Hawker Beechcraft Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Sheetmetal Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 5, 2015
I was employed there the three month immediately preceeding my enlistment in the Air Force. I learned some valuable skills in the air craft industry.
Good company, fun place to work.
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 14, 2015
It was a good company,good pay. Manager and co-workers were friendly. Improved in work skills,it had good benefits. There were no difficulties while working.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Shut down
Productive workplace
Material Handler/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 27, 2015
Great working environment with room to grow in the company great people to be around very motivated and eager to help teach or show you things work
Professional culture with team player culture
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 19, 2015
Working with a cohesive team, which has entrepreneurial culture. High Energy and results oriented, Working with fortune 100 Companies and private flight departments globally..
Diverse industry with many challenges
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2015
A typical day involves many aspects - assisting customers as needed, also maintaining a good work flow relating to warranty part returns, core processing, customer orders. Inventory management is a large part of the process as well - making sure inventory is maintained properly in order to assist maintenance technicians with keeping productivity at peak levels.

A tough part of the job can be attempting to maintain many projects with associates who are out of state - involves many emails and phone calls to try and solve invoicing / vendor billing issues.

The most enjoyable part of the day is generally towards the end of the work day when you realize that as busy as you were - you really accomplished a lot and made a real difference.
Pros
they offer plenty of vacation and bonus time off - at times buy lunch for the crew, have provided nascar ticket packages to employees and their guests for free.
Cons
management is out of state / off site.
Good people to work with
Jig Builder/Tooling (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSMarch 1, 2015
Remastered jigs, Reset details with precision tools, welding, running various power tools ,read blueprints. Had a great boss, good co-workers. Meeting some deadlines was hard. Good working hours.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
closed plant
Educational and fun.
Avionics Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day is very mentally challenging. We have a lot of fun while still maintaining our professionalism. The hardest part is it being high stress but it is very rewarding.
Their went bankrupt
Senior Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Rock ARJanuary 16, 2015
Aviation is a very volatile industry. This company is no longer in business and its facilities have been vacant since January 2013.
Lack of communication and lack of people not doing your jobs
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2015
a typical day at work would be clocking starting work, packing, sorting parts, with lack of supplies that we ask for in advance ,a week ahead time. computers not respond so we can do are jobs, as well as no benefits and no sick leave plus little space to work in. lack of communication because people not talking about work projects that they did then messing the other person up. it makes work a lot harder than what it should be.
Stay far away!
A&P Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2015
I can say with certainty that this is one of the worst places I have ever worked in all of my aviation career.

The leads act like they are in the military yelling and talking down to employees.

Everyone that works there acts like they are scared.

Why would you be scared to lose your job at this place?

You can feel the tension when you walk in the place.

The communication is a joke, they give you zero warning of working overtime.

They treat everyone like a complete moron, the job isn't rocket science.

I can see why they have problems with retention.

Do yourself a big favor and DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
management, old and run down facility
Excellent Workplace
Interior Installer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 6, 2014
Hawker Beechcraft was a great company to work for. The pay was competitive, the hours were reasonable, and benefits were good. If it weren't for the company failing financially, I would suggest anyone work there. Overall, top choice for employment.
is where i started with my aircraft career
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 13, 2014
great place too learn the ropes n get started being responsible for your work
Pros
close too apt at the time
Cons
just didnt pay a competative wage
Reviewing BOM and Estimitate to Complete for Financial Reporting
Site sales $850m (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2014
Typical Day: Discussing completion aspects of aircraft in relation to estimated plan (spending and timing). Identifying deviations and determining impact to reporting for the organization.

Hardest, most enjoyable, learning...... Learning the language of aerospace while implementing Scorecard Metrics for each process.
Pros
co-worker interaction
Cons
financial stability of the organization overall
If the head mechanic does not like you, your out of there
Structures Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2014
There is a lot of favoritism in the work floor.
The head mechanic has the last and only word and he says who stays and who doesn't.
Unstable company
Sheet Metal Mechanic and Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 24, 2014
Hardest part of working for Hawker Beechcraft was that in the 7 years, my schedule changed 12 times making home life hard.
Pros
moved me around to keep me employeed
Cons
stability
good place to work for.
Final Line Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wichita KansasSeptember 18, 2014
My job was to inspect the whole plane after being built (structural inside and out, electrical, mechanical, avionics, electronics,all flight surfaces, including routing and rigging, all safety systems and testing thereof and complete operations of all systems including engines before being sent to Flight Dept. I have numerous certifications from Hawker Beechcraft. (Now known as Textron Aviation). I worked with Management, Production and Engineering to produce an aircraft of the highest standards while still meeting deadlines. The enjoyable part of the job was when Q.A. and production work together to produce a quality product.
Troubled company
Regional Airworthiness Director (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 29, 2014
Customers had become to steep discounts by the end of the year, so virtually no sales until late in the year, then a mad scramble to unload business jets at a loss. Sales department drove the company and promised customer just about anything.
Pros
flying club
Cons
struggling company
Solid people, questionable future
Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  wichita, ksAugust 22, 2014
I enjoyed many of the people I worked with, however the private aircraft industry is unsure, and management was in flux during my tenure. As of the recent Textron purchase, I cannot speak to it. I have a favorable opinion of my experience there.
Pros
good co-workers, solid city
Cons
senior mangement was in flux
A great place to work where you are encouraged to grow and bring your ideas to the table.
Technical Support Specialist Sr (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 15, 2014
This company has changed over the years. Initially, a place where you could grow your career and family support was encouraged. Over the years, the focus has shifted to less of a family friendly workplace but in all fairness this company has been constantly evolving over the past couple of years.
Pros
growth is encouraged.
Cons
constant change in organization and management
Aircraft Painter (Current Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 12, 2014
Good place to work. Some great people. Great hours.
Management is...
Co-workers are great
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the elements
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my co-works and customers