Hatch Staffing Services Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

What it's like to start at Hatch Staffing as a new Talent Scout
Talent Scout (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 10, 2016
Starting a new job is tough. No matter how deeply you research the new company through social media clicks, online Glassdoor reviews, or chats with former employees....starting a new job will have you shaking in your business-appropriate shoes.

Before starting with Hatch Staffing, I worked in both IT and Light Industrial Recruiting. I was just about to leave a job with Kelly Services that I absolutely positively loved, but the account I was working on was closing due to a merger, and I found myself packing up my office and saying my good-byes.

I was excited and nervous, but Hatch's reputation and reviews filled me with confidence and positive anticipation. Shortly after accepting my offer with Hatch, I was given a book and assessment meant to decipher my strengths. This first step was a delightful change of pace for me. I was used to large company onboarding that involved only signing your name on a few dotted lines and penciling a start date on my desk calendar. I saw that the Hatch Staffing culture was different from the get-go. I thought: “this place invests in its people.” After meeting some of the team and completing my onboarding, I felt and assumed that the company provided the best and expected the best in return. I was attracted to the seemingly small company environment that allows high volume performers to shine. I felt connected and confident in my choice, so I committed by whole-heartedly turning down a counter-offer and other options and hoped for the best.

After a week of working here, I am all in. The training is distinctly rooted in laying the foundation
  more... for success, one step at a time; and I grew to immensely appreciate it. In all of my previous jobs, I experienced very quick speed-training-bits over the first few days. You better be taking notes, or have gotten that lesson completely, because your trainer is busy elsewhere....this is so not the case here at Hatch. New employees are guided, encouraged, and warmly responded to. At first, I felt bad for taking so much time for training. I wanted to start recruiting and yielding results! But I soon realized that the training that Hatch has laid out is imperative to success. They want to provide the best, to yield the best. I have a tendency to go-go-go, but without a strong foundation and a few pearls of wise knowledge, trips and mistakes can happen. This week of training has made me a more confident recruiter and team member.

And let's talk about the culture! For a lack of a better way to put it- the people that make up Hatch Staffing are amazing! Everyone is positive, productive, and supportive. While I've been assigned a direct mentor, everyone is available for questions and insight. In staffing, I feel that it is common to experience an environment of individualistic and negatively competitive energy. Here, I feel it is much more collaborative, and the competition is a positive driving force that ultimately ends in reaching the goal of filling a client's need. This positive competition is also reflected in the company wellness program. I got to end the week with a company-sponsored spin class, and while I haven't participated in a spin class in years, it was so much fun, and I can't wait to take part in more of the weekly events.

