HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union

HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Slow pace job
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kīhei, HIJuly 30, 2017
Worked here for a few months, wasn't something I felt I was able to advance in, this is a job for someone who just needs work right away, but if you're looking to further your career, this isn't the place.
Great Place to Work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 4, 2017
We are on a journey of transformation! Great people work here with the credit union philosophy of people helping people. The benefits are top notch and everyone is very nice and helpful.
Senior Management/Management must evolve w/the industry
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 20, 2017
HawaiiUSA FCU needs to adjust to a changing financial industry. Far too much time and effort is wasted on duties that should be assigned to the back office.
Young up and coming employees are burdened by the old guard who refuse to adjust to an evolving industry. Management refuses to include efficiency into the equation which stifles progress. There are far too many of the old guard who are complacent and short sighted to see where the banking industry is headed, still insistent on applying procedures from decades ago.

Workplace culture is that of a "cover your butt" mentality which creates a fear based atmosphere and prevents anyone from displaying any initiative. This has resulted in a large base of employees who continue to do the bare minimum.

Training for new employees is not well implemented at all. Trainers who have never practiced what they are teaching in a live environment are providing the training and education to incoming or advancing employees. This creates errors, insecurity and doubt among the newly trained employees who are then required to apply what they've learned in a live branch setting. Poor training by ill-placed trainers is also the reason process and procedures are not standardized from branch to branch, this creates a very disorganized work environment.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the constant tension and conflict between management and employees. Often times management isn't aware of procedural changes and it takes far too much effort and time for the front line staff to be productive.

The most enjoyable part of my
  more... job is by far are my co-workers. It's important you find a group of peers you can trust and create a bond with, this will be your best asset. Unfortunately cliques are abundant throughout HawaiiUSA and you'll be best served to find people you can trust.  less
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Sr. Management/Management, cliques, outdated procedures, refusal to evolve
Great Location
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  ‘Ewa Beach, HIJune 6, 2017
HawaiiUsa Federal Credit union has 15 branches to service their membership and opportunity to expand membership in the various locations. Everyday is a difference experiences and fast paced. The hardest part of the job is changing the perception of a traditional branch and service expectations. Working at Uniiveral staff (who performs all duties, i.e., opening accounts, processing transaction and Consumer and Mortgage Loans. Presents challenges working with half the normal staffing - doing more with less at the same time do not compromise on service. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the members service expectations and helping them achieve their financial dreams.
Pros
Short staff
Cons
Family medical coverage
Productive and fun place. Fast pace and keep you on your toes.
Central Operations - Account Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96817May 18, 2016
Work environment was fast pace, lots of advancement in the Credit Union, TEAM work was great! Excellent benefits! Always learning new tasks or processes.
Enjoyed working with the department. New projects were challenging but yet process/new jobs was mastered after finding resolutions.
Pros
Yearly performance bonuses and great benefits.
productive work place
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 17, 2016
Everyone at work is always willing to help one another in order to complete daily tasks. They are also so friendly to each other and especially to members.
Pros
Free Benefits
Cons
short lunch
overall
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIFebruary 6, 2016
My co-workers were lovely and we worked well together, however the robotic day to day experience was not for me. I cannot stand in place for 8 hours asking the same questions over and over again. I am a person who meeds to move around and interact in different ways.
n/a
n/a (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 25, 2015
overall it was a great place to learn about the financial world. i enjoyed my work but when upper management decided to change things around we lost so many people. They took the fun out and management played favoritism big time!!
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Great place to work, great place to learn!
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HawaiiApril 7, 2015
I learn a lot while at HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union. A typical day at work includes receiving tickets through email, phones, or the ticketing system, and resolving the tickets based on a SLA. We have 2 project days each 1 to 2 weeks. These project days are used to work on our individual projects that we are assigned to. Right now my projects include: loaner laptop/VPN administrator, hardware backup administrator, and invoicing/inventory. We have a immediate supervisor for Helpdesk and then the next supervisor would be our VP of Information Technology, and finally our Senior Vice President. The most enjoyable part of my day is facing new problems and learning how to solve the unique issues. I love the people and co-workers and we all get along really well.
Company has lost its luster!
Mortgage Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 15, 2014
Haven worked for the company for over a year they decided to make so changes: firing people, and also, rewriting a the work contract and not allowing enough time to review.
Pros
The friendly coworkers
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9