Havenwyck Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Working with the patients is satisfying, but working at this place sucks,
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Auburn HillsMarch 9, 2015
You can't get anywhere at this place unless you know somebody. We are always overworked, understaffed, underpaid, and unappreciated. The only thing that keeps me motivated to get up in the morning and go to work is the patients. Other than that the 100 bosses talk down to you, they keep changing the rules, they keep asking more and more of you without even a simple "thank you", and you keep getting canceled. You don't even get a paid break at this place! They even give you a less than satisfying review at the end of the year to keep you from getting a raise.
Pros
dealing with the patients
Cons
too many bosses, mean management, not enough staff, no paid breaks, no benefits if you're part-time.
Verifying Healthcare Insurance
Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 28, 2015
What I learned during my internship, is that there are many different types of insurances and verifying what type of insurance a patient has is crucial on how the hospital recieves payment for services rendered.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
My job can be rewarding, hartfelt, and challenging.
Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 2, 2015
I love the type of work at this job because the time goes by so quickly. Very fast paced and demanding. Multi-tasking is a given, on very busy nights. The work is rewarding, when you see so many clients seeking help.
Pros
I work midnights, which shift premium helps. Overtime is needed.
Cons
Rarely have time to break or take a lunch.
Productive fun place to work.
Full time Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 8, 2014
Answering multiple phone lines, putting together patient charts, ordering supplies and taking inventory for the unit. Ordering food plates for our patients. The hardest part of the job was knowing I would have to partake in restraining patients that were at risk for harming other and themselves. The most enjoyable part was know that the staff would be there to help out if needed.
Pros
free lunches, low cost medical benefits provided
Cons
having to use a key to unlock everydoor you walked through.
Effective treatment facility. Treatment team is really focused on the betterment of the residents mental health.
Residential Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 1, 2015
The treatment team as a whole is designed to improve the management of mental health disorders. Structure and scheduling of activities are important, as well as therapy groups and individual therapy. Havenwyck Hospital is geared to treat mental health disorders and is committed to do so.
Pros
Free lunches, off grounds activities, good benefit package
Cons
Stressful
Terrible company
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 4, 2015
Poor morale, terrible communication. No compassion for patients in such a vulnerable setting and no compassion for employee needs. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
productive and fun work place
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 23, 2014
cook clean
serve patincets
co workers fun to be around
Susan was a great manager
nothing hard bout the job
Pros
free food great food
Cons
no benifits
love the work, disappointed about the rest.
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 30, 2014
Honestly, the only enjoyable part about this job was actually getting to work with the patients and feel like you are making a difference. Unfortunately, the management, co-workers, and overall environment is disappointing. There seems to be a complete lack of structure and direction which creates confusion and inconsistency among the team. There is no teamwork because most people either are afraid to take responsibility or insist on doing things their own way. The lack of teamwork is dangerous and alienating. You never really know where you stand. There is a constant threat looming over your head that you could be fired for almost anything, but in reality, management never really gives people any consequences for their misconduct. This hospital has great potential but definitely needs improvement. The experience of getting to work with the patients and help them with their issues was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done, I just wish it wouldn't have been coupled with all of the drama and unprofessionalism of the hospitals personnel.
Pros
overtime, free food, rewarding
Cons
contingent for long time, dangerous, overworked, no leadership, no chance for advancement
The way management treats employees is dispicable.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Auburn hillsJanuary 5, 2013
By far the worst managed place I have ever worked for. Management is very crabby and curt with absolute disrespect toward all employees. Very hands off and absolutely no communication. People in constant fear of losing their jobs for very minor infractions that we're not explained or taught to begin with. Very unfriendly, uncaring, cold environment...happy to be gone. Very few if any perks given, not even told your doing a good job, only time you hear from management is to reprimand you. My advice to any one applying is DON'T....most people working there are looking for other jobs, desperate to get out...Havenwyck will only stress you out and make you miserable...I did enjoy my coworkers but they are leaving too...
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management....pay
a nice place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 16, 2015
daily inspections of building, working with co-workers and management. Being a team leader to maintenance department. scheduling of employees
Patient care
Psychiatric Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills,MIFebruary 15, 2015
Responsible for patient care help with their daily metal health needs and making sure that they get to their group sessions on time.
Joke
RN (Former Employee) –  MiJuly 4, 2013
They will promise you the world it's a complete lie!!! Watch out. Poor management, found many errors, unfriendly, not a good place to work.

Sad I left a great healthcare system for a position here. I would never recommend anyone to work here.
Cons
The most enjoyable part of the job
Assisted Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the change withing the residents that you are a part of. The good changes that is.

I've learned to be more patient and diplomatic and that integrity is very important.
Very Productive and self rewarding
Psychiatric Care Specialist/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 15, 2014
It is an overall satisfying place to work. The gratification comes with knowing that you have helped individuals to the best of your ability and actually seeing the change within the patients throughout the durations of their stay...
Productive and Fast Paced, Friendly Environment
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 16, 2013
Havenwyck Hospital was an excellent place to intern. Every staff member was extremely helpful and informative. Groups started and finished on time and were well conducted by all staff members. Coworkers were excellent to deal with on a daily basis.
Pros
helpful environment
Cons
no paid internships
Negative enviroment
RN (Former Employee) –  adolescent inpatientOctober 7, 2013
Promises were made that this is an innovative workplace that puts the customer first. It's a warehouse instead, shuttling patients in and out as quickly as possible with little regard to their well being. The system is set up for failure as far as patients are concerned.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
no time to do what you are hired to do.
Loved that job!!
Residential Care Specialist/ Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Aurbon Hills MichiganJuly 8, 2013
I worked with court ordered residential youth monitering, distributing medication, and supervising staff.
N/a
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMarch 24, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is being there to help the patients and the other employees that I work with that care as much as I do.
Productive and caring work place
Mental health technician (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIAugust 7, 2012
I enjoy working with the patients that are admitted to the floor.