Haven Hospice Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work with a lot of different tasks
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSOctober 1, 2015
Usually arrive at work aroud 8:30. Greeted by a friendly staff, few minutes to enjoy coffee, breakfast, past day events, etc. Go to work station and get organized for things to do. When volunteers arrive, go over duties and expectations for the day. Hardest part is maintaining good volunteers. Most enjoyable part is meeting new people all the time and showing them new skills.
Pros
AMPLE TIME OFF, NO HOLIDAYS AND WEEKENDS, BOSS HELPS WITH EXTRA FINANCES
Cons
NO PAID TIME OFF, NO MEDICAL EXPENSES PAID BY COMPANY
Haven Hospice was a wonderful and instructive
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CASeptember 8, 2015
I arrived at work at 8:30 in the morning when I was going to work in the office, There I learned how to organize the client file, write progress, and discharge notes, along with other office tasks, supervisor and co-workers, were very kind and helpful, I enjoyed making clients home visit, but sometimes it was hard for me to see the client in pain.
Pros
flexible shift
Cons
long hours work
The work place was a wounderful and nice place. All the co-woks was great to work with.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lake City FLAugust 24, 2015
Haven Hospice was a wonderful and safe place to work for. All my co-works was always a there to help if you need help they were always a wonderful group to work with.
Haven Hospice
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CaliforniaJune 7, 2015
I was hired as Data Entry. I was taught how to put patient information in the computer for each patient that was on hospice. Worked with the pharmacy for prescriptions, I also took notes during the morning meetings and typed them for the weekly IDT meeting.

Hardest part of the job? The computer, I was not familiar with the system, but again on the job training.
Most enjoyable part of the job? Being around the employees.
Haven Hospice is an excellent workplace
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Haven Hospice provides excellent Palliative Care to their patients by a highly skilled and dedicated staff. Patient care is a team effort and staff all work well together. The most enjoyable part of this job is patient and family contact and the realization that we are making a difference for them at this difficult time. Management provides an environment that is conducive to providing the best care possible by keeping us informed of the latest accomplishments, regulations in health care. In addition to FL required CEU's Haven additionally requires staff to complete education management feels will assist in providing the best care.
Fun workplace, fulfilling work being done and staff are professional and easy to get along wiht
Bereavement and Quality Enhancement Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 31, 2014
As a Volunteer I learned Clerical/Organizational Duties: Performed clerical work such as correcting and updating patient and patient family information.I Typed, sealed and mailed bereavement letters to families, and organized facility files. Worked in Quality Enhancement Department administering surveys to patients and their caregivers about their satisfaction of Haven services.
Pros
quiet work place
Cons
Very nice place to work and I loved it
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLNovember 18, 2014
This is a wonderful place to work. I worked 12 hour shifts and I cared for 4-6 patients a day. I made sure they were clean, happy and comfortable all day. Including taking care of the families at this difficult time. I showered and bathed 2-3 patients a day. I also helped my other coworkers with their work. The hardest part of working at hospice is seeing family members grieve, I am able to love them and give them affection when needed. I enjoyed all my patients and being able to make them laugh.
Pros
nice atmosphere, great patients
Cons
drama
Great place to work!! Challenging and Rewarding
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 17, 2014
Very busy organization, fast paced. Focused on quality patient care - focused on what is best for the patients and their families.
There are many challenges with hospice care regulations and the current changes, sometimes a bit overwhelming.
Computer system can be a frustration, but all healthcare employers have computer problems.
Very supportive co-workers. They are all very professional and work well as a team.
Love this place! Plan to retire from Haven!
Managers and HR staff very approachable and supportive. Good to work with - listen to us.
Pros
organization's mission; focus on patients & quality care; co-workers ; supportive work environment
Cons
on call responsibilities
Strong liason between patients and medical staff
Hospital Liaison/Case manager RN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 11, 2014
I spent countless hours coordinating services between medical staff, patients and their families. I educated the patients/families about their disease and options while providing both in-home and hospital nursing care. The most difficult part of my job was being present when patients expired. The families usually wanted me to be there as a source of support for them. I learned that having Hospice does not mean that you are "giving up on life". It is one of the best forms of palliative care.

