Hatch Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews in United States

Great Colleagues/Poor Management
Technician/Mining (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 28, 2015
Most of my colleagues that I dealt with on a daily basis were great. Management was poor. Job performance meant nothing. You could be a great worker (efficient, safe) but get looked over for other people that wasted time but looked like they were doing more work. Quite a few people were overlooked for different opportunities they were more than qualified for.

Many promises were made of expanding our projects and the opportunity to work on different projects, but in the end it always fell through.

Certain management was gossipy and highly unprofessional, especially if you were a decent looking female.

Some legitimate concerns for safety were brushed off or you'd be given a response along the lines of, "you'll be fine."
Pros
colleagues
Cons
management, lack of opportunities, no advancement
Sorry it changed
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 22, 2016
My review is based on the fact that, like most companies, they lost their focus on the employees, their source of income. They become Bean Counters with one goal, show profits for the Share Holders. They did this by reorganizing, with a new Company Name and new Management. Now to show a profit they lay off their sources of income.
Great company!
Rodman/Instrument Man (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 16, 2016
Great company to work for. Stayed busy. Co-workers were hard workers. Management was always helpful. A typical day involved loading and unloading material, using equipment, and clearing paths.
Unrealistic Expectations
Document Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Holyoke MASeptember 2, 2015
Management is not appreciative of the overtime you put in. Unless you literally make your life revolve around work you won't survive here. People have worked until 2:00am-3:00am on numerous accounts. It takes a different breed to be able to work at a place like this. If you're fortunate enough to get one of the very few good managers in this place than be grateful because the majority of people have managers that are unappreciative and play favorites.
Pros
It's a good job if you're a workaholic
Cons
There are many things that are done and not done which then creates a hostile work environment
Stable work
Party Chief (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MA 01040March 13, 2016
i have been working for them about a year and i have enjoyed it so far. the staff is very helpful and very quick about working things out if something goes wrong with equiment etc.
great job and employer
Surveyor Rod (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 15, 2016
amazing work place and employee great work ethic and training had a great learning experience learn something new everyday
Good solid company
Role - Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
This is a good solid company that has a good workforce and great potential. The employees are very good technically and are also very enjoyable to work with. The company is growing rapidly which should provide some good opportunities but it also holds some risks.

The management is mixed (separate financial and technical) with the linear hierarchy and the seat of authority being very confused. As a result the management can be confused with a mix of very good managers and mediocre managers. The technical managers are excellent but the financial managers have an odd decision making process.
Pros
excellent 401k contributions, flexible hours
Cons
extra unpaid working hours expected, limited discliplines
Civil Engineering Company in The Woodlands
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLES/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 15, 2014
Typical day at work consists of compiling backup documents and data needed for invoicing. Also do Cost Control Reporting on several projects. Putting together invoices for several projects and checking those invoices against backup. I have expanded my skills in Excel through this company. My co-workers are a fun group and we get along very well. Management doesn't always make you feel valuable or needed. Not much room for advancement and they don't utilize all staff to their individual skill sets. I like the people I work with, but management leaves much to be desired.
Great company to work for
Right of way Agent (Former Employee) –  Cabot, AR.July 20, 2015
Started abstracting in Lonoke, White and Pulaski Counties in Arkansas and transitioned to survey permitting and then right of way negotiations.
Cons
no health benefits
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MASeptember 2, 2015
Great group of managers in the office/department I worked in. Pipeline is a very fast paced division so they require a lot of hours. Typical week was 50 hours Mon-Fri with weekend work usually required in the summer season. People are very nice and they had a great feeling of team unity. Everyone does well working together across departments.
Engineering Heaven
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 2, 2015
Great place to work and for advancement if you are an engineer. Wonderful opportunities for advancement and great job security.
Hired for the possibility of future work, laid off after 4 months
Designer III (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 13, 2014
What can I really say here? I worked in a satellite office that was basically run by the lead designer. The main office was down in Houston and they hired me on the prospect of upcoming work that never happened. I took advantage of that time to learn more and grow in my knowledge.

I am sure that if I had been able to be hired in Houston the story might be different, but that is not the case and I don't dwell in the past.

It opened up my eyes to the possibility there is more out there and for that I am greatful. It got me off my butt and moving forward after being stuck in a rut.
Pros
?
Cons
laid off after 4 months, no management besides lead designer.
professional environment
Funding and Client Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 22, 2013
HMM was a good company to work for. The benefits are excellent and the company culture is healthy.
Breadth of Experience
Civil Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJJune 16, 2015
Working at Hatch Mott MacDonald has provided me a great breadth of experience in the engineering consulting industry,
Hatch Mott MacDonald
Senior Estimating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJuly 4, 2013
I was responsible for supporting any HMM office in the U.S. or Canada that needed estimating assistance. Project managers emailed me work assignments which I did and returned in the same manner. I worked independently without supervision, and always met project schedules.
Pros
pleasant working conditions, flexible schedule, telecommuting, benefits
Cons
commute distance
About Kenexa
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJJanuary 29, 2014
My most favorable experience was working at Kenexa which deveoped ProveIt. I worked with the head of accounting for all Kenexa locations along with other canditates chosen to improve Oracle to fit the company's needs as Oracle was set up for industrial billing as it did not fill a service industries needs. We all worked closley to set the standards for our billing required by our clients.

The most enjoyable part of my work was the fruition with the implamentation of Oracle to fit our billing needs and working closely with communications with my co-workers.

I was learning alll of the time sometimes on my own since I was set up at home with vitual private network allowing me to better my skill set.

Atypical day at work was mostly billing, pulling backup for reimbursable expenditures. Answering to Lisa Butler, the Controller at the time regarding A/R and A/P.
Pros
working with an excellent talented group of people
Cons
travel time one hour.
Good people to work around
Mechanical/Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 19, 2014
Great benefits this company offers, along with good co-workers.
Productive Place to Work
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2012
The company is very supportive of one anothers endeavors. Management is good to work with and very supportive. They encourage you to become a better, more efficient worker.
Good place to work.
party chief (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Good place to work. They keep you busy if you prove yourself, as I did.
Pros
they keep you busy.
Cons
low pay compared to most companies, no benefits.
Hatch Mott MacDonald
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Typical office environment although pretty laid back. Friendly staff and management.