Havenwyck Hospital Employee Reviews

Challenging work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 3, 2018
Supportive management and coworkers. Great hourly wage and sign on bonus. Constantly changing work environment provide wide variety of experience with mental health patients.
Pros
Dedicated staff
Cons
Aggressive patients can be a potential hazard.
productive and fun workplace
Residential Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Havenwyck HospitalJanuary 4, 2018
Working at Havenwyck Hospital was definitely a learning experience. I would recommend working here to people. They have good hours and are willing to work around your schedule.
good place
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 19, 2017
i enjoyed working here just needed another shift, very fair, management is very good they are there when you need them, would recommend this job to friends and family. I really wanted to stay with this company but things at home changed and i could not work the midnight shift anymore.
Friendly place to work, employee meals for $1.00
Clerk in Medical Records Department (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 13, 2017
Havenwyck is a great place to work but unfortunately my position offered no room for advancement and extremely limited hours. I was only hired in as a part-time contingent employee, so it is not unexpected. I am only moving on in order to find a full-time position.
Fast Pace Job
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 30, 2017
Fulfilling job, patient care, and colleagues make Havenwyck an amazing place to work. If you enjoy helping others, then you'll truly enjoy working at Havenwyck hospital.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lack of amenities for night shift workers
great people to work with
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIAugust 29, 2017
most of the employees at HavenWyck are great to be around. They work hard and are trained well. I have learned how to deescalate patients with kindness as well as look for signs of crisis situations. HavenWyck was a good start for my career path.
Internship
Executive Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 16, 2017
This employer was temporary as I just interned there while finishing college. I worked in the human resource department doing administrative work. Overall it was a great place to work.
Good learning experience
Residential Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIApril 28, 2017
I really enjoyed the job although due to the job itself some days were more stressful than others and it was hard not to let it wear you down. Lost my position and benefits when the program I worked for was cut.
A great option for new nurses
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 4, 2017
I've worked there for 8 months now and have a lot of great things to say about it. I feel that the management is not understanding of issues with ratios but that may be a issue with all hospitals. I look forward to learning from this system as well as others as I progress as a nurse
Pros
Easy
Cons
High ratios
Great place to work and work with disabled others.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 23, 2017
Front desk associate . My review on this job is great I loved being the front desk associate , full time position reasonable breaks and off on weekends.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long breaks
Very productive company
ADMITTING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 5, 2017
Very rewarding job in changing peoples lives for the better and helping them get back to being more productive people in society. usually stay very busy and high pace working environment.
Pros
Pay, rewarding, busy environment
Cons
stay till task is complete
productive enviroment for stepping stone.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to learn the ropes about mental health, and working in fast paced, and extremely stressful environment. Nurses are great, and very helpful. A lot of teamwork and a variety of areas to work at with adults or mental health children. and helped me to gain a lot of experience working with mental health youth, and patients overall.
Pros
great potential to learn, and gain firsthand knowledge.
Cons
had to buy meals, and low pay.
Great learning experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 13, 2016
It is a busy hospital. There are multiple admissions and discharges daily. The average length of stay for a patient is 7 days because insurance companies/agencies dictate the number of days a patient is admitted. I enjoy working with the patients and my co-workers. It has been a great learning experience. There have been recent changes in management. The hospital is trying to change the environment which takes time. Overall it has been a good experience for me!
Pros
Patients, co-workers
Good company to work for
Certified/Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 13, 2016
Good company to work for in the beginning but a lot changed over the years with new ownership. Alot of employees were either downgraded or let go due to the economy. Hopefully with the new Rite Aid venture things will turn around
Inpatient and outpatient hospital was a great place to work.
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 8, 2016
Everyday was a different day at Havenwyck Hospital. Some patients were long term and some were visiting on a short term basis. I enjoyed working with my staff and management, but most of all the patients.
Management offers no guidance
Psychiatric Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 9, 2016
Enjoyed all of the individuals I worked with. Management does not help to bring units together, sorely lacks in problem solving abilities and spends more time looking the other way than adhering to company standards and guidelines.
Verifying Healthcare Insurance
Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 28, 2015
What I learned during my internship, is that there are many different types of insurances and verifying what type of insurance a patient has is crucial on how the hospital recieves payment for services rendered.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
My job can be rewarding, hartfelt, and challenging.
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 2, 2015
I love the type of work at this job because the time goes by so quickly. Very fast paced and demanding. Multi-tasking is a given, on very busy nights. The work is rewarding, when you see so many clients seeking help.
Pros
I work midnights, which shift premium helps. Overtime is needed.
Cons
Rarely have time to break or take a lunch.
Terrible company
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 4, 2015
Poor morale, terrible communication. No compassion for patients in such a vulnerable setting and no compassion for employee needs. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
Effective treatment facility. Treatment team is really focused on the betterment of the residents mental health.
Residential Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 1, 2015
The treatment team as a whole is designed to improve the management of mental health disorders. Structure and scheduling of activities are important, as well as therapy groups and individual therapy. Havenwyck Hospital is geared to treat mental health disorders and is committed to do so.
Pros
Free lunches, off grounds activities, good benefit package
Cons
Stressful