Having established an effective and compelling digital identity, the School is seeking a Digital Media Specialist to oversee the school website and assist in other communications initiatives.
DEPARTMENT: Office of Communication
Reports To: Director of Communication and Outreach
SUMMARY The ideal candidate will have technical website content management experience, outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills, and the energy to participate in a fast-paced office. The Specialist will report to the Director of Communication and Outreach, and be part of a three-member team.
Hathaway Brown is an equal opportunity employer and believes that a multicultural perspective is an essential element of a 21st Century education, and values diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. Compensation and opportunities for professional growth are exceptional.
The Digital Media Specialist will participate in the general workflow of the Hathaway Brown School Communications office. Primarily, the Specialist will:
- Oversee maintenance of the information housed on the Hathaway Brown website
- Assist in the creation and distribution of all publications produced by the office including;
o Gathering news, information, and photographs from various events throughout the school; and will handle administrative duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary oversight of the school website, including serving as the liaison between the school and its CMS provider; making content and design updates; issuing login credentials; and troubleshooting technical and other issues as they arise.
- Create and distribute email communication to school constituent groups.
- Create slides for and make necessary updates to the school’s internal digital billboards.
- Document school events as they happen through reporting and photography.
- Actively contribute to HB’s social media efforts through a variety of platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, and others.
- Assist in the creation and posting of press releases, event listings, and media advisories.
- Launch new digital initiatives as needed in response to the changing social landscape.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have strong technical skills and proficiency with content-management systems for website maintenance, be a self-starter and work well independently.
- Ability to prepare training materials and conduct training on website functions.
- Must have strong written communication skills and demonstrate proficiency in social media.
- Ability to multi-task with strong project management skills.
- Graphic Design skills (Adobe Photoshop and InDesign) a plus. Photography skills a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Writing samples required.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources, Position ID #DMS042413
Hathaway Brown School
19600 North Park Boulevard
Shaker Heights, Ohio 44122