time to finish tasks. Fast pace was enjoyable for me.
productive and fun
Customer Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COMay 19, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: old equipment
i loved working at hastings people where good company was good and everyone is always happy and you get the best movies that come out.
Wonderful people and job all around!
Counter Team Lead (Former Employee), Hutchinson, KSMay 5, 2015
I absolutely loved working here! A typical work day I would arrive at the store, count the drawers from the previous night, set up the deposit, count the drawers for that day, set up the registers, set – more... up petty, then unlock the doors and begin our day at the store.

Once the store was opened I would be sure the cashier(s) were ready to go and when things were going smoothly I would take the deposit to the bank, return to the store finish up the deposit process for the files, and then go back to the registers to help with customers.

My co-workers were great and our manager was also wonderful! We all worked together as a team to support good customer service as well as a great workplace for everyone.

The hardest part of the job was at the beginning, learning how to manage my time to accomplish everything! After I got that down, it was the rude customers, but even they typically had valid reasons for being upset and we always were able to manage it and make it right.

The most enjoyable part of the job? My co-workers. No matter how hard the day was or how difficult people were, we were there for one another. It was like having a support team and we always made it better for everyone involved. – less
This job sucked
Video and front counter associate (Former Employee), Clovis, NMMay 2, 2015
Pros: the discount was decent
Cons: It was an awful place to work
I worked here for a year and all I can say is that is awful. I dreaded going to work. I got way underpaid and would get 24 hours a week if I was lucky. They hired so many people at one time that the staff – more... that was trained and knew what they were doing got hours cut so the new staff could learn. It was an unfair place to work. The customers were rude the store manager didn't care about you unless you kissed the ground he walked on and the other staff didn't do their job so you pretty much had to run the whole store by yourself. Besides WalMart this was the worst job I had ever worked at. – less
very Friendly enviroment
Barista/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Farmington, NMApril 24, 2015
my co-workers were very hard worker and very friendly I enjoyed some of benefits of working here however the management could use a little more work.
Productive and fun place to work
Book Associate (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZApril 10, 2015
Pros: fun place to work with discounts
Cons: had to quit due to medical issues
I got to run the registers and order books for the customers. I also had to file all books in alphabetical order. I had to straighten up the department and have fresh coffee for the customers. I had to clean and organize my department.
Productive buisness with a great feel
sales asocciate (Current Employee), Hobbs NmApril 1, 2015
Pros: discount, great managment
Cons: training
Hasting is A great Place to work. Its a place to learn goals its a great starting job but with Hastings I learned alot about business and its a great atmosphere of new creative things. Its also a place that has all the latest trends and other things movies, books all and all its a great place to be!!!
Great People To Work with
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Lake Havasu CityMarch 19, 2015
Although there were excellent people to work with. There was a constant revolving door of store managers, who were never there. Pay was insulting with hardly any raises.
Bathroom cleaner
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMarch 17, 2015
They may promise you advancement or a higher salary, but they will not give it to you. They ended up sticking me with the closing bathroom cleaning jobs for the final weeks of my work there. That is when I decided it was not worth it to go in 3 hours a week and clean up after everyone.
Productive, constantly learning new things
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMarch 8, 2015
A typical day at work includes, customer service, answering customer's questions in person or via phone. Helping them find what movie they need. Would need to know what movie customer's needed when they – more... don't have a movie title but knew the actor's names in it.

Hastings was the spot when I was young for all my music needs so it was important for me to help customers find what CD they were looking for as well as books.My knowledge for pop culture/books/music and video games has expanded, it's really become the spot for anything as far as entertainment.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to help a customer find what they need when they themselves are not so sure what they are looking for. Also when they needed to find a movie and the system would say we have it, but it would be no where to be found seeing that movies can get easily misplaced since the movie selection is very huge.

The most enjoyable part of the job was constantly seeing what's new whether it be movie/pop culture/ music/video games or book.

Definitely recommend stopping here! – less
The employees where fun
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clovis, NMMarch 5, 2015
I would walk around and find customers orders and process them for shipment. I would help in the coffee shop if I was needed.
Hastings was a fun place to work
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Cordova, TNMarch 3, 2015
I enjoyed my short time working at Hastings. I advanced in very short time there, although I am bitter that corporate decided to close my store down for whatever reason.
Productive fun work place
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
I had a great time working for Hastings. Management was really laid back but got the job done. I just loved working for Hastings.
It was a good place to work overall I just needed more hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Yukon OkJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: enviorment
Cons: the hours
It was a good place to work overall I just needed more hours. The hardest/most enjoyable part was stocking the floor. The management was ok. I started out at 9.00$ an hour. Then they cut it to 7.89 right after I got hired. I wish they would have told me that before I quit working at walmart.

1 2 3 4 5