Havana Central Employee Reviews

Great money, horrible management
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 27, 2017
Havana Central was great for making money fast. The best thing about being a server is the flexibility and the opportunity to make quick cash. However, the kitchen and management ran very inefficiently. Almost all managers, except for one, who opened the restaurant with me have either been fired or resigned. They run out of food all the time and they have very long ticket wait times when the restaurant is moderately busy. However, the pros outweigh the cons and that is why I am still there.
Pros
50% off meals, easy money, flexible
Cons
bad management
Awesome and friendly environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 19, 2017
Everyone works together to help eachother out. Most people are very mature and everything is handled professionally and mostly drama free. The music and vibe overall makes the work day fly.
fun amazing people
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, NJMarch 18, 2017
I Started working at Hanana Central when they first opened up at Menlo park mall and it wasn't busy. But I occasionally go there sometimes and I regret leaving cause its really busy there.
Very fun to work at this place
Waiter/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NY 10710January 20, 2017
This place has a great location. Employees are very good to each other. Manager are very flexible when it comes to schedule adjustments.
Ok place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 6, 2017
As a dishwasher a lot of hours are given but you are tied to the restaurant hours aren't definite for example if they say you work 4-12 expect to be leaving at about 1:30 with no access to public transportation so you have to pay a cab home which can go anywhere from 6-18 dollars depending on where you're going. the work is typical of a dishwasher time flies at the job but it also will at home when you wake up and realize you spend more time at work. But if you can deal with that you'll be fine it's an easy going place to work and is very consistent with hours.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No Breaks
productive
Server (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 6, 2016
awesome place to work for if you dont have anything else going on. fun and exciting and have ability to sell stuff. cool and challenging sometimes, management okay.
Family oriented fun workplace with live band
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 1, 2016
A typical day at work would be a positive work environment.
What I learned from this job is to sell and enhance my communication skills.
Management is fair.
My co-workers are friendly, and easy to talk to.
The hardest part of this job is getting food out on time.
The most enjoyable part about this job is we have a live band come in on Thursdays- Sundays.
Pros
Pre meals
Cons
Minimul hours
well
Coo& and Dishzoasher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2016
Monday to Saturday. It is funny time because everybody are social. I work sometimes like cook and sometimes dish room and it is same with whole foods market
Fast paced work environment
busser (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 11, 2016
While working at Havana Central, It was an overall good experience.
It definitely helped me learn more Spanish for one thing. It also helped me become more efficient person. A very fast paced work environment on the weekends so the crowds were somewhat challenging, however when everyone works cohesively, everyone is successful.
Pros
half price discount
Cons
discriminating management.
Fun work place assisting to customers needs.
Host (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work is me at the host stand greeting and assisting to the guests needs. Customer Service is a very big role I play in my job when customers have a question or a problem. I have learned that the customer always needs to leave satisfied and make their need our priority. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I help and fix there problem and they leave happy.
Pros
Free Lunches and 50% Discounts.
Cons
Very Short Staff. Can never find a cover.
well managed
Host (Former Employee) –  yonkers, NYOctober 6, 2015
well managed lovely staff. Felt comfortable right away. Co-workers very respectful, loved working lunch shifts. Nothing but laughter within the staff but got down to business when it came to it.
fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 30, 2014
My past jobs all included setting up for a busy shift such as checking tables to make sure they look perfect. Learning the daily specials from the chef and asking questions if I didn't understand a dish. Mostly doing different things for different places as the job curtailed. Finding out where my station was. Coming to work with a positive attitude and being ready to start my shift.
Pros
Enjoying meeting new people.
Cons
Sometimes very long hours.
fun,fast,stressful wok place
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 16, 2014
I learned a lot at Havana Central restaurants are very stressful and fast place to work at. Learned about the safety and sanitation more working there. The hardest part of the job is working on busy nights and we are not 100% ready and trying to get food out on time. The most enjoyable is cooking because i love to cook and knowing the guests are satisfied. My co-workers are good to work with when we all work as a team.
Great Experience
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 16, 2013
A great job, full of learning responsibilities including scheduling of employees, inventory, ordering
Good to get experience
Lead Porter (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 20, 2013
I learned how to maintain a clean restaurant and what chemicals to use. The management staff has a lack in communication. My co-workers are good people and make the job fun. The job isn't hard just dealing with management makes the job unbearable. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with various cultures and learning new languages.
Pros
work experience
Cons
Healthcare, staff lunches
Great Company to work for
Crew  (Current Employee) –  New York July 17, 2013
Ambitious management, explosive growth, learning company.