Havasu Regional Medical Center

Havasu Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Negative Work environment
former Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZMarch 25, 2017
Extremely disgruntled staff, management is horrible, they don't care, they have favorites and they love to bully employees. Very "cliche" environment, two-faced and they reward BAD behavior. Physicians all leaving here and staff as well, worst turn-over of any hospital I have ever worked in. No communication and full of drama.
Do not waste your time applying for a job here. Negative work environment.
Pros
Patients and their family
Cons
Everything and more - Grade F
Would not work here
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZMarch 18, 2017
Doctor owned and for profit setting. Certain employees win favor with doctors and everyone else pays the price. Management is a joke. HR is out of touch with reality.Hospital has a horrible reputation within the community.so bad most people will drive to go elsewhere.
Pros
patients and families
Cons
Doctors, management, HR
Horrible
Not important a nobody (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZMarch 9, 2017
Nurses have too many patients to juggle at once. Alarms constantly going off & unattended.

Management doesn't care.

Disease Control Specialist is a joke.
Pros
No commute
Do not pass go, do not collect $200,do not join or work at Havasu Regional
CLS (Former Employee) –  Havasu CityJanuary 27, 2016
Poor poor management.
Poor HR. Lies Lies.
Poor communication.
Poor Health insurance.
Never worked hospital that need not keep cafeteria open for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years.
Worked 12 shifts in a role with no lunch or dinner break. Management did not care.
Doctor ran hospital that was for profit, had no idea to run a good organization.
Benefits with a third party several states away. If you need help with insurance, "did you call the 800 number." HR no help!
Do not keep there promises.
Pros
Some good employees that are stuck.
Cons
See comments
Lots of experiance
Med/Surg/Tele RN, February (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403November 27, 2016
Great place to work for a new graduate or first time hospital job. I really learned a lot here and was able to travel to other jobs because of the firm foundation it provided me with.
Terrible employee culture, disgruntled staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZDecember 28, 2015
The care at this hospital is top notch. Unfortunately equipment shortages cause unsafe procedures in many rooms including lack of vitals machines, oxygen nozzles, etc. Rapid response team is top notch.

Employee culture was deplorable. I was a pool new grad RN and I felt that contingencies had been created to phase out grad RNs during non-peak season (summer, early fall) as several other pool grad RNs spoke of gossiping, backbiting, and other toxic behavior among staff RNs to pool RNs. Management neglected to correct this behavior. Disciplinary reports were given frequently without direct communication between accuser and accused and employee conflicts were resolved with disciplinary action against accused, no questions asked. I felt that rational discourse in conflicts was absent and that passive aggression was not discouraged. I eventually left due to to decreased hours during summer lag.
Pros
lunches debited from paycheck, no cash needed, pay bump for NOC shift
Cons
poor company culture, employee backbiting
Friendly and honest.
Food Service Worker / cook (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJuly 30, 2014
I am always open to learning, always room for improvement in any job environment. Friendly, fair management in personal opinion. Co-workers are as close as family and friends. Everyone has an off day sometimes its best to cheer someone up then stir the pot. Doing multiple jobs always some days to be easier than others. I don't believe any job is more important than any other, each job has its difficulties. I enjoy working in general, over all I've been call a serious workaholic. I try to work as much as possible/ needed.
Pros
benefits, friendly co workers, and overtime.
Cons
base pay, location.
This Hospital has a nick name of " THE MORGUE "
CPT1 Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZMarch 25, 2014
I was so excited to get a job at the hospital at first because it would give me my phlebotomy job and put me near my family but shortly after working at this hospital I realized things were very wrong.

I ended up resigning from this hospital after 2 months.

I found out a lot of bad things and I did report everything to management in writing before leaving.
Pros
Working at the hospital gives you good benefits
Cons
This is NOT a good hospital to work for
Great place to learn new things!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJuly 31, 2015
The job in itself is grate especially if you came from a background of only doing retail there is tons of fascinating things to learn! The pay was good and the benefits were ok, There was quite a bit of in fighting between departments and between individuals and the turnover was incredible. I had 4 different directors in four years of working there so that got to be stressful too. On the whole it was a good experience.
Pros
Good pay and vacation benefits.
Cons
To much turn around and infighting.
Lack of managment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJanuary 8, 2013
At times given 7:1 nurse, patient ratio.
Put on days when not requested or asked about.
Management had lack of communication with staff.
Benefits were okay.
Enjoyed helping increase a persons health status.
Co-workers at times enjoyable.
I've learned to be more independent.
Decent pay, but not a good place
CNA (Former Employee) –  lake havasu city, azSeptember 15, 2015
CNA s work like dogs..management is very poor. The place is falling apart as we speak. As of now I would never work there again.. I would rather commute.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
poor management and extremely hard work
Fast Paced Work Environment
Radiology Transporter (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJuly 10, 2015
Fast paced work environment focused on patient needs and care. Friendly staff and coworkers always lending a hand when needed. Easy to talk to upper management with our fear of repercussion.
Pros
Reduced lunch
must be will to work hard
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 7, 2015
very busy lab that needs more help with room to grow. Lab is not supported by management as needs to be. each person is on their own.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
will not promote with
Administrator/Director Home Health Services
Administrator/Director, Home Health Services (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZSeptember 1, 2015
In my position as Administrator/Director of HHS at HRMC I learned it was paramount to educate the hospital administration on the differences between hospital and home health care, in order to receive their support.

My co-workers in the position were the absolute best part of the job.

The most difficult part of this job was justifying the hours my staff spent with patients.

I so much enjoy helping others and this position fulfilled that for me.
Good co-workers
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZFebruary 9, 2012
Not a magnet hospital, very limited in benefits. I had a great manager and loved all my co-workers. There was just many factors that made me want to move on. One was the fact that there was no use for my Master's degree at this facility.
Medical Feild
Lead Admitting Patient Rep (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZApril 20, 2015
Registering patients, collections and verifying insurance. Loved the coworker. Loved the patients Very nice setting
The culture has for sure changed
Pros
Nice place
Student Nurse
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZFebruary 27, 2014
A typical day included providing direct patient care to those hospitalized. I learned alot regarding nursing skills, diseases, and treatments. There was always an instructor to guide us when we had issues and needed help. My co-workers consisted of my fellow nursing students as well as hospital staff and everyone was so helpful. The hardest part of the job was being a new student and not always knowing what to do in a particular situation. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients and helping them recover.
Pros
Learned alot as a student
Cons
There were areas where I was not sure how to proceed with care at times
a
Material Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 21, 2012
Management changes hands to many times
hardest part of the job is dealing with people who ask the same questions all the the time

for a samll town they are willing to lay off 35% of the work fource
Great extern site!
Ultrasound Tech, extern (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 7, 2013
This hospitals staff and radiologists were great teachers! They made sure i was well prepared to go to the "real world" and further my career in the most knowledgable way!
Excellent workplace. Interact with all of radiology.
Lead Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJuly 25, 2012
Enjoy management and co-workers. Leaned much about state and federal regulations.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
lots of call hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Havasu Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9