Hatch Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

Unrealistic Expectations
Document Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holyoke MASeptember 2, 2015
Management is not appreciative of the overtime you put in. Unless you literally make your life revolve around work you won't survive here. People have worked until 2:00am-3:00am on numerous accounts. It takes a different breed to be able to work at a place like this. If you're fortunate enough to get one of the very few good managers in this place than be grateful because the majority of people have managers that are unappreciative and play favorites.
Pros
It's a good job if you're a workaholic
Cons
There are many things that are done and not done which then creates a hostile work environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 2, 2015
Great group of managers in the office/department I worked in. Pipeline is a very fast paced division so they require a lot of hours. Typical week was 50 hours Mon-Fri with weekend work usually required in the summer season. People are very nice and they had a great feeling of team unity. Everyone does well working together across departments.
Great company to work for
Right of way Agent (Former Employee) –  Cabot, AR.July 20, 2015
Started abstracting in Lonoke, White and Pulaski Counties in Arkansas and transitioned to survey permitting and then right of way negotiations.
Cons
no health benefits
Breadth of Experience
Civil Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJJune 16, 2015
Working at Hatch Mott MacDonald has provided me a great breadth of experience in the engineering consulting industry,
Engineering Heaven
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 2, 2015
Great place to work and for advancement if you are an engineer. Wonderful opportunities for advancement and great job security.
Fun and Productive
CAD Technician I (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2014
Enjoy some of my co-workers. It depends on what kind of night it was on whether or not it was enjoyable or not.
Civil Engineering Company in The Woodlands
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLES/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 15, 2014
Typical day at work consists of compiling backup documents and data needed for invoicing. Also do Cost Control Reporting on several projects. Putting together invoices for several projects and checking those invoices against backup. I have expanded my skills in Excel through this company. My co-workers are a fun group and we get along very well. Management doesn't always make you feel valuable or needed. Not much room for advancement and they don't utilize all staff to their individual skill sets. I like the people I work with, but management leaves much to be desired.
Good people to work around
Mechanical/Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 19, 2014
Great benefits this company offers, along with good co-workers.
Excellent engineering company
Water Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJFebruary 8, 2014
Excellent engineering company with interesting projects
About Kenexa
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJJanuary 29, 2014
My most favorable experience was working at Kenexa which deveoped ProveIt. I worked with the head of accounting for all Kenexa locations along with other canditates chosen to improve Oracle to fit the company's needs as Oracle was set up for industrial billing as it did not fill a service industries needs. We all worked closley to set the standards for our billing required by our clients.

The most enjoyable part of my work was the fruition with the implamentation of Oracle to fit our billing needs and working closely with communications with my co-workers.

I was learning alll of the time sometimes on my own since I was set up at home with vitual private network allowing me to better my skill set.

Atypical day at work was mostly billing, pulling backup for reimbursable expenditures. Answering to Lisa Butler, the Controller at the time regarding A/R and A/P.
Pros
working with an excellent talented group of people
Cons
travel time one hour.
Hatch Mott MacDonald
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Typical office environment although pretty laid back. Friendly staff and management.
Hired for the possibility of future work, laid off after 4 months
Designer III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 13, 2014
What can I really say here? I worked in a satellite office that was basically run by the lead designer. The main office was down in Houston and they hired me on the prospect of upcoming work that never happened. I took advantage of that time to learn more and grow in my knowledge.

I am sure that if I had been able to be hired in Houston the story might be different, but that is not the case and I don't dwell in the past.

It opened up my eyes to the possibility there is more out there and for that I am greatful. It got me off my butt and moving forward after being stuck in a rut.
Pros
?
Cons
laid off after 4 months, no management besides lead designer.
Good place to work.
party chief (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Good place to work. They keep you busy if you prove yourself, as I did.
Pros
they keep you busy.
Cons
low pay compared to most companies, no benefits.
Good solid company
Role - Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
This is a good solid company that has a good workforce and great potential. The employees are very good technically and are also very enjoyable to work with. The company is growing rapidly which should provide some good opportunities but it also holds some risks.

The management is mixed (separate financial and technical) with the linear hierarchy and the seat of authority being very confused. As a result the management can be confused with a mix of very good managers and mediocre managers. The technical managers are excellent but the financial managers have an odd decision making process.
Pros
excellent 401k contributions, flexible hours
Cons
extra unpaid working hours expected, limited discliplines
Relaxed work environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJNovember 25, 2013
Being an international engineering firm, there is so much diversity and so much to learn and progress.
professional environment
Funding and Client Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 22, 2013
HMM was a good company to work for. The benefits are excellent and the company culture is healthy.
Hatch Mott MacDonald
Senior Estimating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 4, 2013
I was responsible for supporting any HMM office in the U.S. or Canada that needed estimating assistance. Project managers emailed me work assignments which I did and returned in the same manner. I worked independently without supervision, and always met project schedules.
Pros
pleasant working conditions, flexible schedule, telecommuting, benefits
Cons
commute distance
not a bad place to work but i am looking for something closer to my home
Civil Design, and Land Development Desktop (Current Employee) –  tallahassee, flApril 18, 2013
the office recently relocated and this added 40 mins to an already long drive into work. the people and office are average nothing horrible no better or worse than anywhere else i have worked
Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2012
The company is very supportive of one anothers endeavors. Management is good to work with and very supportive. They encourage you to become a better, more efficient worker.