I was frequently on-call and the long hours made it difficult to spend time with my family.
Pros
source of support for the patients and families as a result of working closely with them
Cons
on-call hours
I am honored to be included in this part of my patient's life.
RN Case Manager/staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 18, 2014
The hardest part of working for hospice is when a patient is having trouble with symptoms that are difficult to manage, like pain, and it takes a while to finally get the symptom under control. At this stage of life, many people are wondering what lies ahead, if they are not yet sure. I am honored to be able to spend time with my patient and family members in discussion about what can be expected physically as well as on a spiritual level.
Pros
visiting my patients in their environment and keeping them comfortable.
Cons
micromanagement
Patients with money are called VIPs
Continuous Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 14, 2014
Patients are treated according to their social/economical status. The less money you have the less important you are. Nurses often say " This is a VIP patient". Which usually get them better care.

Managements main concern is bottom line.

Be prepared to kiss up or not gt promoted Turnover at this place is higher than I have ever seen especially in HR.
Pros
great patients and familes
Cons
carolyn webber- big red
Very rewarding work with wonderful patients and families, super staff
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Chiefland, FLMarch 5, 2014
Team members worked well together. I felt that caseload and on call interfered with patient care. The lack of dedicated bereavement services put quite a strain on the social workers who could not devote adequate time to the needs of grieving loved ones. Other companies have specialized teams of bereavement counselors (these services are not covered by Medicare.)

I resigned due to high stress and realization that I am more suited to part time employment these days.
Pros
adequate salary, wonderful staff
Cons
frequent on call and unmanageable caseload (if done clinically properly
Haven is a wonderful place to work.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CADecember 26, 2013
I started working for Haven as a volunteer for one of my class room assignment, they like me so much they hired me on as one of the companion. I was able to content going to school and work at the same time and kept my grades up.
They are a caring Hospice company doing wonderful things across the US.
Pros
getting to work with wonderful peoples (co-workersl and clients), working outdoors was also a plus, you get to meet diferent peoples in different parts of the medical fields, but more important i enjoyed working with my seniors and the other hospice patients.
Cons
they really need to increase the pay.
Work here if you like to be tormented
Survivalist (Former Employee) –  What price would you pay for your sanity?December 15, 2013
The politics within this company will suck the life out of you. Expect to be walking on eggshells, unless you agree to be a puppet. A Like and Don"t like list exists based on your willingness to be controlled. Be prepared to start taking anti depressant and anxiety medication. The good thing is that you won't have worry about having to think because that will be done for you, regardless of your educational level. Don"t forget to pack your bottles, diapers and creams, which you will need...since you be treated like an infant on a daily basis.
Pros
caring for clients
Cons
management, working 24 hrs per day, no life and for a bonus you will get no respect.
CNA, Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLOctober 30, 2013
Haven Hospice was a great place to work we were into our patients it's all about them
Pros
30 min breaks
Very interesting learning new procedures
Part Time Employment (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 30, 2013
Everyone was very helpful showing me new helpful ways to help my co workers. I enjoyed it very much.
a nice place to work
CNA/ Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Palatka, FLSeptember 6, 2013
I enjoyed the benefits of being able to go take care of patients in there home. I also like the hours that we workes, as for the managenment it changed handds alot in the 2 years i was there.The co-workers i had were very enjoyable, the hardest part of the job was know that the patients would pass at any point. The most enjoyable part of the job was know that i did the best i could to care for the patients i seen everyday.
Many excellent care givers, poor senior leadership
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 12, 2013
There are many well qualified, compassionate care givers providing excellent services to patients and families. Senior leadership is pretentious and disconnected from service delivery, making it a challenging place to work for management-level employees.
Pros
excellent care and reputation in the community
Cons
leadership
small family company
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAApril 18, 2013
Small family owned company with little opportunity for advancement
hospice care, mostly total care
cna (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 4, 2013
i enjoyed hospice while i was there. i got along fine with co-workers and made friends. i learned a lot working closely with the nurses during crisis, dealing with families and various wound care. hardest part of job was not hussling as one boss put it. most enjoyable was making sure patient was comfortable and easing the stress on the families
Pros
helping and caring for patients, and at one time teamwork among the workers
Cons
everything began to be hecktic and rushed, poor communication