HAVAS MEDIA Employee Reviews in United States

Havas Media
Senior Talent Acquisition Partner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
Havas Media is not a company for minorities if you have an opportunity to work at this organization I highly recommend that you look elsewhere. The diversity is non-existent and management likes to gloss things over to make it look as if they are really into diversity which is the farthest thing from the truth.

Look at the differences in salaries for minorities, no promotions, no advancement and no minorities are in charge of any departments within the organization.

I ask that you run not walk away from this organization.
Pros
Magic Kitchen and colleagues below management level
Cons
Racism, discrimination and no promotions for minorities.
Fun and upbeat company
Analytics and Research Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2016
I worked as an intern for the summer - I learned about the company, acted as an assistant and did a lot of data work.I got to work with VPs and Directors and learn about their daily work lives.
Terrible experience.
Search Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Agency has zero concern for the well being of its employees.
Terrible salary and benefits. Endless work hours. Everyone who worked in my department was desperate to leave.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Too many to list
Very Friendly Work Environment
Talent Acquisitions Partner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2015
I truly enjoyed the work and the contribution I made to Havas' new talent. The corporate environment has a great flow and a very relaxing vibe.
Pros
I loved the Magic Kitchen..
Cons
No Cons..
Great place to work!
Media Planning Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2015
Havas Media is definitely a great place to work. Great company company culture. Fun office environment. Wide array of clients.
Pros
Company Culture, People, Clients
Cons
Lack of variety in accounts
Beautiful Office in Tribeca, but workload & nimble teams make for poor work/life balance
Account Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2015
Best part of my day is collaborating with team members on outstanding projects. However upper management does absolutely nothing to foster team spirit, nor do they get involved until team members quit and clients express concern.I've learned to be a great team leader, roll up my sleeves and get in the weeds otherwise direct reports are overwhelmed with workload.
Pros
Easy commute, great office, free snacks in "magic kitchen"
Cons
Promotions are rarely based on merit, think HS popularity contest
Great place to work, very happy people and lots of fun and hard work
Associate Client Accounting Payable (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
Hectic, meetings with vendors, teams and department.
How to be calm and polite and still get the job done in a stressful environment,
Approachable helpful.
Loved my co-workers live like family and we were great team players.
Meeting monthly deadlines each month.
knowing that our clients and customers are satisfied and comfortable with the service we offered them.
Fun place but long hours
Media Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2014
Learned a lot but the place is extremely short staffed. Long hours but they just renovated the space and it has ping pong and bball, and free snacks.
Strong employee culture, hard-workers and good management
Digital Media Planner (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2014
I worked at Havas for 2 years, and enjoyed every moment of it. You must be prepared for hard work and long hours, but the employee culture is great in hat even a bad day always seems to end up pretty good. Management wants the best for you, and although things don't always happen as fast as you might want, their intentions are good and ultimately they'll deliver.
Within my group - lowest turn over, great learning environment, management that listens and cares for employees
Analytics and Research (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 23, 2014
No cut throat mentality. Team members generally care for one another and help each other out. Management listens to issues and acts. Management ensures the well being of the team. The group has inspirational leaders who have a vision of where the department should be headed. Investment in group members is a focus.

CON: Media planning teams sometimes do not account for analytics during planning or scoping stages leading to lack of resources and zero or low quality measurement strategy
Pros
the team's leadership core, great place to learn and grow professionally, smart friendly and approchable team members, hands on training, low turn over (due to leardership and team camaraderie)
Cons
lack of communication between departments
Eye opening into life at an agency
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2014
Working as a research intern at Havas allowed me to understand the work behind target audiences as well as how to maneuver around the competition of our clients. I had insight into the rest of the company. This was a wonderful intern opportunity.
Hate this place
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 26, 2013
High turnover for a reason. The work is stressful, number crunching and boring. Employees have been known to start on their first day and walk right out. Other employees have literally packed up their desks and walked out. They don't pay enough and the work life balance is awful. Shady business practices, getting kickback from certain media therefor they buy more of this media, not the best place to work, at all!
Creative, productive work atmosphere, very team oriented
Integrated Media Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2013
Creative, productive work atmosphere, very team oriented
Growing company
Media Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2013
Good place to work, good learning experience. People are very friendly and there is a good work life balance.
Challenging agency environment and diverse client portfolio
EVP, Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2013
Great team to work with in the Boston office. Interesting clients, strong bench of talent across all media disciplines. Best place to learn the business in New England.
Poor Experience
Miami Office (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2013
For some odd reason the place did not feel right. Then I began to realize, tensions amounted due to poor work life balance. Employee turnover was very high. Antiquated way of handling day-to-day business. No urgency to repair or streamline processes. Sketchy business practices.

My experience was very poor. Maybe yours is better.
Pros
holiday schedule
Cons
low company moral across departments and levels