Hawaiian Gardens Casino Employee Reviews

Okay as a part time job only.
Accounts Payable / Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2017
I don't have any reviews. You would need to work at Hawaiian Gardens Casino for yourself to experience the stress. I don't have anything good or bad to comment on this matter. Thank You
reliable hours
Security (Former Employee) –  carson streetJune 1, 2017
its okay. wouldn't recommend. The job just feels like a job. doesn't make you feel like your apart of the company just a pawn. managers act like they are in high school and talk behind your back and wont move you up the "ladder" if they don't have a social connection with you.
Is good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAMay 27, 2017
It's a good job. I enjoy the work and the people I work for. The managers are understanding and good at what they do. The staff of the casino is like a family.
Productive but strict workplace
CA Card Dealer/Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAMay 8, 2017
Hawaiian Gardens Casino is all about business. There are a lot of customers, but it is a high-stress environment. The higher ups care very little about employees.
Pros
Lots of Customers
Cons
Very strict, lots of politics
fun place to work
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAMarch 5, 2017
learn a lot from the veterans in the casino and payed attention to the classes that they offer me and I take advantage of all the knowledge they offer us
Pros
free classes
Cons
no days off
Boring surveillance job
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAFebruary 26, 2017
I was a surveillance operator so my job was very boring and I wasn't very good at it. The quality of the picture on the monitors were not good at all, it was very blurry. So it was hard to find cheating or theft going on.
casino for play card
Count Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAFebruary 11, 2017
I work as a count clerk to count the chips the (the many use to pied on the playing table).
I start my work at 6:00 am and I finish 2:30 to 4:00 pm.
The hardest part of the job that I use my finger all the time to pick up the chips, Separation of different colors and count it. Also we stand all the hour work when we count. Before we have free lunch (part of our Benefits) put know no more.
Stable company to work for
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Very stable company to work for and enjoyed the daily free lunches that came with my position as the Accounting Supervisor.

The Accounting Manager, my direct Supervisor was not a pleasant person to work for.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no room for advancement
Pleasant work place with great diversity
Customer Service Representative/Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAFebruary 1, 2017
A multi-ethnic work environment that was responsive to the customers expectations for a great gaming experience. Employer offered training an the opportunity for upward mobility.
Pros
Training and opportunity for upward mobility
Cons
Language barriers with foreign customers
Hostile environment
Unarmed Security Officer Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAMay 16, 2016
Hostile work environment. Supervisors were not very understanding. No opportunity to advance. Workers were mistreated. Too much favoritism. The only individuals who were able to promote were the ones less qualified.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
interesting place to work at
Security Officer/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Garden CAOctober 26, 2015
Diverse and interesting environment to work and ability to move in house from different job fields. Working closely with diverse ethnic groups that expanded overall customer satisfaction.
Pros
fun
Cons
exposure to life styles
Great place to work, your able to encounter something different everyday.
Security (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAOctober 23, 2015
typically I did box pull daily which meant that I had to collect the daily till from the card tables, before the next incoming shift. I also provided breaks to different post throughout the property.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
doing box pull
Good company to work for very friendly staff
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAMay 21, 2015
I had a great time working at the casinos. Management was very friendly and supportive. I enjoyed doing maintenance work.
All good supervisors are gone
Cage (Current Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAJanuary 27, 2015
The cage has fallen apart since the main management has left. Moral has gone down significantly
Great Casino in the heart of Southern California.
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAMarch 12, 2014
Chips converted to cash and cash to chips for the gambling public and the dealers.
N/a
Manager, Cage/Credit Operations (Current Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAAugust 23, 2013
Good compensation for my position
Upper management is lacking in many areas
Exciting to meet new people
Cage Cashier II (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAMay 10, 2013
A typical day at work was always enjoyable and comfortable. Co-workers were always a team players and easy to get along with. Management was very fair and courteous to me. Learned how to manage large amounts of money in cash and casino chips. The hardest part of the job was to balance your drawer within $5.00 more or less. I enjoyed working with all my fellow employees the most.
Pros
Lunch was discounted, hours were convenient
Cons
Disciplining was unfair. Alot of favortism
It's a fun workplace to be.
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CAFebruary 15, 2013
I think Hawaiin Gardens Casino is one of the most pleasant casino to play and to work in California. It's fun to work with my co-workers and the management are easy to get along with everybody. The hard part of the job was when dealing to the abusive players. As a dealer I had to do my job right and be more friendly to them. Most of the time I enjoy my job because I know that I am a good dealer and I made the game fun to play. I deal fast and accurate. I always pay attention to the game.
Pros
floor person are always helpful to the dealers. most co-workers are very helpful.
Cons
casino starts charging us $3 per down. casino took 15% from the tip that i made for the day.
excellent for someone who likes to stay busy
Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CADecember 20, 2012
Easy to say busy with work. Food is good. Plays music in bar area.
Pros
great food.
Cons
hassel to park and be shuttled onto property.
casino
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaOctober 5, 2011
nice place next to OC to eat and play cards friendly staff