Hattie Larlham

Hattie Larlham Employer Reviews

an enjoyable work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mantua, OHMarch 24, 2015
a typical day at work at Hattie Larlham would consist of helping all individuals with their everyday activities such as cooking, bathing, arts and crafts, laundry and more. my job was to insure that the staff fulfill their duties of helping each individual. I also did paper work, payroll and money management for the staff and individuals.
Working with DD adults is very rewarding
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee), Solon, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Assisting residents daily
bringing a smile to someone else face
I learn how to work well with others
trying to find what makes someone smile who cannot tell you is a little tough...but figuring it out is amazing
Love the clients not the company
Residential Assistant (Current Employee), Uniontown, OHNovember 21, 2014
Pros: more down time than expected, long lasting connecions
Cons: no vacation or benefits for pt, unprofessional admin. office, overworked managers
I hate to complain about the job that has helped me realized what I want to be doing with my life. I have seen things done to these clients and staff. Depending on which shift you work it is a relaxed work day. You learn to love for the residence of the homes as if they were your own family. There is an extremely high turn over rate for both staff and management. Managers usually don't last more than 1-2 years, besides the ones who are willing to do some shady things. Co-workers are okay I mean there are people who get on your nerves but that's life so you'll get over it. You get used to a lot of things such as changing diapers, urine soaked bed sheets, and some medical equipment on the clients. Above all you can make some wonderful connections with the residents and they last longer than you realize.
Productive fun workplace
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee), Mantua, OHOctober 1, 2014
Pros: going on trips with the residents, cooking for the residents and allowing them to feel like they helping
A typical day at Hatties was being able to help so one who can't help themselves.
I learned that we as inviduals some times complain about the small things in life but there is someone who situation is a little worst than yours
Management at Hatties was fair
My co-workers were fun to work with, we did alot of team work to help one another out. We always got along with each other.
The hardest part of the job was watching someone life come to a end.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making those residents happy, putting a smile on their faces. Then going home knowing that you made a diiference in someone life.
Flexible hours
PRN, LPN Respite Nurse (Current Employee), Uniontown, OHSeptember 3, 2014
The client I have is very limited hours, I enjoy the time I can work with the kids, the job is pleasant
Productive and fun work place with crafts, movies, baking ect
Community Companion (Current Employee), Bedford HeightsJuly 24, 2014
Pros: it's a rewarding job, staff gets along great.
Cons: i do not make enough money to support myself fully
I work at Constant Companions full time monday through friday and I love it. It is a good feeling coming into work wondering what the manager has planned for a activity/craft. We do things like have luau's, potlucks, UNO tournaments, bingo ect. Everyone is very good at team work and getting along. We provide care for individuals with disabilities and that helps make it a very rewarding job. The parts of my day that I enjoy most are when you can tell on a individuals face that you just made their day a little bit better.
Group homes and hoe health care for MRDD
Rehabilitation Assistant (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHJune 24, 2014
was hard to find a client in my area. The main campus was nice with great updates. They seem to care about the clients.
Nice working atmosphere
Special Events Internship (Current Employee), Twinsburg, OHJune 11, 2014
The employees at Hattie Larlham are so nice. I really like working here. They are so friendly and outgoing so it made the atmosphere very nice.
Wonderful place to work and very inspirational environment.
LPN (Former Employee), Whispering MeadowMarch 3, 2014
Pros: amazing staff and population, great experience, very challenging and educational.
Cons: high turn over rates and mandatory double shifts if short staffed.
My co workers in this facility were amazing. It was like having an extended family. Everyone is very eager to help each other and provide the highest quality of care to our patients. I perfected my skills in relation to G and J tube feeding and management, peritoneal dialysis, assessment of patients overall wellness without verbal communication, and wound care and assessment. I have grown very attached to my patients in this facility and have a new found respect for this specific population. The work that is done by every department in the facility is above and beyond the standard and I am very proud to have been a part of it.
Fun place to work, but the management is awful
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee), Mantua, OHFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: fexiable scheduler, taking care of amazing individuals
Cons: mandatories, corrective action even with a doctors excuse
A typical day at work would be arriving at 6:30am and getting all 5-6 of my individuals for the day bathed and fed between 8-10, depending on what time they go to school or work. When they get home after school/work I then get them fed and then get them down in their beds and I change and position them. Aside from feeding, changing and bathing them they also have "programs" they do. Some individuals have programs such as a switch where they have to hit a switch in order to make something work, sing, talk etc., other individuals have programs such as stomach lying or side lying where you put them on a stomach lying or side lying positioner in order to stretch out trunks.

The management is awful. They force their full time employees to work one extra shift every other week and if you don't pick up a day from a list then they decide which day/shift you work. The call off policy is also very poor. If you call off 4 or more times within a 3 month period you get a corrective action, it doesn't matter if your sick or you have a doctors note, your automatically written up, no excuses.

My co-workers for the most part are wonderful. They are mostly female, but we do have some male staff. Most of our staff are very committed to their jobs and they love what they do, but there are some that you can tell are only there to make money.

The hardest part of my job is seeing how few families of our individuals actually come in and see them. It absolutely breaks my heart to see how some families just put their kids in our facility and "forgot" about them.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the individuals. They truly are inspirational to me. They do not have one care in the world and they always have smiles on their faces. They make you realize how much in life you truly take for granted.
Hattie Larlham
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee), Mantua, OHDecember 2, 2013
I worked here for a little over 5 yrs. Here i took care of the same 5 girls everyday. I did everything with them from brushing their teeth, to feeding and bathing them to taking them to school and do activities with them.
Great Workplace
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee), Mantua, OHSeptember 20, 2013
Staff takes good care of the individuals, Clients are taken care of daily and their needs are met
Everyone is treated differently
HA (Current Employee), Mantua, OHAugust 16, 2013
Pros: the feeling of helping assist individuals with disabilities with every day needs of living
Cons: short staffed, unfair managment, caddy coworkers
Working with the developmentally disabled, helping them with every day needs of living. Management plays favoritism, especially on 3rd shift. Co-workers are caddy, and talk about everyone there, even people that are their "friends". It's like high-school all over again. The rules change every day, and depending on who you are. Some people can get away with things, while others can't. It's an unfair place of employment.
Fun and friendly place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Mantua, OHFebruary 21, 2013
Co-workers are fun and friendly- know patients well.

Most enjoyable part is interacting with the patients, getting to know them.

Hardest part is working night shift- not something for me and my family- looking for day shift.
A great place to work except for being short staffed.
Manager and Head of Activities (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: helping mrdd clients, having fun with them at times, caring coworkers
Cons: 70+ hour work weeks every week
A great place to work with good coworkers and the ability to make a difference in clients lives every day. The only drawback is that because of being short staffed 70+ hour work weeks were common which did not leave enough time for my own family.
fun and enjoyable work place.
Habilitation Assistant (Current Employee), Mantua, OHOctober 23, 2012
i feel that hattie larlham gives the individuals a place to feel comfortable.
nothing
habilitation specialist (Current Employee), Mantua, OHJune 17, 2012
Pros: the job will work with you on a lot of things
Cons: they watch everything people do.and the rules change daily.
caring for individuals with developmental disabilities.what i learned is the job takes patients.management is ok but it could be better. my co-workers work hard.the hard part is the stress and leaving the residents. the most enjoyable part is the love you get from the residents.
I enjoyed working with the mrdd individuals.
Habilitation Assistant (Former Employee), Mantua, OhMarch 3, 2012
You have to have a passion for working with individuals suffering with mrdd. It takes a very caring and patient person to work in this type of establishment.

Hattie Larlham Salaries