Haven Employee Reviews

Worst time ever
Sport instructor (Former Employee) –  LakelandJanuary 17, 2016
Would be such a good job! Ruined by sports management! Worked up to 14 hours in a day! Loved what I was doing but always low staffed because people always left because of how badly the place is ran!! Some days I was close to tears as they would put on back to back sessions from 9 o'clock to 8 o'clock at night! If it was properly ran by people who actually cared about people then it would be a good place to work
Pros
Team card
Cons
Long hours, a lot of stress
Volunteer
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCJanuary 5, 2016
- cleaned and fed the animals.
- how to deal with timid animals.
- The co-workers would be working with me and helping me with adoptions.
- Seeing the animals not get adopted and having to see animals come in beaten up.
- Seeing how happy the animals was after being adopted.
Pros
Happiness of the animals and people
Cons
Seeing hurt animals
productive and fun with helping people and working with others
Secretary (Former Employee) –  West bloomfieldApril 11, 2015
It was a very good experience for me, and I learned a lot of professional tips from my colleagues. I filed papers, responded to emails, and answered the phones.
Amazing Opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rye, NHFebruary 26, 2015
This was a high paced, high energy environment. I enjoyed success wearing many hats and being directly involved with the growth of the business. Each day I would jump from one job to another in a second. I was able to assist the marketing department which advance my skills a great deal. The co-workers were amazing and ready to work. My management team relied on my and allowed to me to meet challenging goals and allowed to me to grow in my position. The most difficult part of the job was staring from scratch however this was also the most rewarding.
Pros
challenging
Cons
no benefits, no long term security
Effective Personal Care Home, clients and family members were satisfied.
Haven of Peace Personal Care Home Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hephzibah, GAFebruary 26, 2015
I managed/owned this facility. Each day was geared towards engaging clients in healthy lifestyle choices while participating in physical activities, interacting with other clients, and maximizing their ability for daily living. Great place to work.
Pros
having the ability to make a difference in the clients life
Cons
not enough flexibility
Haven Corp
Apprehension Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2015
not to satisfying and couldn't get paid what I was truly worth. Hours inconsistent but that is the nature of this job. Working this while working on masters
Typical Day
Psychology Intern (Board Member Non paid) (Former Employee) –  sanford ncFebruary 3, 2015
Get up in the morning to pray
Eat breakfast
plan to do something i havent done before to be sure that i am effective in every way i can be.
make sure that my son is off to school and knows what to do upon returning home
i would go out into the community to see what i can do to impact someone life. ie. feed homeless, encourage some one, listen to some one and then home to cook dinner
listen and help son with home work quality time with son and then off to bed after praying and spending time in the presence of the lord
Pros
effective
Great job
Mentoring & Tracking (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2014
­ Mentoring and tracking at risk youth
­ Helping adolescents to develop and maintain an adult lifestyle
­ Monitor their progression by maintaining communication with their parents
Real Estate Trainer
Real Estate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 6, 2014
Fast paced real estate organization with more than 100+ sales agents with AAA+ ambition. Responsible for the training and assisting with sales and refinance transactions and ensure state regulations were followed specifically concerning trust accounting and handling high risk transactions. Coordinated the marketing strategy and canvassing approach of sales teams. Responsible for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to sales manager of all sale and resale commissions, trust accounting procedures, ethics training, disclosure requirements, appraisal reports, and standard marketing and sales procedures. Able to work well with agents in a very stressful environment. The most difficult part of my job was retaining the super agents as there was always a high rate of turnover in our business. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was knowing that I assisted an agent in closing a transaction that would enable him or her to pay their bills!
Pros
loved the pressure to close a transaction
Cons
hated the pressure to close a transaction
very faced paced
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 31, 2014
I really enjoy volunteering here, it is a client ran treatment center.
I learned to work with other people as a team.
Feminist workplace with focus on self-care
Director of Prevention Education (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 5, 2014
HAVEN is a pretty good place to work, overall. The benefits are not the best, though.
If I could've stayed I would've
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIJanuary 14, 2014
This was by far the best job. The people were lovely and fun. They genuinely cared for you and wanted you to do your best. I learned a lot about the human factor and honestly some things I didn't because a lot of walk ins came in fearing for their life. But it was a great learning experience and development for myself.
Stepping stone to life
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2013
I feel that this has helped me so much and i have gotten my life back on track.
Pros
mircles, good times
Cons
tired
Shelter Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIOctober 10, 2013
Great co-workers, difficult and stressful job.
No real chance at advancement
Working with clients is the best part of the job
i was a dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTOctober 8, 2013
job was not fun. i just washed and put dishes away. some times till 1am.
Pros
working with food
Cons
i was a dishwasher
Very rewarding.
Development Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIAugust 8, 2013
HAVEN is a well known not-for-profit organization that gives sincere help and understanding to those who suffer from domestic violence. Employees at this organization were treated like family, a cozy environment. One especially rewarding part of this job was helping to organize small and large fund-raising events, one as such is the Promenade of Hope, a typically large-scale black tie event that is well-known in the Metro Detroit area.
Pros
great benefits.
They work with u on your hours
CMT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2013
I have been working here for a year and I got to know the patients and able to use my skills here
Pros
they work around my hours
Cons
none that i can think off
serious but fun job working with children and trying to help them through a difficult time
Youth Care worker (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 22, 2013
supervise children in making sure they got to school, dr's and dental appoints. Learned how mentally strong some children can be and also how sad others situation was. Great co-workers, enjoyed seeing the kids who turned 18 go on to college or jobs.
Run work place lots of entertanment
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIAugust 13, 2012
Everyday there is something new to do and see all the time and always meeting new people.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
short brakes
Fulfilling and productive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAApril 30, 2012
I enjoyed interning here and I enjoyed working with the ladies and doing counseling sessions with them. I wish I could have worked there but there were no positions available at the end of my internship.