Software Architect– Agile, SOAP, RESTful, NoSQL (158)
JOB LOCATION: MARYLAND
Period of Performance: now through March 31, 2015
Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
- Required Skills: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area
- Candidate will experience working with a small development team in an Agile methodology (SCRUM) from initial requirements through delivery and maintenance, and will gain skills with Agile development practices, specifically TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, and automated testing using RSpec or Cucumber.
- Successful candidate will also gain experience using Ruby on Rails to develop RESTful web services and Oracle Spatial capabilities from Rails.
Desired experience might include
- XML experience including XML Schema, XSLT, and XPath
- Working with service oriented architectures using SOAP or RESTful APIs.
- User Interface (web) design and testing
- Large datasets (TB sized databases, batch processing large data sets, etc.)
- Scalable and high availability software architectures
- Software architectures that integrate with NoSQL database systems
- Distributed search products such as ElasticSearch or Lucene.
- Java server-side development using Spring, Spring-WS, and Java deployment technologies including Ant and JBoss.
- Oracle Spatial capabilities with large ( >80M) data, including spatial query optimization and multiple coordinate system translation.
Software Developer – Agile, SOAP, RESTful, NoSQL will perform software design and development activities on the NASA ECHO project. This resource will work with a small but very senior development team. Candidates must have knowledge of Agile development processes that include test and behavior driven development, automated unit testing, continuous integration, and short, rapid deployments.