Hawker Beechcraft

Hawker Beechcraft United States Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Jig Builder/Tooling (Former Employee), Salina, KSMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: closed plant
Remastered jigs, Reset details with precision tools, welding, running various power tools ,read blueprints. Had a great boss, good co-workers. Meeting some deadlines was hard. Good working hours.
Educational and fun.
Avionics Electronics Technician (Current Employee), New Castle, DEJanuary 23, 2015
A typical day is very mentally challenging. We have a lot of fun while still maintaining our professionalism. The hardest part is it being high stress but it is very rewarding.
Their went bankrupt
Senior Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock ARJanuary 16, 2015
Aviation is a very volatile industry. This company is no longer in business and its facilities have been vacant since January 2013.
Lack of communication and lack of people not doing your jobs
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2015
a typical day at work would be clocking starting work, packing, sorting parts, with lack of supplies that we ask for in advance ,a week ahead time. computers not respond so we can do are jobs, as well as no benefits and no sick leave plus little space to work in. lack of communication because people not talking about work projects that they did then messing the other person up. it makes work a lot harder than what it should be.
Stay far away!
A&P Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: management, old and run down facility
I can say with certainty that this is one of the worst places I have ever worked in all of my aviation career.

The leads act like they are in the military yelling and talking down to employees.

Everyone that works there acts like they are scared.

Why would you be scared to lose your job at this place?

You can feel the tension when you walk in the place.

The communication is a joke, they give you zero warning of working overtime.

They treat everyone like a complete moron, the job isn't rocket science.

I can see why they have problems with retention.

Do yourself a big favor and DO NOT WORK HERE.
Excellent Workplace
Interior Installer (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 6, 2014
Hawker Beechcraft was a great company to work for. The pay was competitive, the hours were reasonable, and benefits were good. If it weren't for the company failing financially, I would suggest anyone work there. Overall, top choice for employment.
is where i started with my aircraft career
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 13, 2014
Pros: close too apt at the time
Cons: just didnt pay a competative wage
great place too learn the ropes n get started being responsible for your work
Reviewing BOM and Estimitate to Complete for Financial Reporting
Site sales $850m (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2014
Pros: co-worker interaction
Cons: financial stability of the organization overall
Typical Day: Discussing completion aspects of aircraft in relation to estimated plan (spending and timing). Identifying deviations and determining impact to reporting for the organization.

Hardest, most enjoyable, learning...... Learning the language of aerospace while implementing Scorecard Metrics for each process.
If the head mechanic does not like you, your out of there
Structures Mechanic (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2014
There is a lot of favoritism in the work floor.
The head mechanic has the last and only word and he says who stays and who doesn't.
Unstable company
Sheet Metal Mechanic and Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: moved me around to keep me employeed
Cons: stability
Hardest part of working for Hawker Beechcraft was that in the 7 years, my schedule changed 12 times making home life hard.
good place to work for.
Final Line Inspector (Former Employee), Wichita KansasSeptember 18, 2014
My job was to inspect the whole plane after being built (structural inside and out, electrical, mechanical, avionics, electronics,all flight surfaces, including routing and rigging, all safety systems and testing thereof and complete operations of all systems including engines before being sent to Flight Dept. I have numerous certifications from Hawker Beechcraft. (Now known as Textron Aviation). I worked with Management, Production and Engineering to produce an aircraft of the highest standards while still meeting deadlines. The enjoyable part of the job was when Q.A. and production work together to produce a quality product.
Troubled company
Regional Airworthiness Director (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 29, 2014
Pros: flying club
Cons: struggling company
Customers had become to steep discounts by the end of the year, so virtually no sales until late in the year, then a mad scramble to unload business jets at a loss. Sales department drove the company and promised customer just about anything.
Solid people, questionable future
Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing Specialist II (Former Employee), wichita, ksAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good co-workers, solid city
Cons: senior mangement was in flux
I enjoyed many of the people I worked with, however the private aircraft industry is unsure, and management was in flux during my tenure. As of the recent Textron purchase, I cannot speak to it. I have a favorable opinion of my experience there.
A great place to work where you are encouraged to grow and bring your ideas to the table.
Technical Support Specialist Sr (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 15, 2014
Pros: growth is encouraged.
Cons: constant change in organization and management
This company has changed over the years. Initially, a place where you could grow your career and family support was encouraged. Over the years, the focus has shifted to less of a family friendly workplace but in all fairness this company has been constantly evolving over the past couple of years.
Aircraft Painter (Current Employee), AtlantaAugust 12, 2014
Good place to work. Some great people. Great hours.
Management is...
Co-workers are great
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the elements
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my co-works and customers
loved my job but pay and insurance was not that great
Parts Dept (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2014
Pros: learning new parts for aircraft
Cons: pay and insurance is not the best
received parts , checked for correct part numbers, 8130s, certifications required by FFA. entered data to correct purchase order and charged parts to correct work order. shipped parts out for repair, service. Hazmat certified, forklift certified. Airport Security clearance. co-workers are great, managment is great. Hate to leave but I am relocation to the Huntsville Al. area.
Good company in a poor finicial position.
Senior Powerplant Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: company was headed for finicial riun.
Good co-workers and good work environment. Company was headed for bankruptcy because of poor senior management decisions.
Manager at the time was not manager material
Avionics Wiring Technician (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 15, 2014
Pros: cross training
Cons: too much overtime
Besides the work and coworkers, the manager was not organized lacked patience, and inconsistent with training.
Management Team
Avionics Tech II Supervisor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 7, 2014
Pros: small business atmosphere. if you just want a job fixing and modifying aircraft, it is a good place to work.
Cons: if you are looking for advancement, it will never happen. no supervision goals set. no sales representation.
They do ok at maintaining the service work. No desire by management to do anything other than manage the work flow in front of them.

Hundreds of opportunities offered by customer to upgrade their systems. There are no competent sales representatives.
Superb company to work for
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer (Former Employee), Little Rock ARJune 30, 2014
Pros: great company
Aircraft Lead
Interiors design
Management was great to work for
My co-workers were like family

1 2 3 4 5

About Hawker Beechcraft

Hawker Beechcraft prefers to keep its business up in the air. The company manufactures passenger planes and offers service and – Read more

Hawker Beechcraft Salaries