Hatch Mott MacDonald Employer Reviews

Civil Engineering Company in The Woodlands
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLES/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 15, 2014
Typical day at work consists of compiling backup documents and data needed for invoicing. Also do Cost Control Reporting on several projects. Putting together invoices for several projects and checking those invoices against backup. I have expanded my skills in Excel through this company. My co-workers are a fun group and we get along very well. Management – more... doesn't always make you feel valuable or needed. Not much room for advancement and they don't utilize all staff to their individual skill sets. I like the people I work with, but management leaves much to be desired. – less
Good people to work around
Mechanical/Piping Designer (Former Employee), Monroe, LAMarch 19, 2014
Great benefits this company offers, along with good co-workers.
Excellent engineering company
Water Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee), Millburn, NJFebruary 8, 2014
Excellent engineering company with interesting projects
About Kenexa
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Millburn, NJJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: working with an excellent talented group of people
Cons: travel time one hour.
My most favorable experience was working at Kenexa which deveoped ProveIt. I worked with the head of accounting for all Kenexa locations along with other canditates chosen to improve Oracle to fit the company's needs as Oracle was set up for industrial billing as it did not fill a service industries needs. We all worked closley to set the standards – more... for our billing required by our clients.

The most enjoyable part of my work was the fruition with the implamentation of Oracle to fit our billing needs and working closely with communications with my co-workers.

I was learning alll of the time sometimes on my own since I was set up at home with vitual private network allowing me to better my skill set.

Atypical day at work was mostly billing, pulling backup for reimbursable expenditures. Answering to Lisa Butler, the Controller at the time regarding A/R and A/P. – less
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Pearland, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Typical office environment although pretty laid back. Friendly staff and management.
Hired for the possibility of future work, laid off after 4 months
Designer III (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: ?
Cons: laid off after 4 months, no management besides lead designer.
What can I really say here? I worked in a satellite office that was basically run by the lead designer. The main office was down in Houston and they hired me on the prospect of upcoming work that never happened. I took advantage of that time to learn more and grow in my knowledge.

I am sure that if I had been able to be hired in Houston the story might – more... be different, but that is not the case and I don't dwell in the past.

It opened up my eyes to the possibility there is more out there and for that I am greatful. It got me off my butt and moving forward after being stuck in a rut. – less
Good place to work.
party chief (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: they keep you busy.
Cons: low pay compared to most companies, no benefits.
Good place to work. They keep you busy if you prove yourself, as I did.
Good solid company
Role - Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
Pros: excellent 401k contributions, flexible hours
Cons: extra unpaid working hours expected, limited discliplines
This is a good solid company that has a good workforce and great potential. The employees are very good technically and are also very enjoyable to work with. The company is growing rapidly which should provide some good opportunities but it also holds some risks.

The management is mixed (separate financial and technical) with the linear hierarchy and – more... the seat of authority being very confused. As a result the management can be confused with a mix of very good managers and mediocre managers. The technical managers are excellent but the financial managers have an odd decision making process. – less
Relaxed work environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Millburn, NJNovember 25, 2013
Being an international engineering firm, there is so much diversity and so much to learn and progress.
professional environment
Funding and Client Relations Consultant (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 22, 2013
HMM was a good company to work for. The benefits are excellent and the company culture is healthy.
Senior Estimating Specialist (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: pleasant working conditions, flexible schedule, telecommuting, benefits
Cons: commute distance
I was responsible for supporting any HMM office in the U.S. or Canada that needed estimating assistance. Project managers emailed me work assignments which I did and returned in the same manner. I worked independently without supervision, and always met project schedules.
not a bad place to work but i am looking for something closer to my home
Civil Design, and Land Development Desktop (Current Employee), tallahassee, flApril 18, 2013
the office recently relocated and this added 40 mins to an already long drive into work. the people and office are average nothing horrible no better or worse than anywhere else i have worked
Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2012
The company is very supportive of one anothers endeavors. Management is good to work with and very supportive. They encourage you to become a better, more efficient worker.
Positive work environment dedicated to enhancing skills of their employees.
Quality and Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2014
Typical Responsibilities:

•Coordinates the Training and Quality Requirements of the Central Canada Division.
•In collaboration with the senior team and work to identify gaps and improvement opportunities in the company’s current training practices and procedures.
•Ensure consistent application of quality policies while complying with all applicable – more... legal and regulatory requirements.
assure availability of adequate opportunities and funding.
•Has ongoing experience with guiding and directing trainers prior to commencement, during and post learning sessions.
•Active member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee
•Maintains all files pertaining to training contracts and courses including registration lists and relevant databases.
•Attends staff meetings; takes part in collaborative decision-making and goal setting of future training courses.
•Responsible for making sure that Project Managers/Directors adhere to Quality Requirements and Procedures.
•Organizes and leads Monthly Project Manager Workshops.
•Trains Project Manages/Directors on company eforms.
•Trains Canada Central staff on PiMS (the company Project Management Information System.)
•Problem-solves concerns as they arise with trainers/trainees.

I learned:

•Problem solving, learned to build strong relationships with all levels of staff, ability to establish priorities and work under pressure, Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.

Management:

•Positive group, encourage self-development/education, open-door policy.

Co-workers:

•Friendly, supportive, pleasure to work with.

Hardest part of the job:

•Being away from my kids during the day. The job is challenging and suitable.

Enjoyable part of job:

•Getting results, accomplishing planned goals, Meeting deadlines, seeing the end product. – less
very good company
Specialist IV (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: cafateria on premises
Cons: currency exchange
I was in charge of property acquisitions for the Eglinton subway project and civil design, also inroads and field work for other projects for light rail

Working with and doing some training for younger staff, micro station questions,

Lots of young staff right out of school, some with AutoCAD only training, very diverse group from many countries, lots – more... of difficult language barriers.

I love my job and working with young people. – less
Good Company
SEM Tunnel & Permanent Structures Inspector (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
It was great team and good project and experience.
During in this year I try to be familiar with Canadian experience and compare that by my previous ones
Family Feel
Project /Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), BurlingtonJune 15, 2013
Employee-owned company with office across North America. While the company is quite large and continues to grow there is still a close-knit feel.

There is always room for growth and development.
Great dynamics, variety of projects and challenges!
Lead Cost Estimator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 2, 2013
Pros: great group of people and work environment.
Working at Hatch Mott MacDonald has been a very valuable experience. It gave me the opportunity to work with very skilled professionals, great leaders and teams.
Dynamic and productive engineering team.
Ingénieure junior (civil/environnement) (Current Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 13, 2012
A great place to learn and work in the field of infrastructures and transportation.

About Hatch Mott MacDonald

Hatch Mott MacDonald builds North America's underlying framework. The engineering firm, which is a subsidiary of Mott MacDonald, – Read more