Havertys

Havertys Employer Reviews

Nice place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Selma, TXOctober 3, 2013
Good pay; Good hours; Computer skills needed; nice pace; worth applying for.
Great Co-Workers but at many times is really slow
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Monroe, LAMay 20, 2013
Pros: work with great people
Cons: work every saturday and sunday
Great place to work if you don't mind working every single saturday and Sunday. As long as things were busy the pay is good but times when it is slow the pay ends because you are working straight commission.
Relaxed work enviroment
Regional Shipping (Former Employee), Braselton, GAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: stock options, employee lunches and birthday meetings
Cons: long days, short break, restrictions on advancment
Arrive by 9 am, open the dock doors for the trucks being loaded that day. Load Semi trailers, stacking and "cubing" by hand to ensure entire load get onto trucks. My supervisor was amazing, knowledgeable, job oriented and looked after his staff.
Hardest part of the job was loading the semi trailers with merchandise of 200+ pieces in the summer time, – more... very hot.
Most enjoyable part was me and my supervisor loading trucks as fast as we could to see if we could be the other loading teams. – less
Comfortable work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 4, 2012
Pros: potential for competitive income.
Cons: commission sales that are affected heavily by the housing market.
This was a wonderful company to work for. If you are comfortable with working on commission this job is worth a shot. I found the management to be supportive in helping the staff to achieve their sales goals. Though sometimes slow, there is room for advancement. Also the sales tools provided are top notch and constantly being improved. When its good, – more... its good. Save from your good sales months for your not so great sales months, and you will do fine. Oh and does require patiently waiting for customers to come in but there are ways to use this time efficiently. – less
It has been a long time since I was there, but it was a fast paced job and paid well at the time.
Furniture Sales (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXApril 10, 2012
Very competive floor but also friendly.
As with any large group there were ones you really liked and ones with whom you just exchanged pleasantries. (sp)
The expectation that the store always came first in regards to holidays and schedules is probably reason for the high turn-over.
Just maybe....
I think it is a fine store and they offer some great – more... promotions! – less
employment
forklift Operater (Former Employee), Brazelton, GAFebruary 8, 2012
Pros: more money, benifits, ect.
Cons: none its just a job
benifits and hours of the scheduel are good. good people to work with.