Hatch Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

Mentaly un-heathly environment
Field Geologist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2016
This job would have been very interesting except for the adult bully we had as a manager. His actions created an work environment of racism and unnecessary stress. As a Geologist I did described rock core samples taken from as much as 500 ft for the City Water Tunnel #3.
Pros
Seeing rock samples of NYC Geologist normally don't see
Cons
Horrible management.
Dedicated staff
Principal Specialist Business Development (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 5, 2016
Experienced and dedicated staff. They have a good understanding of the industry needs and the ability to be flexible to accommodate the clients' needs. They also have significant experience in cross-country pipelines.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 8, 2016
This company is a good one to work for. They provide fair pay and benefits, and reasonable amount of time off. You do not have to work holidays. I would work for this company again.
Productive and nice
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXAugust 4, 2016
Co-workers are very personable and I became good friends to many. The company does training to advance your skills. The management cares for the individual.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2016
A typical day at work would be as soon as you walk in the door, you're up and out of your seat to assist a co-worker or to distribute supplies. The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely meeting new people
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too much gossip
Sorry it changed
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 22, 2016
My review is based on the fact that, like most companies, they lost their focus on the employees, their source of income. They become Bean Counters with one goal, show profits for the Share Holders. They did this by reorganizing, with a new Company Name and new Management. Now to show a profit they lay off their sources of income.
Great company!
Rodman/Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 16, 2016
Great company to work for. Stayed busy. Co-workers were hard workers. Management was always helpful. A typical day involved loading and unloading material, using equipment, and clearing paths.
Stable work
Party Chief (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040March 13, 2016
i have been working for them about a year and i have enjoyed it so far. the staff is very helpful and very quick about working things out if something goes wrong with equiment etc.
Great Colleagues/Poor Management
Technician/Mining (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 28, 2015
Most of my colleagues that I dealt with on a daily basis were great. Management was poor. Job performance meant nothing. You could be a great worker (efficient, safe) but get looked over for other people that wasted time but looked like they were doing more work. Quite a few people were overlooked for different opportunities they were more than qualified for.

Many promises were made of expanding our projects and the opportunity to work on different projects, but in the end it always fell through.

Certain management was gossipy and highly unprofessional, especially if you were a decent looking female.

Some legitimate concerns for safety were brushed off or you'd be given a response along the lines of, "you'll be fine."
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management, lack of opportunities, no advancement
Unrealistic Expectations
Document Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holyoke MASeptember 2, 2015
Management is not appreciative of the overtime you put in. Unless you literally make your life revolve around work you won't survive here. People have worked until 2:00am-3:00am on numerous accounts. It takes a different breed to be able to work at a place like this. If you're fortunate enough to get one of the very few good managers in this place than be grateful because the majority of people have managers that are unappreciative and play favorites.
Pros
It's a good job if you're a workaholic
Cons
There are many things that are done and not done which then creates a hostile work environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 2, 2015
Great group of managers in the office/department I worked in. Pipeline is a very fast paced division so they require a lot of hours. Typical week was 50 hours Mon-Fri with weekend work usually required in the summer season. People are very nice and they had a great feeling of team unity. Everyone does well working together across departments.
great job and employer
Surveyor Rod (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 15, 2016
amazing work place and employee great work ethic and training had a great learning experience learn something new everyday
Civil Engineering Company in The Woodlands
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLES/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 15, 2014
Typical day at work consists of compiling backup documents and data needed for invoicing. Also do Cost Control Reporting on several projects. Putting together invoices for several projects and checking those invoices against backup. I have expanded my skills in Excel through this company. My co-workers are a fun group and we get along very well. Management doesn't always make you feel valuable or needed. Not much room for advancement and they don't utilize all staff to their individual skill sets. I like the people I work with, but management leaves much to be desired.
Hired for the possibility of future work, laid off after 4 months
Designer III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 13, 2014
What can I really say here? I worked in a satellite office that was basically run by the lead designer. The main office was down in Houston and they hired me on the prospect of upcoming work that never happened. I took advantage of that time to learn more and grow in my knowledge.

I am sure that if I had been able to be hired in Houston the story might be different, but that is not the case and I don't dwell in the past.

It opened up my eyes to the possibility there is more out there and for that I am greatful. It got me off my butt and moving forward after being stuck in a rut.
Pros
?
Cons
Laid off after 4 months, no management besides lead designer.
Good solid company
Role - Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
This is a good solid company that has a good workforce and great potential. The employees are very good technically and are also very enjoyable to work with. The company is growing rapidly which should provide some good opportunities but it also holds some risks.

The management is mixed (separate financial and technical) with the linear hierarchy and the seat of authority being very confused. As a result the management can be confused with a mix of very good managers and mediocre managers. The technical managers are excellent but the financial managers have an odd decision making process.
Pros
Excellent 401k Contributions, flexible hours
Cons
Extra unpaid working hours expected, limited discliplines
Hatch Mott MacDonald
Senior Estimating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 4, 2013
I was responsible for supporting any HMM office in the U.S. or Canada that needed estimating assistance. Project managers emailed me work assignments which I did and returned in the same manner. I worked independently without supervision, and always met project schedules.
Pros
Pleasant working conditions, flexible schedule, telecommuting, benefits
Cons
Commute distance
About Kenexa
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJJanuary 29, 2014
My most favorable experience was working at Kenexa which deveoped ProveIt. I worked with the head of accounting for all Kenexa locations along with other canditates chosen to improve Oracle to fit the company's needs as Oracle was set up for industrial billing as it did not fill a service industries needs. We all worked closley to set the standards for our billing required by our clients.

The most enjoyable part of my work was the fruition with the implamentation of Oracle to fit our billing needs and working closely with communications with my co-workers.

I was learning alll of the time sometimes on my own since I was set up at home with vitual private network allowing me to better my skill set.

Atypical day at work was mostly billing, pulling backup for reimbursable expenditures. Answering to Lisa Butler, the Controller at the time regarding A/R and A/P.
Pros
Working with an excellent talented group of people
Cons
Travel time one hour.
not a bad place to work but i am looking for something closer to my home
Civil Design, and Land Development Desktop (Current Employee) –  tallahassee, flApril 18, 2013
the office recently relocated and this added 40 mins to an already long drive into work. the people and office are average nothing horrible no better or worse than anywhere else i have worked
Great company to work for
Right of way Agent (Former Employee) –  Cabot, AR.July 20, 2015
Started abstracting in Lonoke, White and Pulaski Counties in Arkansas and transitioned to survey permitting and then right of way negotiations.
Cons
no health benefits
Engineering Heaven
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 2, 2015
Great place to work and for advancement if you are an engineer. Wonderful opportunities for advancement and great job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hatch Mott MacDonald. Our community is ready to answer.

Hatch Mott MacDonald Reviews by Location