So yes, starting a new job is a whirlwind of strong coffee and how-to-lessons, but when your first week involves solidifying a strong foundation of success among a team of positive and supportive coworkers, you can breathe a sigh of relief, update your LinkedIn with a smile, and look forward to kicking off another week.
Pros
Great pay, flexible Fridays/motivational Mondays, an amazing corporate wellness program, birthday celebrations, etc.
Fun place to work
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMarch 10, 2016
Management is horrible.. They clock you out while working, the manager mia is very unprofessional. It's a reason y they turn over rate is extremely high.. Plenty of attractive people that makes the work fun but if you need money I wouldn't dare do it
Cons
No breaks, an if you show up an they dont need people they want re emburst you with gas, or even give you a call to not come in
Hatch Staffing Services Inc
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 29, 2015
This is a good company with room for advancement. It is a fast working environment, but very percise on what needs to be done.
The co-workers are very helpful, it felt like I was workig with family. That was what I liked the most about the job.
Impressive results driven company with work hard/play hard attitude.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 9, 2015
I have had the distinct opportunity to work with the great folks at Hatch Staffing Services as a consultant for at least 5 years. They are an extremely organized, professional and process driven company with a work hard/play hard attitude. Everyone is a team player, knowing that they all win or lose together.
Pros
team focus, motivating executive team, individual growth opportunities
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 4, 2014
no security, no benifits, all temp positions.there's nothing to tell about .
Pros
nothing
Cons
noyhing
Great place to work- high energy and positive culture
Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 20, 2014
Social Media Intern, September 2013 – Present
• Generate and curate all posts on the agency’s social media platforms
• Organize social media content calendar in HootSuite
• Format weekly blog posts
Human Resources Intern, June 2013 - August 2013
• Selected out of 150 candidates to participate in the 10 week Hatch Elite Summer internship
• Co-led social media efforts for Hatch in the national Business Journal Social Madness Competition
• Initiated and created weekly internal communications newsletters
• Participated in strategic marketing and communications meetings with Sales Director and President
• Competed and won against 13 other Hatch Elite interns in Social Media executive presentation
• Selected to serve as interim Executive Assistant to the President for 11 days
Summary
Recruiting Intern (Former Employee) –  MilwaukeeJuly 25, 2013
Great company culture- as an intern though we had no base salary and commission was not received till end of program which was not known until half way through.
need more work, but understand the process for more volum
package handler (Current Employee) –  fedex off morlandMarch 29, 2013
some days are busy and some are not. i prefer to be and stay busy. management has a job as we all do. we are all different as we should be but all should have the same goal, get the work done. all do not. my job is not hard just not enough work.
Pros
i have a pt job
Cons
i don't have a full time permanent job
Solid Staffing Firm
Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2013
I have partnered with Hatch for 4 years and have the utmost respect for this company. They have an extremely strong culture along with quality people throughout the organization. They are very active in the community and big believers in the well being of their employees. They work with professional people and bend over backwards to match their skills with the right client.

I was entertained by the one negative post on this site(obviously a disgruntled employee who couldn't cut it) because of what I know about the environment. Amazing what people will say when they don't have to put their name to it!

Anyway, high marks for Hatch in a very competitive industry. They do it right!
Pros
strong leadership, creative, professional
Hatch taught me how to "WOW" my customers!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2013
I was an employee of Hatch for 9 years and I have to say, it's truly a great place to work! Hatch offers both Career and Leadership Development and your hard work and dedication is always recognized!
Hatch's philosophy is all about strong values and high standards and each and every customer is treated with integrity.
Hatch has a very strong team of leaders and it was a pleasure being a part of such a talented team!
Pros
flexible hours, career and leadership training, bonuses, opportunity to celebrate the wins

Want to know more about Hatch Staffing Services Inc.?

Ask a question
Excellent place to advance your career, build your network, and work with a GREAT team!!!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 5, 2013
I had the pleasure of working in a lead generation role for Hatch while still in college in Milwaukee. I started during the summer with another great group of recruiting interns and we grew together personally and professionally. The Presidet of the company was a constant driver in all of our success and she always maintained an open door policy - she was incredibly approachable, interested in our insights, and often times implemented changes company wide that came from our suggestions, regardless of the fact that we were interns. We enjoyed company picnics, fitness challenges, birthday parties, and other team related fun on a regular basis to keep the entire office engaged and working well together!

The area manager, and my direct supervisor, extended me an offer to stay on part time during the school year in an outside sales role. I was fortunate enough to have had this opportunity because it peaked my interest in sales, and I grew with the amount of responsibility that came with my new role. My supervisor was incredibly understanding and flexible with my schedule, FUN to work with, and had a great understanding of what it took to be successful. The only reason I am not still working there is because I moved back closer to my family after college.

