HAVERTYS FURNITURE Employee Reviews in United States

Long established company and well respected in the furniture industry
General Manager/ Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 11, 2016
Very progressive state of the art retail company. A fair company to work with and an upfront company in regards to what their expectations and standards are.
Pros
Established, reliable company.
Cons
Long weekend hours.
Pretty good company to work for.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2015
Get to work and clock in. Then just wait for customers to walk in. They go on an up system. Sales associate at the Charlotte location
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Alot of downtime
Very little training
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 22, 2015
Very little training for the job they wanted you too do. Management was poor in the handling of Employees promising something one thing and doing the opposite.
Physical labor
Lead Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAOctober 25, 2015
This is a furniture warehouse that is full of furniture, there is a lot of physical work pushing, pulling, wrapping of large pieces of furniture.
BENEFITS
Cons
LABOR INTENSIVE
Great furniture and so easy to represent the quality
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 19, 2015
I enjoyed working with my sales manager
I had great rapport with my customers and enjoyed selling to and working with them. Product lines were varied and so many options are available to customers.
Pros
Good quality products and good employee benefits
Cons
Slow special orders
long nights late mornings
Lift Operator/warehouse lead (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAOctober 2, 2015
Havertys furniture's warehouse located in Braselton Ga, long work hours due to mismanagement of the work day management only see one side and that's their side. life and family outside of work will be no more nights start at 9 pm and end around 10 or 11 the next days minimum rest.
Pros
overtime
Cons
workflow and management
Great Potential to make money
sales (Current Employee) –  BrentwoodAugust 18, 2015
Be Prepared for Hard Work but potential to make Great Money. Great place work if you are willing to give 110 percent. Lots of meetings (daily) On going training to help you excel. This is a job for people that are serious about their career choice.
Pros
good potential for making money
Cons
long hours-not much family time
The people are great to work with
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJuly 19, 2015
The job itself is fun and its great to help people find what they need to make their home special. The location of the specific store is a bit hard to find and the foot traffic is really low. You need a lot of foot traffic to make money.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not enough foot traffic to make a living.
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 19, 2015
Loved working for Havertys...great customers, fun work environment. The only negative is the retail schedule and no further advancement options in my area.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Retail Schedule
It was very gratifying to see my customer light up when I was able to pull a room together to fit their lifestyle and taste.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMarch 9, 2015
A typical day at Haverty's included making contact with my customers, setting up deliveries, checking on special orders, making home visits with our in house designer to better assist the customers in designing the perfect space. Because it was solely commission employment I was directly responsible for my own sales, setting my goals and obtaining them on a monthly basis.
Pros
returning happy customers.
Cons
strictly commission sales.
Very fast pased. Friendly co-workers and helpful supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 18, 2015
Answering high volume telelphone calls with answer customer request and concerns. Management team is knowledgeable, helpfully and eager to assist with problems and concerns. Co-worker are helpful and fun to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping and assisting customers. The hardest part are the hours and the schedule.
Pros
discount on furniture
Cons
schedule
N/a
Driver/RECEIVING (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 6, 2014
I got along with everyone I woked with at the ob. I worke with for two and half yeras,and a very loyal,hard worker,responsible,reliable empployee.
Organized
LEAD MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VASeptember 28, 2014
while employed here its a great learning environment about the furniture business.
Pros
pay
Good learning environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXAugust 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working here. I got the opportunity to meet many people and helped them to identified their furniture needs. Also, I learned about all the different styles of furniture and their construction.
Work with wonderful people, very family oriented
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2014
Driving a 27 footer truck.
Delivery furniture with great customer service. I learned to work with and assist challenging customers.
I worked with great coworkers and supervisor/manager and the healthcare benefits was excellent.
Pros
extra pay for every stop
Cons
no advancement
great team to work with ,as long as there were clients.
Sales Consultant (Interior Decorator) (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 19, 2014
On a daily basis , i would assist the team in dusting and floor display . I was also responsible for fabrics from vendors for updating drops and discontinues. Updating price lists.I assisted clients with there furniture selections and followed up with thank you notes. Once a month i was responsible for product knowledge meeting .I also assisted with another 2 coworkers for a seminar on various topics selected by Corporate designers. Some management carried the store more than others.the hardest part of the job , getting beyond the push off customers. the most enjoyable were the crew i worked the same shift with.
A busy work place.
Porter/Display Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 18, 2014
A typical day at work involves a variety of different things such as cleaning and organizing the warehouse, putting together furniture, organizing and putting furniture out on the showroom floor, loading up customers merchandise onto their vehicle's, and performing various janitorial duties such as: cleaning the offices, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning break room, and mopping regularly.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours, no help, no opportunity for advancement
fun and exciting atmosphere to work in
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 19, 2014
Fun and loving co-worker. There's always someone laughing no matter what the mood that person could be in.
Great company to work for. Delivery structure needs work.
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Delivery expectations are good, but the company needs to take delivery issues into consideration when a salesperson's quota is at stake and their job is on the line.
Pros
great benefits and caring front office!
Cons
delivery problems that occur beyond the salesperson's realm.
Sales Associate
Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 18, 2013
if you don't have a degree and you want to make 40-60k a year its a great place to work.... weekends can get long when its slow and if you like sports our your friends are off on the weekends, you won't be very happy.
Pros
if you follow the system, you will make great money
Cons
weekends