Hawaii Pacific Health Employee Reviews

excellent hospital system
Clinical Study Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 12, 2016
Hospital definately has the aloha spirit. Department is growing and excellent in advancing clinical trials within various disciplines. Ease of job due to excellent cooperation between departments.
Very productive, management encourages staff to excel in most areas of your job description.
Respiratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 30, 2015
Great workers, good job environment. Staff are very loyal to the company and you seldom had people leaving. Required continually learning and complacency was not encouraged.
Pros
Large company, lots of people to get to know.
Cons
Numbers are important.
Cardiovascular Tech/Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 20, 2015
Friendly staff and management, looks of opportunity to advance. I learned so much about using medical computer systems in order to make the job run smooth.
Hard to work for
Business Systems Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 3, 2015
Hawaii Pacific Health is a hard place to work for the simple fact that management was great, but the work was more than what was expected for a individual, although they offer great learning experinces.
Coding Auditor (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 23, 2015
awesome
My long term experience in the healthcare industry has taught me how to focus on resolution to health care issues. I have assisted Physicians and fellow employees in all types of settings.

I look forward to utilize my knowledge learned from my current, previous, and the fundamental knowledge gained from the class in my next endeavor career as a Coding Auditor in Hawaii Pacific Health care organization.
Progressive org
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 23, 2015
Had the sense that this was a driving organization in Hawaii. Knew that it's IT and management were connected with ACA, change and improved outcomes reporting in Hawaii.
Pros
Progressive
Cons
Large org
Friendly people to work with and a real good workplace which respect workpeople.
SPD Aide (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 3, 2013
the most enjoyable part of the job is to know that we are helping patients to be cured on whatever illness they had and the mutual respect of all the workers to each other and quality of service to each patient rendered by all staff!
Pros
an opportunity to be upgraded to a higher level
Cons
healthcare
high turn over
IT (Current Employee) –  honoluluJune 16, 2014
this place has high turn over. I have seen senior level staff change to lower level positions since it is so stressful. Since there high turn over of staff, the staff lack knowledge and they end up scrambling to find qualified people.
benefits
Cons
high turn over and favoritism.
Best health care network in Hawaii
Compensation Specialist Hawaii Pacific Health (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 25, 2014
A typical day consists of supporting HR personnel and management on compensation related functions and activities.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIJuly 17, 2014
Supportive environment. Wonderful coworkers. Most doctors care what about the nurse's opinions and work well together.
Nice place to work
PMMC Cardiac Technician (Current Employee) –  Aiea, HIFebruary 21, 2013
Everyone's very nice and understanding. It takes a while to get the hang of things, but people are happy to help.
Great company with room to advance
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 7, 2014
Put patient's safety and satisfaction in the center of quality care.
High volume of Data Entry
Administrative Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJanuary 15, 2014
A typical day at work involved arriving very early in the morning and diving right into the daily work routine, which included checking e-mails, ensuring that conference rooms and resources were available for the day and week's requirements. Update any changes, enter a high volume of information referent to expense reports, purchase orders, agreement information, invoices, etc., into their respective spreadsheets/database.

Frequent contact with other departments such as Accounts Payable in ensuring that orders were processed and submitted timely for payment.

I worked in a diverse environment with people from various educational and cultural backgrounds which has contributed to the dynamic atmosphere of the office.

The most challenging part of the job was the volume of both electronic as well as hard copy invoices which I was responsible for processing before submitting for approval and then payment. However, thankfully because of my excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize, coupled with my commitment to always getting to work on time, I was never overwhelmed or fell behind in completing my duties.

I enjoyed coming to work because the environment was very friendly and light, people had a commitment to those we served and we truly enjoyed our work.
Pros
free snacks, coffee, sense of community, potlucks on holidays, and decorations on holidays as well
Cons
common area could get too noisy during morning time

4.2