HAWKEYE COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great School
Business & Community Education Assistant (Former Employee), Cedar FallsDecember 3, 2014
Hawkeye offers a great education to their students and also a rewarding place to work. The education that my husband received from Hawkeye has allowed him to get a wonderful job. I also have received great training from Hawkeye and it is really Veteran friendly.
On your feet at all times
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Waterloo, IANovember 1, 2014
Pros: get to drive a security car
Cons: no lunch break, schedule changes daily, can't plan for life events, too many cons to this position
It's ok for a security job, but my background is IT and this was just a job to earn a paycheck.
School
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, iaOctober 6, 2014
going there was a great experience, I graduate with my AA degree in liberal arts and I enjoyed my teachers and meeting new people they was very helpful
Enjoyed being in the Secretary Atmosphere
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJanuary 9, 2014
Very good boss and co-workers to work with i felt like i belonged while i assisted the secretary in various tasks in the office.
Very Helpful with students
Student Life Assistant (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAMarch 18, 2013
A typical day at work would be doing table tents, moving sandwich boards, answering telephone calls and transferring them, learning more about student activity life. Management I would say is awesome. If I didn't understand something they would take the time to explain it further or help me with what I am doing. I don't have any co-workers at the time unless you count all three of my supervisors. I am a work-study right now so it's just me and them. The hardest part of my job is getting out and talking to people. I am learning how to be a people person and I feel I am doing better. Or when we set up for certain things. I have to climb latter's or carry some heavy objects but its really not that bad. The most enjoyable thing I like is that I can go at my own speed and how everyone around is just friendly. We can listen to music while working on a spreadsheet or doing table tents. Or just helping someone out on a daily basis.
family like setting, coworkers were helpful.
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAFebruary 27, 2013
nice group of workers. team work was amazing! place was like second home to all the worekers
fun atmosphere
Clerical (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJune 24, 2012
Pros: fun atmosphere
helped two professors with makin and correcting tests, help co-peers with decisions with classes or scheduling.