Haverty's Furniture Employee Reviews

Decent place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 3, 2016
I worked with nice people who were glad to assist and share their knowledge about the company. Pay and benefits were ok. I would recommend this company.
was greatat first
Porter (Current Employee) –  fort myersMay 18, 2016
the job was great at first. they got a new store manager. thats where every thing went down hill. she was all over the place tell me to do one thing one minute the next she would tell me to do another things never got done because of her she would call me in her office for the stupidest things and talk about that of long amount of time.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
you will not get a rase no promotions you are stuck
Look elsewhere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2015
If you want to be treated as a commodity and work every weekend and holiday to make a living you are welcome to work here. Don't expect to make a decent living since Haverty's will change the pay plan and hire more sales people so you will be stuck living paycheck to paycheck. If you have any skills or desire to make a career please look elsewhere.
Pros
Discounts on items
Cons
long hours, low pay, lousy corporation and culture
productive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 18, 2016
I enjoy driving and being of service to the customers. when delivering I like to travel and meet different people which this job allows. I like to see people smile upon and after receiving what they paid for in good condition.
Pros
pay
benefits
Good
Commissioned Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 9, 2016
The environment is great, the people have been very helpful and welcoming. Unfortunately it just hasn't been busy enough.
Open minded and ready to start a new career
Display Assoc / Porter/ Delivery driver/ Helper (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 24, 2016
I have spent 22 years of my life in law enforcement. And several years in the marine industry. I work very well with my hands and can comprehend skills quickly.
Pros
I can work any hours ofthe dayor night.
Cons
I can't think of any at this time.
fair
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GA 30080May 13, 2016
Good company not a bad place to work commission isn't so good. Other than that it is a fair place to be to make a living. Just not the right fit for me personal.
Cons
commission
Long hours, labor intensive
Furniture Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAMarch 19, 2016
I liked the fact that the scenery changed everyday. I got see the countryside of the Atlanta area, as well as the inner city. But working in the summer heat is never fun, especially if the delivery truck didn't have A/C. But overall, it wasn't that bad.
Pros
Locations changed everyday. I got to know cities I'd never been in before
Cons
Labor entensive, Only lasted 3 months
Haverty's offers an eclectic collection of mostly in stock products.
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 22, 2016
Haverty's provides expedient delivery of many locally stocked products, at an affordable price. The Dallas showroom is among the largest in the nation, so most products are on site for viewing.
Alot of heavy lifting
Lead driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2016
I started at Haverty's when I was in my 20's. I worked for the company for about eight or so years and each year the furniture got bigger / heavier and the customer door got smaller. Jokes aside if you have the fortitude to consistanly lift 300-400 plus Lb. furniture it can be a solid income job
Pros
overtime
Cons
heavy workload
5 STARS across the board. Excellent company.
Sales and Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 8, 2016
Excellent company and inspiring workplace environment, promoting the best is customer service, team work, and quality products for all customers.
It's a Great place to work, cause it's just like Family
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 31, 2015
I Started working for Havertys in 2002 and when I left, I did think I was going to be coming back to work there ever... But when I need a job again Havertys was the first place I thought of! Its truly a family business... Even if you are not a blood relative of a Haverty, you feel that family vibe. That is one of the many reasons I went back! The other was b/c a lot of the people I started with were still there, so again it was like going back to work with old family members you had lost connect with for a while...The office work is pretty easy for the most part, as long as the sales stuff gets their part right. I love helping the customers. And like all "Family's" you have those little cat fights. Its normally a Salesperson not liking something someone in the office did or the other way around, but you vent it out to your store manager and you move on.
Pros
easy work
Cons
Rules are always changing
Life lessons
LEAD INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJanuary 4, 2016
Working for a company like Havertys for ten years was an experience that I will never forget, Like every job it had its ups and downs but from those ups and downs I took it as a learning experience that I could use not only for my next job but for life.
Pros
learned alot about how to deal with different types of people, had a good time for the most part
Cons
nothing bad to say
Productive and good environment
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2015
I got there at about 10 in the morning and we would load the trucks by 11 and then we would be out all day making deliveries. The work was all basic and used common since. The co-workers were all great and fun to ride in the truck with. The hardest part of the job was the last load of the day because by the end of the day your muscles and body are all tired. The most enjoyable part was driving to the destinations with some co-workers. Management was very professional and willing to work with you with what ever you needed. But they were also very busy because it was a big business and they had a lot of people to manage.
Pros
Working with co-workers, long lunches, got to pick where to eat.
Corporate office (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2015
Excellent leadership, positive work environment, skilled and experienced co-workers, great benefits and advancement opportunities. Great company for a long term employment.
Great learning experience
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMarch 4, 2014
Very busy, long hours, competitive pay, good coworkers. Low work life balance, good job culture, good benefits, competitively priced benefits
There ok
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 1, 2013
Management will not have your back they use there team then let fall
Pros
PAY AND THE BENEFITS AND THE DAYS OFF
Cons
LONG HOURS
Terrible job!!!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAJanuary 20, 2014
starts good like every job, but management sucks bad!! no acknowledgement for your work and you never do good enough.
good pay and benefits but takes about 10 years to move up to a leadership position. start at 8am and leave at 10pm regardless if you have kids or death in the family. never work here if you can help it.
Pros
off most weekends
Cons
everything
Sales Consultant Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasApril 11, 2015
Typical day is to complete sales center, update OA merchandise, follow up with customer deliveries, maintain show room. I have to complete modules for continued product knowledge for over 125 vendors. I also have to make sure I have a least four house calls on a calendar in advanced for each month. Making sure all customer order's fabric handles are current. Management has understanding that we have lives, very well managed. Hardest part of the job is a twelve hour per day on weekends.
Pros
getting an hour luch
Cons
not allowed to sit down during business hours
Family oriented staff, good products.
Assembler/Visual Assist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 25, 2012
Very long good reputation, very money motivated management. Thats a good and a bad thing.
Pros
pays good and on time. laid back staff
Cons
not real flexible on schedule, little to no job security unless you perform consistently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Haverty's Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.