Haverford College Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Liberal arts college that values personal input
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJuly 21, 2015
The size of the institution resulted in a significant amount of interaction with key leaders and stakeholders. Learned about the other side of higher education and the difficulties faced by small liberal arts colleges.
Excellent work experience and skills gained
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJuly 1, 2015
Very wonderful work experience. Your work is dependent on the professor you work for and your relationship. Very free schedule while at study. Summer work is a fantastic experience.
Productive, Demanding Yet Flexible and Affirming
Director of Multicultural Affairs (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJuly 30, 2014
Demanding environment with high standards for students and staff. Committed to excellence, social justice and human rights. Many caring co-workers.
Pros
recognized and attempted to support individual work styles and learning needs.
Cons
overworked, underpaid
Great Place to Work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJuly 11, 2014
Very nice work atmosphere, great leadership and communication.
One Amazing Experience
Front-end Web Engineer and Back-end Developer (Current Employee) –  Haverford, PAOctober 29, 2013
I learned an immense amount about design, programming, and client-software interaction during the summer I spent at Haverford. The friends I made in the office both were willing to help me learn and often asked for help -- allowing me to apply my knowledge to solve problems that were "outside" of my area of study.

The hardest part of the job was learning on my own -- yet that also was the most awarding. The most memorable part of my summer was when advisor funded travel up to Boston so that I could collaborate with colleagues at Harvard and improve my database querying abilities.
Pros
flexible hours, could work from home if desired, didgeridoo breaks
Cons
advisors were out of country for a majority of the summer, but still contactable.
Research intern
Research (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJune 10, 2013
Worked during summer hours.

Great environment, fellow students were all great. Professor was fun and cheerful.

My work involved long hours and patience, but overall wasn't too demanding.
Pros
college environment
Cons
not many people
A entertaining place to work that incorportates sports, mentoring, interesting programs and presentations for faculty, staff and adminidtration and th
Head Coach Women's Tennis, Assoc Dir of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAFebruary 14, 2013
A typical day; begins and ends with checking my home computer for communications, updates and news concerning recruited student-athletes, administrator requests/announcements, answering communications; I may or may not eat breakfast at home or on the road to work; arrive at work, review e-mails, meetings, mentoring, committee meetings, etc, lunch on the run or no lunch, sport practices during the day, evening and/or night; I directly supervise 1-2 assistant coaches; I may supervise events such as basketball games, soccer games, etc; I am one of 22 full-time coaches in my department, I answer to one administrator in my department; the hardest part of the job to to make sure that all requests are covered and to foresee any unanticipated situations to facilitate the smooth running of the daily regimen of the department and my team; the challenge of it all
Pros
1. schedule my own daily, nightly, and weekend schedule 2. can answer family emergencies without risking retailiation
Cons
1. requests from people who are not familiar with athletic management
Undergraduate College
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haverford, PAJanuary 20, 2013
Graduated in 2010 with a BA in psychology, experience working in several labs including social psychology, personality psychology, cognitive, and statisticas.
Pros
excellent eduaction and work environment

4.7