Haven Hospice Employee Reviews

worst leadership
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 15, 2017
I now know what poor leadership truly means. The culture - management by blame. A strong leader is needed quickly to turn the company around - I'm glad i no longer work there.
Pros
excellent location and campus
Cons
weak leadership
The upper management sucks
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bunnell, FLNovember 12, 2017
I worked there for over a year. There was lots of staff turn over because of upper management. Vice president is rude and doesn't care about employees. They only care about money and not quality of care for there patients. Loved what I did but they screwed multiple people who worked for them. People who worked there for years for no reason other than their own personal gain. Feel sorry for my coworkers but I got out before things got bad. I just feel sorry for the patients that the President and vice president don't care about.
Loved my boss!
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 21, 2017
Highly recommend working there. They had a great 401 plan and health insurance. Large company and offered social activities to get to know fellow employees.
Pros
My Boss and people in my department.
Cons
High turnover rate for good reason
RN (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLOctober 5, 2017
Love the hospice ministry and the privilege of providing comfort, care and compassion to patients and families, but in order to do so means working 14 to 16 hour days if you work in the care center; the home team nurses can have 25+ patients each and can easily put in 60 hour work weeks but are only paid a salary based on 40 hrs/wk. The nurses are bogged down with too many time consuming tasks that are not related to patient care...I've worked here for a few years and it just keeps getting worse. Very, very sad. The turnover rate here is quite high for nurses.
Pros
Hospice is a wonderful and needed ministry.
Cons
Nursing staff is trampled and crushed...morale is in the pits
productive work environment
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 13, 2017
The company is very well organized and staff members are very supportive with helping other staff members when needed. The company had a very positive demeanor.
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  cleveland, msAugust 25, 2017
poor management, no benefits, job wasn't security. I need a security job, managent don't know how running a business right. I need a better job in Mississippi
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
I am a volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Bunnell, FLJune 29, 2017
I serve on the Community Advisory Board. I love this organization. The board meets quarterly to review how the local Hospice organization is performing. We learn about event in the area and how we can contribute.
Productive and fun
Voulenteer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 23, 2017
A great place to work and volunteer. Great productive and work environment, wonderful work environment. Gives you the chance to meet new people and make a difference
Management problems
HOSPICE NURSING LPN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 21, 2017
I loved working with the patients and families. Its hard to get 36 hrs in a week because census changes daily and you will get called off, you are then expected to use all of your PTO. When you run out , you are called off without pay. New upper management is harsh and heartless. They do not care about employees, only their bottom line. Strange for a non-profit org....
Nurse Case Management
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 12, 2017
The on boarding process takes a long time and the orientation process afterwards is not very good. The company is lacking good administration and poor communication throughout. The pay is good but the job is very demanding and commands long days.There is a team approach to the care of the patients. Being able to help patients transition through the stages of death comfortably can be very rewarding.
Amazing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 17, 2017
During my time at Haven Hospice I was able to assist in making the lives of our patients and families better.
Working in the Corporate Compliance Department and Risk Department was satisfying and rewarding
Fair
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLApril 24, 2017
Emotionally draining line of work, but the company would teach you how to cope. I loved my job there, however was let go for no reason. I had a medical issue that was temporary and they let me go because of it.
Be ready to spend more in gas & repairs
Certified Nurse (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLApril 19, 2017
Worked ć company for many years,loved it loved my clients. Spent more time driving than anything. Gas reimbursement wasent worth it. Which had gotten worse when admin changed. Clints treated great .upper mang. very sneaky. No trust.
Pros
Health care insurance decent
Cons
Time off was a mute point, don't expect spending a weekend ć your family, start @ 7-730 am sometimes off by 5 others off later, census low you'll need another job to pay bills
Great enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant / Life Counselor (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLApril 19, 2017
Haven Hospice is a great place to work. You are hands on with the patients and families. this is a comfortable environment where you can be your self and display your people skills. Everyday was valued working here.
Pros
The management is awesome!
Cons
12 hour shifts only in care center
Rewarding place to work
Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 5, 2017
The days are busy but we have a great team that is dedicated to the job and in doing the best we can for our patients. We work well together and have fun with each other.
Pros
Rewarding feeling in helping our patients
Service-driven staff - personally and professionally.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bunnell, FLMarch 5, 2017
Haven Hospice is a collaborative, multi-cultural group of employees, dedicated to the singular cause of comfort, care and compassion for hospice patients of all ages. I learned the many aspects of end-of-life decisions and available services. A typicasl day at work for me was mainly as an office manager providding support to an administrative/ clinical Team. Management is miostly supportive and available. The hardest part of the job was the loss of patients and the grief of caregivers. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with co-workers, both personally and professionally.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Staff turn-over
Has great potential
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMarch 1, 2017
It can be a great place to work depending on your location, They cut hours a lot and there is not a lot of team work. if you are not a favorite of the head people work can really be unpleasant
Provides Comfort, Care, and Compassion to those Served
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLJanuary 30, 2017
The comfort, care, and compassion offered to staff is both motivating and compassionately draining. The team are a valuable resource to one another, and second to none.
Bad office atmosphere
Does it matter? (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLAugust 5, 2016
Terrible office atmoshere. No one happy here. Turnover of employees should be addressed. Too much office drama that is never addressed or corrected. Wrong people run the "show". Feels like you are always being scrutinized by "receptionist . If you like watching your back continuously and afraid to speak up this is the place for you... could never recommend Haven. If this is how they treat their people. Could you imagine how patients are treated. Have witnessed how "some office staff" talks about patients and/or their family members.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Treats people awful.
watch your back
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 2, 2016
they tell you a lot of lies to get you in the door then once you start working theres a total , most employees are rascist but try to hide it and the patients with the most money are called vip s

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haven Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9