Hawker Beechcraft Employee Reviews

Good People
Aircraft Painter/Interior Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 19, 2017
I learned a lot in the avionics world here at Hawkerbeech it was a fast pace job. This job kept me on my toes daily. I loved how the people at Hawker was more like a family
Job Shop
Maintenance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
The maintenance team were respectfull of the Inspection Department. We all got along very well and respeted each others positions. Very busy most of the time.
Hawker Beechcraft
Executive Admin and Ethics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 28, 2017
This employer provided a good experience. Overall, this was the baseline where I learned all my leadership abilities and was able to explore what I was capable of.
Good place to be
A&P mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJune 7, 2017
Just a good place to be, lots of different things to work on a bit more training classes would've been nice as well as some OJT training But I do miss working there
Pros
clean
Cons
having to keep it clean
Aircraft
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 4, 2017
good place to work friendly training classes were available to all who wanted to expand there knowledge in the work place. great pay and benefits. Great Management Team.
Pros
good palce to work
Nice facility
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 3, 2017
Never had a issue working here. If given the chance you should too. Nice place to learn as a apprentice then go somewhere else or make a career out of it.
Fun Workplace
Final Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 2, 2017
Can work at a steady pace and be comfortable. On the job training was excellent. The moral was wonderful. I felt safe and secure with the company and employees
Wish they were still in business
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time here but unfortunately they filed for bankruptcy and the LR facility was shut down. The work environment was difficult at times but you were generally well-compensated for your efforts.
Productive and fun place to work back in the day
Senior Technical Support Associate - Engineering (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 25, 2017
I miss the old days of working at Hawker and/or Beech. It is what it is now and there is nothing that can change it back, from my understanding they are weeding out all the Beech people and will only have Cessna people left shortly.
Pros
Benefits and the people
Cons
sell out
fast paced good starter job
Aircraft Composite and Sheet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 16, 2017
Hawker for what its worth is a good job to gain experience and knowledge in the aircraft industry but not a place to make a career, the team lea members and union members are all very untrained and un-skilled it is a hostile work place with lots of childish people.
Pros
pay is so-so
Cons
union sucks management sucks enviroment sucks
friendly place to work
Production and Field Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 12, 2017
the company has long history in aviation business. it has a lot nice products to work on. management is fair, work environment is nice, good place to work.
Low Job Security
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 30, 2017
Due to being in the aircraft manufacturing industry, this company has frequent layoffs and had to be bought out by Textron.

At the time I worked there (2008-2011), employee turnover was so high during layoffs that the culture made it difficult to show up for work with any motivation. Colleagues felt like they had to compete with one another just to keep their jobs, which created a toxic culture where little information was shared and productivity suffered greatly.

Management did not bother to develop their employees because of lack of resources available to do so.
Very good place to work
MRB Controler (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2017
Good pay great place to work and advancement good people to work with best job I've ever had would recommend to anyone look for a long lasting job to have
Pros
to many to write
Manager 1- Hawker 4000 Assembly (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 17, 2017
Company provides good opportunities to advance if a person is interested and willing to work for it. Good support network and works to create an environment for success.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Company in transition
Okay place to work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 17, 2017
This was an okay place to work as far as manufacturing goes, however it wasn't very organized which created a lot of extra work and rework in my area.
good Company
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time working here. the only down side was the Union. I did not like dealing with them. other than that great company ....................
Pros
na
Cons
na
friendly company to work for
Production Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 9, 2017
the company had numbers of models to take care of. it has more jobs for engineering to do. the culture is friendly, feeling good to work with coworker and manangement. the benefit is fair.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
too many products to take care of
Was a favorite job! Loved interacting with the employees and management
Human Resources Director (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 28, 2017
I loved this job, I would hold a monthly meeting to update employees on policies and procedures which changed or events. I then would let them have an ice cream social, or cake, cookies etc. This was for a company of 148 employees and 65 contract workers. Very nice company almost to the extent you felt like family. I had an open door policy and met with all expectations of my job and beyond. When our Workers Compensation Manager was let go, I was given that job on top of all the other duties that goes with Human Resources, I was on call 24/7, and there were nights I was there to take the employee to hospital to get drug tested if the minor emergency was not open. I had to write all the paperwork to explain the accident what action was taken, and then have a meeting with the employee and management on what the consequences would be.
All in all I loved this position, but due to personal reasons I had leave the company. It was a shame but due to health concerns I had not choice.
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita KsJanuary 16, 2017
Wichita Ks is a good place to bring up a family and Hawker Beechcraft provided a stable work environment until the industry down turn in 2008
Good Place to Work
Inspection Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2016
I have worked for this company under various names,Hangar One,United Beechcraft,Raytheon,Hawker Beechcraft, Textron Aviation. They have always been good to me.