HAVERTY'S FURNITURE

HAVERTY'S FURNITURE Employee Reviews

Corporate office (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2015
Excellent leadership, positive work environment, skilled and experienced co-workers, great benefits and advancement opportunities. Great company for a long term employment.
great company to work for
Material Handler (Former Employee), Chesterfield, VAMay 13, 2015
It is very hard work but the pay is great! You will get tired because the hours are long but the reward of having a stable job is worth it.
temp work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 30, 2015
the time that i spent with havertys inc. was brief ,but good work that keeps you moving and employees willing to help out when you are in need.
Productive and good environment
Mover/Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 23, 2015
Pros: Working with co-workers, long lunches, got to pick where to eat.
Cons: None
I got there at about 10 in the morning and we would load the trucks by 11 and then we would be out all day making deliveries. The work was all basic and used common since. The co-workers were all great and fun to ride in the truck with. The hardest part of the job was the last load of the day because by the end of the day your muscles and body are all tired. The most enjoyable part was driving to the destinations with some co-workers. Management was very professional and willing to work with you with what ever you needed. But they were also very busy because it was a big business and they had a lot of people to manage.
fun environment, demanding pay compensation
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 14, 2015
Consistently reaching out and staying connected with customers. Actually getting to know that person, connecting with them on a personal level. And being able to help them with their basic home living needs.
Sales Consultant Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasApril 11, 2015
Pros: getting an hour luch
Cons: not allowed to sit down during business hours
Typical day is to complete sales center, update OA merchandise, follow up with customer deliveries, maintain show room. I have to complete modules for continued product knowledge for over 125 vendors. I also have to make sure I have a least four house calls on a calendar in advanced for each month. Making sure all customer order's fabric handles are current. Management has understanding that we have lives, very well managed. Hardest part of the job is a twelve hour per day on weekends.
ok
Driver Assistant, DOT Certification (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 2, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: none
a grate place to work, good pay, good people. you will always have something to do. the best part about the job is you are outside.
Great place to work , but bad management.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Coppell, TXMarch 30, 2015
when i first started i really liked the place , but it got to the point of the management was not doing their jobs and it just left everybody to do their job on they own. the work is prepping furniture, making sure nothing is wrong with it.
Quility Furniture that will last a lifetime
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2015
Overall great place for employment
Very busy
Management was always there in any situation
All the employee were easy to get along with and had open communication
A good place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Coppell, TXFebruary 25, 2015
The driver and helper is one of the best delivery service. They take care of the customers house and items inside. The helper and driver will help you move and relocate items without a fuss. That shows they are willing to go the extra mile to satisfy customer.
Experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: fun & educational (compounded managerial experiences)
Cons: retail hours
Helped to increase growth in personnel management from daily encounters of managing subordinates and observing their behaviors with customers.
Great Place to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits and employee discounts
Haverty's has great benefits and a great work environment. The Store Manager would buy our lunch a lot of times and gave us a lot of fun Christmas Parties. The employee discounts are wonderful! No complaints about Haverty's.
very productive and comfortable enviorment
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Newport News, VADecember 8, 2014
Pros: great work enviorment great pay
Cons: no family time hours vairy
the day starts off by loading the box on to the truck after that u must do a physical piece count before heading out for the day then we would proceed to our first stop and greet the customer the customer would show us where they wanted their furniture then we would unload the furniture to the desired location and begin to set up or place the furniture down we would normally have about nine stops a day..
Fun environment to work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), 1744 E 70th St Shreveport, LA 71105October 28, 2014
Co-worker's are sufficient and very helpful. Hardest part of the job is dealng with angry customers but it also helps you to work on your customer service skills.
Brand new company to the Orlando area.
Showroom Sales Floor Designer / Sales Executive (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great health care, education about the furniture
Cons: i really can't say there was to much that i didn't agree with, i was offered a true design job for builder models and it paid much more.
Haverty's was a great company to work for. Over 14 years ago, it was a little difficult to move forward because I was a female. It has since changed.

I started out as a sales associate on the floor and then was hired as a floor designer for 3 Haverty's stores.

My manager and co-workers at Haverty's are still my friends to this day. We had a great team.

The hardest part of my job was that we were a new company to the Orlando area, and we had to sell Haverty's then sell the furniture.
The product education was fantastic and extremely helpful to this day.
GOOD COMPANY
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), MADISON , MSAugust 29, 2014
ENJOYED MY TIME WITH HAVERTYS. LOTS OF DIFFERENT DUTIES AND EXPERIENCES. LEARNED ALOT IN THE TIME I WAS THERE
Fun place to work.
Head Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Shalimar, FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pay was good.
Cons: no health benifits
Hours could have been better. Job was easy. Being outside making deliveries was great. Meeting and greeting people was great.
Good company
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee), Charlotte,NCMay 29, 2014
Pros: good company and benefits
Cons: gone overnight a few times per week
Truck driver
good people to work with
delivered and picked up furniture with 18 wheeler
Cool place to work
Office Assistant/Warehouse (Former Employee), Landers Rd NLRMay 20, 2014
Pros: great expereince
Cons: pay
I took customer calls about furniture, whether it had been a complaint or inquiry on delivery date. I assisted clients in the store with their purchases and helping them with their furniture choice. We had a great office team at Haverty's, we stayed in a good mood and made work fun. I just disliked the sales men/women our on the floor. They acted like we were their servants. While there I did your typical fax, copy, and file type of office work.
Meet people great enviroment
Clerk/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: learn how to interact with customers
Cons: not enough hours or money
Did all type of jobs from cleaning/display of furniture/helping with filing/and bookkeeping to far to travel for little hours

1 2 3