HAVERTYS FURNITURE

HAVERTYS FURNITURE Employee Reviews

The people are great to work with
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Cedar Hill, TXJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Not enough foot traffic to make a living.
The job itself is fun and its great to help people find what they need to make their home special. The location of the specific store is a bit hard to find and the foot traffic is really low. You need a lot of foot traffic to make money.
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee), Allen, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: Customers
Cons: Retail Schedule
Loved working for Havertys...great customers, fun work environment. The only negative is the retail schedule and no further advancement options in my area.
It was very gratifying to see my customer light up when I was able to pull a room together to fit their lifestyle and taste.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLMarch 9, 2015
Pros: returning happy customers.
Cons: strictly commission sales.
A typical day at Haverty's included making contact with my customers, setting up deliveries, checking on special orders, making home visits with our in house designer to better assist the customers in designing the perfect space. Because it was solely commission employment I was directly responsible for my own sales, setting my goals and obtaining them on a monthly basis.
Very fast pased. Friendly co-workers and helpful supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Braselton, GAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: discount on furniture
Cons: schedule
Answering high volume telelphone calls with answer customer request and concerns. Management team is knowledgeable, helpfully and eager to assist with problems and concerns. Co-worker are helpful and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and assisting customers. The hardest part are the hours and the schedule.
N/A
Driver/RECEIVING (Former Employee), Coppell, TXOctober 6, 2014
I GOT ALONG WITH EVERYONE I WOKED WITH AT THE OB. I WORKE WITH FOR TWO AND HALF YERAS,AND A VERY LOYAL,HARD WORKER,RESPONSIBLE,RELIABLE EMPPLOYEE.
Organized
LEAD MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: pay
while employed here its a great learning environment about the furniture business.
Good learning environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Frisco, TXAugust 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working here. I got the opportunity to meet many people and helped them to identified their furniture needs. Also, I learned about all the different styles of furniture and their construction.
Work with wonderful people, very family oriented
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2014
Pros: extra pay for every stop
Cons: no advancement
Driving a 27 footer truck.
Delivery furniture with great customer service. I learned to work with and assist challenging customers.
I worked with great coworkers and supervisor/manager and the healthcare benefits was excellent.
great team to work with ,as long as there were clients.
Sales Consultant (Interior Decorator) (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 19, 2014
On a daily basis , i would assist the team in dusting and floor display . I was also responsible for fabrics from vendors for updating drops and discontinues. Updating price lists.I assisted clients with there furniture selections and followed up with thank you notes. Once a month i was responsible for product knowledge meeting .I also assisted with another 2 coworkers for a seminar on various topics selected by Corporate designers. Some management carried the store more than others.the hardest part of the job , getting beyond the push off customers. the most enjoyable were the crew i worked the same shift with.
A busy work place.
Porter/Display Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short hours, no help, no opportunity for advancement
A typical day at work involves a variety of different things such as cleaning and organizing the warehouse, putting together furniture, organizing and putting furniture out on the showroom floor, loading up customers merchandise onto their vehicle's, and performing various janitorial duties such as: cleaning the offices, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning break room, and mopping regularly.
fun and exciting atmosphere to work in
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMarch 19, 2014
Fun and loving co-worker. There's always someone laughing no matter what the mood that person could be in.
Delivery Helper
Delivery Helper (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 18, 2014
Job responsibilities included transporting products with the company vehicle. I loaded, unloaded and packaged products. I also worked with the shipping department and customers to ensure proper delivery through order selecting.
Great company to work for. Delivery structure needs work.
Salesperson (Former Employee), Longview, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits and caring front office!
Cons: delivery problems that occur beyond the salesperson's realm.
Delivery expectations are good, but the company needs to take delivery issues into consideration when a salesperson's quota is at stake and their job is on the line.
Sales Associate
Sale Consultant (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNNovember 18, 2013
Pros: if you follow the system, you will make great money
Cons: weekends
if you don't have a degree and you want to make 40-60k a year its a great place to work.... weekends can get long when its slow and if you like sports our your friends are off on the weekends, you won't be very happy.
Awesome family atmosphere
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 23, 2013
I answer incoming calls and direct calls as needed, take payments over the counter, balance transmittals and prepare bank deposits. I handle sales after completion by salesperson, including accepting payment on cash sales and down payments on charges. Get appropriate signatures on contracts and revolving charge agreements. Take complaints and write up customer service reports. Perform the daily pre-call activities for the store. I balance cash drawers every morning and evening. Complete designated computer reports assigned as needed. File service tickets. I communicate with Havertys credit services for any A/R changes and errors. Maintain security of all money-related areas.
Commissioned sales
Sales consultant (Current Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLJuly 26, 2013
Pros: vendors bring in lunches, candy, and gifts.
Cons: working days off.
Overall Havertys has been a good place to work. They have a good 401k program and offer health insurance. The other sales associates in my store are very friendly and pleasurable to work with. Management and associate turnover has been increasing. Customer traffic most days does not provide very many sales opportunities while management is suggesting you can work your days off and you can work from open till close everyday. Advertising is not very competitive with sales.
DRIVER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 7, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: no cons
Working with various locations and being in the field contributes to a pleasant day.
Enjoyable work enviornment
Office Manager/IT Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaMay 21, 2013
I have enjoyed my time at Havertys. Havertys offers positive feedback and growth potential
An in-between job at best.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 19, 2013
Pros: monday through friday shift.
Cons: poor managment, no incentives, poor pay
I have worked at this company for over 2 years now. When i first became employed by Haverty's, I was sold on the prospect of turning this job into a career. Management uses promises of future promotion as a motivator to encourage and increased production level. I gave this job everything i had for the better part of 2 years. all i have to show for my efforts is .46 in total raises, and a job that i struggle to maintain 35 hour/week. I came from a construction job, leaving due to a lack of steady hours. upon being hired i was assured that i would always work 40hrs, but majority of the time would work overtime. since being hired, management has added 12 positions to my department, resulting in an average of 32-35hrs per week. this jobs offer no form of incentive or bonuses, yet requires a very high level of production. management is fine with a select few carrying the majority of the work load, while others barely work at all. Any questions, concerns, or request presented to management is dismissed with "this is corporate, we cant do anything" or "if you dont like it, there is the front door". this company prides itself on its reputation, but if it continues to operate with such disregard to the very workforce that sustains this company, hopefully the public's opinion will change.

April 16, 2013

Speaking from experience on the raise issue, that amount seems to be typical in the retail business especially if you've only been there a short while. I'm not saying this to be rude or what not, it's probably due to low sales within your particular location. Also considering the economic times and all it's to be pretty much expected, it's going on everywhere so don't take it personal. My suggestion is to move around in the company, open yourself up to new learning opportunities in other departments within the company if it's possible. Good luck.

April 16, 2013

What is the starting rate of pay for that position and the typical work hours/days? Can you transfer to a different location within the company? How long have most of the warehouse employees and supervisors been there? How much was the raise you got from the beginning? I can only assume you got .32 cents a year so far, in which I agree isn't much but, it's pretty typical.

great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 13, 2013
i enjoyed my time at Havertys, The coworkers were very friendly and the management was good

HAVERTYS FURNITURE Salaries