HAVERTYS FURNITURE Employee Reviews

Great people but no room for growth if you aren't in sales
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 4, 2017
I learned a lot and flourished as an office manager here but there was no room for growth and no incentives unless you were a salesperson. Salepeople are rewarded kindly and offend but office staff, housekeepers, porters, etc were given nothing.
Pros
Great co-workers, flexible hours, ability to work independantly
Cons
No incentives or bonuses. No room for growth for office manager. No overtime.
Long hours, nights, weekends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Typical retail schedule with commission pay. The UP system is computerized but can be manipulated.

The furniture is good quality and I would recommend the store if you are in the market for furniture.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Facilitating and closing of salespersons order for their customers purchase. Ensuring the details and accuracy of each order prior to accepting payment or setting up of loan.
Compensation is not acceptable for the job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
The company year, after year cuts benefits and salaries. The management staff makes promises they cannot keep. They take care of their customers, but not the employees.
Great Compony
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXDecember 29, 2016
I loved working there. I had a great relationship with all my fellow employees (which in retail is hard to say), and I enjoyed working for the company

I worked in a smaller store so business was slow and did not make my sales quota 4 out of 5 months, therefore was let go. I have no hard feelings but do miss my coworkers. It's better if you are in a bigger store expect a challenge and keep making yourself better. The company is a solid one and sells high quality furniture.
Pros
Great Fellow employeees
Cons
Dispite low customer traffic I was still let go.
Work hard; sell sell sell and you'll do great & have job security
Front Office Assistant & FT Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLDecember 9, 2016
Sales positions are commission, so you have to sell sell sell & know how to build/grow/retain your business! Non performers or complacent people will not last.
Office staff needs to be pleasant, accurate & you'll have job security but pay is hourly and kind of on the 'lower' side. However, hours are consistent & usually are there for the taking of you have the open availability!
Benefits for FT staffers of all positions are excellent.
Clean, beautiful atmosphere with focus on quality product & service.
Pros
Benefits, great environment, job culture
Cons
Holidays, Weekends & nights a must
Very good job, best job i had
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Worked in warehouse to start out, quickly moved up. Was delivery lead. Got to experience new areas, and meet new people everyday. Pay at the time I worked there was excellent. Was home everyday no later than 6pm. Depending on the load and route. Had a lot of fun.
Pros
Good pay, good health benefits, good exercise
Cons
heavy lifting, picky customers.
Great place to work at..
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2016
Always something new to work on. They are one of those companies that have been around for a long time and are still trying to fit in the the new generation. I helped to create this new image and view, and think they are on the right path. Management could use a little work in regards to working with each dept. old saying of the left hand has to know what the right hand is doing to row the boat. Great people and even better environment. Just not to much room to Advance.
Well established organization
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJuly 26, 2016
Excellent company with an opportunity for growth. Work life balance is good. There is a potential to earn substantial income.
Professional, beautiful and fun place to work with great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 21, 2016
I enjoyed the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people, both on the staff and with the customers. I met many new friends and helped them to complete their home and work space in a way that brought them joy. There was a lot of time spent waiting for my next customer, which I used to reach out to previous customers, maintain the showroom, train on product, or visit with fellow teammates. The most enjoyable part of my day was being able to interact with people, and the most difficult was waiting for my next customer.
Pros
My boss allowed me to leave to attend to family needs when they arose. He was very understanding, and gave me time off when my sister died.
Cons
Commission only, means that if I'm not there, I don't get paid, and I did not realize the higher income that I expected.
Long established company and well respected in the furniture industry
General Manager/ Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 11, 2016
Very progressive state of the art retail company. A fair company to work with and an upfront company in regards to what their expectations and standards are.
Pros
Established, reliable company.
Cons
Long weekend hours.
Pretty good company to work for.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2015
Get to work and clock in. Then just wait for customers to walk in. They go on an up system. Sales associate at the Charlotte location
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Alot of downtime
Very little training
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 22, 2015
Very little training for the job they wanted you too do. Management was poor in the handling of Employees promising something one thing and doing the opposite.
Physical labor
Lead Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAOctober 25, 2015
This is a furniture warehouse that is full of furniture, there is a lot of physical work pushing, pulling, wrapping of large pieces of furniture.
BENEFITS
Cons
LABOR INTENSIVE
Great furniture and so easy to represent the quality
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with my sales manager
I had great rapport with my customers and enjoyed selling to and working with them. Product lines were varied and so many options are available to customers.
Pros
Good quality products and good employee benefits
Cons
Slow special orders
long nights late mornings
Lift Operator/warehouse lead (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAOctober 2, 2015
Havertys furniture's warehouse located in Braselton Ga, long work hours due to mismanagement of the work day management only see one side and that's their side. life and family outside of work will be no more nights start at 9 pm and end around 10 or 11 the next days minimum rest.
Pros
overtime
Cons
workflow and management
Great Potential to make money
sales (Current Employee) –  BrentwoodAugust 18, 2015
Be Prepared for Hard Work but potential to make Great Money. Great place work if you are willing to give 110 percent. Lots of meetings (daily) On going training to help you excel. This is a job for people that are serious about their career choice.
Pros
good potential for making money
Cons
long hours-not much family time
The people are great to work with
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJuly 19, 2015
The job itself is fun and its great to help people find what they need to make their home special. The location of the specific store is a bit hard to find and the foot traffic is really low. You need a lot of foot traffic to make money.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not enough foot traffic to make a living.
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 19, 2015
Loved working for Havertys...great customers, fun work environment. The only negative is the retail schedule and no further advancement options in my area.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Retail Schedule
It was very gratifying to see my customer light up when I was able to pull a room together to fit their lifestyle and taste.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMarch 9, 2015
A typical day at Haverty's included making contact with my customers, setting up deliveries, checking on special orders, making home visits with our in house designer to better assist the customers in designing the perfect space. Because it was solely commission employment I was directly responsible for my own sales, setting my goals and obtaining them on a monthly basis.
Pros
Returning happy customers.
Cons
Strictly commission sales.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HAVERTYS FURNITURE. Our community is ready to answer.