Hatch Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

It was my dream job
Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 30, 2017
The technology was cutting edge. The people were fun loving and life was great. We were working on the natural gas pipeline in the state of Missippi and i was up and coming in the company.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
i had to take a leave of absents
Micromanagement at it's finest!
Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAOctober 10, 2017
Nothing productive or nice to say. Used, treated me as a little child. Not allowed to use skills they hired me for. Kept out of the loop. Favoritism was obvious. Favorites were promoted even though their skills were limited.
DID not get to fufill 30 day contractract and very dissappointed in my treatment as an employee!!
Mechanical Designer II (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 19, 2017
Not at all happy with the the way the company Handled their employees as far as work management or work ethic.not enough training treated as an outsider.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
Long drive
A top notch global company
Project Engineer/Manager and CAD Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 16, 2017
Multi-disciplinary workplace aimed at providing top quality designs and services in the engineering profession. Requires acute attention to scope and budget. No limits with respect to software tools. A great place to work and learn for younger generations.
Pros
Subdivision heads are brilliant and helpful.
Cons
Some department managers are obtuse.
Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. Was hard work but it went fast. Since I was the only woman I was treated like one of the guys. My supervisor was a very fair man.
Summary
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 16, 2017
Good place to learn about Natural Gas Meter stations. Hard to set a schedule based on workloads. Engineering and Management not on same page. The people are great to work with.
Pros
People
Cons
Schedules
Senior Billing Specialist
Sr. Specialist/Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJMarch 21, 2017
Working on many "special" billings that require working with excel spreadsheets. QA/QC all of the billing department's invoices before being sent out to the client. Update 2017 Billing Rates daily (enter new employees or update any changes to existing rates).
Wonderful company and personnel
Office Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed working with the Hatch Mott MacDonald Group. The company promotes education and intercompany growth. Loved working here. AWESOME company to work for.
verry good
AutoCAD and Microstation Design Drafter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 6, 2017
Day-come in work - take lunch
work for another 4 or 5 to wrap up maybe another hour and go home

Learned-Really just learned from working for my boss what his needs and requirements are and fulfilled them for the project needs

Management-guides you when you need it and provides tool needed to do the job

culture-Having tome outside of work hours is slim because i have 2 sons and i'm a single dad, but they did have many social events

hard-meeting and exceeding deadlines and goals, sometimes i would work late into the night to meet managers expectations and comited deadlines

Enjoyable- getting thanks from my co-workers for teaching them what and how to do things faster and better. I like people and I'm a people pleaser and get my power from thanks and appreciation.
Pros
thanks
Cons
time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 8, 2016
This company is a good one to work for. They provide fair pay and benefits, and reasonable amount of time off. You do not have to work holidays. I would work for this company again.
Gained lots of experience
Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PADecember 6, 2016
This was a great place to start my professional career. A great team atmosphere working in the environmental field and gaining a lot of professional experience that I will use the rest of my professional life.
Mentaly un-heathly environment
Field Geologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
This job would have been very interesting except for the adult bully we had as a manager. His actions created an work environment of racism and unnecessary stress. As a Geologist I did described rock core samples taken from as much as 500 ft for the City Water Tunnel #3.
Pros
Seeing rock samples of NYC Geologist normally don't see
Cons
Horrible management.
Dedicated staff
Principal Specialist Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 5, 2016
Experienced and dedicated staff. They have a good understanding of the industry needs and the ability to be flexible to accommodate the clients' needs. They also have significant experience in cross-country pipelines.
Productive and nice
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 4, 2016
Co-workers are very personable and I became good friends to many. The company does training to advance your skills. The management cares for the individual.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work would be as soon as you walk in the door, you're up and out of your seat to assist a co-worker or to distribute supplies. The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely meeting new people
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much gossip
Great company!
Rodman/Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 16, 2016
Great company to work for. Stayed busy. Co-workers were hard workers. Management was always helpful. A typical day involved loading and unloading material, using equipment, and clearing paths.
Stable work
Party Chief (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040March 13, 2016
i have been working for them about a year and i have enjoyed it so far. the staff is very helpful and very quick about working things out if something goes wrong with equiment etc.
Sorry it changed
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 22, 2016
My review is based on the fact that, like most companies, they lost their focus on the employees, their source of income. They become Bean Counters with one goal, show profits for the Share Holders. They did this by reorganizing, with a new Company Name and new Management. Now to show a profit they lay off their sources of income.
great job and employer
Surveyor Rod (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 15, 2016
amazing work place and employee great work ethic and training had a great learning experience learn something new everyday
Great Colleagues/Poor Management
Technician/Mining (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 28, 2015
Most of my colleagues that I dealt with on a daily basis were great. Management was poor. Job performance meant nothing. You could be a great worker (efficient, safe) but get looked over for other people that wasted time but looked like they were doing more work. Quite a few people were overlooked for different opportunities they were more than qualified for.

Many promises were made of expanding our projects and the opportunity to work on different projects, but in the end it always fell through.

Certain management was gossipy and highly unprofessional, especially if you were a decent looking female.

Some legitimate concerns for safety were brushed off or you'd be given a response along the lines of, "you'll be fine."
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management, lack of opportunities, no advancement