To provide management support services in the area of information systems, including data processing systems, personal computers and any other technology related needs of the Credit Union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the coordination of the technology plan and the long term strategic objectives of the Credit Union regarding information systems with department heads and management staff.
- Responsible for developing an annual technology plan and budget.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and periodic review of the Credit Union's disaster recovery plan as related to information systems.
- Facilitates the process of evaluating, developing and implementing products, services and programs related to information systems.
- Maximizes full potential of the data processing system by analyzing and implementing the desired features in any and all future system upgrades.
Data Processing Systems Operations Functions:
- Manages the process of daily system backups and data transmission to and from the data processing system.
- Responsible for ensuring the optimal day to day operation of all information systems.
- Ensures prompt review and resolution of staff issues related to information systems.
- Keeps records and performs basic preventive maintenance on all information systems components.
- Systems upgrades, month end procedures and other system duties require frequently working after hours and on weekends.
- Ensures security of information systems from unauthorized access.
- Ensures that the computer system is upgraded to keep in compliance with respective rules and regulations.
- Acts as a liaison in coordinating with vendors and regulatory agencies in all issues related to information systems.
- Responsible for developing management information tools and methods.
- Coordinating with Human Resource department in training and educating staff to maximize efficient utilization of information systems.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining operational procedures related to information systems.
- Assists management in developing strategic technology objectives.
- Completes the required Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training and ensures that the BSA policy and procedures are adhered by the department personnel.
- Interviews and hires employees for the authorized positions of the Information department.
- Responsible for at least semi-annual performance appraisal of the Information department personnel.
- Submits recommendations of salary adjustments, incentive bonuses, position changes, disciplinary action, and dismissal for approval by the President/CEO or his/her designate.
- Coordinates work schedules and vacation schedules for the Information department personnel.
- Coordinates work load and work flow of the Information department personnel; makes job assignments or reassignments as required; sets performance standards which will ensure completion of work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates the training and cross-training of Information department personnel.
Community and Public Relations Functions:
- Assists in coordinating the goals and objectives of the credit union.
- Promotes credit union services and credit union philosophy, and upholds the image of the credit union.
- Participates in activities of the League, Chapter, and other affiliated organizations, and holds such offices as may be required.
- Assists President/CEO, Executive Vice President and Senior Vice President/COO with the public relations program of the credit union.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the mental, physical, knowledge, education and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Is able to plan, organize and implement new programs and concepts.
- Requires application of sound decision-making principles, logical thinking, problem resolution, good judgment and analysis; concentration; attention to detail; flexibility.
- Is able to handle multiple projects by prioritizing projects and meet deadlines.
- Is able to work well with people.
- Is able to analyze complex rules, regulations, concepts, policies and implement requirements to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Is able to work under stressful and pressure filled situations.
- Frequent basic mathematical skills.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling of items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Is able to operate 10-key by touch and type 30-40 wpm accurately.
- Occasional reaching, climbing a ladder to reach upper shelving.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person or over the phone and/or in writing.
- Occasional mobility around the office, surfaces of primarily carpet.
- Occasional business traveling involved, including land and air travel.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and other organizations.
- Is able to show up to work as scheduled.
- May be required to use his/her personal car to perform credit union business.
- May be required to work at different branch.
- May be required to work beyond the normal business hours, including weekends.
- May be required to attend seminars or classes to increase job skills.
- Must be bondable and have a clear credit rating.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate / GED or equivalent with five (5) years experience in information field in a credit union or other financial institution; or
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with four (4) years experience in information field in a credit union or other financial institution; or
- Business college graduate with three (3) years experience in information field in a credit union or other financial institution; or
- Previous experiences with the SUMMIT Spectrum system and/or HP 3000 computer systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of personal computer systems, PC Networking, Windows operating systems, and Windows based applications.
- Must demonstrate managerial abilities including communication, organization, planning and leadership skills.
- Must have ability to supervise employees, handle complaints and grievances following established procedure.
- Must have ability to speak to groups of people.
- Working alone and with others.
- Moderate noise level.
- Potential exposure to the threat of violence at any time.
- Work is primarily inside an air-conditioned, well-lighted office setting, and high humidity.
This description of duties and qualifications should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive duties of the position. Incumbent will follow any other job related instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.
Indeed - 7 months ago