Haven Employee Reviews in United States

very productive and nice people
Dietary Aide/Server (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty hectic and busy. I learned how to be more patient and listen to the residents' stories. Management is full of amazing people- you can go to them for anything. I was even given a cake for my birthday.My co workers are very nice and super helpful.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late breaks sometimes
Great place for college students to work and receive experience as a receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work consist of greeting guest, answering phone calls, tending to the needs of residents, managing the front desk, completing sales transactions, arranging ballroom for the event of the night, preparing copies of newsletters and calendars, and aiding to manager.
I learned how to manage time efficiently, deal with all kinds of people, make rational decisions on my own, and to complete multiple task in a timely manner.
I couldn't ask for a better manager or co-workers. We are definitely like a family and we would do anything for one another.
The hardest part of my job is enforcing our pool hour rules to the children and telling them they have to leave at a specific time depending on the day of the week
The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with the residents and making them smile.
Awesome Faciltity
Chef (Former Employee) –  Kennett, MOApril 1, 2016
Great to be creative at preparing meals for such special and wonderful people.Every day something new could and would happen.
Pros
schedule and management
Cons
co worker absences.
Meaningful work
Survivor Advocate (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTFebruary 24, 2016
Answering crisis line and providing support in a shelter setting. Participants share their stories and open up a very tender part of their lives to you. It is a very powerful experience and I am thankful for having had the opportunity to be a part of it.
Safe Workplace
dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 24, 2016
I had been working for them almost three years. I really enjoyed working with the kitchen people and of course my dietary director. I learned many new things daily to keep the work environment safe. Also, worked well with others around the building.

The hardest part of the job was that I was the only deaf person that worked there and faced many challenges than hearing people does. For instance, the fire alarm went on and I didn't hear. I had people from the kitchen department let me know and what went on. I had my manager let me know what went on and what things I aware of. So, that way I didn't have to be lost in the communication with hearing people.

I enjoyed working with kitchen people. We worked as the team and almost felt like family. Free food, obviously.
Pros
free food
Cons
n/a
Worst time ever
Sport instructor (Former Employee) –  LakelandJanuary 17, 2016
Would be such a good job! Ruined by sports management! Worked up to 14 hours in a day! Loved what I was doing but always low staffed because people always left because of how badly the place is ran!! Some days I was close to tears as they would put on back to back sessions from 9 o'clock to 8 o'clock at night! If it was properly ran by people who actually cared about people then it would be a good place to work
Pros
Team card
Cons
Long hours, a lot of stress
Volunteer
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCJanuary 5, 2016
- cleaned and fed the animals.
- how to deal with timid animals.
- The co-workers would be working with me and helping me with adoptions.
- Seeing the animals not get adopted and having to see animals come in beaten up.
- Seeing how happy the animals was after being adopted.
Pros
Happiness of the animals and people
Cons
Seeing hurt animals
productive and fun with helping people and working with others
Secretary (Former Employee) –  West bloomfieldApril 11, 2015
It was a very good experience for me, and I learned a lot of professional tips from my colleagues. I filed papers, responded to emails, and answered the phones.
Amazing Opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rye, NHFebruary 26, 2015
This was a high paced, high energy environment. I enjoyed success wearing many hats and being directly involved with the growth of the business. Each day I would jump from one job to another in a second. I was able to assist the marketing department which advance my skills a great deal. The co-workers were amazing and ready to work. My management team relied on my and allowed to me to meet challenging goals and allowed to me to grow in my position. The most difficult part of the job was staring from scratch however this was also the most rewarding.
Pros
challenging
Cons
no benefits, no long term security
Effective Personal Care Home, clients and family members were satisfied.
Haven of Peace Personal Care Home Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hephzibah, GAFebruary 26, 2015
I managed/owned this facility. Each day was geared towards engaging clients in healthy lifestyle choices while participating in physical activities, interacting with other clients, and maximizing their ability for daily living. Great place to work.
Pros
having the ability to make a difference in the clients life
Cons
not enough flexibility
Haven Corp
Apprehension Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2015
not to satisfying and couldn't get paid what I was truly worth. Hours inconsistent but that is the nature of this job. Working this while working on masters
Typical Day
Psychology Intern (Board Member Non paid) (Former Employee) –  sanford ncFebruary 3, 2015
Get up in the morning to pray
Eat breakfast
plan to do something i havent done before to be sure that i am effective in every way i can be.
make sure that my son is off to school and knows what to do upon returning home
i would go out into the community to see what i can do to impact someone life. ie. feed homeless, encourage some one, listen to some one and then home to cook dinner
listen and help son with home work quality time with son and then off to bed after praying and spending time in the presence of the lord
Pros
effective
Great job
Mentoring & Tracking (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2014
­ Mentoring and tracking at risk youth
­ Helping adolescents to develop and maintain an adult lifestyle
­ Monitor their progression by maintaining communication with their parents
Real Estate Trainer
Real Estate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 6, 2014
Fast paced real estate organization with more than 100+ sales agents with AAA+ ambition. Responsible for the training and assisting with sales and refinance transactions and ensure state regulations were followed specifically concerning trust accounting and handling high risk transactions. Coordinated the marketing strategy and canvassing approach of sales teams. Responsible for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to sales manager of all sale and resale commissions, trust accounting procedures, ethics training, disclosure requirements, appraisal reports, and standard marketing and sales procedures. Able to work well with agents in a very stressful environment. The most difficult part of my job was retaining the super agents as there was always a high rate of turnover in our business. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was knowing that I assisted an agent in closing a transaction that would enable him or her to pay their bills!
Pros
loved the pressure to close a transaction
Cons
hated the pressure to close a transaction
very faced paced
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 31, 2014
I really enjoy volunteering here, it is a client ran treatment center.
I learned to work with other people as a team.
Feminist workplace with focus on self-care
Director of Prevention Education (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 5, 2014
HAVEN is a pretty good place to work, overall. The benefits are not the best, though.
If I could've stayed I would've
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIJanuary 14, 2014
This was by far the best job. The people were lovely and fun. They genuinely cared for you and wanted you to do your best. I learned a lot about the human factor and honestly some things I didn't because a lot of walk ins came in fearing for their life. But it was a great learning experience and development for myself.
Stepping stone to life
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 5, 2013
I feel that this has helped me so much and i have gotten my life back on track.
Pros
mircles, good times
Cons
tired
Shelter Manager (Current Employee) –  Merrill, WIOctober 10, 2013
Great co-workers, difficult and stressful job.
No real chance at advancement
Working with clients is the best part of the job
i was a dishwasher
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTOctober 8, 2013
job was not fun. i just washed and put dishes away. some times till 1am.
Pros
working with food
Cons
i was a dishwasher