I would highly recommend that you work with OR for Hatch to experience quality, uniqueness, a high level of professionalism, and EXCELLENCE!!
Pros
great culture, flexible, family feel - yet still professional, good pay, unique in a "cookie cutter" industry
Cool Place to work
On Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAMarch 5, 2013
I've worked with Hatch for over 5 years now and honestly it is a great place to work. All of my peers are easy going and the upper management is great. I have worked for fortune 500 companies in the past, and the way you are treated day by day at Hatch, can not compare of how one feels in a big corporation. The president of the company is always going out of her way to make sure that each employee is challenged and engaged. I'm going into my 6th year now and could not think of another place to work.
Pros
benefits, wellness program, peers
Family oriented culture and Advancement opportunities
On-Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Olathe KansasMarch 4, 2013
I absolutely love working for Hatch. I have never worked with a company who had more of a family culture then at Hatch. I work from a different state, yet i never feel left out. I can pick up the phone or send out an email if i need help, and I have multiple responses in minutes, including from the president of the company. It's amazing to see the president of a company willing to work along side with you on any issues or problems that occur. She is willing to get her hands dirty and do whatever necessary. That is so impressive and a huge motivating factor. When you see the president of the company working along side with you and helping you in anyway needed, it makes you feel important and want to care about doing your best. There is definitely room for growth with this company. I started as assistant and was promoted to an On-Site in my first year. Truely a caring company to work for and it starts at the top.
Pros
family culture. can balance work and personal life. room for advancement, great benefits
Cons
no complaints here
Don't bother...
Former Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee WIOctober 29, 2012
I worked here in their Miliwaukee office for a little over a year. The management is horrible. They expect alot from you and pay little. Staying late, is mandatory on some days. They also play favorites with their staff and treat the ones they don't like, like morons.

The so called "president" likes to point fingers, and place blame on staff, rather then coming up with solutions, and her "favorites" are just her little puppets.
They claim that their service is customizable to their clients, but it isnt any different than any other agencies out there. I know, I've worked at a few other local firms.
bottom line, move on from this place. You will get no where, and frankly, being treated the way they treat their staff, isnt worth the headache.
I was fortunate enough to stay here only a year, after resigning for a better position elsewhere where they treat others with respect and dignity.
Cons
poor management, long hours, no support, low pay, no bonuses
Just OK
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 6, 2012
Its a staffing agency and there was a lot of turn over. It didn't seem like the person I interviewed with was looking for me it was sort of a waste of time. I was looking for work and they didn't do anything special. I guess it depends on the day. Hard to get a straight answer. Low pay and they expect a lot. They don't have as many jobs as other agencies. The interview was impersonal and they asked me a lot of weird questions considering I was looking for an administrative job.
Pros
people are nice
Cons
not always a lot of work available
ok place to work
Warehouse Pallet Stocker (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 6, 2012
depends on the day sometimes we were busy sometime we werent just depends. i learned alot from working there. the management wasnt that good at all some co workers were very immture.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks
They will work with you to get you a great job.
Receptionist/ Office Assistant, Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 2, 2012
I had a great experience with this company, they helped me get a great job with the government.
Pros
great companies to work for
Cons
may take awhile to find what you like.
Why you want to wok for Hatch!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 31, 2012
I have worked for Hatch Staffing for over 10 years and each year I continue to learn and grow in my role. I have had the opportunity to implement immediately several of my ideas. Hatch has strong values and puts that into the employees they hire.
Hatch Staffing implemented a wellness program for our entire company based off of one employees suggestion and idea. They provide us with reimbursement for our wellness memberships which only verifies their committment to their employees.
I truly enjoy working for Hatch and the opportunities they have been able to provide me and our team.
Pros
wellness program, flexible schedules, volunteer time, bonuses, business casual
High touch, high quality boutique staffing firm
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 30, 2012
As a current employee of Hatch Staffing, I have nothing but positive feedback to share. Hatch is a staffing service tied to the community with strong values. Hatch respects their clients and associates alike. Even though it may not be possible to help every single person, it is the goal of Hatch to be able to provide a positive experience for everyone. Hatch was founded on the values of Susan Hatch and these values are what drive the organization. I would recommend Hatch to anyone searching for employment or if you are looking for an employee to fill a vacancy. Hatch is able to not just meet your needs, but also make the experience enjoyable!