Period of Performance: now through November 30, 2013
Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
The EOSDIS is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing. The development and maintenance of the EOSDIS website is led by the NASA EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) project.
The NASA EED Program is looking for Software Engineer Sr to work in a fast paced agile development environment performing analysis, software programming/development and support for a large web-based application.
1. As a member of the team you will participate in the design and development or enhancing business functions.
2. Develop and maintain Drupal based web sites and applications
3. Develop and design code using PHP, CSS, Java/J2EE JSP, and HTML.
4. Perform various types of testing, related test preparation and quality assurance process.
5. Comply with various project standards and requirements of the company as well as the customer and legal requirements of (SEC-508).
6. Acts independently, or leads a group of technical contributors, while maintaining top level responsibility for detailed systems analysis and design during business capture, proposal development and/or delivery
7. Articulate the client's problems and primary business drivers and develops conceptual, logical, and physical solutions which address those needs
8. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of a specific current technology, both internally and within the industry, and its applicability to the organization
9. Ensure industry best practices and assets are leveraged when necessary.
10. Minimum of 6 years experience in web front-end software development
1. In-depth full life cycle Software design and development experience on a large/complex commercial Online/Real-Time Transaction Processing systems or n-tier client/server applications.
2. Drupal development skills and experience, including module and theme development
3. In-depth programming experience in PHP, CSS, JAVA, and SQL/PL in a fast pace Agile environment.
4. Experience with Apache running in a Linux environment
5. Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, GIT, Confluence).
6. Must have proven ability to manage, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent software development project activities.
7. Energetic, self motivated, team player
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good experience in preparing IT technical documents, project plans and office communications.
9. Must possess the ability to assess architecture and current system limitations.
10. Experiences in sustaining and operating geographically dispersed deployments of new capabilities and COTS products.
11. Experience in developing and maintaining system and component level requirements and interface control documents
1. Experience with cloud computing
1. Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any quantitative Sciences