Hawker Beechcraft Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work
Inspection Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2016
I have worked for this company under various names,Hangar One,United Beechcraft,Raytheon,Hawker Beechcraft, Textron Aviation. They have always been good to me.
Fast paced
A & P Mechanic II Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 20, 2016
Fast paced work environment. The people that worked for me were simply amazing and very able to learn new skills. Hours of operation and the challenge of getting the aircraft out on time is a great experience as well.
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
Away from my family
High Prodoction and Long Hours
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 8, 2016
I started working on the King Air Final Assembly line. I moved into quality notifications, and got blue print and inspection certified. I worked long hours, but was well compensated for my time.
Pros
Ability to work on different tasks on a daily basis
Cons
Great Job and Great People I worked with.
Manufacturing Engineer / Tooling (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 6, 2016
Best Job with great people! I had a great time and enjoyed going to work here daily. Bosses were great and they listened if we needed help.
Nice laid back approach to employees
EHS Regional Manager / Local Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2016
Beechcraft is the top of the line for category of business aircraft. Management was very concerned with workers comfort and safety as well as production levels. A very good balance between social and work functions.
Pros
Employee Recongnition
Cons
To much R&D funding brought company down.
work at your own pace. comfortable and fun enviroment
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 19, 2016
I had learn so much working here and it does not stop. Every now i learn new job just to keep me busy. The manager are very helpful and so are the workers. The hardest job of the day is when i have to stop what Im doin cause of an error. The enjoyable day is when my task is completed
productive place of employment
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 4, 2015
A good place for a career, great benefits, co-workers are easy to get along with, management never had a problem with them, training available when needed.
Good condition at workshop. Assign jobs to the capacity of each person. Sanitary condition and safety in the workshop was very good at keeping.
Composite Lay up and Bagging (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 7, 2015
Starting in shift, we receive the work orders, pull out blueprints and follow the instructions to do the works.
I was at a good workplace with good managements and good co-workers that I have learned much from them.
Sometimes I encounter a little trouble getting to do new parts.
I am a person who likes to learn a lot of experience in the job and feel very happy to finish product.
Cost Reduction Coordinator
Cost Reduction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 3, 2015
 Project Coordinator for the Bottom 20% Cost Reduction Team
 Worked with a consulting firm to build Should-Cost Models for on going projects
 Reviewed contracts internally to ensure cost reduction team was able to resource components in question
 Worked with suppliers to request quote packages by a set deadline
 Negotiated quotes with suppliers after competitive bids were selected
 Worked with Engineering/Methods to gather deliverables to complete each project
 Created project summaries via Power Point and Excel and reported to senior leadership as to why a project was or was not successful
Great Aircraft Company with great benefits
RETURN TO SERVICE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEAugust 31, 2015
Best company and family a person could work for. Hawker has most of the best equipment to work on the aircraft. Management has always been fair to everyone. They send you to great schools with flight safety.
Pros
Great aircraft and personnel
Good place to work.
Sheetmetal Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 5, 2015
I was employed there the three month immediately preceeding my enlistment in the Air Force. I learned some valuable skills in the air craft industry.
Good company, fun place to work.
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 14, 2015
It was a good company,good pay. Manager and co-workers were friendly. Improved in work skills,it had good benefits. There were no difficulties while working.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shut down
Productive workplace
Material Handler/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 27, 2015
Great working environment with room to grow in the company great people to be around very motivated and eager to help teach or show you things work
Professional culture with team player culture
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 19, 2015
Working with a cohesive team, which has entrepreneurial culture. High Energy and results oriented, Working with fortune 100 Companies and private flight departments globally..
Diverse industry with many challenges
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2015
A typical day involves many aspects - assisting customers as needed, also maintaining a good work flow relating to warranty part returns, core processing, customer orders. Inventory management is a large part of the process as well - making sure inventory is maintained properly in order to assist maintenance technicians with keeping productivity at peak levels.

A tough part of the job can be attempting to maintain many projects with associates who are out of state - involves many emails and phone calls to try and solve invoicing / vendor billing issues.

The most enjoyable part of the day is generally towards the end of the work day when you realize that as busy as you were - you really accomplished a lot and made a real difference.
Pros
they offer plenty of vacation and bonus time off - at times buy lunch for the crew, have provided nascar ticket packages to employees and their guests for free.
Cons
management is out of state / off site.
Good people to work with
Jig Builder/Tooling (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMarch 1, 2015
Remastered jigs, Reset details with precision tools, welding, running various power tools ,read blueprints. Had a great boss, good co-workers. Meeting some deadlines was hard. Good working hours.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
closed plant
Educational and fun.
Avionics Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day is very mentally challenging. We have a lot of fun while still maintaining our professionalism. The hardest part is it being high stress but it is very rewarding.
Their went bankrupt
Senior Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock ARJanuary 16, 2015
Aviation is a very volatile industry. This company is no longer in business and its facilities have been vacant since January 2013.
Lack of communication and lack of people not doing your jobs
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2015
a typical day at work would be clocking starting work, packing, sorting parts, with lack of supplies that we ask for in advance ,a week ahead time. computers not respond so we can do are jobs, as well as no benefits and no sick leave plus little space to work in. lack of communication because people not talking about work projects that they did then messing the other person up. it makes work a lot harder than what it should be.
Stay far away!
A&P Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2015
I can say with certainty that this is one of the worst places I have ever worked in all of my aviation career.

The leads act like they are in the military yelling and talking down to employees.

Everyone that works there acts like they are scared.

Why would you be scared to lose your job at this place?

You can feel the tension when you walk in the place.

The communication is a joke, they give you zero warning of working overtime.

They treat everyone like a complete moron, the job isn't rocket science.

I can see why they have problems with retention.

Do yourself a big favor and DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
management, old and run down facility

2.8