Hawaii Pacific Health Employee Reviews

Working at HPH as a Temp
Patient Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 3, 2017
My experience with Hawaii Pacific Health is different than many because I'm a temp through an Employment Agency. Because of this, I don't have the same benefits or PTO as an actual employee. Overall I've liked working there and think the environment is very welcoming and friendly.
Paramedic
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 26, 2017
I enjoy working at Riley EMS, it is a great place to be for being at a fast paced EMS service. I love the people I work with and enjoy the pace. I will be sad to move from Kansas because I really do enjoy working there.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
less downtime
N/a
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 12, 2017
I worked as a patient service representative.
I answered phones, scheduled appointments, fax, verified insurances, assist the medical assistant & doctor.
Cons
parking
Lots of interaction with patients, time goes by really quick.
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 20, 2017
A typical work day is very interesting working in the Emergency Department at Pali Momi. There's never a time where it's boring and the people and coworkers around me are amazing. The management have an open door policy so it's nice to know that you have their support. The hardest thing about the job is when it gets busy and all the rooms are filled. We start to open the over flow portion of the department and try to treat patients in the triage rooms.
Large organization with well trained employees
Insurance Follow Up/ Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 24, 2017
Large organization that was able to provide me with a TEMP position that was then transferred to FT based on my work ability, time given to the organization
Changing environments
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaua‘i, HIApril 19, 2017
Was a wonderful place to work. Then one day out of the blue. We were told that certification needed to be at a college off island and a few years later they changed it again and said you need the college cert. from Kauai.
Pros
Versatility
Cons
Much management favoritism
Work Life balance is horrible, management is questionable
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 28, 2017
A typical day for me is answering calls and logging issues, troubleshooting, remote accessing, directory upkeep and more. The job itself is not at all stressful its the people that I work with and the manager that I am under. My coworkers are very socially awkward people that have no idea how to talk to others or our customers on the phone for troubleshooting (we often get Directors that call us and managers and my coworkers do not know at all how to properly speak to them) and if not dealing with them then I have to deal with a bumbling idiot of a manager who doesn't have any prior management experience and also doesn't know how to help you and will throw you under the bus at any opportunity given.
Pros
1 Hour breaks from coworkers (Lunches), The Job is very good and easy
Cons
everything else but the job itself
Intense work place - need to meet certain goals monthly
Lead Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 27, 2017
After Kapiolani Medical Center merged with Straub, Pali Momi and Kauai Medical and became HPH we had to not only be proficient in PlusMedic, you had to learn the dos billing system that Straub was using and then EPIC. You will be accountable for your work queues and accounts receivables.
Pros
Really good benefits package
Cons
No flexibility in employee issues
Professional Workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 7, 2017
Hawaii Pacific Health exudes professionalism and team oriented staffing. Benefits are great as they will match employees disbursed amount into their retirement. Administration is second to none.Always very helpful with timely responses to email or calls.
Great Company
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 28, 2016
Hawaii Pacific Health overall as a company is a great company to work for. Benefits are great and salary is good. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give back to the community.
Pros
Benefits and salary
Cons
high parking rate, communte
staff are great
Manager Clinic Operations (Former Employee) –  Lihue HIApril 14, 2016
Managed all aspects of administrative and patient care activity for the surgical departments. Learned to conduct and administer fiscal operations, including accounting , planning budgets, authorizing expenditures and coordinating financial reporting. Coworkers supported each other. Hardest part of job was being micromanaged by boss; most enjoyable was working with staff
Pros
Staff are great to work with
Cons
expectations always changing with out being told
excellent hospital system
Clinical Study Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2016
Hospital definately has the aloha spirit. Department is growing and excellent in advancing clinical trials within various disciplines. Ease of job due to excellent cooperation between departments.
Cardiovascular Tech/Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 20, 2015
Friendly staff and management, looks of opportunity to advance. I learned so much about using medical computer systems in order to make the job run smooth.
Very productive, management encourages staff to excel in most areas of your job description.
Respiratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 30, 2015
Great workers, good job environment. Staff are very loyal to the company and you seldom had people leaving. Required continually learning and complacency was not encouraged.
Pros
Large company, lots of people to get to know.
Cons
Numbers are important.
Hard to work for
Business Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 3, 2015
Hawaii Pacific Health is a hard place to work for the simple fact that management was great, but the work was more than what was expected for a individual, although they offer great learning experinces.
Progressive org
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 23, 2015
Had the sense that this was a driving organization in Hawaii. Knew that it's IT and management were connected with ACA, change and improved outcomes reporting in Hawaii.
Pros
Progressive
Cons
Large org
Great company with room to advance
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 7, 2014
Put patient's safety and satisfaction in the center of quality care.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIJuly 17, 2014
Supportive environment. Wonderful coworkers. Most doctors care what about the nurse's opinions and work well together.
Best health care network in Hawaii
Compensation Specialist Hawaii Pacific Health (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 25, 2014
A typical day consists of supporting HR personnel and management on compensation related functions and activities.
high turn over
IT (Current Employee) –  honoluluJune 16, 2014
this place has high turn over. I have seen senior level staff change to lower level positions since it is so stressful. Since there high turn over of staff, the staff lack knowledge and they end up scrambling to find qualified people.
benefits
Cons
high turn over and favoritism.