Haverty's Furniture Employee Reviews

Thoroughly enjoyed my job there. was disappointed when needing to relocate
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2018
The training the company invested in was so wonderful! They really take the employees seriously and set them up for the success of a lifetime! They give the tools you will need to succeed. It is a matter of what you, as an individual, choose to do with them.
Pros
great environment and management. wonderful people and fantastic training
Cons
a lot of down time in the showroom in the off season
Fast paced sales environment.
Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 3, 2017
A typical day would include checking if orders and deliveries were on time; answering the phones; processing credit applications; cashier; deposits; customer service.
Pros
Clean pleasant working conditiion.
Cons
Not enough hours, only ten hours a week.
Productive, Competitive and hard working environment
loading and Unloading (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2017
A fresh start early in the morning. Getting to work at 6 was task tgat ehance my ability to getting to work on time. Learning how to put furniture together started off difficult but 2 days later i gotten the hang of it. Team work and communication was my best moments working for the company.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 27, 2017
This company really gave me an opportunity to advance. There was always work and they made sure you were working. I learned to drive DOT certified and deliver top quality furniture.
Benefits
Cons
long hours heavy merchandise
good place to work
Furniture Sales (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLNovember 10, 2017
Haverty's requires a sales professional in all aspects of the job. It was a very competitive floor with an up system and a draw. I was always in commission while I worked there. It is an upscale environment with an above average income clients. Store always looks fresh and new. easy to work lay out and very clean.
Pros
a good writer will always do well as long as the floor is not over crowed
Cons
distance 35 miles each way
Nice place to work for
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 5, 2017
Upon arriving to work, I would:
- file all paperwork from the associate who closed the store the night before.
- Open the branch and myself as cashier
- Go through check-list and call customers who need to pay their balance and schedule delivery

Over the past two years, I have learned many things about customer service, to always have the customers satisfaction as a priority. I also learned the software program, processing refunds, scheduling partial deliveries and various other procedures pertaining to customers receiving their items.

Management was always flexible and easy to work for. The culture was one of a team working together to achieve the same goal, customer satisfaction.

The easiest part of the job was working at a fast pace taking payments and processing finance applications. The hardest part were slow days when there was a low volume of customer in the store.
Pros
Flexible hours, management easy to work with
Cons
low salary
Om
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAOctober 19, 2017
It an ok job just a lot of hard manual labor the pay is good and the people their are fun to work with looking for a good atmosphere then this is the place
Pros
Good 401k
Cons
Mandatory ot
Decent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAOctober 3, 2017
Working for Havertys was decent. They had particular policies for their call centers that obviously came from someone who never ran a call center. The director over the department was a first time director so there were certain things that weren't exactly the best practices. That opinion comes from working in various call centers over the years so there were certain things that I knew were kind of silly. Overall though, not a bad place to work. The other members of management were pretty good though
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Director was clearly inexperienced
Productivity Job based.
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South Chesterfield, VAOctober 2, 2017
Open and inspect, merchandise from vendor packaging. Then re wrap and pad the furniture for loading. Its a fast pace work environment. Hardest part of the job is the people. The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out. A lot of contradictions.
Great place
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 31, 2017
Havertys is a great place to work, very down to earth and profitable company. Havertys is strong company and will continue to thrive. I will miss my Havertys family.
Fats relaxing fun work place
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 30, 2017
Unload trucks. Rap furniture to be stored in warehouse. Check furniture fore damage. Help out loading trucks when need. Place cardboard in compacter. You would work overtime when need.
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 25, 2017
This was a great experience for me. The management is fair to everyone. And they care about employees and their well being. They promote from with in if possible.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2017
Hated our department closed. Great place to work.
Wonderful managers and friendly atmosphere. Thanks .
No more to say😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Fun invorment and nice people
Sales and Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 22, 2017
Wonderful place to work . Great people helpful and fun Good.inviorment.Would recommend to everyone. Great sales training upbeat attitude. Clean and designed well.Management upbeat
Generally good overall
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 20, 2017
I really loved working for this company. All of my coworkers were close like family and I would have stayed if there had been more room for me to grow
Pros
Good money, good management, great benefits.
Cons
Not a lot of room to grow, working every weekend.
Fun workplace, the co-worker get alone fairly well
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 18, 2017
It's a fun place to work. The customer's may be rude sometimes. Too many sales people on the floor. Is a commission-based job where you have to come to work almost every day to make a sale.
Pros
Free lunch
Part-time office
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 10, 2017
Not a bad place to work part-time. It's a pretty easy job but I wouldn't recommend the office position to anyone who needed to live off of that salary.
Decent
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Theodore, ALAugust 2, 2017
Everything is decent except for management. I worked here for 1 year before deciding to leave. Hours are hectic for the most part and the workers are friendly.
Great company, Good work-life balance
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 24, 2017
Havertys is a good place to work. Shifts allow you to have a normal balance between work and life. Co-workers are fun and provide a very family like atmosphere. The only downside is the manager does not keep their word. Moving up is a possibility but the manager does not allow it and picks favorites. The only downside to this job is the current manager.
Pros
work-life balance co-workers
Cons
Manangement
Compensation with Great benefits.
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 13, 2017
They are very professional. have Great benefits with lots of support. HR was the best I have seen in the industry. The pay system I feel needs to be updated to a more friendly more frequent. Its hard to have a monthly pay system. The pay for this could have a better base to sustain one's self