Hawaiian Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Great company good people.
Office (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 23, 2015
It can be a struggle for work life balance at times, but overall good company to work for. Lots of changes through the years but the CEO is leading the company in the right direction.
benefits
\\m// Free Travel \\m//
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Kailua-Kona, HIJanuary 18, 2016
By far the best job I've ever had. I love to travel, and Hawaiian Airlines gives me the opportunity to do so on their dime. Super low pay for the work and the stress that comes with the job.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
Low Pay
Good job overall
IT Security Analyst & Business Liaison (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 13, 2015
Good temporary job working for Hawaiian Airlines. This job got my foot in the door and I was able to get an FTE job at HA after working as a contractor for 13 months or so. Pay wasn't great and benefits were below average.
Pros
Great experience and got my foot in the door
Cons
Lower than average pay and below average benefits
Amazing Benefits with a price
Part-Time Reserve Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 16, 2014
All I can say about Hawaiian Airlines is that some upper management personnel seem to not care about their employees. Not everyone is like this, though. Many upper management people that I had met seemed to really care for their employees but some of them were cold and uncaring for people's situations. One employee missed training because he was not informed and they basically said "not my problem". They had said on many occasions (whether the CEO knows about this or not) that "they do not accommodate for ANYONE'S personal schedules". So in closing, they are a great company to work for if you have no outside life and can dedicate your entire existence to Hawaiian Airlines. If not, then they will waste their time and your time on months of interviews and training only to let you go.
Pros
flying benefits
Cons
uncaring management, rigid schedules, more concerned about profit than employees
It was very challenging.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2014
It has it peaks moments and off peak moments. We only had 3 departings flight and 3 inbound flights. You learn a lot of computer entries. It was brain challenging and physical too. There was never a hard task to do. U mostly needed a good memory to remember ticketing entries especially when ticketing passengers to other airlines. Management needs more training. Love helping my co-workers especially with ticketing problems. The hardest part of the job was when it was slow and nothing to do. it got really boring. I love when we were constantly busy!!
Pros
benefits were great
Cons
non
Great Company to Work for
Customer Service Agent - ( Honolulu Int'l Airport (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 5, 2015
An Amazing place to work, however, I'm searching for new opportunities that offer advancement. Everyone was very friendly and Family oriented.
The Ohana I work with!
Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIApril 16, 2013
I do a 0300 to 1000 shift at Hawaiian Airlines Cargo.
I do about 25 Airways bills with in 2 hours, for our Priority customers, to go on our first planes out to our inter island flights. Then we off load our fight Ha17 from LAS. Which has a load from International bridge. I've learned to work as a team member, cause things flow so much easier. Our management has changed about 3 months ago. Our one manager went to 4 managers. I believe the hardest part of my day is off loading the flights and stacking freight. The most enjoyable part is seeing the smiling faces of our loyal Shippers bringing their freight. And the Ohana coworkers at Hawaiian Airlines.
Pros
flight benefits for me and my family
Cons
not enough time in the day, and days off to travel.
Great company struggling to become a major player
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WaAugust 26, 2015
I worked in Honolulu and North America. Honolulu was great as they were still very much into the old way of doing things. It was a great place to be part of a large company, but not so much the corporate sense of no fun in the work place. I loved working with Hawaiian and working in Hawaii. Every weekend was a vacation. North America has a long way to go before they get to a professional branch of the company. They are very segmented from Hawaii and almost seem to forget that even though they're far from the islands every aircraft and major decision comes out of Honolulu. The mechanics in Hawaii take a while to warm up to the new comer, but if you can keep up and prove your worth they are great and very helpful. The entire Honolulu maintenance experience was great. I miss it very much and have a few regrets leaving for the mainland.
Pros
Sunshine, laid back attitude, new aircraft
Cons
leadership is tough to talk to, the move to Hawaii from the mainland
Great job to travel to different places
Resolution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 20, 2014
The job itself was challenging especially trying to investigate customer issues and compensating and responding to each complaint accordingly. The management could've been better. Took on responsibilities that were passed to our department by others.
Pros
free flight benefits and great medical
Cons
management
The highs and the lows
(hidden) (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 7, 2013
In this company it really depends on where you work and who your boss is. Some positions are very laid back, whereas others are very high-stress.

Excellent health care benefits.

Other notes: Working as a flight attendant here is great for people seeking long-term employment, or as a station agent. The union is very strong. Marketing is also a good place to jump into if you have the skills to do it.

Warning: You don't get to use your vacation (and free flight benefits) until after a year of working.
Pros
flight benefits, rich office culture
Cons
high stress, lots of politics
Night shift works well together
Part-Time Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 14, 2014
Shift starts at 6pm ends at midnight.
Our group works well together and help each other out by trading shifts so others can take a day off.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
ends at midnight
Excellent Flight Benefits
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas HIOctober 14, 2014
This is a great company to work for! They have excellent flight benefits.
Great cullture
Governance and Compliance Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  honoluluJuly 3, 2015
Hawaiian Airlines office are in Oahu and the work culture was very exciting.

It was a great team and moment in my life.
The hardest part was leaving the company.
Pros
Great location
Cons
payscales was minimum
Productive and fun place to work
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Lihue KauaiNovember 20, 2013
Management and employees make this place a fun environment to work. The benefits are excellent and I have made life long friends.
Awesome.
Mainland Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2012
Benefits are awesome but the culture and what they follow is great!
Pros
benefits!
Cons
high union dues
Must be a fun place to work at
Administrative Assist; legal clerk; cleaner (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 22, 2012
Hawaiian is a very desirable place that I feel my expertise in the legal field will be put to good use.
Pros
flight benefits
I enjoy working with people doing customer service
Customer Service agent (Current Employee) –  Kailua konaMay 18, 2015
We have a briefing of the flight loads and where we are assigned to work to get our flight out on time with no problems. Everyone works together to check in all the passengers and then board them on the flight.
Pros
Enjoy listing to our visitors and how they enjoy thier time in our Islands.
Flight line readiness
Flight Line Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 22, 2014
worked nights; hours anywhere 8 to 16 hrs.; worked well with management and coworkers in Hawaii was always great! Help trained and performed tests and repairs DC_9s and DC_10s ; L-1011's. The hardest jobs were when the rains came in while working out on the ramp. Something new and troubleshooting systems from Pilot's write-ups.
Pros
climate, worked with a lot of knowledgeable personnel
Cons
very little complaint
The spirit of aloha!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 2, 2014
Definitely a workplace to try and get into. The spirit of aloha embodies everything - from the people, to the customer, to the aircraft, to the offices. Everyone is happy; until there is a delay. Otherwise, the customers are all on leisure travel. No business, all play. The management team at LAX are wonderful. The work load is upbeat and manageable. Airport agents are protected by a union as is the Inflight department. The open door policy is nice and leadership has a personal and business relationship with everyone.
Diverse group of people and very proud and cultural.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Kailua-Kona hawaiiOctober 3, 2012
We worked as a team loading and unloading airplanes,wing walking planes to destinations once the plane has landed. responsible for cleanliness, responsible for safety related issues dealing with plane. I learned time management very important in that industry. my co-workers were very business minded.hardest part of the job was to get the plane in and out safely on time consistently.The most fun part of the job was pot-lucks days.
Pros
very physical stayed in shape, as well as organisation skills.
Cons
no room for mistakes at all .

4.3