SUMMARY: Supports the general operation of the food service department by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts monthly safety training meetings.
- Maintains all safety records and charts to ensure proper protocol for all activities and procedures. Works with team to maintain a safe work area.
- Updates and maintains all MSDS records.
- Labels employee timecards for and totals hours for payroll as needed.
- Audits all special event forms and interacts with originator of service request as needed.
- Reconciles all monthly voucher sheets and food delivery receipts for accurate billing.
- Assists in billing and record keeping for all special events.
- Tallies milk and juice usage sheets for prime and middle school as well as special events sheets for middle school.
- Prepares and updates weekly event calendar of kitchen activities.
- Serves lunch to primary school students.
Supervises food service department employees in Director’s absence.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training. Must have previous experience with volume cooking, be able to read a recipe and know weights and measures.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, recipes, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to students, vendors and other employees of the institution.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight and measurement, volume and distance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Food Safety certification course every three years. FBI and Ohio BCI background checks every five years.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, and distance vision.
Hathaway Brown School
19600 North Park Boulevard
Shaker Heights, Ohio 44122