Senior-level Software Architect – Agile, Lucene, NoSQL
Period of Performance: now through March 31, 2015
Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject and at least 8 years of directly applicable work experience
- Experience working with a small development team in an Agile methodology (preferably SCRUM) from initial requirements through delivery and maintenance.
- Experience with Agile development practices, specifically TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, and automated testing using RSpec or Cucumber.
- Experience using Ruby on Rails to develop RESTful web services. Ideal candidate would have experience using Oracle Spatial capabilities from Rails.
- Extensive XML experience including XML Schema, XSLT, and XPath
- Experience working with service oriented architectures using both SOAP and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with User Interface (web) design and testing
- Experience with large datasets (TB sized databases, batch processing large data sets, etc.)
- Experience with scalable and high availability software architectures
- Experience with GeoSpatial data, ideally Earth Science data.
- Experience developing with JRuby and deploying applications within TorqueBox.
- Experience developing in functional programming languages, preferably Clojure.
- Experience designing software architectures that integrate with NoSQL database systems, preferably MongoDB.
- Experience integrating with a distributed search product, preferably ElasticSearch or Lucene.
- Extensive Java server-side development experience, specifically using Spring, Spring-WS, JAXB and an ORM. Candidate should have experience with Java deployment technologies including Ant and JBoss.
- Experience with Oracle Spatial capabilities, preferably with large ( >80M) data, including spatial query optimization and multiple coordinate system translation.
Senior level software architect will perform development team leadership, operations technical support, software process implementation, and software design and development activities on the NASA ECHO project. This resource will work with a small but very senior development team. Candidates must have extensive experience with Agile development processes that include test and behavior driven development, automated unit testing, continuous integration, and short, rapid deployments.
Candidates must have an understanding of how software architecture and design can be reconciled and developed using agile processes. Candidates must have an understanding of how requirements are elicited from customers, captured, refined, and tracked in agile methodologies. Ideal candidate is a highly enthusiastic team member excited about learning new technologies and continually evolving an operational system.
Indeed - 14 months ago